He is too proud.
我也很骄傲的…
I am proud, too…
认识一个…
to know someone…
这么好的人
so good.
梅德琳,快来,你父亲出事了
Madeline, come at once. It’s your father.
我拍他,他还是一动都不动
He wouldn’t stir, even after I tapped him.

Come.
我们离开这里
Let us leave this place.
我诅咒你
My curse upon you.
我恶毒、致命的诅咒你,孩子
My bitter, deadly curse upon you, boy.
你的诅咒伤不了我
Your curse has no power over me.
你虚耗一生建立起来的财势…
The structures you raisedall through your misspent life…
即将化为尘土
are crumbling into dust.
就在今天…
This very day…
一瞬间,你已经损失了1万英镑…
£10,000 of your hoarded wealth are gone…
不义之财
in one great crash.
-你怎么知道这种事?-错不了,你马上就会知道
– How could you know such a thing?- It is true, and you shall find it so.
你的好日子快过完了
Your day is done.
黑暗即将紧紧攫住你
Night is coming fast for you.
1万英镑?是真的吗?
£10,000? Can that be true?
我的确投资了这个金额
I’ve invested such a sum…
我正等待…
and I am waiting…
消息传来
for news of it.
但他不可能知道此事
But he could not know that.
如果他说的赔钱的事是真的…
If he is right that you have lost the money…
再加上布瑞欠你的钱我的投资不能交给你了
and the money that Bray owed you,you shall not have my money now.
他是…
He is…
胡说八道
not right.
父亲过世那一天,我的生活像崩塌的木造的房♥子一样
My life collapsed like a house of sticksthe day my father died.
我紧紧的攀住妈妈和妹妹后来又多了史麦克和诺格斯
I clung to my mother and sister,then Smike and Noggs…
盼望着、等待着不知的未来
hoping, waiting for I knew not what.
未来依然不知直到有一天我睁开眼睛…
I knew not what,until that day when I opened my eyes…
发现黑暗被你的面容所取代
and the darknesswas replaced with the sight of your face.
在我还不知你存在之前花了一辈子在冥冥之中
It was the island towards whichI’d been sailing, unguided, my whole life…
一直航向这个岛屿这个我父亲承诺的梦想之地
the dream my father had promised mebefore I could even imagine its existence.
他死后,我曾有快乐时光转瞬即逝的时光
I have been happy for times,little times, since he died…
但从未有祥和的感觉
but never at peace.
直到我看着你的脸…
Not until I looked at your face…
看见它背后形成一个有次序的宇宙
and saw the universe in order behind it.
尼可拉斯…
Nicholas…
我想你了解没有快乐的滋味
I feel you know what it’s liketo be without happiness…
但你知不知道害怕快乐的滋味?
but do you know what it’s liketo be afraid of it?
面对这弃满恶意…
To see the world…
的世界,看起来明明是好的东西你却不能享受它的乐趣…
as so conniving, you cannot take pleasurein the appearance of something good…
因为你怀疑…
because you suspect…
这是粉饰上去的假象背后躲藏着其他忧虑
it is only a painted dropbehind which other troubles lie.
这就是我的生活
That has been my life.
每件好事都是个陷阱
Every good thing has been a trick.
直到你出现
Until you.
但我害怕牵你的手
Yet I am afraid to take your hand.
万一你不能或不愿意…
What if you cannot or will not…
拯救我怎么办?
save me?
我可以忍♥受贪婪者或弱者亏待我
I can bear to be maltreatedby the greedy or the weak…
但若是一位天使…
but to be let down…
-也教我失望…-我不是天使
– By an angel…- I am not an angel.
我跟很多人一样离那崇高之地远得很
I live as far from that lofty perch as any man.
光是我的脾气,我的欠缺耐心…
My temper alone, my impatience…
我最好不要供出我所有缺点万一我太有说服力
Perhaps I should not list all my faults,in case I am too persuasive.
既能干又坚强的那个人是你
You are the onewho is so admirably able and strong.
我不想再当坚强的人
I am tired of being strong.
我也一样
As am I.
软弱教人疲累但力量却使人精疲力尽
Weakness is tiring,but strength is exhausting.
你瞧,我救不了你…
You see, I cannot save you…
因为我也需要人来拯救
for I need saving, too.
