听说你被推选为年度最佳食物料理设计师奖
Word is you’re an excellent choice to be named Additive Designer of the Year.
-不可能 -我没开玩笑
– Nah. – I’m not kidding.
在烘干食物方面,你不是发明了一个新东西吗?
What’s that new thing you got at Food and Drug?
你是说食物烘干机吗?
Oh, the crunch enhancer?
那只是让没有营养的麦片消失,是半渗透的产品
Yeah, it’s a non-nutritive cereal varnish. It’s semipermeable, not osmatic.
其实它的功能就是挡住所有的麦片
这样牛奶就不会渗透进去
It coats and seals the flake prevents the milk from penetrating it.
-那是个非常好的产品 -我喜欢
– Yeah. It’s a beautiful product. – I like it, yeah.
问题是你要怎么处理那笔奖金?
The question is, what will you do with that bonus?
-是不是用在自己身上? -我身上?不会
– Gonna blow it on yourself, I hope. – Me? Heck, no.
看看这个
Take a look at this.
我只是希望这笔奖金可以付清
I hope my Christmas bonus check will cover it.
天啊,你要安装一个游泳池
Oh, my God, you’re putting in a pool.
我已经存放了七千五百块钱的押金进去
I went ahead and I put a $7500 deposit down on it.
你真是一个居家好男人
You’re the last true family man.
-马克 -他叫克拉克
– Mark. – Clark.
他叫比尔,先生
That’s Bill, sir.
是不是你发明了那台麦片处理机?
Were you working on that non-nutritive cereal varnish?
是的,先生
Yes, sir.
我要和一群投资人谈,我想要提出那个产品
I gotta give a speech to a trade group. I’d like to mention it.
在今天下班前写出一篇简介给我
Write a summary and have it to me by the end of the day.
我的荣幸
My pleasure.
简单易懂,不要给我那些陈腔烂调
Layman’s terms. None of that inside bullshit jargon nobody understands.
是的,先生
Yes, sir.
雪利先生,我们收到你的圣诞卡
Oh, Mr. Shirley. We got your Christmas card the other day…
我和我的家人都觉得很高兴,因为你记得我们
…and my family and I are very flattered that you remembered us.
那是公♥司♥寄的
Corporate cards.
-记得把报告交给我,比尔(弄混名字)
-是的,先生,圣诞快乐
– Don’t forget that report, Bill. – Yes, sir. Thank you. Merry Christmas.
圣诞快乐…
Merry Christmas. Merry Christmas. Merry Christmas.
马屁精…应声虫…光明节快乐
(犹太人节日,此处为讽刺)
Kiss my ass. Kiss his ass. Kiss your ass. Happy Hanukkah.
我能帮你什么吗?
Can I show you something?
我只是看看,闻一闻…不,微笑,我只是四周看看
I was just smelling– Smiling. I was just blouse– Browsing.
是买♥♥给你太太还是女朋友?
For your wife or your girlfriend?
什么?我怎么回事?
What? What happened?
我想不会有…
I guess it wouldn’t be any–
我想只有圣诞购物季节才能看到这么多的人潮
Wouldn’t be the Christmas shopping season if stores were less hooter–
热闹非凡
Hotter than they are.
-这里面蛮热的 -因为你穿着外套
– It is warm in here. – You have your coat on.
-真的吗?为什么? -因为外面很冷
– Yes. Oh, do I? How did that happen? – Because it’s cold out.
是的,外面非常冷,冷到芋头冻僵
Yes. Yes. It is. It’s a bit nipply out. I mean, nippy out.
我刚刚说了乳♥头♥吗?(谐音)
What did I say, nipple?
-这里的空气蛮奇怪的 -你到底要不要买♥♥?
– There is a nip in the air though. – Can I take something out for you?
我只是…想买♥♥个礼物给我太太
I was just…. I was just looking at something for my wife.
-愿她灵魂安息 -天呐,我很抱歉
– God rest her soul. – Oh, God, I’m so sorry.
