When I say “one,” you may take a drink.
我说“2号♥”时你隔壁那位喝一口…
When I say “number two,”the boy next to you may take it…
以下类推,一直轮到第五个男孩
and so on, till all five boyshave been nourished.
要喝快点马车一鸣笛我们就出发
But work fast.We leave when the coach horn blows.
1号♥
Number one.
2号♥
Number two.
3号♥
Number three.
4号♥
Number four.
5号♥
Number five.
出去啦
Out you go.
降低食欲才能克服人性
Subdue your appetites,and you’ve conquered human nature.
往约克夏马车五分钟后出发!
Yorkshire coach leaves in five minutes!
在马车旁排成一列等着
Wait by the coach in a straight line.
史奎尔这位就是我跟你提过的侄儿
Squeers, this is the boy I told you about.My nephew.
非常感激有机会为你效劳,先生
I am most grateful for the opportunityto serve, sir.
-史奎尔先生-雪格太太
– Mr. Squeers.- Mrs. Shaygar.
可以麻烦你交给亨利吗?星期二是他的生日
Could you give those to Henry?Tuesday is his birthday.
非常乐意,孩子的快乐是我们最关心的事
Delighted, my dear.The boy’s happiness is our prime concern.
三个进去,两个小的站后面
Three inside, two little ones up top.
到后面去,掉一个小孩一年就损失20英镑
Get up behind. If a boy drops off the back,that’s £20 a year lost.
他如果是校长那会是什么样的学校?
If he is the schoolmaster,what kind of school can it be?
我怎么知道
I hardly know.
祝福你们两位
Bless you both.
再见
Goodbye.
有一天我们会在一个屋檐下重聚
Someday, we will once againshare the protection of the same roof…
找回今天失去的幸福
and revive the happiness denied to us now.
我保证
I promise.
年轻人
Young man.
原谅我,我了解这个世界
Forgive me. I know the world.
你父亲不了解…
Your father didn’t…
不然不会不求回报的善待我
or he wouldn’t have done me a kindnesswithout hope of a return.
你就不会也不必踏上这种旅程
You don’t, or you wouldn’t be boundon such a journey.
如果你在伦敦需要协助或住所…
If ever you should need helpor shelter in London…
噢,从没料到有这一天
Oh, dear. I once thought I never should.
他们知道我住在哪里在黄金广场皇冠标志那儿
They know where I live,at the Sign of the Crown in Golden Square.
你可以晚上来
You can come at night.
-我们不必觉得羞耻-羞耻?
– Once, nobody was ashamed.- Ashamed?
你去哪,尼科比?上车
Where are you, Nickleby? Up.
如果到伯纳城♥堡♥附近国王头的麦酒不错
If you should go near Barnard Castle,there’s good ale at the King’s Head.
报出我的名字他们不会向你收钱
Say you know me,and I’m sure they won’t charge you for it.
还有…
And…
在那里可以称呼我“诺格斯先生”…
you may say “Mr. Noggs” there…
因为那时候我是位绅士
for I was a gentleman then.
曾经是
I was.
-走吧-再见,尼可拉斯
– Walk on.- Goodbye, Nicholas.
喔!
Whoa!
史麦克!
Smike!
杜斯波
这就是杜斯波会堂?
Is this Dotheboys Hall?
在这里不用说会堂
No need to call it a hall up here.
在伦敦时这样说听起来比较高尚
We call it that in London,because it sounds better.
快点,小子!
Hurry, lad!
你死到哪儿去了?
Where the devil were you?
拜托,先生…
Please, sir…
我在火炉边睡着了
I fell asleep over the fire.
太太说我可以进去取暖一下
Missus said I might go in there for a warm.
没用的东西,冷精神才会好
You’d have been a deuced dealmore wakeful out in the cold.
我的史奎尔回来啦?
Is that my Squeery?
我那只失明眼睛的罪过…
The crime of my dead eye, my love…
就是不能用两眼凝视你
is that I can’t see you twice.
-小猪好吗?-跟你离开时一样
– How’s the pig?- Just as you left her.
男孩们呢?
And the boys?
小布雷斯威发烧了
Young Braithwaite’s had a fever.
今年第三次
Third time this year.
病魔缠身,我们该把病魔打出来
I say it’s obstinacy,and we beat it out of him.
