别让我走
1952年 医学突飞猛进
从前无药可救的病人
医生现在也可以妙手回春
到1967年 预期寿命已超过百岁
我叫凯茜·H
My name is Kathy H.
今年二十八岁
I’m 28 years old.
我做看护已经九年了
I’ve been a carer for nine years.
我做得很出色
And I’m good at my job.
我看护的病人的表现总好于预期
My patients always do better than expected
极少有人被归为情绪不稳
and are hardly ever classified as agitated,
即使他们马上要捐献器官了
even if they’re about to make a donation.
我并非自吹自擂
I’m not trying to boast,
我很为我们所做的事而骄傲
but I feel a great sense of pride in what we do.
看护和捐献者贡献良多
Carers and donors have achieved so much,
但我们不是机器
that said, we aren’t machines.
最终你只感到精疲力尽
In the end, it wears you down.
大概这就是为什么
I suppose that’s why I now
我很少展望未来
spend most of my time not looking forwards
而总是回首过往
but looking back,
回忆在农舍小屋和黑尔舍姆时
to The Cottages and Hailsham,
发生在我们身上的往事
and what happened to us there.

Me,
汤米
Tommy,
和露丝
and Ruth.
1978年 黑尔舍姆
当我们散落在天涯
When we are scattered afar and asunder
今日共歌♥之人各奔东西
Parted are those who are singing today
当我们蓦然回首 不禁忆起
When we look back and forgetfully wonder
学习玩耍时的模样
What we were like in our learning and play
美好时光将拉近彼此的距离
Oh, the great days will bring distance enchanted
阳光雨露下的清新岁月
Days of fresh air in the rain and the sun
我们嬉戏游耍 兴高采烈
How we rejoiced as we struggled and panted
梦境的回声中 黑尔舍姆永存
Echoes of dreamland, Hailsham lives on
同学们早上好
Good morning, students.
艾米莉小姐早上好
Good morning, Miss Emily.
我最近得知
It has come to my attention
有三支吸过的烟头被发现
that three burned cigarettes were discovered,
藏在花♥园♥一个花钵的后面
hidden behind a pot in the flower garden.
我知道 学生偶尔看见过
I know that on occasion students have seen
一些杂工和邮递员吸烟
some of the caretakers and deliverymen smoking cigarettes,
但我要再次强调
but I must emphasize, once again,
相比其他人
that it is much, much worse
黑尔舍姆的学生吸烟要恶劣得多
for a student of Hailsham to smoke cigarettes than anyone else.
黑尔舍姆的学生很特别
Students of Hailsham are special.
保持自己的身心健康
Keeping yourselves well, keeping yourselves healthy inside,
是你们的最高要务
is of paramount importance.
听清楚了吗
Have I made myself clear?
是 艾米莉小姐
Yes, Miss Emily.
我想有一天 我要有五匹马
I think, one day, I’d like five horses.
它们的名字我还没全部想好
I don’t know all their names,
但我知道要五匹
but I know I’d like five horses.
最棒的那匹叫迅雷
The best would be Thunder.
骑它很危险 所以你骑不了它
He’d be dangerous to ride, so you can’t ride him.
你可以骑
You can ride
黑莓木
Bramble.
只要你别用短马鞭
Just so long as you don’t use your crop on him.
真漂亮
That’s pretty.
送给你
You have it.
看那边 和艾米莉小姐在一起的是谁
Look. Who’s that with Miss Emily?
你觉得会是新来的学监吗
Do you think it’s the new guardian?
露茜小姐
Miss Lucy.
我觉着肯定是她
I think it must be.
我们这儿很久没来新学监了
We haven’t had a new guardian for ages.
亚瑟 亚瑟
Arthur! Arthur!
接住球 汤米
Catch it, Tommy.
汤米为什么不去捡球
Why didn’t Tommy get the ball?
您说什么 露茜小姐
Excuse me, Miss Lucy?
