the other papers are gonna feel stupid if they try and ignore us.
– Right. – Yeah
-对 -好主意
– Right. – Yeah
比如说集♥会♥
Like a rally.
对,全纽约市报童们的一次大型集♥会♥
A newsie rally with all the kids from all over New York.
我们要搞出纽约最庞大 最吸睛 动静最大的
We’ll make it the biggest, loudest, noisiest blowout
前所未有的集♥会♥
this town’s ever seen.
还要通知那些大资本们当心
We’ll send a message to the big boys.
我会给他们好看
I’ll give them a message.
我们人数众多 绝不会退缩
There’s a lot of us and we ain’t going away.
在取得公平的权利之前我们会抗争到底
We’ll fight until damn doomsday if it means we get a fair shake.
对
Yeah.
我会破釜沉舟
I’ll fight to that.
嘿,各位
嘿,各位
Hey, you guys
to our man Denton.
敬在背后为我们撑腰的男人丹顿
to our man Denton.
敬我们的大哥丹顿
To our man Denton!
史奈德先生 晚餐好吃吗?
Hey, Mr. Snyder, how was your supper?
那是杰克
Hey, that’s Jack.
这照片拍出了他最典型的样子
He looks just like hisself.
这照片拍出了他最典型的样子
你认识这个男孩?
You know this boy?
不认识
No, no.
你有个大名鼎鼎的朋友噢 杰克
You have a famous friend, this Jack.
你知道他住哪吗?
Do you know where he lives?
我从没听说过这个人 真的
I never heard of him, honest.
是我这个蠢脑袋老是搞错人
It’s this brain of mine. It’s always making mistakes.
我的脑袋总是不听使唤
It’s got a mind of its own.
你还需要吃什么吗 史奈德先生?
你还需要吃什么吗 史奈德先生?
Can I get you anything else, Mr. Snyder?
再见 史奈德先生
Goodbye, Mr. Snyder.
罢♥工♥
我拼对了吗 克洛普曼?
So did I spell it right, Kloppman?
非常好
Very good. That’s very good.
罢♥工♥
Strike.
不好意思
Excuse– Excuse me.
请问有什么事吗?
Can I help you?
这里是不是有个叫杰克·凯利的男孩?
You have a boy who calls himself Jack Kelly?
You have a boy who calls himself Jack Kelly?
我想见他
I wish to see him.
杰克·凯利…杰克…
Jack Kelly? Jack…
没听说过
Never heard of him.
没听过他
Never heard of him.
你们这些小孩 有谁听过杰克·凯利吗?
Any of you boys ever heard of Jack Kelly?
这一带很少有这种类型的名字
That’s an unusual name for these parts.
你是说杰克·凯利
Oh, you mean Jack Kelly.
他是住在这里
Yeah, he was here,
但他后来自己滚蛋了
but he put an egg in his shoe and beat it.
我有理由相信他是个逃犯 可能很危险
I have reason to believe that he is an escaped prisoner, possibly dangerous.
噢!他是个危险人吗?
Oh. Is he dangerous?
我最好看看档案
I better look in my files.
请走这边
Come, this way, please.
抗争普利兹集♥会♥
请捐款给报童罢♥工♥基金 先生
Give to the newsie strike fund, mister?
你昨天整晚都睡在这外面吗?
Did you sleep out there all night?
对
Yeah.
怎么不叫醒我们?
Why didn’t you wake us up?
我不想打扰你们
Well, I didn’t wanna disturb nobody.
这里很像华道夫
Anyway, it’s like the Waldorf out here.
风景好又凉爽
Great view and cool air.
去顶楼等我
Go up on the roof.
你饿吗?
Are you hungry?
你饿吗?
Yeah.
饿
Yeah.
很好,因为我帮你做了早餐
Good, because I made you breakfast.
你和大卫让爸爸很骄傲
Papa’s so proud of you and David.
