Listen to me, goddamn it.
阿♥拉♥伯人现在正在把我们买♥♥下来
The Arabs are simply buying us.
只有一种力量能使他们停下来 就是你们
There’s only one thing that can stop them. You!
你们
You!
所以我希望你们现在站起来
So I want you to get up now.
从你们的椅子上站起来
I want you to get up out of your chairs.
现在就站起来走到电♥话♥跟前
I want you to get up right now and go to the phone.
我希望你们从椅子上站起来 走到电♥话♥跟前
I want you to get up from your chairs, go to the phone, get in your cars
钻进汽车 开到当地的西联公♥司♥
drive into the Western Union offices in town.
我希望你们给白宫发一份电报
I want you to send a telegram to the White House.
-哦 老天 -到今晚午夜时分
-Oh, my God. -By midnight tonight
我希望白宫能收到100万份电报
I want a million telegrams in the White House.
我希望白宫里的人得趟着过膝的电报走路
I want them wading knee-deep in telegrams at the White House.
我希望你们现在就站起来 给福特总统发一封电报
I want you to get up right now and write a telegram to President Ford saying:
告诉他我已经疯了 再也受不了这样下去了
“I’m as mad as hell and I’m not gonna take this anymore.
我不希望银行把我们的国家卖♥♥给阿♥拉♥伯人
I don’t want the banks selling my country to the Arabs.
我希望美国通讯公♥司♥的交易马上停止
I want the CCA deal stopped now.
我希望美国通讯公♥司♥的交易马上停止
I want the CCA deal stopped now.
一起来 我希望美国通讯公♥司♥的交易马上停止
Come on. I want the CCA deal stopped now!
我希望美国通讯公♥司♥的交易马上停止
I want the CCA deal stopped now!
我希望美国通讯公♥司♥的交易马上停止
I want the CCA deal stopped now!
我希望美国通讯公♥司♥的交易马上停止
I want the CCA deal stopped now!
我希望美国通讯公♥司♥的交易马上停止
I want the CCA deal stopped now!
-你们能出去一下吗 -当然可以
-Look, could we have the room? -Sure.
我想看看这个的打印底稿 然后再多排练几次
Well, I’d like to see a typescript and run through a couple more times.
但是关于美国通讯公♥司♥与沙特交易这整件事
But as for this whole CCA deal with the Saudis
弗兰克 你比我知道得多
you’d know a lot more about that, Frank, than I would.
是真的吗
Is it true?
美国通讯公♥司♥找沙特贷款了20亿
The CCA has 2 billion in loans with the Saudis
我们所有的都抵押给它了
and they hold every pledge we’ve got.
我们十分需要沙特人的钱
We need that Saudi money bad.
灾难啊 这节目一播大祸临头了
Disaster. The show is a disaster.
灭顶之灾啊 已经听到丧钟报丧了
Unmitigated disaster. The death knell.
我毁了 我死了 我完了
I’m ruined. I’m dead. Finished.
也许我们夸大了比厄的公众影响力呢
Maybe we’re overstating Beale’s clout with the public.
一小时之前
An hour ago,
克莱伦斯·麦克尔赫尼从纽约给我打来电♥话♥
Clarence McElheny called me from New York.
现在是东部时间10点
It was 10:00 in the east
我们的人在白宫报道
and our people in the White House report
他们已经得趟着过膝的电报走路了
they were already knee-deep in telegrams.
到明天早上 电报会把他们闷死的
By tomorrow morning, they’ll be suffocating in telegrams.
政♥府♥能阻止这个交易吗
Can the government stop the deal?
他们可以让交易延期
They can hold it up.
证券交易委员会 如果愿意的话 可以拖二十年
The SEC could hold this deal up for 20 years, if they wanted to.
我完了
I’m finished.
只要电♥话♥铃一响 就肯定是克莱伦斯·麦克尔赫尼
Any second that phone’s gonna ring and Clarence McElheny is gonna tell me
告诉我杰森先生 让我明早到他的办公室去
Mr. Jensen wants me in his office tomorrow morning
然后他可以亲手把我的脑袋给剁下来
so he can personally chop my head off.
四小时前 我还是美国通讯公♥司♥的太阳神
Four hours ago, I was the sun god at CCA.
杰森先生亲点的金童 明摆着的继承人
Mr. Jensen’s hand-picked golden boy, the heir apparent.
现在我就成了失业大军里的一员了
Now, ha, ha, I’m a man without a corporation.
我们去找霍华德·比厄
Let’s get back to Howard Beale.
你不是真的想停播比厄的节目吧
You’re not seriously gonna pull Beale off the air?
杰森先生不喜欢霍华德·比厄 他希望他的节目停下来
Mr. Jensen’s unhappy with Howard Beale and wants him discontinued.
他可能是不喜欢 但他也不会蠢到
But he may be unhappy, but he isn’t stupid enough
因为呕气就撤掉收视第一的节目
to withdraw the number-one show on television out of pique.
20亿美元可不是什么呕气 是上帝都生气了
Two billion dollars isn’t pique! That’s the wrath of God!
上帝生气了 要把霍华德·比厄炒了
And the wrath of God wants Howard Beale fired!
为什么要这么做 别的电视公♥司♥都在挖墙角
Every other network will grab him the minute he walks.
