Are they not extraordinary?
抱歉打扰,我正好经过这里
I’m sorry to intrude,but I was passing this way.
想起那天散步时你说你很喜欢紫罗兰
I remember your telling me on our walkhow much you like violets.
所以我就带一些来送给你母亲…
I thought I would bring somefor your mother…
和你们各位
and all of you.
太感谢你了,好可爱
That is most kind of you. They’re lovely.
谢谢,可以留下来吃晚餐吗?
Thank you.Won’t you stay and have supper?
有何不可
Why, of course.
史麦克老友,你不一起吃吗?
Smike, old friend, will you not join us?
我今晚不饿
I’m not hungry tonight.
你最近看起来好忧愁
You seem so melancholy of late.
你担心史奎尔会再来吗?
Do you fear Squeers might come again?
不是
It is not that.
不然是怎么了?
Then what?
说出来,帮得上忙我一定帮你
Speak of it, and let me help you if I can.
有一天我会告诉你原因…
I will tell you the reason one day…
不是现在
not now.
我讨厌自己这样
I hate myself for it.
但我又控制不了
But I cannot help it.
你相信我以后会告诉你吗?
Will you trust me to tell you later?
当然
Of course.
我内心感情澎湃
My heart is very full.
你不晓得有多深刻
You cannot know how much.
一星期内我还要两幅
I shall want two more in a week’s time.
可能吗?
Is that possible?
-我们不再卖♥♥画了-爸爸
– There won’t be any more sales.- Father.
自从我知道消息之后
Not since the news.
消息?
News?
什么事?
What is it?
-你不能直接去问她吗?-不行
– Can you not go see her and ask?- No.
会让她爸爸起疑心
That would arouse suspicionon her father’s part.
我确定她会来跟我们说
She will come to us and tell us, I feel sure.
我要问我妹妹和我妈妈
I shall ask my sister and mother.
她们的女性同感或许能提供一些线索
Their feminine sympathiesmay shed some light.
不必麻烦,你妹妹来了
There is no need. Your sister is here.
对不起…
Forgive me…
我有一件十分令人担忧的事
but there is a matter about whichI am harboring the gravest concerns.
是史麦克
It is Smike.
吸气
Inhale.
再吸
Again.
他病得很重
He’s gravely ill.
所有急性肺结核的症状都出现了
Every token of rapid consumptionis present.
即刻送离伦敦或许还有一线希望
His only hope depends uponhis being instantly removed from London.
-丹晃夏是个理想的地方-我们是丹晃夏人
– Devonshire’s the best place.- We come from Devonshire.
带他去的人要做最坏的打算他可能再也回不来了
Whoever takes him shouldprepare for the worst. He may never return.
晚安
Good evening.
爸爸…
Father…
我知道我比你刚走时坚强多了但仍不足以承受失去史麦克
I know I am stronger than when you left us,but not strong enough to lose Smike.
如果坚强只为了面对这种事我不愿变坚强
If this is what that strength is for,then I do not want it.
不要是史麦克
Not Smike.
这是我的房♥间
This is my room.
凯特很小的时候,有一次她走丢了
Once, when Kate was very little,she was lost.
找了几个小时之后在这里找到她,睡得正熟
After hours of search,we found her here, fast asleep…
那时还没有坟墓…
before there was any grave…
保护她的唯有树荫
protected from the sun by this tree.
爸爸将她抱起,她还继续睡爸跟妈说,当他死的时候…
Father took her up, still sleeping,and told my mother that whenever he died…
他要葬在他亲爱的小女儿躺过的地方
he was to be buriedwhere his dear little child had laid her head.
好美的树
It is a beautiful tree.
像一个家
It is like a home.
怎么回事?
What is it?
记得我跟你说过有个人送我到那所学校吗?
Do you remember my telling youof the man who took me to school?
我刚刚抬起眼睛望向那棵树时…
I just now raised my eyestowards that tree…
他站在那里,眼睛盯着我看!
and there, with his eyes fixed on me,he stood!
是你一时的幻觉
Only reflect for a moment.
即使他还活着…
Granted that he is alive…
在这离公路这么远…
and wandering aroundso lonely a place as this…
这么偏僻的地方徘徊…
so far from the public road…
你认为经过那么久之后你还认得出他吗?
do you think at this distance of timeyou could possibly know the man again?