你的建议是?
What are you proposing?
只有一件事…
Only this:
我们彼此拯救
that we save ourselves together.
尼可拉斯,这里有别人会被别人看见
Nicholas, please. Think of the others.People might see.
我不在乎
I don’t care.
诺格斯?
Noggs?
天啊
My God.
1万…
Ten thousand…
英镑
pounds.
谁让你们进来这房♥子?
Who bade you enter this house?
-我没必要对你说话-可是我们有话对你说
– I have no business with you.- Alas, we have business with you.
我们来告诉你一樁家庭悲剧
We have cometo report a tragedy in your family.
-我姪女出事吗?-不是,先生
– Has something happened to my niece?- No, sir.
虽然这的确是个死亡消息
Though we do bring news of a death.
不要跟我说是她哥哥死了
Don’t tell me it’s her brother’s death?
我不敢相信这种好消息
That would be too welcome to be true.
抱歉令你失望,伯父
Sorry to disappoint you, Uncle.
但这还不是你今晚的最后一件坏消息
But it will not be the last unhappydevelopment for you this night.
你懂什么?
You know nothing.
我要告诉你的消息全都来自…
Every word I will say to youis based on information…
极可靠的来源
from an unimpeachable source.
这个人…
This man…
愿意为一杯酒出♥卖♥♥♥灵魂
who’d sell his soul for a drink?
这真是个好的开始
This is a good beginning.
跟这种人同谋他说的每个字都是谎言!
To tamper with a fellow like this,whose every word is a lie!
谁造成我今天这个样子?
Who made me a fellow like this?
如果得出♥卖♥♥♥灵魂换一杯酒我为什么不当小偷?
If I’d sell my soul for a drink,why wasn’t I a thief?
骗子?
Swindler?
听我说,尼科比!
Here, you, Nickleby!
你说他们跟我同谋
You say they tampered with me.
约克夏校长又跟谁同谋…
Who was it tamperedwith the Yorkshire schoolmaster…
掳走史麦克?
to take Smike away from them?
你有在听吧?
You’re listening now, aren’t you?
你是个窃听、酗酒的流氓
You are an eavesdropping,drunken scoundrel.
我否认你的控诉再说,又有谁在乎?
I deny the charge,but ask regardless, what of it?
我回来了,尼科比先生
I’m back, Mr. Nickleby.
你们策划什么阴谋?
What have we now?
你们知不知道他是谁?
Do you know who this is?
我们很高兴布鲁克先生说出实话
We are satisfiedMr. Brooker speaks the truth.
小偷
A common thief.
乞丐、罪犯!
A beggar. A convict!
难道你没有结过婚吗?
Were you not once married?
什么?
What?
那又不是犯罪
There’s no crime in that.
但你将那樁婚姻当秘密一样隐瞒众人…
But you desired the marriageto be kept secret…
因为如果被你岳父知道…
for if your wife’s father had known…
他会改写遗嘱拒绝给你财产
he would have changed his willand denied you his fortune.
布鲁克先生还告诉我们你有个孩子
Mr. Brooker also tells usyour wife had a child.
你的孩子
Your child.
因为婚姻既然是秘密孩子当然也见不得人
Because the marriage was secret,this, too, had to be kept secret…
你将太太送走
and you sent her away.
不要哭,亲爱的
Hush, my dear.
不要伤心
Don’t mind it now.
头抬起来
Let me raise your head.
对了
There.
所以孩子就送到远方寄养
So the child was put out to nurse, far away.
他母亲没有见过他她不想再欺骗下去了
His mother never saw him,and she grew tired of the deception.
于是她秘密的跟另一个男人结婚
So she eloped with another man.
很快的,她继承了财产
Soon thereafter, she came into her money.
你当然对她穷追不舍
You, naturally, pursued her…
把孩子丢给我负责
leaving me in charge of the boy.
我按照吩咐将孩子带来这里将他安置在阁楼
I was told to bring him here, which I did,keeping him in the garret.
缺乏照料使他体弱多病
Neglect made him sickly.
布鲁克先生咨♥询♥过一位医师
Mr. Brooker consulted a doctor…
医师说他得送离伦敦,换换空气
who said he must be removed from the cityfor a change of air…
不然他性命难保
or he would die.
但我知道他的确死了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!