非常感谢你收留了她
Much obliged for you keeping her.
我马上就回来
I’ll be back first thing.
她(马)有段时间没用过了 但还是跑得很好
She ain’t been used in a while but still runs pretty good.
你带着吗?
You carrying?
散弹鸟枪
Scattergun bird shot.
我 嗯…
I, uh…
拿着我的枪
kept mine from Palmito.
我肯定你比我更需要它
Well, I’m sure you need it more than me.
还有20发子弹
Got 20 rounds, too.
我会把它还给你的
I’ll fetch it back to you.
嗯 没关系的
Mm, it won’t make no matter.
队长
Captain.
你为什么要这么做?
Why are you doing this?
约翰娜 约翰娜!
Johanna. Johanna!
现在过来 过来
Come on now. Come, come.
就剩一个袖子了 好了
Another sleeve. There we go.
好了 好吧
There we go. Okay.
好了
There we are.
来吧 现在 来吧
Come now. Come now. Come now.
这里 哦!
There. Oh!
上帝啊 你看起来真漂亮 是吧?
By the grace of God, don’t you look pretty, hmm?
你穿什么对我来说无关紧要
Makes no matter to me what you wear.
我们要在这条路上走六天
We’ll be on this road for about six days
直到我们到达达拉斯
till we make Dallas.
然后穿过德克萨斯州中部到希尔郡
Then across Central Texas to the Hill Country,
需要几个星期
it’ll be a few weeks.
当然 我们得停下来给大家读点东西
We’ll have to stop and give readings, of course.
我们得挣路费
We have to pay our way.
我会睁大眼睛 避免麻烦的
I’ll keep an eye out for trouble.
殖民者为了他们的土地而杀害印第安人
Settlers killing Indians for their land
印第安人为了夺回土地而杀害移♥民♥者
and Indians killing settlers for taking it.
我猜你知道这些
I guess you know something about that.
顺便说一下 我是基德队长
I’m Captain Kidd, by the by.
队长 队长
Captain. Captain.
你是约翰娜
You’re Johanna.
你 约翰娜
You, Johanna.
很高兴认识你
And it’s a pleasure to make your acquaintance.
别弄错我的意思!
Make no mistake.
嗯
Mm.
这是培根
This is the bacon.
我想我会做一些
I guess I’ll make some.
“请”听上去很亲切
“Please” would be nice to hear.
这就是它的用处
That’s the way it works.
那是咖啡
That is coffee.
是啊 咖啡是一种饮料 不是吗?
Yeah, coffee packs a punch, doesn’t it?
这味道是需要以后习惯的
It’s an acquired taste.
这是糖
That’s sugar.
嗯?
Hmm?
更合你的口味 是吗?
Bit more to your liking, huh?
慢点
Easy, now.
好了 够了
All right, that’s enough.
够了
That’s enough.
嘿
Hey.
看那些文字
See all those words
一行一行的打印字体?
printed in a line one after the other?
把它们拼在一起 你就有了一个故事
Put ’em all together, and you have a story.
故事
Story.
故事
Stories.
好吧 请便
Well, go right ahead.
这是我的妻子
That’s my wife.
在圣安东尼奥
Down in San Antonio.
我再去拿点水
I’m gonna get some more water.
过来帮我把这个装上车
Come here and help me load this up.
休斯顿
如果你想发财 那就去那里
If you wanna make your fortune, then that’s the place to be.
上帝看不见黑与白
God does not see black and white.
跨越我们国家的鸿沟
The divide that runs across our nation.
我们必须保持美国的完整
We must keep America whole.
德州拒绝 但我要对所有人说
Texas says no, but I say to you all,
在上帝的眼中 我们的国家
under the eyes of God, that our nation,
我们伟大的民族 必须完整!
our great nation, must be made complete!
甘尼特太太
Mrs. Gannett.
嘿 基德
Hey, Kidd.
她是你的吗?
She yours?
他们付钱让你带她回家
They paying you to take her home,
还是你出于好心才这么做的?
or you doing it out of the goodness of your heart?
不 他们没有付我钱 我刚好认识这条路
No, they’re not paying me. I just know the road.
我想要两间房♥ 但如果你们有的话
But I’ll take a pair of rooms if you have ’em.
是的 我有
Yeah, I got rooms.
谢谢你!
Thank you.
谢谢你 女士
Thank you, ma’am.
不 不
No. No.
我们不用…我们的手和手指
We don’t use our… our hands and fingers.
我们……
We…
看到这个了吗?
Look. See this?
勺子?勺子?
Spoon? Spoon?
用这个…我们就是这样吃的
This… this is how we eat.
勺子
Spoon.
还有 我们吃饭的时候不唱歌♥
And, uh, and we don’t sing.
我们不在餐桌上唱歌♥
We don’t sing at the table.
你们都在看什么?
What you all looking at?
你以前没见过小孩吃东西吗?
Ain’t you never seen a child eat before?
她叫什么名字?
What’s her name?
约翰娜
Johanna.
她一点英语也不会
She doesn’t have any English.
她说什么?
So, what does she speak?
基奥瓦语
Kiowa.
欢迎 我的朋友
你叫约翰娜
我的名字叫蝉 我不知道乔安娜
-嗯-什么?
– Mm. – What?
关注度高…她说了什么?
Wh-What… what did she say?
她说你一直叫错她的名字
She said you’ve been calling her the wrong name.
她的名字叫蝉
Her name’s Cicada.
现在是乔安娜了
Well, it’s Johanna now.
约翰娜 莱昂伯格
Johanna Leonberger.
这个男人……
This man…
他在说你的家
我没有家
我被带走时被士兵烧了
你在基奥瓦的家人呢?
全死了
她说她无家可归
She says she got no home.
基奥瓦也没有家人了
No Kiowa family, neither.
看到他的头发了吗?
You see the hair?
他们是在服丧的时候剪的
They cut it when they’re in mourning.
这孩子是个孤儿
This child is an orphan twice over.
你能告诉她我要带她去见家人
Can you tell her that I am taking her to family,
见卡斯罗维尔附近的姑姑和叔叔?
to an aunt and an uncle down near Castroville?
基德 她根本不知道那是什么意思
Kidd, she don’t got any idea what that means.
只有他们会照顾她
Well, they’re the only ones that will take her.
她没有别的地方了 没人要她
She’s got no place else. Nobody wants her.
我听说卡斯罗维尔路不好走
I hear them roads are bad Castroville way.
是啊 我听说了
Yeah, yeah, so I hear.
甘尼特先生以前常去
Mr. Gannett used to take ’em.
在他去加利福尼亚之前
Before he went to California.
也许他只是不想回来
Maybe he just didn’t want to come back.
我不知道如何照顾孩子
I do not have a clue as to the care of a child.
从来没有拥有过 也没有耐心
Never had the need nor the patience required.
她还活着 不是吗?
She’s still alive, ain’t she?
并不是不会
That’s not nothing.
公路收费吗?
Road taking its toll?
彻夜难眠
Sleeping through the night
已不是从前的样子了
isn’t what it once was.
是的