噢,不,她还没死,我们离婚了,她是过去式
Oh, no, no, she’s not dead. We’re just divorced. She’s history.
而且她也不♥穿♥内衣裤,反正还有很多天才过节…
Obviously she doesn’t wear underwear. There are plenty of shopping days left…
说圣诞节是大场面,也不是真的大场面
…until adultery– Adulthood. Which is to say Christmas, as in Yule.
我没有大场面,如果有大场面…
Yule log. Not a log, I don’t have a log.
But, I mean, you know, if I had a log…
不要理我,我在胡说八道
…not in the sense that you think I said I did. Good golly.
祝妳圣诞愉快
‘Tis the season to be merry.
-我的名字正是取自圣诞典故 -真的吗?
– Well, that’s my name. – No shit.
在臀部那边特别的高,跟我穿的很类似
These are cut really high on the hip. Look, I’m wearing something similar.
瞧,你看不到边线
See? You can’t see the line.
-罗斯,你也看不到边线吧? -看不到
– You can’t see the line, can you, Russ? – No.
看不到
No.
(圣诞节电影『生活多美好』片段)
“爸爸,看呐,老师说每一次铃响就会多出一位天使”
Look, Daddy, teacher says every time
a bell rings an angel gets his wings.
齁齁齁齁齁
(扮演圣诞老人招牌笑声)
Ho, ho, ho, ho, ho, ho, ho, ho.
大家…圣诞快乐
Folks! Folks! Folks! Merry Christmas.
-儿子,你好吗? -很好
– Hey! How you doing, son? – Fine.
他在这里!乖孙子
There he is! Oh, my boy.
-看看你长得好大 -圣诞快乐
– Look at how big you’ve gotten. – Merry Christmas.
-嗨,妈 -亲爱的
– Mom. – Sweetheart.
敲敲脑门,有没有人在家?
Oh, knock on the door. Lift up the ladder.
-诺拉是不是看起来很老? -妳答应过我不挑事
– Listen. Doesn’t Nora look old? – You promised.
-那好吧 -他们从我背部抽取了一点骨髓
– Of course I do. – They took a pint of fluid from my back.
你有没有看到我脖子上的这颗痣?
它的颜色好像变了
Do you see this mole? This mole on my neck? Think it’s changing color?
才没有呢,因为妳一直在碰它,所以变红了
No. You keep touching it, it gets redder.
我有老人斑,真不敢相信
I got hemorrhoids. Can you believe that?
-噢,妈 -这太糟了
– Oh, Mother. – Isn’t that terrible?
-车位不能给你 -你看你把我的车搞的那样…
– You’re not getting the garage space. – After what you–
让我来停车,罗斯,帮我一下
I’m doing the parking. Russ, want to help?
他们不能跟我一起睡,否则我会疯掉的,妈
Mom, they’re not sleeping in my room. I’m gonna go crazy, Mom.
甜心,诺拉奶奶的脚非常痛
Sweetheart. Your grandma’s got a real painful burr on my heel.
如果你帮我按♥摩♥,我会给你两毛五
If you rub it for me, I’ll give you a whole quarter.
-两毛五… -我也会给安德莉两毛五
– A quarter. A quarter. – I’ll give Audrey a quarter too.
-我要把我的车停在车♥库♥里!
-他毁坏了我的车,你能相信吗?
– I’m gonna put my car in the garage! – He damaged my car, you believe that?
让我来帮你们停车
I’ll park the cars.
这就是圣诞节
This is what Christmas is all about.
我去停车,检查行李…
I’ll park the cars and check the luggage…
大概会一直待在外面不进来
…and yeah, I’ll be outside for the season.
我们的房♥子会是镇上最漂亮的
We’re gonna have the best-looking house in town, Russ.
-我一直想这样做 -这里有很多灯,爸
– I’ve always wanted to do this. – That’s a lot of lights, Dad.
