-弗比恩的股票怎么样了 哈里 -不要紧
-How’s Fabian’s stocks and shares, Harry? -Never mind!
你何时开你的巴黎办公室 哈里
When are you gonna open up your Paris office, Harry?
-呃 -可爱的花儿
-Eh! -Lovely flowers!
晚上好 莫利 晚上好
Evening, Molly. Evening, Molly, my girl.
-你好 哈里 你好吗 -你好
-Hello, Harry. How are you? -How are you?
你很清醒 卖♥♥的一定很慢
Well, you’re sober. Trade must be slow.
慢 瓦解
Slow? Disintegrating.
你要一个新康乃馨
You need a fresh carnation.
多谢 莫利 记在我的账上
Thanks, Molly. Put it on my account.
不用了 亲爱的 我相信你
That’s all right, my dear. I’ll trust you.
你也在啊 贝特
There you are, Bert.
-祝福你 哈里 半个克郎 -知道了
-Bless you, Harry. Half a crown. -Don’t mention it.
如果你们想为我丈夫工作
If you girls want to work for my husband,
你们已经很好地开始了
you’ve got to start off on the right foot.
你们必须明白规矩
You must understand the rules
他会支持什么 会反对什么
what he’ll stand for and what he won’t.
首先 你们在俱乐部时 不能偷男人的钱
First, no stealing from the gentlemen while you’re in the club.
你在外边做什么不关他的事…
What you do outside is none of his business…
但这儿我们把它当作一条规矩
but in here we take it from them legitimate
等会不要抱怨
and no complaints later.
记往 如果一个男人想跳舞
Remember, if a gentleman wants to dance,
或想你坐在他身边…
or if he wants you to sit with him…
你的时间就从一镑开始计
your time costs anything from a quid up.
但别总是提钱 小机灵点
But don’t harp on money. Be subtle.
无论他给你什么 先拿着
Whatever he gives you, take it first,
等会要看上去很失望
look disappointed afterwards.
如果一个男人给你土耳其烟
If a man offers you a Turkish cigarette,
告诉他你只抽弗吉尼亚的
tell him you only smoke Virginian.
如果他抽弗吉尼亚的 那你就说你抽土耳其烟
If he’s smoking Virginian, then you’ll smoke Turkish.
噢 是的巧克力 迷你盒我们卖♥♥2镑
Oh, yes, chocolates. Fancy boxes we sell at two pounds.
一盒巧克力值两磅合理吗
Isn’t two quid a bit steep for a box of chocolates?
它们是手工制♥作♥的 亲爱的
They’re hand-dipped, deary.
到晚上的时候
When the night’s up,
我以先生付的三分之一的价格从你们那里买♥♥回来
I buy them back from you for a third of what the gentleman paid.
晚上好 菲尔
Evening, Phil.
呃 需要帮忙吗
Well, need any help with that stuff?
-你去哪了 小子 -呃 我…我…
-Where have you been, dear boy? -Well, I… I’ve, uh…
在肯尼斯度过了愉快地假期
Been having a pleasant holiday at Cannes?
或在威德瑟过了周末
Or spending the weekend at Windsor Castle?
-我病了 -噢 啧啧啧 可怜小子病了
-I’ve been ill. -Oh! Tsk-tsk-tsk. Poor boy’s been ill.
我读了时代杂♥志♥上所有关于这个的内容
I read all about it in The Times.
“弗比恩先生 据报道…
“Mr. Fabian, it is reported…
正遭受狂热的
is suffering from a highly inflamed imagination…
地位权势的幻想症”
coupled by delusions of grandeur.”
-他去哪了 -现在 现在 一定很好
-Well, where’s he been? -Now, now, Helen. Mustn’t be unkind.
-可爱的小子在死亡的门槛上 -啧啧啧
-The dear boy’s been at death’s door. -Tsk-tsk-tsk.
我很高兴看到你完全康复了
Well, I’m glad to see you’re fully recovered.
我们在担心他 是吧 菲尔
We were worried about him, weren’t we, Phil?
-确实是 -有点迟了
-Indeed we were. -It’s getting late.
是时候”可爱小子”穿好衣服滚开了
Time for “dear boy” to get dressed and hop it.
“滚了”
“Hop it.”
保重 小子
Take care of yourself, dear boy.
嘿 哈里 三个冤大头 你给多少钱
Hey, Harry. Three live ones. What’s it worth to you?
看你知道多少了
Depends on how much you know.
看你能给多少了
Depends on how much you’ll go.
芝加哥来的 做衣服生意的
From Chicago. Men’s clothing business.
他们中有一个一直在说
One of them, the half-pint, kept on talking’ about
他一定要写信的名叫纳蒙的朋友
a friend of his called Lamont he must write to.
这个纳蒙在他叫做”圈子”的里面…
This here Lamont’s in the motor supply business…
做发动机供应生意
in something he called “the loop.”
-晚上好 -晚上好
-Good evening, sir. -Good evening.
-往常一样 -如果你愿意
-The usual? -If you please.
很高兴你又回到伦敦了 先生
It’s good to have you back in London, sir.
多谢你 查尔斯
Thank you, Charles.
