不必费吹灰之力
It’s a minute’s work.
抬起眼睛告诉我你不希望我向你求爱
Just lift your eyes and tell me thatyou’re not hoping I would make love to you.
把钱准备好,各位
Get your money ready, gentlemen.
她不肯说因为她希望我向她求爱
She’s not going to say it,because she wants me to make love to her.
你说得出口吗?
Can you, girl?
你说得出你不希望我向你求爱吗?
Can you say that you don’t wish meto make love to you?
不要哭,亲爱的
Hush, my dear.
别管它了
Don’t mind it, now.
那就让我走
Then let me go.
让我离开这里
Let me leave this place.
你得先擦干眼泪
You must dry your eyes first.
头抬起来
Let me raise your head.
对了
There.
伯父…
Uncle…
我做错什么,让你这样对待我?
what have I donethat you should subject me to this?
我没料到会是这个样子
I didn’t know it would be so.
你记不记得你是怎么到史奎尔那里的?
Can you rememberwhen you first came to Mr. Squeers’?
你不可能是自己去的吧?
Surely you did notfind your way there alone?
不可能
I could not have.
一个又瘦又小的人带我去的
I was brought by a small, withered man.
我很怕他
I was afraid of him.
可是后来我更怕他们
But then they made me more afraid of them.
非常好,好极了
Tremendous. Positively tremendous.
继续练,观众一定会大声叫好!
That’ll be a double encoreif you take care, boys!
你们不同意吗?难道他们不令人兴奋吗?
Don’t you concur?Was that not the very picture of excitement?
的确非常棒
It was very good.
-可是…-可是什么?
– Although…- Although?
如果身材相近会更好
They might be better matchedin terms of size.
如果不是以小击大…
How are you to get up the sympathiesof the audience…
怎么能让观众热血沸腾?
if there isn’t a little mancontending against a bigger one?
我承认我没想到这一点
I confess, I had not considered that.
我们走了一整天路,却没有…
We have had a long day’s walkwithout much…
却没有什么?
Without much?
吃东西
Food.
哎呀
Dear me.
跟文森克兰莫在一起怎么可以…
Let it never be saidthat any man went hungry here or here…
让这里和这里挨饿
when he was with Vincent Crummles.
孩子们,立刻摆桌!
Boys, set the table at once!
我们马上开饭
We shall adjourn to the dining room.
我朋友和我打算在船上找个地方棲身
My friend and Ishall try for a berth on a ship.
凭你的身材和条件难道对其他职业都没兴趣?
Does no other profession suggest itselfto a young man of your figure and bearing?
-我认为海上有很多机会…-舞台工作怎么样?
– I think the sea offers a great many…- What about the stage?
-舞台?-剧场工作!
– The stage?- The theatrical profession!
我自己从事的就是剧场工作我太太从事剧场工作
I am in the theatrical profession myself.My wife is in the theatrical profession.
我的孩子也从事剧场工作
My children are in the theatrical profession.
我的狗一辈子都在演戏
I had a dog that lived and died in it…
那匹拉车的马已经是第三代了
and the pony that pulled us here todayis third generation.
他妈妈能够发射手♥枪♥…
His mother could fire a pistol…
睡觉还得戴睡帽
and get in bed wearing a nightcap.
可是…
But…
这个家族有个悲剧
there is tragedy in the family.
-马的家族?-对
– In the pony’s family?- Yes.
他父亲酗酒
The father drank.
最后沦落到马戏团…
Ended up in the circus…
成天跟小丑们喝波特酒
drinking port wine with the clowns.
越喝越凶,戒不掉…
Got greedy, couldn’t quit…
最后被酒瓶噎死
and choked on the bottle.
无论如何我很乐意帮你和你朋友一把
At any rate, I’d loveto bring you and your friend out.
他的脸部表情令人动容!
He has a capital countenance!
他这个样子…
Why, as he is now…
非常适合演《罗密欧与茱丽叶》里的药贩
he would make such an apothecaryin Romeo and Juliet…
当他的脸探出帘幕时…
that he would be certainof three rounds of applause…
保证观众给他三回合掌声!
the minute he put his faceout of the practicable door!
-而你呢!-我?
– And you!- Me?
-你是天生的演员!-不,先生,我认为…
– You were born for the lamps!- No, sir, I think…
你的功用不下一百种你可以写剧本!
