(1789年 法国大革命)
(生灵涂炭驱使民众走向革命 革命又将他们拉入生灵涂炭)
(粮食短缺和全国性经济萧条)
(造成法国政体土崩瓦解)
(共和派即将把法王路易十六 连同其一万一千名支持者)
(送上断头台 残忍♥地结束他们的生命)
(随后把目光转向法国最后的皇后 玛丽安托瓦内特)
(同时 来自科西嘉岛的炮兵指挥官 拿破仑波拿巴野心勃勃)
(极力争取上位)
退后 你们这些草民
Get back, you lot.
上断头台吧
Get to the guillotine.
法国的祸害
The scourge of France!
恐怖无非就是正义
Terror is nothing more than justice.
果断 严厉 不妥协
Prompt, severe, inflexible.
是美德的体现
It is therefore an emanation of virtue.
此时此刻 她被控犯下三大罪行
Now, she was guilty of three charges against you:
分别是亏空国库
depletion of the national treasury,
密谋破坏国家内外安全
conspiracy against the internal and external security of state,
以及为敌人谋取利益 犯下严重的叛国罪
and high treason for acting in the interests of the enemy.
要对恶人仁慈吗
Mercy for the villains?
不行
No.
仁慈是给无辜者的
Mercy for the innocent.
是给不幸者的
Mercy for the unfortunate.
是给全人类的
Mercy for humanity.
民♥主♥政♥治♥带来社会共鸣是势不可挡的结果
An inescapable outcome of democracy’s connection
与国家当前的迫切需求相呼应
in relation to the nation’s immediate demands at this moment…
(法国♥军♥队特派委员 保罗巴♥拉♥斯♥)
英国海军已经占领了土伦港
The British navy have taken the port of Toulon.
半数法国舰队被围困当地
Half the French fleet is trapped there.
如果战舰没了 共和国也保不住
If we lose those ships, the Republic will fall.
好在目前只有两千英军在土伦驻守
Lucky for us, there are only 2,000 English troops in Toulon.
问题是我们火炮不足 将领也只是个宫廷画家
But we are short of artillery and led by a general who was a court painter.
没必要收复土伦
It is not necessary to recapture Toulon itself.
土伦不是个城市 而是个海港
The town is not a town. The town is a port.
若海港面临英国舰队站不住阵脚
If the harbor’s untenable to the English fleet,
城市自然也保不住
the town must surrender.
我的兄弟波拿巴上尉是个炮兵指挥官
My brother, Captain Bonaparte, as artillery officer,
他已经凑足了对付英国舰队的炙热弹
has organized heated shots against English ships.
也已经证明了他对共和国的忠诚
He has proven his commitment to the Republic.
你计划怎么占领土伦港
And how do you propose to take the harbor?
拿下炮垒 占领港口
Capture the fort that dominates the harbor,
城市就归我们所有
and you have the city.
这次我们要以一儆百 否则其他城市也会落入敌人手中
We must make an example, or other cities will fall.
我绝对
And I, for one,
不会让保皇派和英国人占据我的领土
will never let the royalists or the English take my region.
早上好 长官
Morning, sir.
(1793年12月16日 土伦 法国♥军♥营)
卡尔托将军呢
General Carteaux?
他在那边
He’s over there.
我亲爱的胞弟吕西安 我已经抵达土伦
Lucien, my dear brother, I am in Toulon already.
法军状态不佳 你招募的士兵皆缺乏训练 毫无军纪
The troops are in a poor state, and your conscripts untrained and undisciplined.
没有装备和资源 法国必败无疑
Without equipment and resources, I see only failure.
为了配合我拟出的战略 我们收集破铜烂铁来重铸小臼炮
We are collecting scrap iron to recast small mortars more suitable for my plan.
如果此战失败
If we do not succeed,
掌权者就会视我们科西嘉人为野蛮人 不适合委以重任
those in power will only see us as Corsican ruffians unfit for higher office,
我们母亲的远大理想也会随之破灭
and our mother’s ambitions will be quashed.
很好 夫人 您果然眼光独到
That’s it, madam. Fine eye you have.
不错嘛 – 我下周还会在这里摆摊
There you go. – I’ll still be here next week.
瞄准岸边英国舰队的大炮 都被英军控制住了
The British control the big guns that point out at their fleet offshore.
只要拿下这些大炮 就能向英军开火 打破封锁
Take those guns, and we can fire onto them and end this blockade.
