He returned to the Vienna.
第二次录影开始 提示霍华德
Take two, cue Howard.
我不需要告诉你们事情很糟糕
I don’t have to tell you things are bad,
因为所有人都知道
everybody knows things are bad.
现在是个萧条期
It’s a depression.
每个人都失业 或者说战战兢兢的怕失业
Everybody’s out of work or scared of losing their job.
1块钱就像过去的5分钱 银行都完蛋了
The dollar buys a nickel’s worth. Banks are going bust.
售货员带着枪站柜台
Shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter.
满街都是朋克
Punks are running wild in the streets.
没有人知道能做些什么
There’s nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do,
这种生活似乎看不到头
and there’s no end to it.
我们知道空气不适宜呼吸
We know the air is unfit to breathe
也知道我们的食物不适宜吃
and our food is unfit to eat.
我们坐着看电视 听某些新闻播音员告诉我们
We sit watching our TVs while some local newscaster tells us
今天我们有15起杀人事件和63起暴♥力♥事件发生
that today we had 15 homicides and 63 violent crimes
就好像这是应该的一样
as if that’s the way it’s supposed to be.
我们知道事情很糟糕 比糟糕更糟糕 应该说都疯了
We know things are bad. Worse than bad, they’re crazy.
所有事情所有地方都疯了 所以我们哪儿也不去
Everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don’t go out anymore.
我们坐在家里
We sit in the house
慢慢地我们生活的这个世界变得越来越小
and the world we’re living in is getting smaller
我们只能说 求你了
and all we say is, “Please,
至少让我们 在自己家里可以一个人呆着吧
at least leave us alone in our living rooms.
让我可以吃烤面包 可以看电视
Let me have my toaster and my TV,
可以给我的车配上钢制辐板
and my steel-belted radials
我就满足了 就让我一个人呆着就好了
and I won’t say anything. Just leave us alone!”
我不会让你一个人呆着 我就是要让你发疯
Well, I’m not gonna leave you alone. I want you to get mad!
我不允许你抗♥议♥或是暴♥动♥
I don’t want you to protest, to riot.
不要给你们的众议员写信 我不知道告诉你们些什么
Don’t write to your congressmen. I wouldn’t know what to tell you.
我不知道对于萧条通货膨胀
I don’t know what to do about the depression
苏联人街上的犯罪事件 能做些什么
and the Russians, and the crime in the street.
我只知道首先你们得疯掉
All I know is that first, you’ve got to get mad.
你们会说 我是个人 真该死
You’ve got to say, “I’m a human being, god damn it.
我的生活是有意义的
My life has value.”
所以 我要你现在就站起来
So I want you to get up now.
我希望你们所有人 都从椅子上站起来
I want all of you to get up out of your chairs.
我希望你们每个人现在都站起来 走到窗户跟前
I want you to get up right now and go to the window
打开窗户 把头探出去喊
open it and stick your head out and yell:
我已经疯了 再也受不了这样下去了
“I’m as mad as hell and I’m not gonna take this anymore!”
我希望你们现在就站起来
I want you to get up right now, get up.
跟着他 一起来 走到窗户前
Stay with him. go to your windows,
打开它们 把头探出去喊
open them and stick your head out and yell:
我已经疯了 再也受不了这样下去了
“I’m as mad as hell and I’m not going to take this anymore!”
-多少家电视台现在在直播 -67家
-How many stations does this go to? -Sixty-seven.
我再也受不了这样下去了
“We’re not going to take this!”
然后我们就会发现我们找到了
Then we’ll figure out
对付萧条和石油危机的办法
the depression and the inflation and the oil crisis,
第一 从你的椅子上站起来
but first get up out of your chairs
打开窗户 把头探出去喊
open the window, stick your head out and yell and say it!
我已经疯了
“I’m as mad as hell
再也受不了这样下去了
and I’m not gonna take this anymore!”
-谁的电♥话♥ -亚特兰大来的
-Who are you talking to, Herb? -WCGG, Atlanta.
他们在亚特兰大喊了吗
hey yelling in Atlanta?
但是首先你们得疯掉
But first you’ve got to get mad.
你们得说 我已经疯了 再也受不了这样下去了
You’ve gotta say: “I’m mad as hell and I’m not going to take this anymore!”
他们在巴吞鲁日厂里大喊
They’re yelling in Baton Rouge.
站起来 从椅子上站起来
Get up, get up out of your chairs.
靠 我们挖到宝了
Son of a bitch, we struck the mother lode!
把头探出窗户 不停地喊
Stick your head out of the window, and keep yelling and yell:
我已经疯了
“I’m as mad as hell.
再也受不了这样下去了
I’m not gonna take this anymore!”
就只要从椅子上站起来 走到窗边
Just get up from your chairs, right now, go to the window!
-你去哪里 -我想去看看有没有人在喊
-Where you going? -I wanna see if anybody’s yelling.
打开窗户 把头探出去
Open it, and stick your head out,
喊 不住地喊
and yell, and keep yelling
我已经疯了
I’m as mad as hell
再也受不了这样下去了
and I’m not gonna take it anymore!
我已经疯了 再也受不了这样下去了
I’m as mad as hell and I’m not gonna take it anymore.
我已经疯了 再也受不了这样下去了
I’m as mad as hell and I’m not gonna take it anymore.
我已经疯了 再也受不了这样下去了
I’m as mad as hell and I’m not gonna take it anymore.
