I’ll be there
那就是所谓的家人
So that’s what they call a family
没有家人难道不也挺好吗
Ain’t you glad you ain’t that way?
庆幸的是
Ain’t you glad
你有过一个梦叫做
You got a dream called
圣塔菲
Santa Fe
-嘿赛马哥 -嘿杰克
– Hey, Race. – Hey, Jack.
马场怎么样?
How was your day at the track?
记得我说的那个内♥幕♥消息吗?
Remember that hot tip I told you about?
记得
Yeah.
都没人告诉马
Nobody told the horse.
我知道我们需要赚更多钱
I know we need to make more money.
所以才在这里讨论怎么赚更多钱
That’s why we’re here, to find out how to make more money.
我有几个提议
我有几个提议
I have several proposals.
首先
First
提高报价
to increase the paper’s price.
到时候赫斯特的售价比我低 我就直接去救济院了
Oh. Ohh. Then Hearst undersells me and I’m in the poorhouse.
乔纳森 建议很好 下次别提了
Brilliant, Jonathan, brilliant.
乔纳森 建议很好 下次别提了
Brilliant.
不是售价
Not the customer price.
是批发商的价格
The price to the distribution apparatus.
抬高报童拿货的价格?
Charge the newsies more for their papers?
-这样不妥 老板 -好吧
– Bad idea, chief. – Very well.
第二个提议是…减薪
My next proposal,
第二个提议是…减薪
salary cuts.
尤其是高层人员
Particularly those at the top.
-这样更不妥 老板 -等等
– Very bad idea. – Wait, wait, wait.
现在给报童的价格是多少? 50分钱一百份报?
Now, what do the newsies pay now, 50 cents per 100 papers?
如果涨价到…
If you raised it to, uh… What? Uh,
60分钱
60 cents?
每份报纸只涨了0.1分钱
A mere 10th of a cent per paper.
那乘以一天四万份报纸…
That multiplied by 40,000 papers a day.
一周七天
Seven days a week.
绝对有赚头 先生
It definitely adds up, sir.
你这样涨价
If you do this, every newsie we’ve got will head straight for Hearst.
我们的报童都会跳槽到赫斯特的报社的
If you do this, every newsie we’ve got will head straight for Hearst.
我很了解赫斯特 塞兹
You don’t know Hearst like I do, Seitz.
作为报社老板 我俩为了取得竞争优势都会不择手段的
As newspapermen, he and I would cut each other’s throats to get an advantage.
我俩都是聪明的商人
But as gentlemen and as businessmen,
某些事我们常英雄所见略同
we often see eye to eye on certain things.
如果我们涨价 我和赫斯特…
Now, if we do it, Hearst and I…
如果我们涨价
If we do it, then the other papers will do it.
其他的报社也会跟着涨价
If we do it, then the other papers will do it.
那些孩子会很辛苦
It’s gonna be awfully rough on those children.
胡说 我也是在为他们好
Nonsense, nonsense. It’ll be good for them.
这也可以激励他们更努力工作 卖♥♥更多报纸
Incentive, make them work harder, sell more papers.
他们会把这当作…
They’ll look on it…
他们会把这当作…挑战
They’ll look on it as a challenge.
一个激动人心的挑战
A challenge.
一个激动人心的挑战
《纽约世界报》 电车罢♥工♥爆发流♥血♥冲♥突♥
他们把价格抬高了
They jacked up the price.
Did you hear that, Jack? Ten cents a hundred.
你知道吗 杰克? 一百份报纸涨价十分钱
Did you hear that, Jack? Ten cents a hundred.
我们已经够惨了
You know what, it’s bad enough that we gotta eat what we don’t sell.
没卖♥♥掉的报纸我们得自负盈亏
You know what, it’s bad enough that we gotta eat what we don’t sell.
现在他们居然涨价 你们能相信吗?
Now they jacked up the price. Can you believe that?
我死定了 我现在还只能勉强活得下去
This will bust me. I’m barely making a living right now.
我回去睡大街算了
I’ll be back sleeping on the streets.
根本没道理
It don’t make no sense.
普利兹赚那么多钱
I mean, all the money Pulitzer’s making…
为什么要剥削我们?
Why would he gouge us?
因为他就是个臭钱奴
Because he’s a tightwad, that’s why.
没错
That’s right.
嘿你们别惊恐 这只是吓唬人的
Hey, come on. Pipe down, it’s just a gag.
为什么要涨价 黄鼠狼?
为什么要涨价 黄鼠狼?
So why the jack-up, Weasel?
为啥不涨?