汤米为什么不去捡球
Why didn’t Tommy get the ball?
球只跃过了栅栏
When it bounced over the fence,
离他又不远
it couldn’t have been far from him.
栅栏是黑尔舍姆操场的边界
The fence is the boundary of the Hailsham grounds.
我们不能越界 露茜小姐
We don’t go outside the boundary, Miss Lucy.
那边太危险了
It’s too dangerous.
危险
Dangerous?
以前有个男孩跟他的伙伴们大吵了一架
There was once a boy who had a big row with all his friends
然后他跑到了边界外边
and then ran off beyond the boundary.
两天后 他们在树林里找到了他
They found him, two days later, in the woods,
被绑在树上
tied to a tree.
手脚都被砍掉了
With his hands and feet cut off.
死了
Dead.
还有一个女孩翻过了
And there was the girl who climbed over the fence,
正门旁的栅栏
by the front gate.
等她想回来时 她不被准许进来
And when she tried to get back, she wasn’t allowed.
她最后就在大门旁边饿死了
And then she starved. Out there. Right by the gates.
谁给你们讲的这些故事
Who told you these stories?
尽人皆知
Everybody knows them.
你怎么知道故事是真的呢
And how do you know they’re true?
它们当然是真的
Of course they’re true.
谁会编造这么恐怖的故事呢
Who’d make up stories as horrible as that?
汤米 你在做什么
Tommy, what are you doing?
这到底是什么
What is it, exactly?
我觉得肯定是条狗
I think it must be a dog.
这是狗吗 汤米
Is it a dog, Tommy?
肯定不是狗 它眼睛太小了
It can’t be a dog. Its eyes are too small.
我觉得它肯定是只老鼠
I think it must be a kind of rat.
对的 就是老鼠 汤米画了一只老鼠
Yes, that’s it. Tommy’s drawn a rat.
我还没画完
It’s not finished yet.
没错 你还没画它的胡须呢
That’s right. You haven’t finished the whiskers.
你说汤米的老鼠会不会被选送到画廊呢
Do you think Tommy’s rat will be selected for The Gallery?
这不是老鼠
It’s not a rat.
是大象
It’s an elephant.
孩子们 归座继续画
Children, back to work.
他穿那件衬衫了 他最喜欢的马球衫
He’s got his shirt on. His favorite polo shirt.
他完全没有察觉到
He really doesn’t suspect a thing.
看来没有人想和你玩 汤米
Looks like no one wants you, Tommy.
他在干什么
What’s he doing?
是他自找的
It’s his own fault.
如果他能学会冷静 别人就不会惹他了
If he learnt to keep his cool, they’d leave him alone.
我恨你们 我恨你们所有人
I hate you! I hate you all!
凯茜 别 别过去
Kath… No, don’t!
你不该…
You shouldn’t have…
凯茜·H
Kathy H.
这是怎么搞的
What’s this from?
我不记得了
I don’t remember.
医生
Doctor?
没事 只是一点擦伤
It’s nothing. Just a bruise.
你好
Hello.
我叫凯茜 凯茜·H
Kathy. Kathy H.
好的 凯茜·H
Of course. Kathy H.
进来吧
Come in.
我能帮你做什么吗
So what can I do for you?
我想知道您之前在操场上
I was wondering what you said to Tommy.
对汤米说了些什么
Out on the playing fields.
我明白了
I see. Oh.
我说了些什么呢
So what did I say?
我只是想让他冷静下来
I believe I was trying to calm him down.
他看起来很沮丧
Because he seemed upset.
他说他总是在体育和美术上被取笑
He explained he was often teased about sport and art,
我就跟他说不要为这种事生气
so I told him he shouldn’t get upset about these things.
其他人就是想嘲笑他 等着看他这样
The other children are only teasing him to get a reaction.
如果他恰好
And if it happens that
不很擅长体育和美术
he’s not particularly good at sport or art,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!