你之前几部影片毁在了自己手里
You kill your film several times.
主要是因为你对公众提及过多
Mostly by talking about it.
戏如梦境
A film is a dream.
一旦用纸笔和摄像机加以记录 它便不复存在
You kill it writing it down, you kill it with a camera,
演员们入木三分的表演
Your film might come to life for a moment or two when
也许能给影片注入一丝生气
your actors breathe life back into it,
但其终究难逃失败的宿命 无人问津
But then it dies again, buried in film cans.
干这行的奇妙之处在于 在工作室里
Mysteriously, sometimes, in the editing room…
胶片的剪辑拼合 缔造了一个个奇迹
a miracle happens when you place one image next to another
如果你足够幸运
so that when finally an audience sits in the dark
作品便能历经重重登上大银幕
if you’re lucky, very lucky,
我也被幸运垂青过
and sometimes I’ve been lucky
但现实却再次将梦境吞没
the dream flickers back to life again.
这就是我注重隐私的原因
That’s why I’m secretive.
那么 您最喜欢哪种面条
So, what’s your favorite pasta?
总算来了个靠谱的问题
Finally, a serious question.

电影城摄影棚 罗马 1965年
Cinecitta Film Studios Rome 1965
导演 祝你好运
Good luck, Maestro.
导演 导演 导演
Maestro, maestro, maestro.
孔蒂尼导演
Maestro Contini
你打算如何开场
How do you begin?
影片要如何开场呢
How do you begin this thing?
第一页 第一页 第一页
Page one, page one, page one…
空无一文
Page nothing.
圭多 你在这儿呢 早上好 丹特
Guido, you’re here. – Buongiorno, Dante.
我到处找你呢
I’ve been looking for you all over the place.
就快开机了吧
The set’s coming along, eh?
你怎么样 挺好的 谢谢
How are you? – Bene, grazie, bene.
瞧你胡子邋遢的 好好打理一下吧
My God you look terrible. Better go to makeup.
可别忘了还有新闻发布会呢
Forgot you’ve got a press conference?
他没打领带 没错 赶紧换身衣服 梳洗一下
He has no tie. – Yes, makeup and wardrobe.
孔蒂尼先生 我是法斯图 他负责核算成本
Signor Contini, I’m Fausto. – He’s counting cost.
银行派他来的
The bank wants him here.
孔蒂尼先生 别烦他 我来和他说
Signor Contini. – Don’t speak to him, I speak to him.
我想问孔蒂尼先生一些问题
Okay. I have some questions for Signor Contini.
大家都等着向孔蒂尼先生提问呢
You all have questions for Signor Contini.
没错 但是拜托
Yes, but please.
按照惯例 在电影开拍前
I think it’s customary for there to be an approved
应该核准剧本和资金预算
script and budget before filming commence.
他不会一直跟着咱们吧
Is he going to follow us?
我并不是有意刁难
It’s not my intention to be difficult, Maestro.
我是孔蒂尼导演的忠实粉丝
I’m a huge admirer of Maestro Contini’s movies
您的早期作品… 深受观众喜爱
your early films are… everybody loves them.
能见到你真是三生有幸
And I consider it a great honor for me to be here.
但尽管如此 我还是得拿到剧本和预算
But nonetheless, I need a script and a budget
您想把留言放在哪 放我桌上
Where do you want your messages? – On my desk.
您桌上已经腾不出空地儿了
There’s no room on your desk.
我也没辙了 扔垃圾桶吧
Under my desk. In the trash. Non lo so.
好啊 宝拉 给我拿根烟来
Ciao, Paula. Get me a cigarette.
咱们肯定来不及在十天之内开机
We will never be ready to shoot in ten days.
杰克利…
Jaconelli…
什么 没准备好 听我说
What? Not ready? – Ascolta me.
管好你的嘴 那家伙是银行派来盯梢的
Be careful what you say. He’s a spy from the bank.
他根本不是银行的人
He’s not exactly from the bank.
演员在您的办公室等您
You have actors waiting for you in your office.
你整个上午都有试镜安排
You have auditions all morning.
你得看看我发现了啥宝贝 我看中了一对姐妹花
You should see what I found. I found two sisters…
我得抽几口烟才行
I need a cigarette.
莉莉 给他找件衬衣和领带
He needs a shirt and a tie, Lilli.
想要咖啡 就先回答我的问题
Answer the question and I will give you a coffee
想要抽烟 就再多回答一个
Answer another, and I will give you a cigarette.
估计只有阿司匹林救得了我 冷静点儿
Actually need an Aspirin. – Calm down.
咱俩都清楚 当导演免不了被盛名所累
Directing a movie is a very overrated job, we all know it.
