Christ. Lauren, say something.
天哪 你说句话吧
“Okay. Hey, Sean, how was your day?”
“西恩 你今天好吗 ”
Oh, me? I’m tired of wishing things made sense.
我 我不想再伤脑筋
I’m tired of caring about some dead girl, and there’s just gonna be another one after her.
不想再管谁杀了那女孩 反正命案天天发生
Sending killers to jail is sending them where they’ve been heading all their lives.
进进出出的送凶手入大牢
The dead are still dead.
要死的还是死了
Jesus, I…
真是的 我
…can’t do this tonight.
今天没心情跟你说话
I just….
我实在
I can’t do it.
我没办法
Bye, baby.
再见
Because…
因为
…sometimes the man wasn’t a man at all.
有时候男人不表示是成人
He was the boy.
他是男孩
The boy who escaped from wolves.
逃离狼爪的男孩
An animal of the dusk.
狼是夜行动物
Invisible.
无影无踪
Silent.
无声无息
Living in a world…
住在一个
…the others never saw.
神秘的世界里
World of fireflies.
那里满是萤火虫
Unseen except as a flare in the corner of your eye.
偶尔在你的眼角闪过
Vanished by the time you turn your head toward it.
你一转头他又不见了
I just gotta get my head right.
我得让脑袋清醒清醒
Catch a nice, long sleep.
好好的睡一觉
And the boy will go back to his forest.
男孩会回到他的森林里
Back to his fireflies.
回去找萤火虫
Is he asleep?
他睡着了吗
How’s Jimmy and everybody?
吉米他们还好吗
Okay.
还好
It’s weird.
真怪
Took something like this for me and him to become friends again.
我们居然是这样恢复友谊的
Dave? Dave.
戴维 戴维
There’s still nothing in the paper.
报上还是没有任何消息
About what?
什么消息
About what?
什么消息
I don’t know, honey. Maybe I didn’t hurt him as bad as I thought.
不晓得 也许他没伤得那么重
He’s a mugger. He’s not going to the hospital.
他是抢匪 不会上医院的
Yeah.
也对
Right.
没错
Anyhow, it doesn’t matter, does it?
反正这不是大新闻
I mean, Katie Markum is dead.
凯蒂·马肯被谋杀
That seems more important right now.
这条新闻重要多了
I know in my soul I contributed to your death.
我知道我和你的死亡有关
But I don’t know how.
但不知道关联何在
Brendan Harris aced his polygraph.
哈里斯通过测谎
Good. I didn’t like him for it, nor want him for it.
很好 我也不希望是他
Yeah. Poor fucking kid.
可怜的孩子
Ballistics will be back in a while. Meantime, we got a list of bar patrons.
弹道报告出炉前先看看酒客名单
All people who, I’m certain, are dying to cooperate.
他们一定很想和警方合作
Considering the crime, maybe.
也许吧 这可是重大案件
Dave Boyle?
戴维·鲍伊
Hey, is that the guy you were friends with as a kid? The car guy?
就是你那被车载走的朋友
Could be.
有可能
He’s a guy to talk to. He knows you. He won’t treat us like cops.
那应该找他谈谈 他认识你
Clam up for no reason, huh? We’ll see.
应该不会拒绝合作 再看看吧
Hey, Boyle!
鲍伊
What’s it been, seven, eight years? Yeah.
七八年不见了吧 是啊
Yeah. How you doing?
你好吗
This is my son, Michael.
这是我儿子麦可
Hey, Michael. How you doing? My name’s Sean.
麦可 我是西恩
I’m an old buddy of your dad’s. Hi.
你♥爸♥的老朋友
So you still with the staties? Homicide. This is my partner.
你还在州警局 重案组 这是我的搭档
Sergeant Powers. How are you? So you got a minute?
我是包尔斯警探 你好 有空吗
We’d love to ask some quick questions. I was just gonna walk Michael to school.
我们想请教几个问题 我要送麦可去上学
I can be back in a few minutes. Tell you what, we’ll walk with you, okay?
马上回来 我们陪你去 行吗
Sure.
当然可以
So you look good.
你气色不错
I hear rents are rising. Yeah, the yuppies are coming.
听说房♥租在上扬 对啊 青年才俊越来越多
They’re cutting my dad’s old house up into condos.
我爸的房♥子被改成大楼
We walked by there the other day.
我们那天有经过
Must be something we could do to stop them.
应该想个办法阻止
A friend of mine says the other day, he says:
我有个朋友说:
“Neighborhood needs a fucking crime wave. Get property values where they belong.”
