只有死亡
It is death and only death,
才能让我们感受到每时每刻的美丽和忧惧
that gives each moment beauty and horror.
只有通过死亡才能让人感受到活着
Only through death is time living thing.
为什么上帝没有发现这一点
Why does the Lord not noticed?
为什么他要威胁我们
Why does He threaten us with a… endlessness
用他那不可忍♥受的悲凉
that can only be unbearably desolate?
我不想活在一个没有教堂的世界
I would not want to live in a world without cathedrals.
我需要它们窗户上的光芒
I need the luster of their windows,
它们的坚韧 它们的沉默
their cool stillness, their imperious silence.
我需要那空洞的语言 诗篇的宏伟
I need the holiness of words, the grandeur of great poetry.
就像我同样需要自♥由♥一样
But just as much I need the freedom
来面对这个世界的残酷
to rebel against everything that is cruel in this world.
因为两者不可缺一
For the one is nothing without the other.
没有人能逼迫我作出选择
And no one may force me to choose.
怎么样?
What do you think?
我原以为你用拉丁文作演讲
I though you would deliver a speech in Latin.
可这样 没多少人能听懂
But then, only a very few, would understood it.
你是他的朋友?
Are you friends with that boy?
我们是最好的朋友
We are the best of friends.
所有那些脸庞
All of those faces, and more,
都来参加了葬礼
came to his funeral.
他死在革命的当天 (葡萄牙结束独♥裁♥统治的康乃馨革命)
He died on the day of the Revolution.
他们都带来了红色康乃馨
Oh so, they all brought red carnations.
我没有讲任何有关上帝的悼文
I dared not speak any words about God
阿玛迪欧称之为”他那空洞的承诺”
after what Amadeu called “His empty promises.”
但我允许自己说
But I did allow myself…
一个宗教性的词
one religious word.
阿门
Amen.
我为他自豪
I was very proud of him.
那你为什么从不告诉他
And why did you never tell him, papa?
直到今天 我还是不知道那两人之间的联♥系♥
To this day, I never found out what secret bound those two together,
以及对阿玛迪欧的影响
and what that to do with Amadeu.
我哥哥不在这里 -我知道
My brother is not here. – I know.
那就走吧
Go away.
我知道发生了什么
I know what happened.
他得了动脉瘤
He had an aneurysm.
书上写的
It’s in the book.
一个人要如何独自承受?
How do you live with that?
随时随地血管可能就会爆裂
No one had ever telling him blood vessel could burst,
血液充满大脑
flooding your brain with blood?
直到看了他写的文字 我才知道这事
I only found out after when I discovered his writings.
他从没告诉任何人
He never told anyone.
连我也没有
Not even me.
抱歉 我不想让你生气
I am sorry. I didn’t mean to upset you.
等等
No, wait.
我带你看看他工作的地方
Let me show you where he worked.
无论白天黑夜都会有病人
People came day and night,
来看病
to see him,
寻求治愈
to be healed.
没有人该生活在病痛之中 他总是这么说
No one should be in pain, he always used to say.
门总是敞开着
The door was always opened.
我遇到了乔
I met João Eça.
他提到阿玛迪欧加入了抵抗组织
He mentioned that Amadeu was in the resistance…
抵抗组织
Huh. the resistance…
他救了门德斯一命
… and that he saved Mendes’ life.
那天已经深夜
It was late in the evening.
有吓人的喊叫
There were terrible shouts
从广场上传来
across the square.
杀人犯
Murderer!
警♥察♥来了
The Police!
我们需要帮助
We need help!
找医生来
Get the doctor.
去那里
In there!
阿玛迪欧 你得来看看
Amadeu, you need to come, now.
他是…
Is this…?
出去
Out. Out!
安德里亚娜
Adriana.
叛徒
A traitor. Traitor!
叛徒
Traitor.
你是个叛徒 -我是个医生
You are a traitor! – I’m a doctor.
你听到了 我是一个医生
You hear me? A doctor!
你是个叛徒
You are a traitor!
他坐在这把椅子上 洗脸
He sat him down in this very chair and washed his face.
他那俊美的脸庞
His beautiful face.
在那之后 病人们都不来了 包括乔治
After that, people stopped coming. Even Jorge.
让他非常伤心
That pretty hurt him.
你知道乔治吗?
You know of Jorge?
我知道他们是非常好的朋友
I know they were great friends.
为什么这世界如此残酷? -我也这么自问
Why is the world so cruel? – I ask myself that…
但这毫不足道 -上帝根本不关心
It is if it doesn’t care. – God doesn’t care.
阿玛迪欧是对的
Amadeu was right about that.
我想一个人静静
I would like to be alone now.
我可以给你打电♥话♥吗? -为什么?
May I call on you again? – Why?
他的生活 他的世界…
His life, his world, was…
如此不同寻常 让我的生活相形见绌
… extraordinary. Makes my seem so insignificant.
有烟吗? -哪个牌子的?
You have cigarettes? – Which brand?
Um…
你带了吗?
You brought them?
等等
No, wait, wait.
这里每个人都是间谍 堪比法♥西♥斯♥
Everyone here is a spy. Worse than the damn fascists.
我们去外面
We go outside.
你不会是为了要香烟才想见我吧
You didn’t telephone me just to get cigarettes.
我找你是因为
I called because…
昨天跟你谈完让我睡了个好觉
talking to me let me sleep better, last night.
阿玛迪欧不吸烟 我们之中唯一不吸烟的
Amadeu, he never smoked. He’s the only one who didn’t.
乔治抽烟抽的很厉害
Jorge, he smoked like a chimney.
乔治还活着吗? -我不知道
Jorge, uh– is he still alive? – I don’t know.
艾丝特法尼亚失踪后 我再没跟他说过话
I never talk to him after what happened with Stafania.
没有人知道
No one knew how to.
难以开口
It was too personal.
谁是艾丝特法尼亚?
Who is Stafania?
记得一切的女人
The woman who remember everything.
他们抓我就是为了找到她
That’s why they picked me up to get to her.
尼古拉中尉
Lieutenant Nicholas Ribeiro.
本菲卡 12月28日
Benfica. 28 December.
电♥话♥8572463
Telephone, 857-2463.
7th Article.
卡洛斯上校
Captain Carlos Peixe.
辛特拉 鲁阿街47号♥
Sintra, 47 Rua (street)…
嘘
Sh-e-e.
是阿玛迪欧·德·普拉多
Is that Amadeu de Prado?
乔治
Jorge…
你在里面吗? -让他进来
Are you in there? – Let him in.
你为什么躲着我
Why have you been avoiding me?
其他人我能理解 可你…
Everyone else I can understand. But you?
我没有躲着你
I am not avoiding you.
你在撒谎 乔治 我们不该互相说谎
You are lying, Jorge. We do not lie to each other!
我要加入抵抗组织
I want to join the resistance.
因为内疚
Because of guilt?
作为一名医生 我别无选择
As a doctor, I had no choice.
作为医生 你应该往他心脏注射毒药
As a doctor, you should have injected poison into his heart.
而不是肾上腺素
Not adrenaline [medical stimulant].
坐下 阿玛迪欧
Sit, Amadeu.
不把我介绍给你朋友?
Are you going to introduce me to your friends?
这是乔
This is João
这是艾丝特法尼亚
And this, is Stafania.
我本该早点让你们认识 可是…
I was going to introduce you sooner but…
我们一直忙于抵抗组织的事
the resistance keeps us busy.
她很美吧
Is she beautiful?
如果你的第一项任务是杀掉你父亲
What if you first assignment was to kill your father?
为什么? -因为他是大♥法♥官
Why? – Because he is a judge.