法官大人 我反对
Your Honor, I object.
基于什么理由?
On what grounds?
基于布鲁克林的理由 法官大人
On the grounds of Brooklyn, Your Honor.
我处你们每人五美元罚金
I fine each of you $5
不然就到收♥容♥所♥关两周禁闭
or two weeks’ confinement in the House of Refuge.
哦豁豁喽
Whoa, whoa. Hey. Hey, we ain’t got 5 bucks.
我们哪来五美元给你
Whoa, whoa. Hey. Hey, we ain’t got 5 bucks.
我们连五分钱都没有
We don’t even got 5 cents.
法官大人 不然来赌一把
Hey, Your Honor, how about I roll you for it?
输赢你说了算
Double or nothing.
好了 下去
All right, move along, move along.
法官大人 我来替他们缴罚金
Your Honor, I’ll pay the fines.
所有孩子的罚金
All of them.

Come on.
-伙计们还好吗? -大卫
– Hey, fellas, you all right? – David
杰克在哪?
BOY 3: It’s David. – Where’s Jack?
听着,我们待会在餐厅碰面
Look, we gotta meet at the restaurant.
所有人都要在 我们得商量
Everybody. We have to talk.
去缴钱 下去
Pay the clerk. Move it along.
大家好
Hey, fellas.
嘿牛仔! “手镯”挺炫啊!
Hey, Cowboy, nice shiner.
去缴钱 下去
Pay the clerk. Move it along.
杰克会没事的
Jack’s fine.
丹顿 我猜这次我们登上各大报了
Hey, Denton, I guess we made all the papes this time.
把我拍得帅吗?
So how did my picture look?
没有报社报道集♥会♥的事
None of the papers covered the rally, not even The Sun.
连《太阳报》也没有登
None of the papers covered the rally, not even The Sun.
杰克·凯利案
Case of Jack Kelly.
煽动暴♥动♥ 攻击 拒捕
Inciting to riot, assault, resisting arrest.
蒙纳汉法官 我会代表这个年轻人发言
Judge Monahan, I’ll speak for this young man.
你们两个认识啊 真好
You two know each other. Ain’t that nice?
说吧 典狱长史奈德
Just move it along, Warden Snyder.
这个男孩的真名是弗朗西斯·苏利文
This boy’s real name is Francis Sullivan.
他母亲过世了
His mother’s deceased.
父亲是囚犯 在州监狱服刑
His father’s a convict in the state penitentiary.
他从收♥容♥所♥逃出来
He’s an escapee from the House of Refuge
原本服刑三个月 因破坏行为 刑期延长到六个月
where his original sentence for three months was extended to six months for disruptive behavior.
比如要求我们吃你偷走我们的食物吗
Like demanding we eat the food you steal from us.
后来因企图逃跑刑期又加了六个月
Followed by an additional six months for an attempted escape.
企图?
Attempted?
上次不是企图逃跑
Last time wasn’t an attempted escape.
你还记得吗 史奈德?
Remember, Snyder?
你记得我和罗斯福 还有那辆马车吗?
Remember me and Teddy Roosevelt and the carriage?
Remember Roosevelt and the carriage?
记得罗斯福和那辆马车吗?
Remember Roosevelt and the carriage?
所以我让他回到收♥容♥所♥
Therefore, I ask that he be returned to the House of Refuge.
这是为了我好 对吧?
Away for my own good, right, Movealong?
这是为我好还是你为了吃回扣?
For my own good and for what he kicks back to you.
法庭裁定他监禁到21岁为止
And that the court order his incarceration until the age of 21
法庭裁定他监禁到21岁为止
希望我们能引导他 成为对社会有用的人
in the hope that we may yet guide him to a useful and productive life.
如是判决
So ordered.
不要
No!
下一位
Next.
嘿!丹顿先生
Hey, Mr. Denton.
我的荣幸
My pleasure.
为什么《太阳报》 没有报道这件事?
Why didn’t The Sun print the story?
因为这件事没发生过
Because it never happened.
什么叫没发生过? 当时你也在场啊
What do you mean, it never happened? You were there.
报纸没刊登的事 就不存在
I tell you, if it’s not in the papers, it never happened.
老板下令不能刊登
The owners decreed that it not be in the papers
所以…
therefore…
总之 我是来跟你们道别的
Anyway, I came to tell you fellas goodbye.
我…
I…
发生什么了 你被开除了吗?
What happened? Did you get fired or something?
不是 我被调回到之前的职位了
No, I got reassigned back to my old job as
《太阳报》里最棒的战地记者
The Sun’s ace war correspondent.
他们要我马上离开
They want me to leave right away.
老板认为我只应该报道那些
The owner thinks that I should only cover
真正重要的新闻
the really important stories, so…
是的,只能这样了
Yep. Well,
各位 祝我好运吧
wish me luck, fellas.
至少还有我给你们的一半祝福
At least half of what I wish for you.
他们不会开除我 大卫
They don’t always fire you, David.
只不过我可能会被全国报社列入黑名单
I would be blackballed from every paper in the country.
Hey.