You could be useful in a hundred ways.You could write plays!
我是偶而可以写点东西
I dare say, I could scribble something,now and then.
不管你写什么,请把一个唧筒和两个盆子写进去
Whatever you write, please include a pumpand two washing tubs.
我刚在一个拍卖♥♥场买♥♥了它们
I just bought them at a sale.
我可以靠这行过活吗?
Could I live by such a trade?
富裕得像个王子!你加上你朋友的薪水…
Like a prince!With your own salary, and your friend’s…
还有你的创作一个星期可以赚1英镑!
and your writing, you could make £1 a week!
票房♥好的话,收入加倍
With a good run of houses, double that.
我非常高兴的接受!
Then I accept, and happily!
起来,年轻人
Arise, young man.
你已经蜕化了!
You’ve been transformed!
睡觉的时候是个可怜虫…
You went to sleep a wretch…
醒来时变成了一位演员!
you awake an actor!
-克太太,可以跟你说句话吗?-怎么啦,佛莱尔先生?
– Mrs. C, could I have a word?- What is it now, Mr. Folair?
关于我的吼叫声
About my roar.
你可以有两种选择,刺耳的…
There are two options available to you.A rugged…
亲爱的
My dear.
我又发现新星了
I’ve made another discovery.
尼科比和史麦克先生为你们介绍,克兰莫太太
Messieurs Nickleby and Smike,may I present Mrs. Crummles.
欢迎加入我们的演艺世家!
Welcome to our family of players!
我们正要排演这出戏的大高♥潮♥
We were just about to rehearsethe climax of our drama.
愿意一起观赏…
Will you watch with us…
一同感受吗?
and feel with us?
各位先生女士,请就位
Ladies and gentlemen, places, please.
我先警告你佛莱尔今天状况极差!
I must warn you,Folair has been hopeless today!
将恐怖的感觉演出来但是也不要失去趣味!
Play the terror, but don’t lose the joy!
活板门!
Your trap!
佛莱尔先生,活板门关起来!
Mr. Folair, shut your trap!
你的矛忘了
Somebody forgot his spear.
火焰!别忘了它很烫!
The flames! And remember, they’re hot!
哇,好逼真!
Oh, dear, it’s almost too real!
佛莱尔先生,请记得你是野人…
Remember, Mr. Folair, you are a savage…
不是发疯的精灵!
not a demented fairy!
不要忘了夸张的戏剧性!
Don’t lose your theatricality!
宁宁塔,花换到另一只手好吗?
Ninetta, dear, would you movethat flower to your other hand?
佛莱尔先生,你的头有点问题!
Mr. Folair, there’s a problem with your head!
非常好!
Perfect!
精彩!
Bravo!
极为动人!
Thrilling in the extreme!
两位…
Gentlemen…
这位是宁宁塔克兰莫小姐
this is Miss Ninetta Crummles…
天才童星
the Infant Phenomenon.
她多大年纪?
How old is she?
她10岁,先生
She is 10 years of age, sir.
不只吧?
Not more?
一天都不多
Not a day.
-亲爱的?-什么事?
– My dear?- Yes?
这就是我跟你说过的发生在这所谓的…
It is of the utmost that I speak to youabout a great struggle…
剧场之外,最关键的冲突
which is taking place outsidethis mortal temple we call the theater.
远古以来不变的冲突…
The contestants arethose aged combatants…
艺术…
art…
与商业价值
and commerce.
艺术,如果透过票房♥来检验…
And art, it would appear from the receipts…
总是面临重大的威协
is in its usual position of jeopardy.
我俩可以说句话吗?
Might you and I have a word, à deux?
抱歉
Excusez-moi.
“天才儿童!”“冒牌儿童”还比较贴切!
“Infant Phenomenon!””Infant humbug” is more to the point!
过去8年来她一直都是10岁!
She has been 10 for the past 8 years!
他们喂她喝姜汤阻碍发育
They keep her on a diet of gin and waterto hold back her growth.
-不会吧!-我跟你说,事实如此!
– You don’t say!- I do say, sir. I do!
那个动作夸张的笨蛋妨碍了我们的专业表演
That hammy sprawler keeps the rest of usfrom doing our specialties.
我的专长是苏格兰舞
Mine is the Highland Fling.
你想看吗?
Would you like to see it?

Please.
各位先生女士…
Ladies and gentlemen…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!