你到底在说什么疯话 贝蒂
What on earth are you talking about, Betty?
凯特 伍迪花光所有钱买♥♥酒喝的时候
Now, Kate, you know we helped you and Woody out
我们资助过你们 这你总记得
when he was drinking up everything he earned.
你跟我一样心知肚明 事实可不是这样
You know as well as I do it was the other way around.
你总是让他给你免费修车
You were always having him work on your cars for free,
免费加油
getting free gas.
凯特婶婶 我们要的并不多
Aunt Kate, we’re not asking for much.
象征性地要一点而已
Just a token.
我有记录
I kept records.
你给他的钱
The money you gave him
要比你欠他的钱少得多
didn’t come close to what you owed.
他从来不懂拒绝
He couldn’t say “No” to anybody,
就是这一点毁了他
and it ruined him.
凯特 你是不是老糊涂了
I think you’re having a senior moment, here, Kate.
你当年脑子一热
Just where do you think that money come from
就搬去比林斯开♥发♥廊
when you got a bee in your bonnet
你以为那钱是哪儿来的
to move up to Billings and open up that salon?
我父母去世的时候留给我的
From my folks when they croaked, that’s where!
你们这帮人真是疯了
I don’t believe the nerve of you people.
就算是秃鹫
Usually a person has to die
也得等人死了再分食尸体
before the vultures start circling.
凯蒂婶婶 别激动 我们没别的意思
Calm down, Aunt Katie. We didn’t mean nothing by it.
我们只是出于礼貌
We was just doing you a courtesy
才在跟伍迪直接商量之前知会你一声
before we go talk to Woody direct.
向那穷老头子要钱
Don’t you dare think about
你们想都别想
asking that poor man for money.
他可不穷 他富着呢
He ain’t poor. He’s rich.
就算他很有钱
Even if he was,
也不会施舍你们一分的
he wouldn’t give you a blessed penny.
我就把话撂这儿了
I’d put my foot down!
凯特婶婶 恐怕你说了不算
Maybe it ain’t up to you, Aunt Kate.
够了
That’s enough.
你们给我听好
You listen real good.
你们都去死吧
You can all just go fuck yourselves!
孩子们 叫你♥爸♥走
Boys, get your dad.
怎么样 老头子
What do you think, old man?
看起来和以前一样
Looks about the same.
确实
That’s true.
你妈在的时候就是这个样子
This is about how your mother kept it.
我爸建的这所房♥子
My dad built this place.
是吗
Really?
等等 你的意思是他自己修的
Wait. You don’t mean, by himself?
是的 在我还没出生的时候
Yeah. Before I was born.
他的兄弟们帮过忙
His brothers helped.
可以了 可以了
I got it, I got it.
这以前是我的房♥间
This was my room.
伍迪的哥哥戴维就死在那儿
That’s where Woody’s brother David died.
你还记得吗 爸爸
Do you remember that, Dad?
我当时在场
I was there.
这里是我父母的房♥间
This was my parents’ room.
要是他们发现我在这里 就会揍我
I’d get whipped if they found me in here.
现在该不会再有人揍我了
I guess nobody’s gonna whip me now.
谷仓还在
The barn is still standing.
看够了吗
Have you seen enough?
差不多
I suppose.
只不过是些老树和杂草罢了
It’s just a bunch of old wood and some weeds.
你有想过要一个农场吗 像爷爷一样
Did you ever want a farm like your dad?
我不记得了
I don’t remember.
而且也不重要了
And it doesn’t matter.
这不是欧哈拉家的农场嘛
Oh, there’s the O’Hara farm.
女主人已经死了
She’s dead.
她老公在瓦伦汀的养老院里
He’s in a nursing home in Valentine.
他们生的一个小崽子还住在那儿
And one of their little brats still lives there.
看啊 右边是艾德·佩格莱姆家
Oh, and there’s Ed Pegram’s place on the right.
