那怪物毒打一位瘸腿少】年!
The monster was beating a crippled boy!
你选择保护那位少】年?
You choose to restore that boy?
这不是等于问我该保护羊还是大恶狼
No more than I would restorea lamb to a wolf.
那你就不用来求我帮你了
Then your appearance hereto beg my help is in vain.
你搞错我来此的目的了
You mistake the point of this conference.
不了解你之前我们不了解何谓羞耻
We knew no shame until we knew you…
我们所忍♥受的种种羞辱…
and the degradations we have endured…
不管是在杜斯波学堂还是在黑漆漆的剧院包厢里
whether at Dotheboys Hallor in the dark box of a theatre…
归根究底都是你在作怪
all trace their poisoned roots to you.
我们来的时候你就满心不情愿
You did not want us when we came…
向一位不愿伸出援手的人求助我觉得是可耻的事
and it shamed me to seek helpfrom someone unwilling to give it.
不幸我们有血缘关系这是我现在唯一可耻的事
Now our only shame is the bloodwhich binds our name to yours.
所以,现在你弟弟的寡妇和她的子女与你正式断绝关系!
Therefore, your brother’s widowand her children renounce you!
希望你这辈子的回忆在你临终时对你投下恐怖的黑影
May every recollection of your life casta terrifying darkness over your deathbed.
我不知道那个时刻多久会到来
How soon that day may come,I cannot know.
但我知道,在我们心中你已经死了
But I do know that in our life,you live no more.
我弃绝他们
I disown him.
我愿意出钱请人刺杀他…
I would give good moneyto have him stabbed…
然后丢进兽栏去喂狗
and rolled into the kennelsfor the dogs to devour.
我同意
As would I.
我相信他怕我报复已经逃离伦敦了
But I am sure he’s left Londonin fear of my retribution.
哦,事实上他没逃
Oh, indeed, sir, he has not.
刚刚我还在城里见到他…
I saw him just now in the city…
吹嘘他怎么打败你
boasting of his triumphal attack over you.
我不相信
I don’t believe it.
你昨晚也在场,维里索特爵士我打赌你相信
You were there last night, Lord Verisopht.I wager you could believe it.
我跟你说我相信什么
I’ll tell you what I believe.
我相信你只能怪自己,豪克
I believe you haveonly yourself to blame, Hawk.
什么?
What?
当他问的时候为什么你不告诉他你是谁
If you had only told him who you were,as he asked.
我没有出面干涉,我也有错
I was wrong, too, not to interfere.
我想了一晚,整夜没睡
I did not sleep the night, thinking about it.
所有的错都是那个年轻人造成的
Whatever mistakes were made,were made by the boy.
我是他伯父连我都看出他是个坏东西
I am his uncle,and even I can see that he is no good.
他是在维护他妹妹的名节
He was defending the honor of his sister.
这正是善良的定义
That is the very definition of goodness.
他是在保护你的姪女你应该以他为荣
How can you not be proud of whathe’s done in defense of your own niece?
爵爷,你应该感到高兴,我以…
You will be glad, my Lord, that I possess…
同样冷静的眼光在处理你的投资
such an unsentimental viewwhen I am managing your investments.
尼科比先生,我不确定我的投资将继续交给你
Mr. Nickleby, I am no longer sureI can make an investment with you.
-因为我侄子?-因为你对待他的方式!
– Because of my nephew?- Because of your treatment of him!
以及他妹妹!
And his sister!
一想起那晚她离开剧院的样子…
When I think of her leavingthe theater that night…
我就觉得反胃
I feel sick to recall it.
我宁可用其他方法扩增我的财产…
Surely there is another way for meto expand my fortune…
也不愿意助纣为虐…
than to enrich the tormentor…
凌虐这些小孩
of these children.
从你的眼神里,我知道你记得我
I see, from your eyes, you remember me.
如果你看到我今天沦落至此而没有怜悯之心…
If the change you see in me,from so long ago, does not move you…
没有
It does not.
请你把我当作一个贫困无助的孩子
…then let the knowledge that I amas helpless and destitute as a child.
-每个人都可以自食其力-怎么做?
– Any man can earn his bread.- How?
可以教我几个方法吗?
Would you show me the means?
我曾经教过你
I did, once.
没有第二次
Not again.
我们的争执已经是20年又5个月前的事了
It’s 20 years and 5 monthssince you and I fell out.
你还记得原因吗?
Do you remember the cause?
你妄想我企业利润的一部份…
You claimed part of the profitsof some of my business…
宣称那是你带给我的业绩我拒绝你之后…
alleging that you had brought it to me.When I refused you…
你威协我要揭发…你说那叫什么来着?
you threatened to reveal some…What was it you said?
趁你不备可获取的利润
Hold I’d gained over you in your absence.
我怀疑你偷看我的档案
Rifling through my files, I suspect.