这就表示有很多工作要做
如果我想要在冷风中装饰这栋房♥子
I’m sure it’s a lot of work too, but if I’m out in
the cold and I’m committed to decorating the house,
那我就要好好地做,要做到最棒
I’m gonna do it right and I’m gonna do it big.
你也想要做一些骄傲的事,对不对?
You want something you can be proud of, don’t you?
-我想是吧 -当然啦
– Yeah, I guess so. – Sure you do.
-爸,你不觉得有一点过火吗?
-罗斯,我从未这样做过
– You think you might be overdoing it? – Russ, when did I last overdo anything?
来吧,帮我解开这些
Come on, unravel these.
你要检察每一个灯泡,好像缠在一起了,你来解开
You have to check every bulb. Got a little knot here. You work on that.
我去拿另外一个箱子
I’ll get the other box.
-我希望他摔下来,摔断脖子 -我相信他会摔下来
– I hope he falls and breaks his neck. – I’m sure he’ll fall.
但是我们运气不够,看不到他摔断脖子
I don’t think we’re lucky enough to have him break his neck.
我们走吧
Let’s go.
“风真的很大,看看这些巨大气球飘来飘去”
These winds appear to be playing havoc with that giant float.
“我现在根本看不到那些核果人,大概被吹走了”
At this point I can’t even see the nuts. They must have blown away.
“但是对于这些人来说
没有事情可以干扰他们的圣诞精神”
But nothing is going to dampen the spirit of
this holiday crowd, I can tell you that.
“来了,那些核果人来了,他们非常巨大”
Oh, here they are. Here come the nuts. These look like giant nuts to me.
难到不能要求祖父母们到旅馆去过夜吗?
Would it be indecent to ask the grandparents to stay at a hotel?
安德莉
Audrey.
至少不准他们接电♥话♥吧
Well, can we at least forbid them to answer the phone?
亚历山德今早打电♥话♥来,而克拉克祖父告诉他
Alex called this morning. Grandpa Clark told him…
我不能接电♥话♥,因为我在厕所
…I couldn’t come to the phone because I was going to the bathroom.
安德莉,大家都有所牺牲
We’re all making sacrifices, Audrey.
大家吗?妳会跟妳弟弟睡觉吗?
Everybody? Do you sleep with your brother?
妈,妳知不知道那感觉真不舒服?
Do you know how sick and twisted that is, Mom?
我跟妳父亲睡觉,不要抱怨那么多
Well, I’m sleeping with your father. Don’t be so dramatic.
我会做恶梦,梦到我不在时
他一个人在床上不知道在干嘛
I have nightmares about what he does in his
bed when I’m not lying right next to him.
我不知道该怎么说
Well, I don’t know what to say except…
但现在是圣诞节,而我们心情都很糟
…it’s Christmas and we’re all in misery.
艾伦,妳是不是又抽烟了?
Ellen, are you smoking again?
没有!
No!
爸,你要把这些麋鹿放哪里?
Hey, Dad, where do you want these reindeer?
放在草地上,罗斯
Just put them down there on the lawn, Russ.
我找不到圣诞老人
I can’t find the Santa Claus.
在地下室,我们等一下再去找
It’s in the basement. We’ll get it later.
-克拉克,晚餐好了 -好,亲爱的,我饿死了
– Clark. Dinner’s ready. – Okay, honey. I’m starving.
显然是某种东西打破了窗户!
Obviously something had to break the window!
并且打坏了音响!
Something had to hit the stereo!
-泰德,为什么地毯是湿的? -我不知道,玛格
– And why is the carpet all wet, Todd? – I don’t know, Margo.
克拉克,能不能快点?我要冻死了
You want to hurry this up? I’m freezing my baguettes off.
两百五十条灯线
Two hundred and fifty strands of light…
上面各有一百个灯泡
…100 individual bulbs per strand…
全部加起来有两万五千个意大利彩灯
…for a grand total of 25,000 imported Italian twinkle lights.