而且出自你朋友之手
and by your friends.
什么意思?我没有朋友
What can you mean? I have no friends.
如果他们不是你朋友,你更可耻竟然将我丢给他们
If they are not your friends, then moreshame on you for bringing me among them.
看得出来你跟你哥哥有点像
I see you havesome of the boy’s blood in you.
我希望如此
I hope I have.
我感到很骄傲
I should be proud.
在这里发生的事你亲眼目睹
You know what happened under this roof.
昨晚更变本加历
Last night was far worse.
你对这些人有影响力
You have influence with these men.
只要你一句话,他们就不敢造次
One word from you would inducethem to desist.
何必在乎一个老头偶而对你轻声说几句轻薄话?
What of it if an old man whispersinanities in your ear on Monday?
或者一点突如其来的怪念头?
Some other noveltywill spring up on Tuesday.
而且,你应该面对现实
In the meantime, you must be practical.
资助你和你母亲的钱…
The money that allows meto help you and your mother…
有一部份是来自这些男人
in some portion comes from these men.
伯父…
Uncle…
你对我们的帮助,我很感激
I am gratefulfor all that you have done for us…
但请你不要搞错
but do not mistake me.
我不是玩具
I am not a toy.
我必须活得有尊严
I will live with dignity.
如果非得…
If that means…
我们母女自力更生…
that I must set up my motherand myself on our own…
才能躲过你那些朋友…
and hide myself from your friends…
我不会犹豫的
I will do so…
即使你不帮我们,上帝也会帮
knowing God will help us,even if you will not.
如果那个男孩淹死或死在海上…
If the boy drowns, or is lost at sea…
这些产业将成为她的
this house could be hers.
看来可能性相当高
How pretty she would make it.
亲爱的女孩,来,给你
Dear girl, here. Take this.
我没有哭
But I am not crying.
手帕我自己用,手臂借你
The handkerchief’s for me.The arm’s for you.
听你威武不能屈的慷慨陈词…
To hear you speak so bravelyand not give way before him…
我的仰慕之情油然而生你哥哥会为你感到骄傲
My admiration moves me to this.Your brother, he’d be so proud.
是的,没错,想哭就哭吧
That’s right, yes. Give way now.
诺格斯!
Noggs!
你并不孤单,我会去看你另外还有一个人
You’re not alone. I’ll see you soon.And so shall someone else.
愿上帝保佑你
God bless you.
再练一次,“喂,卖♥♥药的?”
Again. “What ho! Apothecary!”
没有用,我记不起来
It’s no use. I can’t remember it.
史麦克,不试试看才是失败
Smike, you can only fail by not trying.
“谁在大喊大叫?”
“Who calls so loud?”
克先生不让我发挥苏格兰舞真是一个罪过
It is a crime that Mr. C has not found a spotfor my Highland Fling.
《罗密欧与茱丽叶》少】了它失色不少】
Romeo and Julietwill not be the same without it.
“谁在大喊大叫?”
“Who calls so loud?”
-我可以跳给你看吗?-请
– May I tempt you with a humble offering?- Please.
舞台灯光亮了!观众引领企盼!
The lamps are lit! Your public awaits!
把自己的身体当成乐器…
Let us use our bodies like instruments…
颤动它,直到流泄出音乐!
and quiver together until music comes out!
你会演得很精彩,放轻松
You will be wonderful. Just relax.
放轻松
Relax.
“谁在大喊大叫?”
“Who calls so loud?”
如果有人需要毒药…
If a man did need a poison…
这里有个可怜人会卖♥♥给他
here lives a caitiff wretchwho would sell it to him.
喂,卖♥♥药的!
What ho! Apothecary!
喂?
What ho?
谁在大吼大叫?
Who calls so loud?
很好
Well done.
尼科比先生?
Mr. Nickleby?
-刚送来的-谢谢
– This just came.- Thank you.
如果是同业来挖角…
If it is an offer from a competing company…
我希望你以应有的尊重处理它…
I hope you honor itwith the respect it deserves…
丢掉
none.
纽曼说凯特有危险
Newman says Kate is in some sort of peril.
他说我们应该立刻赶去伦敦
He says we must come to London at once.
你要走?正当你如日中天的节骨眼?
You leave us?At the very moment of your triumph?
-非走不可,这是家庭危机-那是很受欢迎的剧码
– I must, sir. It is a family drama.- Those are always popular.
我们会想念你,尼可拉斯
We shall miss you, Nicholas.
好吧,明早我们会贴出海报…
Very well, we’ll have postersout in the morning…
宣布明天将是你的最后一场演出
announcing positivelyyour last performance for tomorrow.