一眼就认出
Anywhere.
我们进去吧
Let us go inside.
我作了好愉快的梦
I’ve had such pleasant dreams.
前一阵子你问我为什么那么忧愁
You asked me some time agowhy I was so melancholy.
我可以跟你说原因吗?
Shall I tell you why?
只要你不难过的话
Not if it pains you.
我是希望你快乐一点才问的
I only asked that I might make you happier.
我知道
I know.
我感觉得到
I felt that.
你要原谅我,因为…
You will forgive me, because…
我无法控制
I could not help it.
虽然我宁愿以死换得她的快乐…
Though I would’ve died to make her happy…
看到那情景还是令我心碎
it broke my heart to see.
我知道他深爱着她
I know he loves her dearly.
凯特
Kate.
我爱她
I love her.
我拿了她一小撮头发
I procured a lock of her hair.
用丝带挂在我的脖子上
It hangs at my breast, in these ribbons.
我死的时候…
When I am dead…
可以请你将它取下来除了你,不要让别人看见吗?
would you please take it off,so that no eyes but yours might see it?
当我躺在棺木里…
And when I am laid in my coffin…
准备入土的时候…
and am about to be put in the earth…
请你将它挂回我的脖子让它永远陪着我,好吗?
would you hang it round my neck,that it might rest with me forever?
我发誓一定做到
On my knees, I pledge it.
现在…
Now…
现在我可以说…
Now I can say it:
我好快乐
I am happy.
纽曼
Newman.
史麦克走了
Smike is gone.
祝福你,亲爱的孩子
Bless you, dear boy.
我为你感谢上帝,纽曼
Thank God for you, Newman.
一直支撑着我
Always there to catch me.
你为什么到这里来?
But what brings you here?
你悉心照顾的那个年轻小姐…
The young ladyfor whom you’ve come to care so deeply…
-她碰到危险吗?-她要跟…
– Is she in danger?- She’s to be married…
-墨柏里豪克爵士结婚了-什么?
– To Sir Mulberry Hawk.- What?
在我告诉你这件事之前答应我不可鲁莽行事
Before I tell you this,promise you won’t do anything rash.
跟我说
Tell me.
因为你伯父,是他出的主意
It was your uncle. It was his idea.
我偷听到的他的目的就是要伤害你
I overheard it,and I’m sure he did it to wound you.
我还有很多他的事要告诉你和你的朋友史麦克
I’ve so much more to tell you about himand your dear friend Smike.
你伯父还不知道但他已经损失了1万英镑
Your uncle doesn’t know it yet,but he has just lost £10,000.
你来干什么?
What are you doing here?
我来救助被你出♥卖♥♥♥的那个不幸的人
I come to offer aidto the unhappy subject of your treachery:
-梅德琳布瑞-你认识她吗?
– Madeline Bray.- Do you know her?
请允许我私底下跟你说几句话
I beg you for a moment alone.
因为钱,你被背叛出♥卖♥♥♥了
You were betrayed and sold for money.
这个网是我自己织的我很清楚我为什么要这么做
This web is of my own weaving.I know what I am doing and why.
我也知道原因这只会教我更加尊敬你
I know why, too.It only deepens my esteem for you.
但你不能贱视你自己的价值…
But you cannot degrade yourselfin your esteem…
出♥卖♥♥♥自己为他人偿债
by giving yourself awayas payment for another man’s debt.
我不愿意隐瞒你,先生我也经过了一番…
I will not disguise from you, sir,that I have undergone some…
内心的煎熬
pain of mind.
我不爱那位男士
I do not love the gentleman.
他明白这一点可是他仍然愿意跟我结婚
This he knows,and knowing, still offers me his hand.
接受这樁婚姻我可以解救我父亲…
By accepting, I can free my father…
难道你自己的幸福一点都不重要?
Does your own happiness matter so little?
父亲是我唯一的亲人
Father is all that remains of my family.
所以我前来邀请你到我家一起生活
That is why I have come to offer youa place in our home.
你一直对我很好
You have been so good to me.
但我不能离开我父亲
But I cannot leave Father.
他也跟你一块儿来
He must come with you.
他太高傲

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!