You wanna sit down?
下一位
Next
请给我20份报纸
Uh, twenty papes, please.
请给我20份报纸
20份报纸
Twenty papes.
谢谢
Thanks.
看这则新闻
Look at this.
双头婴儿
“Baby born with two heads.”
一定是布鲁克林人
It must be from Brooklyn.
喂 你拿到报纸了 快走别挡住后面的
Hey, hey, come on, come on. You got your papes. Now beat it.
我付了20份的钱 只拿到19份
I paid for 20, I only got 19.
你在说我骗人吗 小子?
Are you accusing me of lying, kid?
不,我只是想要我的报纸
No, I just want my paper.
不,我只是想要我的报纸
他叫你走开
He said beat it.
He said beat it.
你确实只给了19份 黄鼠狼
No, it’s 19, Weasel.
但别担心 我相信这是无心之过
It’s 19. But don’t worry about it, it’s an honest mistake.
没事,我知道莫里斯一穿上鞋子就总是不数到20
Morris, he can’t count to 20 with his shoes on.
All right, get out of here.
好啦 快走
All right, get out of here.
等等 赛马哥 借我两块钱
Hold it. Race, will you spot me two bits?
接着
Here.
谢了 再给我朋友50份
Thanks. Another 50 for my friend here.
-我不要 -你当然要
– I don’t want another 50. – Sure you do.
报童都想要更多报纸
Every newsie wants more papes.
我不要
I don’t.
你是笨蛋吗?
What, are you stupid?
我不要你的报纸
我不要你的报纸
I don’t want your papes.
我不要别人的施舍
I don’t take charity from anybody.
我根本不认识你
I don’t even know you.
也不想认识
I don’t care to.
你的报纸拿回去
So here are your papes.
他们都叫他牛仔
Cowboy. They call him Cowboy.
确实
Yeah.
不过我还有很多名字
Well, that and a lot of other things, including Jack Kelly,
比如说杰克·凯利
Well, that and a lot of other things, including Jack Kelly,
我老妈就这么叫我
which is what my mother called me.
你叫什么名字 小子?
And what do they call you, kid?
莱斯
Les.
这是我哥哥大卫
And this is my brother, David.
他比我大
He’s older.
这样啊,差点看不出来
Oh, no kidding.
你几岁 莱斯?
So how old are you, Les?
快十岁了
Near 10.
快十岁了
Near 10. Well, that’s no good. If anyone asks, you should say you’re 7.
快十岁 这样不行
Near 10. Well, that’s no good. If anyone asks, you should say you’re 7.
有人问你几岁就说七岁
Near 10. Well, that’s no good. If anyone asks, you should say you’re 7.
年纪越小卖♥♥越多报纸 莱斯
See, younger sells more papes.
我们会是报童搭档 最厉害的…
If we’re gonna be partners, we wanna be the best.
等等
Wait, wait, wait.
谁说我们需要搭档了?
Who said anything about partners?
那你不是还欠我两块钱吗
Well, you owe me two bits, right?
我把那当成投资
Well, so I’ll consider that an investment.
我们可以一起卖♥♥报纸 然后七三分
We sell together, we split seventy-thirty.
你还能免费边看边学卖♥♥报高手我
Plus you get the benefit of observing me, no charge.
这是难得的机会 大卫
这是难得的机会 大卫
Hey, you’re getting the chance of a lifetime here, Davey.
你跟着杰克学 你就等于跟了大♥师♥
You learn from Jack, you learn from the best.
-最厉害 -没错
– The best. That’s right.
他要是最厉害 那还要跟我合作啥
Well, if he’s the best, then how come he needs me?
伙计,我根本不需要你
Listen, I don’t need you, pal.
但我没有像莱斯这样可爱的小♥弟♥弟♥给我当帮手
But I ain’t got a cute little brother like Les here to front for me.
他的这副小脸蛋
You know, with this kid’s puss
再加上我这么牛逼的销♥售♥天赋
再加上我这么牛逼的销♥售♥天赋
and my God-given talent
我们一周能卖♥♥上千份报纸
we could move 1000 papes a week.
怎么样 莱斯?想跟我一起吗
So, what do you say, Les?
怎么样 莱斯?想跟我一起吗
You wanna sell papes for me?
我想
Yeah.
