-两万五千个灯泡 -我希望不会有熟人开车过来
– Twenty-five thousand. – I hope nobody I know drives by…
看到我在草地上穿着睡衣,盯着自己的房♥子
…and sees me standing in the yard, staring at the house in my pajamas.
如果他们了解妳爸爸,他们就不会胡思乱想
If they know your dad, they won’t think anything of it.
爸,赶快点亮吧!
Fire it up, Dad!
我仅献上这栋房♥子给葛斯伍德一家人
I dedicate this house to the Griswold family Christmas.
请来些鼓声
Drum roll, please.
-鼓声 -噢…
– Drum roll. – Oh, uh….
「世界的喜乐」
♪ Joy to the World ♪♪
非常漂亮,克拉克
Beautiful, Clark.
你真会浪费钱
Talk about pissing your money away.
我希望你的孩子们学到这一刻
I hope you kids see what a silly waste of resources this was.
-他很努力了,外婆 -洗衣机也是一样
– He worked really hard, Grandma. – So do washing machines.
让我们进去温暖的地方
Let’s get in where it’s warm.
克拉克,我可以想象得到,这一定很漂亮
Clark, baby, I can picture it in my mind. And it’s breathtaking.
-谢谢妳,妈 -大概有个灯泡坏了,儿子
– Thanks, Mom. – It’s probably a bad bulb, son.
如果有一个烧掉了,全部都不能用
You know, if one goes out, the whole thing doesn’t work.
如果我是你,我会一个一个检查
Now, if I were you I’d personally check each one.
我已经检查过了,爸…
I did that, Dad. I can’t–
如果你需要帮忙,叫我一声,我会在楼上睡觉
Now, look, if you need any help give me a holler. I’ll be asleep.
-谢谢 -真是遗憾,爸爸
– Thanks. – Sorry, Daddy.
就算没有亮,看起来也很棒
It looks good even if they’re not lit.
谢谢妳,甜心
Thank you, sweetheart.
-爸,你已经努力了 -谢谢你,罗斯
– Well, Dad, it was a good try. – Thanks, Russ.
-罗斯 -什么事?
– Russ. – Yeah?
-我们检查过每个灯泡,对吧?
-噢,当然了,我确定
– We checked every bulb, didn’t we? – Oh, yeah. Yeah. I’m sure of it.
我想也是,或许我们应该爬上去…
I thought so. Well, maybe we ought to go up there and just get–
看看现在几点钟了,我得去睡觉了
Jeez! Look at the time. I gotta get to bed.
刷牙,喂猪
Brush my teeth. Feed the hog.
还有功课要做,洗衣服,洗车
I’ve still got some homework to do. Do the laundry. Wash the car.
我还得付账单…
I’ve still got those bills to pay….
克拉克,不要待太晚
Clark, don’t stay up too late.
不要碰我,小色魔
Get off me, you little fungus.
(泳装广♥告♥模特:卡雷·奥蒂斯)
(Guess Swimwear AD: Carré Otis)
(母亲节快乐,1983年
爱妳的克拉克)
怎么会这么冷?
Where the hell is that cold coming from?
哈啰?
Hello?
-我只是需要一点… -用支票付
– I need to get a few more– – Pay by check.
-不能用信♥用♥卡♥吗? -这样的话退回就很麻烦…
– I will. Not a card? – If they return it, it’s a hassle….
罗斯!
Russ!
-救命! -爸爸,克拉克要来吗?
– Help! – Daddy, is Clark coming?
-我怎么知道? -他没在房♥子里吗?
– How would I know? – Is he in the house?
如果他没在弄灯饰的话,就应该在房♥子里
If he isn’t farting around with his lights, he must be inside.
我知道他会想要跟我们一起去买♥♥东西和吃午餐
I’m sure he wants to come shopping and have lunch with us.
他还有另外一部车,没问题
我要吃东西,因为我要吃药
He’s got another car. He can drive. I have to eat so I can take my back pills.
艾伦…
Ellen! Hey! Ellen!
(1955年圣诞节)
(1955年圣诞节)
我要脱掉这些衣服,坐下来喝一杯香槟
I want to take off these clothes, sit with a glass of wine…
然后亲吻妳每一寸肌肤
…and kiss your body.
-当然你要先洗澡 -当然
– After you shower, of course. – Of course.
-宝贝 -亲爱的,什么事?
– Sparky? – Yes, honey.
你是有原因的出来,还是只是逃避家人?
Are you out here for a reason, or are you just avoiding the family?
不,我还有两百多个灯泡要检查
No. I still have a couple hundred more bulbs to check.
而且还要检查圣诞老人和八只麋鹿
以及“圣诞快乐”这个灯饰
In the meantime, I can light the Santa, the deer and the Merry Christmas sign.
灯饰应该会很好看,准备好了吗?
That should look good. Ready?
-你要我再发出鼓声吗? -没关系,先试试看
– You want me to do the drum roll thing? – No, it’s okay. Here goes nothing.
我不懂
I don’t understand it.
房♥子上的彩灯不亮,地面灯饰也不亮
The house lights don’t work, the flood lights don’t work.
是不是没插好?
Is it plugged in?
我当然确定插头插上去了
Do you honestly think I would check thousands of lights…
不然我不会去检查灯泡
…if the extension cord wasn’t plugged in?
