山谷北边的尽头
The north end of the Valley.
有时电♥话♥把我叫到那里去…
Some of the calls sometimes take me over there,
但那里没有我所熟知的人了
but nobody I know still lives out there.
你从宾夕法尼亚的费城来
You’re from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
你怎么知道的
How did you know that?
网上都有
It’s online.
你所有的事情都在网上
Everything about you is online.
不是所有的事 不过绝对有很多
Not everything, but definitely a lot.
我看了你报道的所有新闻
I’ve watched all the videos from when you were a reporter.
我想你也会看
I’m sure you look at those, of course.
哦 天呐
No. God, no.
除非我有一杯酒否则绝对不可能
Not without a drink in my hand.
我一直在关注我的工作
I watch my work all the time.
是吗 你想当一个记者
Yeah? Do you want to become a reporter?
不是
No.
你们这种家伙最想要的就是上电视
Most of you guys want air time.
我不是
Not me.
我希望成为拥有电视台和摄像机的人
I want to be the guy that owns the station that owns the camera.
一切都进展顺利 但是…
The business is going well,
为了达到下一个境界…
but in order to grow to the next level,
迎接挑战
I need to stay one step ahead of my competition
冒些风险
and take risks.
我同时也需要资金支持去扩张发展
I also need financial support to implement expansion.
你还想要一杯玛格丽特鸡尾酒吗
Would you like another Margarita?
这杯就够了
One is enough.
多谢你能出来和我聊天
Thanks for coming out to talk.
我现在想要的是
The place I’m in now
跟能够合作的人建立关系
is that I want a relationship with someone I can team up with
并且分享同样的工作和时间 以及其他任何事情
and share, like we share, the same job and hours and whatnot.
我还可以列出详细的规划 不过你得明白我的意思
I could go down a laundry list, but you get the idea.
当然
Yes.
我希望你能找到你中意的人
Well, I hope you find someone.
关于这个 妮娜
Here’s the thing about that, Nina.
我相信我已经找到了
I’m quite certain I already have.
好吧
Okay.
让我更委婉地说吧
Let me put this politely.
我只和你出来吃饭
I only came out to dinner with you, Lou,
单纯出于职业性的礼数
purely as a professional courtesy.
谢谢你
Thank you.
我不认为
I don’t think it’s any secret
让你的商业价值
that I’ve single-handedly raised
大大提升
the unit price of your ratings book.
商业价值 哇哦
Our ratings book price? Whoa!
我学东西很快
I’m a very fast learner.
我们曾经的谈话表明过这一点
We had a conversation where I specifically mentioned that.
你还记得吗
Do you remember that?
你呢
Well, do you?
当然
Yes.
我最近就学到了
I recently learned, for instance,
许多美国人通过看当地新闻 来保持消息灵通
that most Americans watch local news to stay informed.
我也学到了
I also learned that
洛杉矶电视台的本地新闻 平均每半小时内报道
the average half-hour of Los Angeles television news
地方政♥治♥的部分
packs all of its local government coverage
包括警♥察♥ 债务 交通运输
including law enforcement, budget, transportation,
教育和移♥民♥
education and immigration
用22秒的时间播报
into 22 seconds.
本地犯罪新闻不仅仅主导了新闻
Local crime stories, however, not only usually led the news
是那个的14倍
but filled 14 times the broadcast,
为此增加了5分7秒
averaging five minutes and seven seconds.
KWLA很依赖这种犯罪新闻
KWLA relies heavily on such stories.
随着洛杉矾犯罪率降低…
With Los Angeles crime rates going down,
我想电视台会十分看重我的素材
I think that makes items like mine particularly valuable.
就像珍稀动物一样
Like rare animals.
我只能想象在下个月的评分时
I can only imagine that your needs will increase
对你的需求量会增加
during next month’s rating sweeps period.
哇哦
Ooh!
是的
Yeah.
我们会很感激你的所作所为
Well, we certainly appreciate what you do.
独自工作也有它的好处
There’s certain good things about being alone.
你有时间去做你想做的事情
You have time to do the things you wanna do,
比如学习和规划…
like study and plan,
但你不可能像这样享受晚餐
but you can’t have dinners like this
或是有性生活
or be physical with a person.
我不是指逢场作戏
I mean, outside of flirtation-ship.
你想要说明什么
Where are you going with this?
我想要那样的生活
I want that.
和你
With you.
就像你要保住工作和医疗保险
Like you want to keep your job and your health insurance.
听着 对于一个新手
Look, just for starters,
我可不需要你来保住工作
I don’t need you to keep my fucking job.
你是新导编 在洛杉矶兰帕特
You’re the news director on the vampire shift
有着最低的评分的电视台
of the lowest-rated station in Los Angeles.
你对我的拥有实质性的专用权
We have what could be considered an almost-exclusive relationship.
这儿还有很多其他地方我能混口饭吃
There are many other places I could go.
我需要知道你会对我的转型期投资
I have to think that you’re invested in this transaction.

Here you are.
-请慢用 -谢啦
-Enjoy. -Thank you.
你哪来的底气给我这样的建议
Where did you get the balls to even suggest something like this?
我们继续说
We’re still talking.
不 没有什么可说的了
No. There’s nothing more to say.
你现在可以出去
You can leave.
好吧 你看
Okay, look.
你做的很好 不是吗
You’ve done well. Okay?
并且我们待你不薄 真的 我们一直都这样
And we pay you well, very well. We always have.
如果你喜欢 我可以给你一次特别的预付费用
If you like, I could get you an exclusive retainer.
那会比你每次拿到的报酬都高
That would be on top of your segment fees.
我甚至可以给你安排一个在电视台的职务
I could maybe even get you a job at the station
比如从制片助理开始
starting as a production assistant.
这样你可以从内部学习 这是你一直感兴趣的
So that you could learn the business from the inside.
这就是你曾说过的兴趣所在
That’s where you said your interests lie.
你根本就没在听 妮娜
You’re not listening, Nina.
我碰巧知道你从没在一家电视台
I happen to know that you haven’t stayed at one station
呆过超过两年……
for longer than two years at a time,
而你到这儿快两年了
and you’re coming up on two years soon.
我可以想象
I can imagine
我可以想到你的合约快要到期
that your contract is for that length of time.
然后下个月的评分
And that next month’s ratings
决定是否会续约
directly affect that.
所以你是在威胁我 如果我
So, you’re threatening that if I don’t…
如果我不遂你意
I’m negotiating.
你对我威胁要停止卖♥♥新闻
You’re threatening to stop selling to me.
选择权在你
That’s your choice.
东西的真正价值
The true price of any item
在于买♥♥家愿意付多少钱
is what somebody’s willing to pay for it.
你想要一些东西
You want something.
而我又想要你
And I want you.
去你的
To fuck you.
作为一个朋友
And as a friend.
天啊 朋友不会威胁朋友
Jesus Christ, friends don’t pressure friends
去发生性关系
to fucking sleep with them.
事实上 那不是真的 妮娜
Actually, that’s not true, Nina.
为此我相信你知道
Because as I’m sure you know,
一个朋友 是自己给自己的一种礼物
a friend is a gift you give yourself.
好 现在左转到罗斯
Okay, a left on Roth,
到达斜坡还有6个街区
and then six blocks to the ramp.
你要我去第五大道
You’re putting me on the 5?
过了第二大道后
Yeah, the 2 to
再开往110号♥高速 最后转向第十大道
the 5 to the 110 to the 10.
你看了我昨天的交通备忘录没
Did you read my traffic memo yesterday?
我读过吗
Did I read it?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!