一切都四散了
Things fall apart
再也保不住中心
The center cannot hold
世界上到处弥漫着一片混乱
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world
到处把纯真的礼仪淹没其中
And everywhere, the ceremony of innocence is lost
优秀的人们信心尽失
The best lack all conviction
坏蛋们则充满了炽烈的狂热
And the worst are full of passionate intensity
诗的结尾寓意最深刻
But it ends so beautifully ominous.
何种狂兽
What rough beast
终于等到了时辰
Its hour come round at last
懒洋洋地倒向圣地来投生?
Slouches toward Bethlehem to be born?
是啊
Yes.
这个国家现在就面临这样一个关头
This country stands at such a juncture.
马诺洛
Manolo?
马诺
Mano?
总统先生 -诶
Mr. President. – Yeah.
抱歉 我睡着了
I’m sorry. I was asleep.
您需要什么?
What can I get you?
你晓得的 -当然
Well, you know. – Of course.
你怀念古巴吗 马诺洛?
Do you miss Cuba, Manolo?
怀念 总统先生
Yes, Mr. President.
我们让你和你的人♥民♥失望了 对吧?
We let you down, didn’t we? Your people.
那是肯尼迪先生
That was Mr. Kennedy, sir.
你不认为他是个英雄?
You don’t think he was a hero, do you?
他是个政客
He was a politician.
他死的时候你哭了吗?
Did you cry when he died?
哭了
Yes, sir.
为什么
Why?
我不知道
I don’t know.
他让我
He made me…
看见了星星
…see the stars.
他怎么有那么大的力量?
How did he do that?
那些孩子们
Those kids.
他们为什么那么恨我?
Why do they hate me so much?
嗨 我是迪克·尼克松
Hi, I’m Dick Nixon.
嗨
Hi, there.
你们从哪儿来?-锡拉丘兹
Where you from? – Syracuse.
哦 是啊 盛产橙子嘛
Oh, yeah, the, uh, Orangemen.
现在那儿有一个橄榄球项目
Now, there’s a football program.
吉姆·布朗 还有另外一个后卫
Jim Brown and that other tailback,
得了血液病的那个 -厄尼·戴维斯
the one with the blood disease. – Ernie Davis.
对对对
Yeah, right, right, right.
在惠蒂尔的时候我也打过一阵球
I used to play a little ball myself at Whittier.
当然 他们让我当防守的靶子
Of course, they used to use me as a tackling dummy.
我们来这儿不是谈橄榄球的
We didn’t come here to talk about football.
我明白
Yeah, I understand that.
姑娘 你多大了?-19岁
How old are you, young lady? – Nineteen.
哦
Yeah.
我知道 你们大多数人认为我是狗♥娘♥养♥的
Well, probably most of you think I’m a real SOB. I know that.
我理解你们的感觉 但你们要知道
I understand how you feel. But, you know,
我也渴望和平 但应该是光荣的和平
I want peace too. But peace with honor.
什么意思?-胡说
What does that mean? – Bullshit.
没有代价就没有和平
Well, you can’t have peace without a price.
有时你不得不为和平而战斗
Sometimes you have to be willing to fight for peace,
甚至为之牺牲
and sometimes to die.
是吗?把这些说给明天将在越南丧命的士兵们听
Yeah? Tell that to the GIs who are gonna die tomorrow in Vietnam.
是什么让你杀死妇女和儿童的?-你要明白的是
What lets you kill women and children? – What you have to understand
我们愿意为自己的信仰去死
is we’re willing to die for what we believe in.
没错 -对
That’s the truth. – Yeah.
对
Yeah.
瞧 那个人生活的时代和现在大同小异
Look, that man up there, he lived in similar times.
他碰上了动♥乱♥、内战、种族仇恨
Oh, he had chaos, civil war, hatred between the races.
全是胡说八道 -有时我去白宫的
This is all bullshit. – Sometimes I go to the Lincoln Room
林肯大厅祈祷 你们知道
at the White House and just pray. But, you know,
自♥由♥派的所做所为表面上好像是理想主义的
liberals act like idealism belongs to them.
但并不是这样
That’s not true.
我的家人站在共和党一边 因为是林肯解放了奴隶
My family went Republican because Lincoln freed the slaves.
我外婆是一个废奴主义者
My grandmother was an abolitionist.
是贵格会创立了我的家乡惠蒂尔
It was Quakers who founded Whittier, my hometown…
解决问题啊 -去废除奴隶
Address the issues. – …to abolish slavery.
他们是保守的基♥督♥徒
They were, you know, conservative Bible folk,
可他们有强烈的是非感
but they had a powerful sense of right and wrong.