你治病的速度最迅速了
No one can cure an illnessquicker than you, my love.
这位是新来的,尼科比先生
This is the new man, Mr. Nickleby.
-肚子不饿吧-我饿了
– I hope you’re not hungry.- I am.
你当然饿了
Of course you are.
我为你准备了热腾腾的燉肉
I’ve got a nice hot stewfor you here, Squeery.
桌上有面包
And there’s bread on the table.
我帮孩子们带了信回来明早念给他们听
I brought the letters to the boys,I’ll read them in the morning.
-我得先用硫磺压抑他们的食欲-当然
– I’m doing the brimstone first.- Of course you are.
里头有好吃的肉,史奎尔会让你身子暖起来
Grand piece of meat in that, Squeery.Put the heat back in you.
对,没错
Aye, it will.
-这趟旅程好走吗?-可怕极了
– How was your journey, my pet?- Dreadful.
-累吗?-酷刑
– Was it perishing?- Torture.
干嘛?
What?
你有…
Have you…
有人…
Did anybody…
有任何给我的…
Has nothing been heard…
消息吗?
about me?
一个字都没有,永远不会有
Not a word, and never will we.
你该心存感激你待在这里那么多年…
But count your blessings.You’ve been here all these years…
第六年以后没付过一毛钱
and not a penny paid after the first six.
没有人要你了,我还给你饭吃
No clue as to who you belong to,and still I feed you.
纯粹是乐善好施
That’s cause for joy.
说到乐善好施
And here’s more cause for joy.
小瓦福
Little Wackford.
爸爸!
Father!
看爸爸给你买♥♥了什么呀
Look what your pa brought you.
亲爱的凯特…
“Dear Kate…
来到这里的第一个早晨发现水泵结冰了
“My first morning here began with the newsthat the pump had frozen…
“但很快很多事情让我分心了”
“but events soon distracted me. ”
-史麦克!-你在找什么?
– Smike!- Who are you after?
今天早上该喂硫磺但是汤匙不见了
It’s brimstone morning,and I can’t find the school spoon.
我们偶而帮孩子净化血液,尼科比
We purify the boys’ bloodnow and then, Nickleby.
净化个屁!
Purify, fiddlesticks!
我们给孩子吃硫磺加蜜糖豆腐脑先生…
We give the boys brimstone and treacle,Mr. Knuckleboy…
不这样做,他们老是生病
because if we didn’t,they’d always be ailing.
食欲消失了三餐饭钱可以省一点
It spoils their appetites and comes cheaperthan breakfast and dinner.
可以说对他们和对我们都有好处
You might say it does them goodand us good at the same time.
史麦克!
Smike!
-汤匙上哪去了?-在那里,夫人
– Where’s the school spoon?- Please, ma’am.
在那里
Please.
不可以让女主人出丑
Don’t contradict your mistress.
吃下去
Take it.
吃下去,感谢我
Take it. Be thankful.
真是珍贵的女人打着灯笼没处找
A most invaluable woman that.I don’t know her equal.
没错
Nor I.
-不要,拜托!-吃下去
– No, please!- Take it.
还得感谢我
And thank me for it.
她对待孩子的方式…
She does things for them boys…
我相信半数以上母亲比不上
that I don’t believe half the mothers goingwould do for their own sons.
-我相信是比不上,先生-没得比
– I should think they would not, sir.- No.
史奎尔先生从伦敦回来是件大事…
“Mr. Squeers’ return from Londonis a great event…
“因为他为孩子们带来家里的消息”
“as he brings the boys news from home. ”
波德,过来
Bolder, come here.
没有信
No letters.
但我在伦敦见过你父亲
But I saw your father in London.
他还欠我2镑10先令
He was £2.10 short in his payments.
1…
One…
2,3…
two, three…
-4…-5,6
– Four…- Five, six.
好消息是你可以留下来史麦克,把他带出去
But the good news is, we’ll keep you on.Smike, take him out.
柯比有信,起立
Letter for Cobbey. Stand up.
你祖母死了
Your grandmother’s dead.
你叔叔开始酗酒
Your uncle’s took to drink.
这就是你姐姐写的信另外还有八便士…
That’s all the news your sister sends,except for eight pence…
正好可以赔你上周打破的玻璃窗
which will just cover the square of glassyou broke last week.
“结束之后,开始上课”
“After this, classes began. ”

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!