你只管回答是与不是就行了 用不着操心别的事
You just have to say yes or no. What else? Nothing.
“用红色怎么样”行”绿色呢”不行
“Should this be Red?” Yes. “Green?” No
“再来点”行”再涂点唇膏”不行
“More extras?” Yes “More lipstick?” No
是 不是 是 不是
Yes. No. Yes. No.
说的没错 导演就这么回事
That’s right. That’s directing.
答案是什么其实无关紧要
It doesn’t seem to make any difference what the answer is.
好吧 圭多 是或者不是
So, please, Guido, yes or no.
这部片子需要服装吗
Do you want costumes in this film?
需要 看吧 不费吹灰之力
Yes. – You see? Simple.
能告诉我影片的档期吗
Might I know what period the movie is in?
快了
Soon.
制片人在这儿可不受欢迎
You know I don’t allow producers in here.
圭多 给你两分钟准备
Two minutes Guido.
可算走了
He’s gone.
剧本有进展吗
Have you written a word of the script?
没有
No.
你现在惊慌不安么
Are you in a panic?
是的
Yes.
路易莎会陪你出席发布会吗
Is Luisa going with you to the Press Conference?
不 没别人 只有丹特和他的眼线
No. Nobody. Dante and his spy.
你得刮刮胡子 瞧你这胡子拉碴的
You need to shave. You look terrible.
为什么这儿没有逃生梯呢
Why is there no fire escape in here?
万一有人要逃命怎么办
What if somebody needed to escape?
我没法应对那帮记者 没啥好说的
I can’t face these reporters. I have nothing to say.
你会没事的
You’ll be fine.
亲爱的 扁的都能被你说成圆的
You’re a world class liar, darling.
尽管去为意大利吹嘘吧
Go out there and lie for Italy.
替意大利说谎
Lie for Italia.
我这到底是怎么了
What the hell is wrong with me?
彻夜难寐 思绪混乱 没法创作
I can’t sleep, I can’t think, I can’t write.
甚至没法自主呼吸 心跳加剧
I can’t breathe. My heart is racing.
妈妈 我这是要死了吗
Am I dying, Mamma?
我知道我欠你一大束鲜花
I owe you flowers, I know.
我周末会来给你上坟
I will come to the cemetery at the weekend.
妈妈 您应该让我把您葬在罗马才对
You should have let me bury you in Roma, Mamma.
这样我就能每周去看你
Could have visited you every week.
别那么盯着我看
Don’t look at me like that.
圭多 圭多
Oh, Guido, Guido.
圭多 是你成就了罗马
This is your Rome, Guido.
人们通过你的作品了解罗马
The world sees Rome the way you invented it.
你的作品功不可没
Your films did that.
我非常想你 我也想你
I miss you. – I miss you too.
我们在这等待孔蒂尼的到来
We are just waiting for the arrival of Contini any moment now
这部影片能否让他重返巅峰
Could this film put the Maestro back on top?
他来了
And here he is!
感谢您的到来
Thank you for coming.
请保持安静 谢谢 谢谢
Silenzio, per favore. Thank you, thank you.
有请和孔蒂尼导演长♥期♥合作的制♥作♥人发言
Guido Contini’s long time producer, is about to speak
我只想说几句心里话
I just want to say a few words from my heart.
我非常荣幸能继续担任孔蒂尼导演
I am humbled and thrilled to announce that I’m producing
下部作品的制片人
Guido Contini’s next film:
“意大利”
“Italia”
哪位影星将再次领衔出演这部作品呢
which will star once again Contini’s longtime inspiration
国际影星克劳迪娅·简森
the international film star, Claudia Jenssen.
影片将于十天内在电影城开机
We start shooting in ten days time in Cinecitta
也就是下周星期一
That makes it one week from Monday.
谢谢你 导演 非常感谢
Thank you, Maestro, thank you very much.
这是我们合作的第九部影片 圭多·孔蒂尼
This is our ninth film together. Guido Contini.
感谢各位的到来
Thanks for coming, everybody.
孔蒂尼导演 请讲
Maestro Contini. – Yes?
谢谢 您的新片叫意大利 这可是个大主题
Grazie. Maestro Contini, your new film is called Italia. Big title.
这其实是我最短的片名了
Actually it’s my shortest title yet.
但却挺高调的 拍电影可不能虚掩声势
But hardly a modest one. – Films are not modest.
影片投资巨大 耗时漫长
They cost too much, they take too long,
凝结了许多人的心血
and they involve too many people.
必须选择有价值的主题
They should have grand titles.
能否透露一下影片的大概内容

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!