你该听听他谈论杰克·凯利的样子
You should hear him talking about Jack Kelly,
罢♥工♥领袖
the strike leader
偶尔会跟我们一起吃饭
who occasionally takes his meals with us.
Well, this is one strike leader
这个罢♥工♥领袖
Well, this is one strike leader
Well, this is one strike leader
等一切结束后会很高兴
who’s gonna be very happy when it’s all over.
我就能离开这里去圣塔菲
I can get out of here, go to Santa Fe.
这里没有什么让我眷恋的了
I mean, there’s nothing for me to stay for, is there?
你应该去看看圣塔菲
You know, you should see Santa Fe.
那里处处都跟纽约不一样 更辽阔
Everything’s different there. It’s all bigger.
想想那沙漠
You know, the desert
天空和太阳
and the sky and the sun.
太阳都是同一个
It’s the same sun as here.
是 只是看起来不一样
Yeah, it just looks different.
我该…准备去工作了
我该…准备去工作了
I should get ready for work.
莎拉
Sarah?
我只是不习惯
I’m just not used to having
我的去留对别人很重要
I’m just not used to having
我的去留对别人很重要
whether I stay or whether I go matter to anybody.
我不是说对你重不重要
Yeah, I’m not saying it should matter to you.
我只是…
I’m just saying… Um…
但…对你重要吗?
But does it matter?
当然市政♥府♥很关心 这起事件不会失控
Of course, the city is very concerned
当然市政♥府♥很关心 这起事件不会失控
that this event doesn’t get out of hand
当然市政♥府♥很关心 这起事件不会失控
but–
但是…
but–
警长
Chief?
我们不能直接插手驱逐拆散集♥会♥ 普利兹先生
We can’t just charge in and break it up, Mr. Pulitzer.
我们没有法律理由
We’ve got no legal cause.
法律理由
Legal cause.
这场集♥会♥的领头人
Would the fact that this rally is organized by
是一个逃犯
an escaped criminal
这个理由够吗 市长?
be cause enough, mayor?
逃犯?
Escaped criminal?
从你的监狱逃出来 市长
A fugitive from one of your prisons, mayor.
一个偷窃犯
A convicted thief.
他用假名杰克·凯利已经在外面逍遥一段时间了
He’s been living at large for some time under the alias of Jack Kelly.
他本名叫什么?
What’s his real name?
苏利文
Sullivan.
弗朗西斯·苏利文
Francis Sullivan
大人
Your Honor.
我本该能早点逮到他 但…
I would’ve caught him before now, but…
你应该认识典狱长史奈德吧 市长?
You know Warden Snyder, don’t you?
我相信你认识他 因为…
I believe you know him because you
是你指派他的
appointed him.
对
Yes.
这个男孩是逃犯 那…
Well, if this boy is a fugitive, then…
我们会让警长私下逮捕他
the chief can quietly arrest him.
不行 不能私下逮捕
No, no, no. Not quietly. Not quietly.
我要杀鸡儆猴
I want an example made.
我要杀鸡儆猴
我要让他召集的这群闹事之徒
I want this rabble he’s roused
看看对抗我的下场
to see what happens to those who would dare to…
他们应该看见正义行使 警长
他们应该看见正义行使 警长
They should see justice in action, chief.
在集♥会♥上逮捕他?
Arrest him at the rally.
对了 市长
By the way, mayor,
我今晚约了几个朋友打牌
I’m having a few friends for cards tonight,
好几家报社的朋友
newspaper friends
有威廉·赫斯特 有高登·班奈特
Willie Hearst, Gordon Bennett.
要一起来吗?
Perhaps you’ll join us.
聊聊…即将到来的选举
Talk about the coming election.
我会荣幸到场的
I’d be honored.
瑞典云雀梅妲 本剧院独家表演
欧文剧院
高举旗帜!
Carrying the banner!
你认识他们 市长
You know the boys, mayor.
这是《论♥坛♥报》的班奈特先生
This is Mr. Bennett of The Tribune.
This is Mr. Bennett of The Tribune.
《时报》的泰勒先生