突袭是我的优势 但我还是要靠火力取胜
Surprise is my advantage, but I will win by fire.
十分期待你的光临
I cannot wait for your arrival.
你的胞兄拿破仑
Your brother, Napoleon.
喂 臭小子 没错 叫你
Oi, shit rag! Yes, you!
闪开 快滚 滚开
Move along now. Go on. Move!
赶走这些该死的羊群
Move them fucking goats!
最后警告 马上赶走这群羊
Last chance! Fucking move them goats!
你们最好马上赶走它们
You better fucking move them now!
懂吗
Do you understand?
兄弟们 他坐在炉火旁
He sat himself down by the fire, my boys
加入我们的欢乐阵营
To join in our jovial crew
各就各位 – 快点
Get in position. – Quick!
炉边角落 是他常坐的地方
By the chimney corner was his own place
他可以坐在炉火旁 烘热他苍老的面容
Where he could sit and dye his old face
兄弟们 趁老琼斯的啤酒还新鲜
When Jones’s ale was new, my boys
快点…
Quick, quick!
趁老琼斯的啤酒还新鲜
When Jones’s ale was new
杯杯啤酒 瓶瓶雪利酒 帮助他们翻过山岭 如此快乐
Pints of beer and bottles of sherry To help them over the hill so merry
趁老琼斯的啤酒还新鲜
When Jones’s ale was new
开火
Fire!
我们被袭击了
We’re under attack!
我们被袭击了 去拿武器
We’re under attack! Grab your weapons!
兄弟们 快把梯子架起来
Get those ladders up quick, men!
开火 向目标发射
Fire! Hit your target!
赶紧把臼炮抬上去
Get the mortars up there!
马儿 准备好了吗
Ready, boy?
天啊
Oh, God!
你没事吧 – 我没事
You all right? – I’m fine.
抬出臼炮
Get the mortars!
保住大炮
Protect the cannons!
各就各位
Into position!
法国万岁 – 法国万岁
Vive la France! – Vive la France!
大炮备好
Ready the cannons!
是 长官
Sir! Yes, sir.
臼炮备好
Mortars!
仰角160度
Elevation 160.
开火 – 点火了
Fire! – Firing!
朱诺 炙热弹
Junot, heated shots!
开火
Fire!
朱诺 开火
Junot, fire!
开火
Fire!
装弹 – 装弹
Reload! – Reload.
开火
Fire!
枪上肩 保持姿势
Shoulder, hold!
拿破仑波拿巴上尉 我正式升你为准将
Captain Napoleon Bonaparte, I award you the rank of brigadier general.
共和国万岁
Long live the Republic!
共和国万岁…
Long live the Republic! Long live the Republic!
我答应过要为你带来光荣的成就 我说到做到了
I promised you brilliant successes, and I’ve kept my word.
枪放下 保持姿势
Order, hold!
送给母亲
For Mother.
法国执政者昔日热血的初衷
The current leadership of France has passed from enthusiasm
已经转变为鲁莽的野心
to reckless ambition.
民众认为将异见者送上断头台是流氓习气
And the public perception of the guillotine is lawless passion,
是罗伯斯庇尔带头的
led by Robespierre.
他不适合执政
He is unfit to rule.
波拿巴
Bonaparte.
法国人♥民♥
France!
公民罗伯斯庇尔 你的意图再也藏不住了
It has become increasingly clear, Citizen Robespierre,
断头台的刀刃 是你用来巩固自己极权政体的手段
that your motivations are to use this blade to your ultimate power!
让我发言
Let me speak!
在场没人反对过我的办事手段
There is no man in this room who has objected to my methods.
如果你敢说我有罪 那你们通通都有罪
If you say I am guilty, you are all guilty!
你不是自♥由♥的捍卫者
You are not a defender of freedom.
你自封为法官 陪审团和行刑者 你敢说没有吗
You have deemed yourself judge, jury and executioner, have you not?
你比凯撒更独♥裁♥…
You’re worse than Caesar! Worse than Caesar!
你们通通都是叛国♥贼♥
You are, all of you, the traitors!
逮捕他
Arrest him!
抓住他
Get him.
你打偏了
You missed.
上断头台吧 老朋友
The guillotine, my friend.
(1794年7月27日 恐怖统治结束)
(四万一千五百名囚犯获释)
(1794年 夏天 巴黎 幸存者晚宴)
夫人 是七
A seven, madame.
再发牌
Deal again.
再发牌
Deal again.
下注多少
Your bet.