“应该来个他妈的犯罪潮 让地价再掉回来”
Young girls keep getting murdered up in Pen Park, Mr. Boyle, you might get your wish.
再发生命案 您也许就能如愿
Dave. Call me Dave.
戴维 叫我戴维
You said the F- word, Dad.
爸 你说脏话
Yeah, I know. Walk on up ahead, Michael.
往前走 麦可
Us guys need to talk. Go on.
我们要谈事
So, what’s up, Sean? Yeah, you heard about Katie Markum?
有事吗 听说凯蒂的事了吗
Yeah, I was at Jimmy’s yesterday. Celeste is there now.
我昨天都在吉米家 瑟莱丝现在也在他家
Who’s Celeste? My wife.
谁是瑟莱丝 我太太
How’s Jimmy doing? It’s hard to tell. You know him.
吉米好吗 看不出来 他那个人
Yeah, so the reason we came by… Listen, I saw her.
我们是来 我有见到她
Katie. I don’t know if you know that. At McGill’s, the night she died.
凯蒂 不晓得你知不知道 在麦吉尔酒吧
That’s what we wanted to talk about.
我们正想问你这个
They were at a couple of bars that night. Your name turned up for McGill’s.
她们那天晚上去了几个夜店 你的名字出现在酒客名单中
They put on quite a show dancing on the bar.
听说她们大跳热舞
Pretty drunk, huh? But it was harmless.
喝的很醉 也没什么
They weren’t stripping or nothing. They were just 19.
又不是跳脱衣舞 她们才十九岁
What time did they leave?
她们几点离开
I left at 1. They must’ve left 15 minutes before me.
我一点走的 她们早我十五分钟
So we’ll say 12:45? Sounds about right.
所以是十二点四十五分 差不多
You see anything unusual or anyone…?
有没有不寻常的人事物
Michael.
麦可
Like what? I don’t know.
例如 我不知道
A guy watching the girls?
有人盯着她们
A guy with hate in his eyes? A woman- hater?
仇视她们之类的
No. No, if they hadn’t danced on the bar, it would’ve been business as usual.
没有 除了她们跳上吧台 没什么特别
See you later, Dad. You got your milk money?
爸 再见 牛奶钱带了吗
Fuck, I hated school.
我最恨上学
What?
什么
Yeah, me too, Sean.
没错 我也是
Just one more thing, Mr. Boyle. Where did you go after you left McGill’s?
还有 你离开之后上哪去了
Home. Home by 1:15, would you say?
回家 一点十五分之前到家
Roughly. Sure. All right.
差不多 好
Yeah, well, thanks a lot, Dave. We’ll grab a beer sometime?
谢了 改天一起喝一杯
Yeah, I’d like that, Sean. All right.
好啊 好
What?
怎样
What happened to him in that car?
他之前到底发生了什么事
Can you believe this?
真是太扯了
Man, it’s the same as Dunkin’ Donuts. It costs 15 times the price.
比甜甜圈店的咖啡贵十五倍
You know, you take away love, money or hate as motives…
除去爱恨金钱
…you’re not left with a whole lot.
没其它动机了
Well, if this Markum thing’s random, I mean, shit.
如果是随机杀人就糟了
Yeah, tell me about it. But the old lady, Prior, she doesn’t hear a scream.
但是 那位太太并没听到尖叫
Hears a gunshot, before that a “hi” …
枪响之前 是一声”嗨”
…which tells me the girl is either friendly or she knew him.
死者要不是很友善 就是认识他
She turns into the curb, not too fast or she hops it. Foot’s off the clutch. She stalls.
她撞上路边 放开离合器熄火
She says, “Hi.” He shoots her. She slams the door into him, takes off.
她说:”嗨” 他开枪 她用门撞倒他 然后逃走
What makes her swerve without hitting the brakes?
为何她转弯没踩煞车
I don’t know. Something in the street. Maybe.
也许是路上有东西 也许
This Markum girl couldn’t have weighed more than what, 110?
但她不可能超过110磅
She hit hard enough to get a jump on him? Maybe he’s knocked back on his heels.
怎么撞得倒他 也许他吓了一跳 没站稳
Your pal Dave strikes me as a guy permanently back on his heels.
你朋友戴维好像很容易受惊吓
Wait a second, how did we get to Dave Boyle all of a sudden?
怎么突然扯到他
We just got to him. He’s a guy who was in the bar.
我们刚找过他 他只是去过酒吧
The last place, Seany, the last place she was at.
也是她最后去的那间
The guy is wrong. You saw his hand.
他骗人 你看到他的手了
Yeah, I saw his hand. You seriously want to take a look at Dave Boyle?
我是看到了 当真要查他