你要干什么
What are you doing?
行动吧
Let’s do it.
反正都到这儿了
We’re right here.
你们俩孩子想什么呢
What are you boys up to now?
爸 想不想看看
Hey, Dad, don’t you want to see
你的压缩机还在不在他那儿
if he still has your compressor?
你俩别犯傻了好吗
Will you two knock off this foolishness?
爸 你终于把压缩机拿回来了
Hey, Dad, you finally got your compressor back.
那不是我的压缩机
That’s not my compressor.
当然是你的
Sure it is.
我的和这个一点都不像
Mine didn’t look anything like that.
它必须是你的
It… It has to be yours.
艾德·佩格莱姆谷仓里的旧压缩机
It’s an old compressor we found
还能是谁的
in Ed Pegram’s barn.
那不是艾德的谷仓
That wasn’t Ed’s barn.
你说什么
What are you talking about?
那是维斯滕多夫家
That’s the Westendorf place.
没错
Oh, that’s right.
没错 是维斯滕多夫家
Right, the Westendorfs.
佩格莱姆家离镇里更近一点
The Pegrams live closer to town.
我弄混了
Oh, I got confused.
艾德和他老婆桃乐茜
Ed and his wife Dorothy.
天啊 她真是头蠢猪
God, what a pig she was.
你不说说维斯滕多夫家的坏话吗
Anything you want to say about the Westendorfs?
不 他们是好人
No, they’re good folks.
他们历经艰辛
They had some tough times.
孩子死了
They lost a child,
又差点破产
almost went broke,
但他们努力工作 保住了农场
but they worked hard and saved the farm.
维斯滕多夫家真是社会楷模
Salt of the Earth, the Westendorfs.
你们不该这样对他们
They really didn’t deserve what you boys did to them.
爸 你干嘛不说那不是艾德家
Dad, why didn’t you tell us that wasn’t Ed’s house?
我没弄清你们俩想干嘛
I didn’t know what the hell you were doing.
你以前见过我们偷机器吗
Have you ever seen us steal machinery before?
我从来都搞不懂你们想做啥
Well, I never know what you boys are up to.
那你干嘛不说压缩机不是你的
Well, why didn’t you say it wasn’t yours?
我以为是你们想要呢
I thought you wanted it.
我们干嘛要一个破压缩机
What do we want an old compressor for?
我也纳闷呢
That’s what I couldn’t figure out.
你好啊 乔治
Hi, George.
你好 珍
Hi, Jean.
记得我们吗 凯特和伍迪·格兰特
Remember us? Kate and Woody Grant?
当然了 你们还好吗
Oh, sure. How you doing?
很好
Just fine.
我们刚好路过 就想来打个招呼
We were passing by and thought we’d stop in.
已经好久没回霍桑了
Haven’t been in Hawthorne for a long time.
你俩在后座干啥呢
Well, what are you doing in the back seat?
我们在后面休息 等你们回来呢
We were just resting back here until you showed up.
想进来坐坐吗
You want to come in for a visit?
抱歉 我们只有空打个招呼就得走了
Sorry, we just have time to say hi and get going.
你好啊 伍迪 怎么样啊
Hi there, Woody. How you doing?
挺好 乔治 你呢
Good, George. How about yourself?
凑合吧
Getting by.
还住在蒙大拿吗
You still up there in Montana?

Yep.
比林斯对吧
Billings, isn’t it?
没错
That’s right.
你还在那干发廊吗 凯特
You still fixing hair out there, Kate?
不了 我不干了
No, I let that go.
是吗
Oh, you did.
那…很高兴见到你们
Well, good to see you folks.
我该到前座去了 还得开车回镇里呢
I’d better get up front and drive us back to town.
-很高兴见到你 -彼此彼此
– It’s so good to see you. – Good to see you.
有空打电♥话♥
Call us sometime.
会的 拜拜
I will. Bye-bye.
拜拜
Bye-bye.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!