Come on, fellas. Wait up!
杰克 要不你到我家去再一起分钱?
Jack, why don’t we go back to my place and divvy up?
可以顺便认识一下我的家人
You can meet my folks.
(警♥察♥)不许打架了!
You stop that. Stop that! Hey!
这就是电车罢♥工♥ 大卫
It’s the trolley strike, Dave.
这几个笨蛋最好别蹚浑水
These couple of dumb-asses must not have joined or something.
电车罢♥工♥ 工人没有平等的权利
杰克 我们快离开这里行不
Jack, let’s get out of here.
杰克 我们快离开这里行不
搞不好明天有大头条 大卫
So maybe we get a good headline tomorrow, Dave.
看他都在这睡着了
Look at this. He slept the whole way through it.
天啊 怎么回事?
My God, what happened?
Nothing, Mama. He’s just sleeping.
没事妈妈,他只是睡着了
Nothing, Mama. He’s just sleeping.
我们一直在等你们吃晚餐
We’ve been waiting dinner for you.
你们跑去哪了?
Where have you been?
你卖♥♥报纸赚了这么多钱?
You made all of this selling newspapers?
You made all of this selling newspapers?
有一半是杰克的
Well, half of it’s Jack’s.
他是我们的卖♥♥报合伙人
This is our selling partner, uh,
也是我们的朋友
and our friend.
-杰克·凯利 我爸妈 -你好
– Jack Kelly, my parents. – Hello.
那是我姐姐莎拉
Uh, that’s my sister, Sarah.
亲爱的,这是大卫的朋友,我们可以留他下来吃晚餐
Esther, maybe David’s partner would like to join us for dinner.
要不你去加点水来煮多点汤
Why don’t you add a little more water to the soup?
Mayer.
梅尔
Mayer.
据我今天的观察 不得不说
So I gotta say that from what I saw today
据我今天的观察 不得不说
your boys are a couple of born newsies.
您的两个儿子是天生的报童
your boys are a couple of born newsies.
– Can I have a little more? Thanks. – Yes.
-可以再盛点给我吗? -好的
– Can I have a little more? Thanks. – Yes.
我的经验加上他们的努力
So with my experience and their hard work,
一周赚上千块不是问题
I figure we can peddle 1000 a week,
简直轻而易举
not even break a sweat.
能赚那么多?
That many?
头条精彩的话能赚更多
More when the headlines are good.
怎样的头条叫精彩?
So, what makes a headline good?
就是有博人眼球的字眼 就像…
Well, you know, catchy words like…
疯子、尸体
like “maniac” or “corpse”
或是…我想想…
or, um…Let’s see
爱巢或裸体
“love nest” or “nude.”
抱歉 我话太多了
Excuse me.
抱歉 我话太多了
Maybe I’m talking too much.
莎拉
Sarah,
去把你妈藏在厨柜的蛋糕拿出来
go get the cake your mother’s hiding in the cabinet.
那是你明天的生日蛋糕
That’s for your birthday tomorrow.
我过够生日了 今天就是庆祝一下
Well, I’ve had enough birthdays.
我过够生日了 今天就是庆祝一下
This is a celebration, huh?
我去拿刀子
I’ll get the knife.
我来拿盘子
I got the plates.
今天只是开始 爸爸
It’s only the beginning, Papa.
我做久了能赚更多钱的
The longer I work, the more money I’ll make.
你只会做到我回去工厂
You only work until I go back to the factory.
到时你要回学校念书 我们说好了
And then you are going back to school like you promised.
生日快乐 爸爸
Happy birthday, Papa.
谢谢
Thank you.
餐刀在这里
Here’s your knife.
我的伤迟早会好的
This is going to heal.
到时他们就会让我回去工作了
They’ll give me back my job.
我们会撑过去
I’ll make them.
这份给我们的客人
Our visitor.
这块给大卫
Here, a piece for David.
谢谢
Thanks.