所以我以欠债不还之名先下手为强,让你入狱
So I had you arrestedfor an advance you had not repaid.
我只欠你30英镑
£30. That’s all I owed you.
实际上不只
Indeed, it was more.
还得加上利息
There was the interest.
七年来我受尽千辛万苦
Seven years I have been gone,under the most crushing conditions…
终于又回到你身边再度提出我的要求…
to return as you see me now,ready to renew my offer…
而且条件比当年更容易接受
but on terms much easier for youthan before.
你需要这个情报我只想求得温饱
You will want this information.I want only to eat and drink.
仅此而已?
Is that all?
是不是如此而已,操在你的手中
It depends on you whether that’s all or not.
你在威协我现在要张扬…
Are you threatening now to tell others…
当年你是我职员时获知的情报?
of whatever you learnedwhen you were my clerk?
坦白说,布鲁克先生…
To be plain with you, Mr. Brooker…
全世界都已经知道我是什么样的人了
the world already knowswhat sort of man I am…
我没有因此变穷
and I do not grow poorer.
-黑衣服不怕人抹黑-我不是这个意思
– You cannot stain a black coat.- That’s not what I meant.
你的家人对你重要吗?如果是…
Are those of your own name dear to you?If they are…
不重要
They are not.
-可是…-不必可是
– But…- But nothing.
如果你再来找我…
If we meet again…
即使是来摇尾乞怜…
and you so much as notice mewith one begging gesture…
我会叫你再回去吃牢饭
you shall see the inside of a jail once more.
这就是我对你这番废话的回答
That is my answer to your trash.
妈妈…
Mother…
这位是史麦克
this is Smike.
-你好,派克先生-不,妈,是“史麦克”有个“史”
– How do you do, Mr. Pike?- No, Mother, “Smike,” with an “S.”
-你好-谢谢你,史派克先生
– How do you do?- Very well, thank you, Mr. Spike.
这位是房♥东太太,拉奎薇小姐
And this is our landlady, Miss Lacreevy.
她是位画家墙上贴的都是她的作品
She is the artistwhose work fills these walls.
希望可以为你画张素描
I do hope you will let me makea miniature of you.
凯特,他是我忠心的朋友以及旅途上的伴侣
Kate, this is my faithful friendand fellow traveler.
我等不及…
I have been so eager…
想向你道谢你是尼可拉斯最大的慰藉
to thank youfor being such a comfort to Nicholas.
他是我唯一的朋友
He is my only friend.
我愿意牺牲性命帮助他
I would lay down my life to help him.
敬我们新的开始
To a new beginning.
-敬新模特儿-敬终结坏蛋
– To new subjects.- To an end of villains.
预祝我找到好工作
To finding proper work as soon as I can.
-也敬新家庭成员-干杯,干杯
– And to our extended family.- Hear, hear.
我们的家
Our family.
3便士
-猪肉派吗,先生?-不,谢谢
– Pork pie, mister?- No, thank you.
你还好吧?
Are you well?
爱德华葛罗职业介绍所
你还好吧?
Are you well?
爱德华葛罗职业介绍所
是的,我…
爱德华葛罗职业介绍所
Yes, I…
爱德华葛罗职业介绍所
只是累了
Only weary.
你好苍白,又好久不动
You look so pale and were still so long.
对不起
Forgive me.
这里有好多工作机会
There are many opportunities here.
像你这种一表人才的绅士不会需要找工作吧?
Surely a fine-looking gentlemanis not reduced to such a necessity?
我并不比你光鲜啊,先生
I look no finer than you, sir.
没错,但我是来找工人的不是找工作
Yes, but I seek a worker, not work.
为什么穿着丧服?
How did this come about?
为谁服丧?
Who’s it for?
我父亲
My father.
年轻人失去父亲很可怜
It’s a bad thing for a young manto lose a father.
他活着的时候我感觉自己比较像小孩
I feel more of a childthan when he was alive.
所以不得不拒绝伯父的庇护…
And so I am obligedto throw off my uncle’s protection…
独力照顾家母、凯特和史麦克
and take care of mother,Kate, and Smike myself.
-但越来越走投无路-不要再说了
– But I grow desperate.- Now, don’t say another word.
孩子
My boy.
先生,可否麻烦在这里稍等?
My good sir,would you be so good as to wait here?
-奈德兄弟?-什么事,查尔斯兄弟?
– Brother Ned?- Yes, brother Charles?
我找到人选了我们应该问问他有什么意见
I’ve found someone for the position. Weshould make inquiries into his statements.
如果没有问题,希望没有我们应该雇用他
If confirmed, I’m hopeful they will be,we should assist him.
只要你认为我们应该雇用他我们就雇用他
It’s enough for me that if you say he shouldbe assisted, then we shall assist him.
他有母亲、妹妹和一个朋友,靠他过日子…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!