Hey.
我是新闻记者
I’m a newspaperman.
我是靠写报纸吃饭的
I have to have a paper to write for.
这是…
This is…
我为报童集♥会♥写的文章
the story I wrote about the rally.
还有…
And…
我希望至少还有你能读一下
I want you to read it at least.
比尔
Bill?
不用不用
No, no.
这些应该够了
This should cover it.
This should cover it.
谢谢
Thanks.
今晚我们要去收♥容♥所♥把杰克救出来
We get Jack out of the Refuge tonight.
从现在开始
And from now on
除了我们报童 谁都不要相信
we trust no one but the newsies.
-对 -就应该这样
Yeah. That’s right.
行动吧,把你屁♥股♥从椅子上拿起来
Come on, get the lead out your pants.
出发吧
Let’s go.
我们会没事的
We’re gonna be okay.
快点走 小子
Move along, boy.
小拐就在那里面
That’s where we saw Crutchy.
那是杰克 是杰克
It’s Jack. It’s Jack.
嘘嘘嘘
Shh, shh, shh!
他们要把他带去哪 大卫?
Where they taking him, Dave?
只有一个办法能知道
There’s one way to find out.
你们到广场等我
I’ll meet you guys at the square.
赛马哥 看顾好他
Racetrack, watch him.
带他进去
Get him inside.
准备收工了
Oh, well, about ready to wrap up for the night.
下次估计又要很晚
It’s gonna be another late one
是 我知道
Yes. Yes, I know.

Sit.
知道我像你那么大时在做什么吗 小子?
You know what I was doing when I was your age, boy?
我那时还在参战
I was in a war.
内战
内战
The Civil War.
我听过
Yeah, I heard of it.
那你有打胜仗了吗?
So did you win?
人们以为战争只跟伦理有关 太天真了
People think that the wars are about right or wrong. They’re not.
其实战争本质上是权力之争
They’re about power.
我也听过那句话
Yeah, I heard of that too.
我不只是帮你卖♥♥报纸 老约
You know, I don’t just sell your papes, Joe.
有时我也读报纸
Sometimes I read them.
报纸的力量中蕴含着极大的权力
Power of the press is the greatest power of them all.
我教市民思考
我教市民思考
I tell this city how to think.
我教市民投票
I tell this city how to vote.
是我塑造了城市的未来
I shape its future.
是吗?
Yeah? Well,
Yeah? Well,
现在我只想到一个未来 就是我的未来
right now I’m just thinking about one future, and that’s mine.
我也是 小子
Well, so am I, boy.
我有本事把你关进收♥容♥所♥
I have the power to see that you stay locked in the Refuge.
我也有本事再逃出来
And I have the power to break out again.
或者呢 明天我就把你释放
Or I could see you released tomorrow free and clear
再往你口袋里塞满钱
with more money in your pockets than you could earn
塞多少呢 塞个…
in, well, three lifetimes.
能让你活三辈子的钱

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!