一言为定?
So it’s a deal?
等等
Wait, wait. Hold it.
至少要五五分才行
It’s gotta be at least fifty-fifty.
六♥四♥分 一口价
Sixty-forty or I forget the whole thing.
-公平 -这可是摊上好事了
– That’s fair. A golden opportunity.
公平的
That’s fair.
难得的好机会
A golden opportunity here.
怎么样?
What do you say?
已经很公平了
It’s very fair.
怎么了?
What’s the matter?
这太恶心了吧
That’s disgusting.
报纸入手太少赚不多的 大卫
The name of the game is volume, Dave.
你只拿了20份 为什么?
You only took 20 papes. Why?
头条不好
Bad headline.
你要学的第一件事
That’s the first thing you gotta learn.
头条不会卖♥♥报纸 报童才会卖♥♥报纸
Headlines don’t sell papes. Newsies sell papes.
其实我们是凝聚城镇的核心力量
We’re what holds this town together. Without newsies, nobody knows nothing.
没有报童就没人知道任何事
We’re what holds this town together. Without newsies, nobody knows nothing.
没错
That’s right.
看那美女
Look at that angel.
我陶醉了
I’m in heaven.
三头婴儿!
Baby born with three heads!
卖♥♥报纸啦!卖♥♥报纸啦!
Get your papes here!
电车罢♥工♥进入第三周
“Trolley Strike Drags on for Third Week.”
这个不配叫头条的头条还真没完没了
And this so-called headline drags on for infinity.
新闻产出真不多 普利兹先生
The news is slow, Mr. Pulitzer.
我们只有电车罢♥工♥能登
The trolley strike’s all we got.
威廉·伦道夫·赫斯特先生也一样
威廉·伦道夫·赫斯特先生也一样
Well, that’s all Mr. William Randolph Hearst has too,
但你看他是怎么报道罢♥工♥新闻的 看!
but look how he covers the strike. Look!
铁轨裸尸与电车罢♥工♥无关
我们会换掉这个头条编辑的 先生
We’ll get a new headline writer, sir.
把赫斯特的编辑挖过来 给他双倍薪水
We’ll steal Hearst’s man. Offer him double.
他原来就是从我们这里被挖走的
That’s how he stole him from us.
问题不在头条 老板
It’s not the headlines, chief.
扩大发行量在让我们的利润减少
These circulation wars are cutting into our profits
因为你把赚来的钱都砸在发行量上只为了想打败赫斯特
because you spend as much as you make trying to beat Hearst.
我们需要赚更多钱
Then we need to make more profits.
打商仗是不能抠抠搜搜的 塞兹
You do not penny-pinch when you’re in a war, Seitz.
胜利意味着一切
Victory means everything.
Now, when I created The World…
当年我创办《世界报》时…
Now, when I created The World…
Now, when I created The World…
外面在吵什么?
外面在吵什么?
What is that deafening noise?
What is that deafening noise?
是报童们 先生 我去叫他们安静点
Just the newsies, sir. I’ll go and have them quieted.
不用去了 问题不大
Never mind the newsies.
刚说到哪?
Where was I?
创办《世界报》 老板
Creating The World, chief.
二位 下面的街道充满商机啊
There’s lots of money down there in those streets, gentlemen.
怎么样才能赚更多呢
I wanna know how I can get more of it.
就在今晚
By tonight.
号♥外号♥外 电车罢♥工♥事件仍未停息
Extra, extra. Trolley strike drags on.
号♥外号♥外
Extra, extra.
艾利斯岛陷入火海 发生大火
Ellis Island in flames. Big conflagration.
什么?等等 哪有写到这条新闻?
Hey, what? Wait. Where’s that story?
谢谢 先生 第九页
Thank you, sir. Page 9.
数千人死里逃生
Thousands flee in panic!
谢谢 不胜感激 女士
Thank you. Much obliged to you. Ladies.
移♥民♥大楼旁的垃圾失火
“Trash fire next to immigration building terrifies sea gulls”?
惊吓到了海鸥?
“Trash fire next to immigration building terrifies sea gulls”?
瘆人的冲天大火!
Terrified flight from inferno!
数千人生死未卜
Thousands of lives at stake.
谢谢
Thank you.
这儿要一份
Up here. Up here.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!