晚上好
Good evening.

Uh-oh.
对不起 这个钱包是你们的吗
I beg your pardon. Does this wallet belong to one of you gentlemen?
为什么 不 它不是的
Why, no, it doesn’t.
-晚上好 费比恩先生 -晚上好 艾米利
-Good evening, Mr. Fabian. -Good evening, Emil.
一定有人掉了这个
Someone must have dropped this.
不久会来找的 毫无疑问
Soon come running for it, no doubt.
多谢 费比恩先生
Thank you, Mr. Fabian.
在我回美国时丢过一次
Happened to me once back in the States.
从纽约到旧金山
Traveling from New York to San Francisco,
在芝加哥换了火车的时候
changed trains in Chicago, you know?
-真可恨 如果我没有掉我的钱包 -是啊
-Darned if I don’t lose my wallet. -No!
幸好我认识一个做发动机供应商
Luckily I knew a chap in the loop,motor supplies.
那个人叫纳蒙
Fella named Lamont.
-纳蒙 你说纳蒙 -怎么了 是的
-Lamont? Did you say Lamont? -Why, yes.
-你说史达比·纳蒙 -怎么了 是呀
-You mean Stubby Lamont? -Why, yes!
你知道什么 我们刚才才说到他
Well, what do you know? We were just talking about him!
-是啊 -噢 等着我告诉史达比
-Yeah! -Oh, wait till I tell Stubby!
是的 等着
Yes, just wait.
-就象遇到家乡的人 -真是凑巧啊
-It’s like meeting someone from home. -It’s quite a coincidence.
-是的 来抽根烟 -是 来抽根烟
-Yes! Have a cigarette. -Yes, have a cigarette.
不 多谢了 先生们 多谢了
No, thank you, gentlemen. Thank you very much.
-在伦敦很久了吗 -只两天
-Been in London long? -Just two days.
-两天 做生意 -你知道的
-Two days, huh? On business? -Well, you know.
是的 我知道
Yes, I know.
我相信你们的生意会很成功
Well, I’m sure your business will be a great success.
晚安 先生们
Good night, gentlemen.
-晚安 -晚安
-Good night. -Good night.
你们不是准备 整个晚上在这儿吧
Say, uh, you boys surely don’t plan to spend the entire evening here.
-我们欢迎你提出建议 -是的
-Always open to suggestions. -Yeah!
事实上 我还真知道个地方
As a matter of fact, I do know of a place.
-是吗 -有点没规矩
-Yeah? -It’s a bit naughty.
但很有意思
But great fun.
银孤 私人夜♥总♥会♥
Silver Fox. Private club.
-私人夜♥总♥会♥ -这儿 我的名片
-Private club? -Here, you take my card.
-你们会得到照顾的 -多谢 那太好了
-You’ll be well taken care of. -Thanks. That’s swell!
-很乐意 可能在那儿见到你们 -是的
-It’s a pleasure. Might see you there. -Yeah!
当你写信给史达比时 请帮我问声好
When you write to Stubby, give him my best, will ya?
-行 -当然 行啊
-You bet! -Sure! You bet!
-晚上好 -晚上好 哈里
-Good night. -Good night, Harry.
-晚上好 先生 -晚上好
-Good night, gentlemen. -Good night.
晚上好
Good night.
打断他的脖子 史瑞勒
Break his neck, Strangler!
加油 史瑞勒
Come on, Strangler!

Uh-oh.
对不起 这个钱包是你们的吗
Pardon me. Does this wallet belong to one of you gentlemen?
出去
Out.
-什么 -出去
-I beg your pardon. -Out.
你什么意思 这可是个公众场合
What do you mean? This is a public place.
也是个太平间 快走
So’s the morgue. Move.
显然你不知道我是谁
Well, evidently you don’t know who I am.
克瑞斯多不喜欢皮条客 在他的摔跤场上挤来挤去
Mr. Kristo don’t like club touts hustling suckers in his arena.
出去
Get out!
-猪 猪 猪 -乔治瑞斯
-Pigs! Pigs! Pigs! -Gregorious!
-乔治瑞斯 -让他们听到 猪 来啊
-Gregorious! -Let ’em hear! Pigs! Come on.
-怎么了 那是…-那是乔瑞斯
-Why? that -that’s Gregorious!
-谁 -世界上最好的摔跤手
-Who? -Finest wrestler world’s ever known.
爸爸 别这样 你去哪儿
Papa, please. Where are you going?
你把我从雅典带来为了这个 这个马戏团
Is it for this you brought me from Athens? This circus?
你们对摔跤做了什么
What have you done to wrestling?
你认为我会允许尼古拉斯跟这样的废物摔跤
Do you think I’d permit Nikolas to wrestle with such filth?
喂喂喂 别紧张 老小子
Now, now, now, now. Take it easy, old boy. Take it easy.
不许这样对我父亲说话 出去
You do not talk like that to my father. Get out!
这个我不会感谢你 儿子
For this I do not thank you, my son.
求你了 爸爸 听我说
Please, Papa, listen to me.
你必须明白时代变了
You must understand that times have changed.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!