四十年前 我和你们一样
Forty years ago, I was like you.
在寻找答案 -得了吧
Looking for answers. See? – Come on.
他真狡猾
Tricky Dick himself.
我母亲总是拿吃的给路过我家门口的流浪汉
My mother used to feed hobos stopping over at our house.
找到他了
We got him.
别推 蠢猪 -走开
Don’t push, pig. – Move away.
没事的 鲍勃 我们只是聊聊天 我和朋友们
It’s OK, Bob, we’re just rapping, my friends and I.
实际上我们在许多事情上都有共同点
In fact, we agree on a lot of things, don’t we?
才没有 你说你想结束越战
No, we don’t. You say you want to end the war,
为什么你不这样做呢?-转变总要慢慢来
so why don’t you? – Change always comes slowly.
我已经撤出了一大半的军队
I pulled out more than half the troops.
我正在试图削减军费预算 这可是三十年来的头一回
I’m trying to cut the military budget for the first time in 30 years.
我想有一支志愿军
I want a volunteer army.
然而这也是一个关系到美国声誉的问题
But it’s also a question of American credibility.
关系到我们在世界上的地位问题 -得了吧 尼克松
Our position in the world. – Come on, Mr. Nixon.
这是越南人之间的内战 -你不想要战争
It’s a civil war between Vietnamese. – You don’t want the war.
我们不想要战争 越南人也不想要战争
We don’t want the war. The Vietnamese don’t want the war.
那仗为什么还打个没完?
So why does it go on?
总统先生 您该走了 -好
You should be going, Mr. President. – OK.
拜托
Please.
你无法阻止它 是吧
You can’t stop it, can you?
即使你想阻止它
Even if you wanted to.
因为不是你 而是这个体制
‘Cause it’s not you, it’s the system.
是这个体制不让你阻止战争
The system won’t let you stop it.
有…有很多因素都
There’s… There’s more at stake here
超过你我所想的
than what you want or what I want.
那么关键是什么呢?
Then what’s the point?
那当总统又有什么用呢?你手无寸权
What’s the point of being president? You’re powerless!
不 不 我不是手无寸权
No! No, I’m not powerless.
因为我了解这个体系 我相信
Because I understand the system, I believe I can…
我可以控制它 或许不是完全控制
I can control it, maybe not control it totally,
但足以驯服它做好事
but tame it enough to make it do some good.
听起来你好像是在谈论一头野兽
Sounds like you’re talking about a wild animal.
也许是这样
Yeah, maybe I am.
我们真的必须走了 总统先生
We really must go, Mr. President. Please.
喂 那战争呢?-你什么时候撤军?
Hey, what about the war, man? – When you gonna get us out?
那个老男人走了 -走吧 离开这儿
The old man’s moving. – Move it. Get away.
她看透了 鲍勃 一个19岁的大学生
She got it, Bob. Nineteen-year-old college kid.
谁?什么?-她明白一些
What? Who? – She understood something
我在政♥治♥上花了25年才明白的事情
that’s taken me 25 years in politics to understand.
中情局 黑♥手♥党♥ 华尔街的杂种们
The CIA, the Mafia, those Wall Street bastards.
先生?-“野兽”
Sir? – The beast.
才19岁的孩子 她理解“野兽”的本质
Nineteen-year-old kid. She called it a wild animal.
是
Yes, sir.
在华盛顿 抗♥议♥越南战争的示♥威♥者
In Washington, the size of the crowds have swelled to over
人数已超过25万人
a quarter of a million demonstrators protesting the ongoing war in Vietnam.
外面肯定有25万人吧
There must be a quarter million out there.
他们搞了整整一年了 像特雷西娅那样的孩子
They’ve been at it for a whole year. Young kids just like Tricia.
你认为他们有道理吗 埃德加?
You think they got a point, Edgar?
也许这一整套该死的政♥府♥体系 -记得列♥宁♥在1917年说的吗
This whole damn system of government. – Remember what Lenin said in 1917.
权力就在大街上
The power was lying in the street.
等着人们去捡
Just waiting for someone to pick it up.
共♥产♥党从来没有这么嚣张过
Communists have never been closer than now.
现在是回到老调子上的时候了
Now is the time to get back to the old themes.
就是让您当上总统的那个调子
The ones that made you president.
让共♥产♥党人知道您要对付他们
Let the communists know you’re on to them.
那些小畜生以为在倒影池里裸舞
Little bastards think they can ruin Tricia’s wedding
就可以搅了特雷西娅的婚礼
by dancing naked in the reflection pool.
别理他们 也别撤军
Don’t listen to ’em. And don’t quit.