He has a mother, sister,and friend in need of support…
此外当然得喂饱自己的肚子
as well as the demands of his own stomach.
跟我们比起来,亲爱的兄弟他简直没有肚子
Compared to us, dear brother,he appears to have no stomach at all.
法兰克,蛋糕呢?
Frank, where are those cakes?
-尼科比先生,我兄弟奈德-你好吗,先生?
– Mr. Nickleby, my brother, Ned.- How do you do, sir?
谢谢你,法兰克
Thank you, Frank.
-请用-谢谢
– My friend.- Thank you.
你让我们私下讨论一下你的薪资
Would you give us a momentto discuss your salary?
这个…
Now then…
我们该问问他以前的…
I suppose we should ascertainhis previous…
他以前的薪水,当然
His previous stipend, of course.
抱歉,先生你前一个工作的薪资是多少】?
Forgive me, sir, your previous salary was?
周薪1英镑,先生
£1 a week, sir.
年薪就是52英镑
An annual salary of £52.
对年轻人来说,这薪水不合理
That’s rather an unsuitableemolument for a boy.
尤其是才华洋溢前程似锦的年轻人
For such a talented, prospective youth.
尼科比先生,我们想聘请你在这儿…
Mr. Nickleby, we would like to offer youa position here…
跟我们的侄儿法兰克一起工作
working alongside our nephew, Frank.
根据刚才一起走的感觉…
Based on the feeling I had during our walk…
和你吃蛋糕的速度…
as well as by the rapiditywith which you ate that cake…
我们给你起薪一年120英镑
we’d like to begin you on a salaryof £120 a year.
不够吗?
Is it not enough?
-很快就会加薪的-不
– We won’t wait long before improving it.- No.
你们的慷慨令我惊讶
It is the generosity of it that undoes me.
家父过世后第一次…
For the first time since Father died…
发现能够快乐的感觉
I feel we may at last be in a positionto find happiness.
谢谢二位,万分感激
Thank you, both, a thousand times.
-有空见客吗?-有
– Are you at home?- Yes.
-任何人都见?-是
– To anybody?- Yes.
-税捐稽征人员?-不
– To the tax gatherer?- No.
这个呢…
What about…
这个脸走到哪我都认得
I’d know your face anywhere.
若不是被你侄子毒打会更好认
You’d know it betterif your nephew hadn’t maltreated it.
这位是谁?
Who is this?
我儿子,小瓦福
My son, little Wackford.
杜斯波伙食的好样版
Indeed a specimenof the Dotheboys’s old diet.
养尊处优下诞生的奇迹
A miracle of high feeding.
瞧他的肉,结实得很
His flesh, his firmness.
不要流泪
No tears.
油光满面
His oiliness.
很符合我的想像
I’d expect nothing less.
史奎尔太太呢,她…
And Mrs. Squeers, how is…
史奎尔太太还是老样子认识她的人都替她高兴
Mrs. Squeers is as she always is.A joy to all them as knows her.
上周有个男孩长脓疮
One of our lads had an abscess last week.
她还用小刀帮他动手术
To see her operate on him with a penknife.
你呢?被那畜生攻击后复原了没有?
And you? Have you recoveredfrom that scoundrel’s attack?
刚刚复原
Only just.
你侄儿是头猛兽
Your nephew is a vicious animal.
所以我才请你过来一趟
That is why I asked you to come.
诺格斯…
Noggs…
-看到这箱行李没有?-有,很大
– See this package?- It’s big enough.
请立刻拿开
Take it, please, at once.
“请立刻拿开”
“Take it, please, at once.”
“立刻,听到没?还不快点”
“At once, do you hear? If not sooner.”
他好像有点不正常
He may be a little mad.
我想以这个…
I wanted to offer you…
作为…
this as a recompense…
你的酬劳,虽然…
to your troubles, though…
似乎有点不妥…
it seems foolish…
如果不给那孩子一点惩罚
if the boy is unpunished.
他可能会再去找你麻烦
He might come after you again.
他一定被你惩罚了吧
Surely he’s been punished by you.
我已经跟他断绝关系
Our ties have been cut.
不知道他有没有把它当作惩罚
I’m not surethat he views that as a punishment.
另一个孩子呢?
What about the other boy?
-史麦克?-是的
– Smike?- Yes.
你说我侄子相当喜欢他
You said that my nephewwas quite attached to him.
你对他了解多少】?
What do you know of him?
只知道他大约12年前到我那里
Only that he came to us 12 or so years ago.
刚开始有付学费,后来就停止了
The money was paid at first,and then it stopped.