Why not?
今天天气很好
It’s a nice day.
何不去问普利兹先生?
Why don’t you ask Mr. Pulitzer?
他们不能这样对我们 杰克
They can’t do this to me, Jack.
他们想怎样都可以 臭报纸是他们的
They can do whatever they want. It’s their stinking paper.
不公平
It ain’t fair. We got no rights at all.
我们都没人♥权♥了
It ain’t fair. We got no rights at all.
这是黑心报社
Come on, it’s a rigged deck. They got all the marbles, okay?
他们都很聪明
Come on, it’s a rigged deck. They got all the marbles, okay?
杰克 我们没得选
Jack, we got no choice.
Let’s get our lousy papes while they still got some.
趁他们还有报纸 我们快去进些来卖♥♥得了
Let’s get our lousy papes while they still got some.
No, nobody’s going anywhere.
大家都别走
No, nobody’s going anywhere.
杰克 我们还得填饱肚子呢
We gotta eat, Jack.
不能让他们这样做
They can’t get away with this.
让开 给他一点空间
Clear out, clear out. Give him some room.
给他一点空间
Give him some room.
让他想一想
Let him think.
杰克 想完了没?
Jack, you done thinking yet?
喂喂喂
Hey, hey, hey.
《世界报》的员工才能进来
World employees only on this side of the gate.
听着,有一件事是肯定的
Well, listen, one thing for sure.
If we don’t sell papes, then nobody sells papes.
我们不卖♥♥报纸 没人会帮他们卖♥♥报纸
If we don’t sell papes, then nobody sells papes.
他们不恢复原价
Nobody comes through those gates till they put the price back where it was.
我们就不进去批报
Nobody comes through those gates till they put the price back where it was.
什么意思?你要罢♥工♥吗?
What do you mean, like a strike?
对 我要罢♥工♥
Yeah, like a strike.
你疯了吗?
What, are you out of your mind?
这点子很好
It’s a good idea.
杰克 我刚开玩笑的
Jack, I was just joking.
我们没有工会 不能罢♥工♥
We can’t strike. We don’t have a union.
也是 但…
Yeah, but
如果我们罢♥工♥ 我们就是工会 对吗?
if we go on strike, then we are a union, right?
不 我们只是一群愤怒的穷小孩而已
No, we’re just a bunch of angry kids with no money.
如果召集纽约所有的报童 也许可以 但…
Maybe if we got every newsie in New York, but…
那我们就来组建工会呗
Yeah, well, we organize.
小拐杖 你负责召集
Crutchy, you take up a collection.

Swell.
我们把纽约的报童都召集起来
We’ll get all the newsies in New York together.
杰克 这可不是闹着玩的
Jack, this isn’t a joke.
你看到那些电车劳工的下场了
You saw what happened to those trolley workers.
又是个好点子
Yeah, well, that’s another good idea. Any newsie don’t join with us,
不加入我们的报童
Yeah, well, that’s another good idea. Any newsie don’t join with us,
我们就像电车劳工那样打破他们的头
then we bust their heads like the trolley workers.
杰克 你冷静一下想清楚
Stop and think about this, Jack.
想什么?
What?
你不能把所有人牵扯进这个冲动的罢♥工♥里
You can’t just rush everybody into this.
好啦 让我想一想
All right, let me think about it.
听好 大卫说得对
Oh, listen, Dave’s right.
普利兹和赫斯特 还有其他那些有钱人
I mean, Pulitzer and Hearst and all them other rich fellas,
这个城市是他们的
I mean, they own this city.
真以为我们这一群街头小混混
So do we really think a bunch of street rats like us can make any difference?
能改变现状吗?
So do we really think a bunch of street rats like us can make any difference?
这要由你们选择
The choice has gotta be yours.
我们要任他们剥削还是要罢♥工♥?
Are we just gonna take what they give us or are we gonna strike?
罢♥工♥
Strike!
对 我们就该罢♥工♥
Let’s do it. Let’s do it.
继续说 杰克 教我们怎么做
Keep talking, Jack. Tell us what to do.
-告诉我们怎么做 杰克 -杰克 该怎么做?
Yeah, tell us what to do, Jack.
你可以教我们怎么做吗 大卫
Will you tell us what to do, Dave?
对啊大卫,告诉我们怎样做才能行
Yeah, come on, Dave, tell us what to do.
我们报童要上下一心,必须要团结
As long as we stick together. We gotta stick together.
普利兹和赫斯特要尊重我们的权利
Pulitzer and Hearst have to respect our rights.
对说得对
All right.
听好

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!