Allowed his passengers to disembark.”
别停
Don’t stop.
露丝的情报无误 街道门牌号♥等全都对
Ruth got it right. Right street, right door, everything.
我们得决定带哪些作品去
We have to decide which of my drawings we’re gonna take.
只挑最好的吧 大概六七幅
Just take the best ones. Maybe six or seven of them.
-你得帮我 -好的
– You have to help me. – Yeah, I know.
那么我们要去了
So, we’ll just go there.
下周
Next week.
我带你出去体♥检♥
I’ll take you out for lab tests,
我帮你申请一整天的外出许可
I’ll sign you out for the whole day
回来的路上去拜访夫人
and we’ll visit Madame on the way back.
我们要去做了
We’re going to do it.
我觉得应该跟你说一声
I thought you should know.
你们是要去申请吗
You’re going to apply?

Yes.
很好
Good.
夫人
Madame?
抱歉
Sorry.
我们不是故意吓您的
We didn’t mean to startle you.
我们曾是黑尔舍姆的学生
We were at Hailsham.
我叫凯茜 这是汤米
I’m Kathy. This is Tommy.
我们不是来找麻烦的
We’re not here to give you any trouble.
黑尔舍姆的学生吗
From Hailsham?
只想来和您谈谈
We just came to talk to you.
我给您带了点儿东西
And I brought you some things.
您可能会想放进画廊的一些东西
Some things you might like for your Gallery.
进来吧
Come inside.
稍等一会儿
Please, wait here.
看 是黑尔舍姆
Look, it’s Hailsham.
凯茜 是黑尔舍姆
Kathy, it’s Hailsham.
跟我记忆里的一模一样
That’s exactly how I remember it.
请坐
Please, sit down.
那么
So…
我们相爱
We’re in love.
真心相爱 禁得住鉴定的爱
And it’s true love. It’s verifiable.
禁得住鉴定的 我明白了
Verifiable. I see.
继续
Go on.

Well,
我们听说了延期的事
we’d heard about the deferrals.
也发现了设立画廊的真正目的
And we’d worked out the purpose of The Gallery.
什么目的
Tell me the purpose.
通过我们在黑尔舍姆的作品
To use our art from Hailsham
检视我们的灵魂
to look into our souls,
鉴定我们是否有资格延期
which would verify that we deserved a deferral.
但问题是
But the problem is
我当时不太明白
I was a little bit mixed up back then
都没认真创作
and I didn’t really do any art,
故您从未选中我的画
so you never took anything of mine.
我知道这是我的错
I know, I know that that is my fault
可能太晚了
and it is probably much too late,
但我今天带了些作品
but I brought some stuff with me today.
这是我的画册
This is a book of stuff and…
还有一些其他作品
Other stuff here.
有些是我最近完成的
Some of them I’ve done quite recently,
其他
and others
是前些年画的 差别挺大
were done several years ago, so there’s a real spread.
您已经有一大堆凯茜的画了
You already have a load of stuff from Kath already.
那些年她入选的作品很多…
She got loads of stuff into The Gallery over the years, didn’t…
我很遗憾
I’m sorry.
我从不知道该做什么
I never know what to do.
我来接着说吧
I’ll take it from here.
谢谢 乔治
Thank you, George.
凯茜·H和汤米·D
Kathy H and Tommy D.
我记得你们
I remember you both.
凯茜很聪明 很有创意
Kathy, a bright girl, and so creative.
汤米心胸广阔 脾气很差
And Tommy, a big heart and terrible rages.
你们要明白
You have to understand,
黑尔舍姆是最后一个考虑伦理的地方
Hailsham was the last place to consider the ethics of donation.
我们让你们通过艺术展现自身能力
We used your art to show what you were capable of.
证明克隆人也是人类
To show that donor children are all but human.
但我们却是在给一个根本无人问津
But we were providing an answer
的问题提供答案
to a question no one was asking.
如果要让人们重新回到黑暗
If you ask people to return to darkness,
挣扎在肺癌 乳腺癌
the days of lung cancer,
运动神经元疾病的痛苦之中
breast cancer, motor neurone disease,
他们一定不同意
they’ll simply say no.
以前每年都有两到三对情侣过来
We used to get two or three couples like you a year.
最近少了
Not so much these days.
这么久以来 你们是第一对
You’re the first for quite a while.
来申请延期吗
To apply for a deferral?
汤米 没有什么延期
There are no deferrals, Tommy.
根本没有延期这回事 从来没有
There are no deferrals. And there never have been.
画廊不是要鉴定你们的灵魂
We didn’t have The Gallery in order to look into your souls.
而是为了看你们是否有灵魂
We had The Gallery to see if you had souls at all.
明白吗
Do you understand?

Yes.
画真的很棒
Your drawings are very good.
如果你愿意 我可以收下
If you want, I’ll keep them.
谢谢您和我们聊天
Thank you for talking to us.
可怜的生物
You poor creatures.
我也希望能帮你们
I wish I could help you.
抱歉 能停一下吗 我想出去
Sorry, can we stop for a second? I need to get out.
汤米走了两周了
It’s been two weeks since I lost him.
我也接到通知
I’ve been given my notice now.
一个月后我要进行第一次捐献
My first donation is in a month’s time.
我来到这里 想象童年消逝后
I come here and imagine that this is the spot
所有遗失的美好都在这里堆积
where everything I’ve lost since my childhood has washed up.
我告诉自己 如果真是这样
I tell myself if that were true,
我又等得够久
and I waited long enough,
远方地平线上就会出现一个小小的身影
then a tiny figure would appear on the horizon across the field
并逐渐变大 终于我发现那是汤米
and gradually get larger until I’d see it was Tommy.
他会向我招手
He’d wave
可能还呼唤着我的名字
and maybe call.
我就不再奢望更多了
I don’t let the fantasy go beyond that.
不能再幻想下去了
I can’t let it.
我告诉自己
I remind myself
能和他拥有一段美好时光已经很幸运了
I was lucky to have had any time with him at all.
我不确定的是
What I’m not sure about
我们的生命
is if our lives have been so
同我们所救的人真的有天壤之别吗
different from the lives of the people we save.
我们都终结了
We all complete.
或许我们中都没有人真正了解自己的遭遇
Maybe none of us really understand what we’ve lived through
或觉得自己有充足的生命
or feel we’ve had enough time.
当我们散落在天涯
When we are scattered afar and asunder
今日共歌♥之人各奔东西
Parted are those who are singing today
当我们蓦然回首 不禁忆起
When we look back and forgetfully wonder
学习玩耍时的模样
What we were like in our learning and play
美好的日子将拉近彼此的距离
Oh, the great days will bring distance enchanted
阳光雨露下的清新岁月
Days of fresh air in the rain and the sun
我们嬉戏游耍 兴高采烈
How we rejoiced as we struggled and panted
梦境的回声中 黑尔舍姆永存
Echoes of dreamland, Hailsham lives on

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!