我基于行善留下他
But I kept the lad out of charity…
碰巧我也用得上他
which coincided with a periodof usefulness on his part.
-没有父母?-没有
– No parents then?- No.
-没有监护人?-没有
– No person with any claim on him?- No.
所以他应该是你的
So he’s yours.
现在他被偷走了
And he’s been stolen.
你没有权利要回去吗?
Would it not be well within your rightsto take him?
这样一来就跟我侄子扯平了
That would settle your scorewith my nephew.
不要用暴♥力♥伤害他…
Wounding him, not through force…
从感情上面下手
but through his own affections.
追捕逃家小孩是我的专长
Capturing wayward boysis something of a specialty.
谢谢你陪我出来办事
It’s most kind of youto join me on my errands.
卖♥♥丝带
Ribbons for sale.
-噢,天啊-怎么啦?
– Oh, dear.- What is it?
爸爸跟我说过…
Father used to tell me…
伦敦街头有女孩卖♥♥丝带
there were girls who sold ribbonson the streets in London…
他每次到这儿都会买♥♥一些给我当纪念品
and that if we ever came here,he would buy me some as a remembrance.
卖♥♥丝带
Ribbons for sale.
多少】钱?
How much, please?
粉红色的两便士其他一便士
Twopence for the pink ones.Penny for the others.
麻烦给我粉红色的
I’ll take the pink one, please.
谢谢
Thank you.
救命!
Help!
谁来救救我!
Somebody! Help!
史麦克被抓走了
It’s Smike. He’s been taken.
一定是可恶的史奎尔他去找过你伯父
It must be the wretched Squeers.He was with your uncle.
我没听清楚但他们有谈到史麦克
I didn’t hear it all,but they were speaking of Smike.
-纽曼,我们该怎么办?-他住在撒拉森旅馆
– Newman, what shall we do?- He stays at the Saracen’s Head.
看到史奎尔,但没有史麦克
Squeers, but no Smike.
是约翰布劳迪
It’s John Browdie.
布劳迪是好人坏人?
Is John Browdie good or bad?
他听说我打了史奎尔时给了我一些钱
He gave me moneywhen he heard I’d beaten Squeers.
他是个大好人
He’s very good.
这不是…
If it isn’t…
-你在这干嘛?-和蒂达来渡蜜月
– What are you doing here?- Tilda and I are on our honeymoon.
校长说这地方不错,他也住这儿
Schoolmaster says this was a fine placeto stay. He’s here as well.
我知道,记得那天晚上跟我在一起那个男孩吗?
I know. You remember the boythat was with me that night?
跛脚少】年?当然记得
Crippled lad? Of course.
我们怀疑他被史奎尔强掳走了今天的事
We suspect that Squeers has taken him,just this day, by force.
你走后,他口口声声说要报仇
He’s talked of nothing but revengesince you left.
能查出是否被他抓走吗?
Could you find out if he has him?
你猜瓦福和我逮到谁了?
Who do you suppose we’ve laidour hands on, Wackford and me?
在伦敦?不是很有敌意豆腐脑先生吗?
In London?Not that hateful, horrible Mr. Knuckleboy?
不对,但非常接近
No, but next door to him.
-史麦克?-对!
– Smike?- Aye!
我和小瓦福逮住了他!
Me and young Wackford, we grabbed him!
他哭哭啼啼求我放他走但我不肯
He was crying and begging me to let him go,but I wouldn’t.
你们怎么处置他?
What have thee done with him?
他在校长房♥间,我们隔壁
He’s in the schoolmaster’s room,next to our room.
-哪条路可以通到那房♥间?-穿过酒馆
– What is the way in?- You must go through the inn…
但是校长坐在前厅,就在楼梯旁
but the schoolmaster is sittingin the front room, just by the stairs.
哇,不可能成功
Oh, dear, it’s impossible.
我去分散校长的注意力你溜过去,上去我房♥间
I could distract the schoolmaster.Thee could slip past and go up to my room.
有道门可以通往校长房♥间
There is a dooradjoining the schoolmaster’s.
走过去,把小伙子带走
Go through it, get the lad.
我监视着楼梯,你出来的时候我再引开他的注意力
I’ll watch the stairs and again tryto distract him when thee come out.
我能不能对这计划提个意见?
May I offer an opinionwith regards to this scheme?
听起来有勇无谋,惊险万分…
It seems foolhardy, redolent of danger…
注定失败,此外,我找不到缺点
and doomed to failure.Otherwise, I can find no fault with it.
这是为史麦克尽力
It is for Smike.
校长,能不能劳驾您坐过去一点?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!