然后因观众要求周五再加演一场
Then re-engagementby popular demand for Friday.
然后,绝对最后一场…
And then, one absolutelylast-time-ever appearance…
独家公演,在星期六举♥行♥…
on any stage, Saturday…
之后可能还会追加一场
with the possibilityof a second show to follow.
在我遭遇困难时没有人对我的帮助比你更大
No man has been more helpfulto me in my time of trouble than you…
但我必须说今晚绝对、保证…
but I must say that tonightwas my absolutely, positively…
是我的最后一场
final last performance.
因为发生了紧急家庭危机我必须即刻前往处理…
There is an urgent family crisis.I must be no less quick in responding to it…
就像万一天才儿童遭遇危险你的反应也会一样
than you would be if the Infant Phenomenonherself were in danger.
我只能有一种反应
There is only one response to that.
再会,我高贵、勇敢的年轻人
Farewell, my noble, lion-hearted boy.
-我们永远不会忘记你-我们也不会
– We shall never forget you.- Nor we you.
你有话要说吗,孩子?
And have you anything to say, my boy?
谁在大喊大叫?
Who calls so loud?
-再见,谢谢-再会,亲爱的朋友
– Goodbye. Thank you.- Farewell, dear friends.
各位先生女士…
Ladies and gentlemen…
如果你觉得这场道别很感人…
if you found these goodbyes affecting…
你一定会喜欢我们的《罗密欧与茱丽叶》
you will love our productionof Romeo and Juliet…
奇妙的改由意大利演员担纲…
miraculously recastwith that great Italian actor…
他的名字将只对…
whose name shall be revealed…
购票入场者宣布
only to ticket buyersat tonight’s performance…
他尚且承诺基于尊重本地人的品味…
but who promises,in honor of the local tastes…
今晚的故事将巧妙的加入…
to deftly insert into tonight’s story…
苏格兰舞
the Highland Fling.
诺格斯先生在里头?
Mr. Noggs is in here?
他叫我们在这里等他
He said for us to wait for him here.
要我帮你准备点食物吗?
Shall I get you something to eat?
-纽曼可能还要一会儿才到-好,麻烦你
– It may be some time before Newman arrives.- Yes, please.
还比不上小凯特尼科比!
Not as much as little Kate Nickleby!
再说一次她在尼科比包厢说的话
Tell us again what she saidin Nickleby’s box.
她说她希望她哥哥在场
She said she wishedher brother were there…
他的怒气会让我难以忘记!
as he would be in a passionthat I would not soon forget!
她不是还说: 如果你再逼我…
Didn’t she also say something about,”If you press yourself further…
“我将失去任何追求美满婚姻的机会”?
“I shall lose every hopeof a loving and decent marriage”?
这未免太夸张了
I thought that was a bit much.
我有话跟你说,先生
A word with you, sir.
能不能借一步说话?
Will you step apart with me?
你没报上名字和说出意图我们有什么好借一步说话?
I see no reason to step in any directionuntil you state your name and business, sir.
我名叫尼可拉斯尼科比尼科比小姐的哥哥
My name is Nicholas Nickleby.Miss Nickleby’s brother.
我谴责你这个骗子我怀疑你是个懦夫
I denounce you as a liarand impeach you as a coward.
-报上你的名字-当然不
– You will tell me your name.- Certainly not.
如果在场哪位还算是绅士…
If there is a gentleman in this party…
请告诉我这个人的名字和住址
he will acquaint me with the nameand residence of this man.
哪个人回答我!
Someone answer me!
我妹妹的名声面临污损!
My sister’s good name is at stake!
这只狗纠缠不休
This dog is bothering me.
我是一位绅士之子…
I am the son of a country gentleman…
出身与教育程度跟你相当
your equal in education and birth…
其他方面我相信还胜过你
and your superior, I trust,in everything besides.
我以我们父子之名要求你为你的行为负起责任
It is as much in his name as it is in my own,that I demand you answer for your conduct.
这就是我的回答,先生
Here is my answer, sir.
两位,请冷静
Now, gentlemen.
不要!
No!
敢再靠近我妹妹…
Come near my sister again…
我可不会再心软
and I shall not be so forgiving.
交易所现在开♥盘♥
The Exchange is now open for business.
我已经了解了你的为人
You are known to me now…
我的怀疑不幸都获得了证实
every suspicion viciously confirmed.
我对你也一样
And you to me.
我?我做错了什么?
I? What wrong have I done?
你没有袭击那位校长吗?
Did you not attack the schoolmaster?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!