他将会去美国广播公♥司♥
He’ll be back on the air for ABC and we’ll lose 20 points
我要用一根尖尖的棍子钉进这个畜牲的心脏
I’m gonna impale the son of a bitch with a sharp stick!
我们将会减少4000万的收入
Forty million loss in revenues. I’ll take out a contract.
我要让他丢掉他的饭碗 我要雇一个职业杀手
-Let’s not discount federal action. -I’ll hire professional killers.
不 我自己去
No, I’ll do it myself.
我要用一根窗绳勒死他 天哪
I’ll strangle him with a sash cord! and a breach of the consent decree.
我想杰森谁也不会解雇
I don’t think Jensen’s gonna fire anybody.
是的 克莱伦斯 我已经订好机票了
Yes, Clarence. I’ve already booked my flight.
你能多给我一点时间吗
Uh, well, can you give me a little more time than that?
我订的是夜班飞机
I’ve got the red-eye flight,
我明天早晨6点到纽约
I won’t be back in New York till 6 tomorrow morning.
那就好
That’ll be just fine.
到时候见
I’ll see you then.
杰森先生说要亲自见霍华德·比厄
Mr. Jensen wants to meet Howard Beale personally.
他希望比厄先生明早10点到他的办公室
He wants Mr. Beale in his office at 10:00 tomorrow morning.
最终的启示即将到来了
The final revelation is at hand.
我看见了终极的澄净 四面八方的传播开来
I have seen the shattering fulgurations of ultimate clarity.
光明即将到来 我可以为它作证
The light is impending. I bear witness to the light!
早上好 比厄先生 他们说你是个疯子
Good morning, Mr. Beale. They tell me you’re a madman.
只是离奇而已
Only desultorily.
-你怎么样 -我疯了
-How are you now? -I’m as mad as a hatter.
谁没疯呢
Who isn’t?
你跟我去会议室
I’m going to take you into our conference room.
那里似乎更合适聊我想跟你聊的
Seems more seemly a setting for what I have to say to you.
我最初是个推销员
I started as a salesman, Mr. Beale.
我卖♥♥过缝纫机 汽车配件
I sold sewing machines and automobile parts
毛刷和电子设备
hairbrushes and electronic equipment.
他们说我什么都卖♥♥过
They say I can sell anything.
我想也卖♥♥点东西给你们
I’d like to try to sell something to you.
北欧神 比厄先生
Valhalla, Mr. Beale.
请坐
Please, sit down.
你有自然界的原始力量 比厄先生
You have meddled with the primal forces of nature, Mr. Beale.
而我没有 听明白了吧
And I won’t have it! Is that clear?
你以为你仅仅只是阻止了一次交易
You think you’ve merely stopped a business deal.
事实却不是这样
That is not the case.
阿♥拉♥伯人是从这个国家拿走了数十亿美金
The Arabs have taken billions of dollars out of this country
现在他们必定要还回来
and now they must put it back!
这是潮涨潮落重力潮汐 是生态平衡
It is ebb and flow, tidal gravity, it is ecological balance.
你是一个从国家民族的角度
You are an old man
去想问题的老人
who thinks in terms of nations and peoples.
没有国家 也没有民族
There are no nations, there are no peoples.
没有苏联人 没有阿♥拉♥伯人
There are no Russians. There are no Arabs.
没有第三世界 没有西方世界
There are no Third Worlds. There is no West!
只有由各个系统组成的一个整体系统
There is only one holistic system of systems.
一个巨大的无限的交织的相互影响的
One vast and immane interwoven, interacting, multi-variate
多种变形的 多个国家的 美元的天下
multinational dominion of dollars.
石油美元 电镀美元 多种美元
Petrol dollars, electro-dollars, multi-dollars.
马克 日元 卢布 英镑 还有锡克尔
Reichsmarks, rins, rubles, pounds and shekels.
这个国际的货币系统
It is the international system of currency
决定着这个星球的全部生活
which determines the totality of life on this planet.
这才是今天万事万物的自然法则
That is the natural order of things today.
这才是今天银河系里
That is the atomic
万事万物的
and subatomic
原子次原子结构
and galactic structure of things today.
而你拥有自然界
And you have meddled
最原始的力量
with the primal forces of nature!
你可以做出补偿
And you will atone.
我让你听明白了吗
Am I getting it through to you, Mr. Beale?
你在你21寸的荧屏前
You get up on your little 21-inch screen
站起来呼喊着美国和民♥主♥
and howl about America and democracy.
没有美国 没有民♥主♥
There is no America. There is no democracy.
只有国际商用机器公♥司♥和国际电♥话♥电♥信♥公♥司♥
There is only IBM and ITT
电报电♥话♥公♥司♥
and AT&T
杜邦财团 陶氏化工公♥司♥ 联合碳化物公♥司♥
and Dupont, Dow, Union Carbide,
还有埃克森
and Exxon,
这些才是构成今天这个世界的”国家”
Those are the nations of the world today.
你认为苏联人在开行政会议的时候说些什么
What do you think the Russians talk about in their councils of state?
卡尔·马♥克♥思♥
Karl Marx?
他们会拿出他们的线性规划表
They get out their linear programming charts
统计决策理论极小极大解法
statistical decision theories, minimax solutions
计算他们交易和投资的报酬成本的比值是多少
and compute price-cost probabilities of transactions and investments
就像我们一样

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!