你不是只用一个插座,对吧?
You used more than one cord, didn’t you?
或许孩子们在胡闹,我到后面检查一下
Maybe the kids have been fooling around with it. I’ll check in back.
克拉克!
Clark!
-泰德!这灯光怎么回事? -对不起!
– Todd! What’s that light?! – Sorry!
克拉克!
Clark!
亲爱的,我知道哪里出错了
Honey, I think I know what’s wrong.
(电力主控开关)
我看不到
I can’t see.
不,噢,天呐…
No, no, no– Oh, my God–
这样应该可以了
This ought to do it.
艾伦,我修好了!
Ellen, I fixed it!
大家赶快出来!看看这灯光!
Everybody! Come out quick! Look at the lights!
-去拿毛巾 -好的!
– Get a towel. – Okay!
-等一下,我不敢相信! -你大吼大叫干嘛?
– Wait. I don’t believe this! – What’s all the yelling about?
到底怎么回事?
What?! But– What’s going on here?
两万五千个灯泡
Twenty-five thousand twinkle lights.
-他在做什么? -我也不知道
– What’s he doing, Clark? – I haven’t the foggiest.
这到底怎么搞的?
What the hell? What is wrong with this?
该死!
Damn it! Damn it!
该死的灯!
You goddamn light!
爸,真漂亮!
Dad, it’s beautiful!
天啊…
God–
我的地毯!
Oh, my carpet!
-克拉克,这真的好感人 -妈
– Oh, Clark, it’s so lovely. – Mom.
妳应该在这样的房♥子过圣诞节
You deserve a home like this to spend Christmas in.
-真是漂亮,克拉克 -爸…
– It’s a beaut, Clark. It’s a beaut. – Dad, Dad, Dad.
是你教会我室外装横
You taught me everything I know about exterior illumination.
谢谢你
Thank you, thank you.
罗斯,安德莉
Russ. Audrey.
亲爱的法兰西丝
Dear, dear Francis.
我希望这能让妳更享受假期
I hope this adds to your enjoyment of the holidays.
-这真的很漂亮 -是啊
– It’s just wonderful. – Yeah.
亚瑟,老亚
Arthur. Art.
岳父,谢谢你来这里
Dad. Thanks for being here.
灯泡并没有一闪一闪的
The little lights are not twinkling.
我知道,老亚,谢谢你提醒我
I know, Art, and thanks for noticing.
房♥子看起来真的很漂亮,克拉克
The house sure does look swell, Clark.
谢谢你,艾迪,我希望这能让你感受到节日气氛
Thanks, Eddie. I hope it enhances your holiday spirit.
亲爱的凯萨琳
Dear Cathrine.
艾迪?
Eddie?
-这房♥子真好看,克拉克 -艾迪?
– Oh, the house is gorgeous, Clark. – Eddie?
我希望你不是为我们做的,克拉克
I hope you didn’t do this all on our account, Clark.
孩子们,快出来看看克拉克叔叔的灯饰
Kids, come on out here and see what Uncle Clark’s done to the house.
艾迪?
Eddie?
艾迪?
Eddie?
如果你不记得的话,这个是洛奇
Yeah. If you don’t remember, this here is Rocky.
-你是不是该亲我一下? -最好不要,老亚
– You got a kiss for me? – Better take a rain check on that.
他的嘴巴上有霉菌,到现在还没有治好
He’s got a lip fungus they ain’t identified yet.
-你们一定记得茹比·苏 -当然
– You remember Ruby Sue? – Oh, yeah.
天啊!
Oh, my gosh!
-她的斗鸡眼好了 -很棒,对吧?
– Her eyes aren’t crossed anymore. – That’s something, ain’t it?
她掉进了水井里,就有了斗鸡眼
Falls in a well, eyes go crossed.
然后驴子踢倒她,一切又恢复正常
She gets kicked by a mule, they go back to normal.
我不知道怎么回事
I don’t know.
还有这只让我们骄傲的黑狗,鼻涕虫
And this here’s our pride and joy. Snots.
很棒的名字
Pretty name, Ed.
我们之所以这样命名,是因为牠的鼻子有问题
We named him that because he’s got this sinus condition.
鼻涕虫,翻过身来,让克拉克叔叔搔你肚子
Snots, you roll over and let Uncle Clark scratch your belly.
这只狗会耍许多你没见过的把戏
You ain’t never seen a set on a dog like this one’s got, Clark.
-噢,艾迪 -那没关系,艾迪
– Oh, Ed. – That’s okay, Eddie.
牠真的很棒,如果你搔牠的肚皮
That’s something, ain’t it? You pet him…
牠就会一辈子爱死你
…and he’ll love you till the day you die.
我最好不要搔,我手很脏
I really shouldn’t. My hands are all chapped.
我们本来要先打电♥话♥来
但是艾迪说要给你们一个惊喜
We were gonna call, but Eddie wanted to make it a surprise.
-这是不是个惊喜? -惊喜吗?
– Yeah. You surprised? – Surprised, Eddie?
就算我明天醒来发现头被缝在地毯上
我都没有这么惊喜
If I woke up with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn’t be more surprised.
我们还有很多空房♥
We have plenty of room.
还有很多毛巾,以及其他东西
We have plenty of towels. We have plenty of everything.