我亲爱的宝贝回来
[SINGING] Come back, my lovey-dovey baby
陪我打情骂俏
And coochie-coo with me
这是怎么回事 大卫?
And what is this, David, hmm?
你♥爸♥是怎么受伤的?
So how did your pop get hurt?
是在工厂发生了意外
是在工厂发生了意外
The factory. It was an accident.
他受伤没法工作,他们就直接开除了他
He’s no good to them anymore so they just fired him.
他没有工会保护他
He’s got no union to protect him.
大卫?该进来了
David,
大卫?该进来了
it’s time to come in now.
好
All right.
来了
All right.
杰克
Jack
要不你今晚留在我们家过夜?
why don’t you stay here tonight?
不用 谢了
No, thanks.
我有宿舍
I got my own place.
你家人都是好人 大卫
But your family’s real nice, Dave, like mine.
跟我家人一样
But your family’s real nice, Dave, like mine.
-明天见 -好
– See you tomorrow. – All right.
-高举头条 -嗯哼高举头条
– Carrying the banner. – Carrying the banner.
Santa Fe
那就是所谓的家人
[SINGING] So that’s what they call a family
Santa Fe
Santa Fe
妈妈 女儿 爸爸 儿子
Mother, daughter, father, son
妈妈 女儿 爸爸 儿子
Mother, daughter, father, son
我猜这些所见所闻都是真的
Guess that everything you heard about Is true
你没有家人
So you ain’t got any family
谁说你需要家人?
Well, who said you needed one?
这难道不好吗
Ain’t you glad nobody’s waiting up For you
没人等你到深夜
Ain’t you glad nobody’s waiting up For you
当我沉浸在梦里时
When I dream on my own
独自一人却不孤单
I’m alone but I ain’t lonely
唯有在夜幕低垂
For a dreamer Night’s the only time of day
When the city’s finally sleeping
城市终于入眠时
When the city’s finally sleeping
思绪开始天马行空想象
When my thoughts begin to stray
于是我搭上前往圣塔菲的火车
And I’m on the train That’s bound for Santa Fe
我自♥由♥了
And I’m free like the wind
像风一样
And I’m free like the wind
彷佛我会永垂不朽
Like I’m gonna live forever
这是一种时光无法夺走的感受
It’s a feeling time can never take away
只需要多一点钱
All I need’s a few more dollars
我就能远走高飞
And I’m out of here to stay
梦想成真
Dreams come true
是的
Yes, they do, in Santa Fe
就在圣塔菲
Yes, they do, in Santa Fe
谁说你必须要在这里度过一生?
Where does it say You gotta live and die here?
谁说一个人不能打破枷锁?
Where does it say A guy can’t catch a break?
为什么只能听天由命?
Why should you only take What you’re given?
为什么该一辈子苟且偷生
Why should you spend Your whole life living
被困在一个仅17岁的人就看不到未来的地方?
Trapped where there ain’t no future Even at 17?
天天奴役自已只为别人工作
Breaking your back For someone else’s sake
如果这样的生活不适合你
If the light don’t seem to suit you How about a change of scene?
何不换个环境
If the light don’t seem to suit you How about a change of scene?
远离烂头条
Far from the lousy headlines
逃离那些夹缝中生存的日子
And the deadlines in between
驾!
Move!
小子干什么呢!
Hey, boy, come on back here!
嘿那是我的马啊喂
Hey, that’s my horse.
圣塔菲
Santa Fe, are you there?
你在吗?
Santa Fe, are you there?
发誓你不会忘掉我
Do you swear you won’t forget me?
如果我找到你 你愿意让我留下吗?
If I found you Would you let me come and stay?
我不会再变年轻了
我不会再变年轻了
I ain’t getting any younger
在我死去那天前
And before my dying day
我想要我的天地
I want space, not just air
不是只有冷漠的空气
I want space, not just air
让那些人尽情嘲笑我吧
Let them laugh in my face, I don’t care
我不在乎了
Let them laugh in my face, I don’t care
给我留好位置
Save a place
我有一天一定会去的