我已经疯了 再也受不了这样下去了
I’m as mad as hell and I’m not gonna take it anymore.
我已经疯了 再也受不了这样下去了
I’m not gonna take it anymore. I’m mad as hell!
我已经疯了 再也受不了这样下去了
I’m not gonna take it anymore. I’m mad as hell!
我已经疯了 再也受不了这样下去了
I’m not gonna take it anymore. I’m mad as hell!
到十月中旬
By mid-October
《霍华德·比厄秀》的收视率已经固定在42%左右了
the Howard Beale Show had settled in on a 42 share
比其他所有电视公♥司♥的新闻节目的收视率总和还要高
more than equaling all the other network news shows combined.
尼尔森收视指数显示《霍华德·比厄秀》
In the Nielsen ratings, the Howard Beale Show
在本月”四大最高收视节目”中排名第四
was listed as the fourth highest rated show of the month
在它前面的只有电视剧《无敌金刚》《四海一家》
surpassed only by The Six Million Dollar Man
和《菲利斯》
All in the Family and Phyllis.
这对于电视新闻节目来说是非比寻常的
A phenomenal state of affairs for a news show.
10月15日 戴安娜·克里斯滕森飞抵洛杉矶
And on October 15, Diana Christensen flew to Los Angeles
其此行目的是和她西海岸的制片负责人开一个会
for what the trade calls powwows and confabs with our West Coast programming execs
同行们把这次会议称为”巫师的会议”
and to get production rolling on the shows
以及立即开始着手 准备下一季的节目
for the coming season. Christ.
老天 你把威廉姆·莫利斯的西海岸
You brought half the William Morris West Coast
工作室差不多一半的人都带来了吧
office along with you.
我是戴安娜·克里斯滕森
Hi, I’m Diana Christensen,
帝♥国♥主♥义♥统治圈里种族主义者的跟班的
a racist lackey of the imperialist ruling circles.
我是劳伦·霍布斯 共♥产♥主义的坏透了的黑人
I’m Laureen Hobbs, a bad-ass commie nigger.
听上去会是友谊的坚实基础
Sounds like the basis of a firm friendship.
我们需要更多椅子 -有人要咖啡吗
-We’re gonna need more chairs. -Anybody want coffee?
我要
I’d love some.
这是我的律师山姆·海伍德
This is my lawyer, Sam Haywood,
这是他的同事梅里尔·格兰特
and his associate, Merrill Grant.
克里斯滕森小姐 到底怎么了
Ms. Christensen, just what the hell’s this all about?
因为 一个这里的蠢才
Because when a national television network
代表一个国家电视台走过来跟我说
in the person of booby here, comes to me
他们想要把受压♥迫♥群众 正在进行的抗争
and says they want to put the ongoing struggle of the oppressed masses
放到黄金时间播出
on prime-time television,
我不得不说我看不起这事儿
I have to regard this askance.
海伍德先生跟我们的客户 霍布斯小姐谈过了
What Mr. Haywood was saying, Ms. Christensen, was that our client
她坦率地说希望节目的政♥治♥内容方面
Ms. Hobbs, wants it up-front that the political content of the show
由她说了算
has to be entirely in her control.
这没问题 我对政♥治♥内容毫不在乎
She can have it. I don’t give a damn about the political content.
那这是个什么节目
What kind of show did you have in mind?
我感兴趣的是基于”普世解♥放♥军♥”
I’m interested in a weekly dramatic series
做一个每周播出的刺♥激♥的系列节目
based on the Ecumenical Liberation Army.
第一♥期♥做成一个两小时的特别节目
And I’ll tell you right now what the first show
专门说玛丽·安·吉福德
has to be: a special on Mary Ann Gifford.
让我告诉你们我想要什么
Let me tell you what I want.
我需要更多像上次”普世解♥放♥军♥”
I want a lot more film
自己提供的抢银行的录影带
like the bank rip-off the Ecumenical sent in.
我是这么想这个节目的
The way I see the series is
每周 我们用一个政♥治♥恐怖组织
each week we open with an authentic act of political terrorism
在现场录制的真实行动的录相开头
taken on the spot, in the actual moment.
然后 讲述这段录像背后的故事
Then we go to the drama behind the opening film footage.
那是你的工作了 霍布斯小姐
That’s your job, Ms. Hobbs.
你得让”普世解♥放♥军♥” 给我们提供录相带
You gotta get the Ecumenicals to bring in that film footage for us.
公♥司♥做不了这事儿
The network can’t deal with them directly.
他们想做 可是找不到
They are, after all, wanted criminals.
“普世解♥放♥军♥”是一个极左的组织
The Ecumenical Liberation Army is an ultra-left sect
用疯狂的暴♥力♥和假的叛乱
creating political confusion
制♥造♥政♥治♥恐慌
with wildcat violence and pseudo-insurrectionary acts
这些共♥产♥党是不会做的
which the Communist Party does not endorse.
美国民众对公开的叛乱 还没有准备好
The American masses are not yet ready for open revolt.
我们不想做这样的节目
We would not want to produce a television show
为历史上误入歧途的恐♥怖♥主♥义♥庆功
celebrating historically deviational terrorism.
我给你提供每周一小时的黄金时间
I’m offering an hour of prime-time television every week
你想做任何宣传都可以
into which you can stick whatever propaganda.
“普世解♥放♥军♥”是一伙无纪律的极左的乌合之众

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!