-做不到 -你可以的 可以的
– I can’t. – Yes, you can. Yes, you can.
你能行 不能半途而废
You can do it. You can’t fail.
你会更痛苦 遭受更多
You’ll have more pain, you will suffer more,
但你一定会成功 你只是需要时间罢了
but you will create. All you need is time.
想想你喜欢的东西 别理他
Think about the things you like instead of him.
法克兰·辛纳屈[美国歌♥手兼演员]
Frank Sinatra. Hmm?
可口可乐
Coca-Cola.
利用这些替代品 忘掉不快
Use your substitutions and make it work for you.
-好的 -好的
– ok. – ok.
281场 第17条
Two-eight-one, take 17.
我们仍然是最早到的 是吗
Oh, we’re still the first ones, aren’t we?
咦 这里也不错啊
Gee, this is all right, too, isn’t it?
然后她去了 她
Then she goes… She…
停 又怎么了
Cut! What is the matter now?
你等等 玛丽莲 请等一下
You wait! Marilyn, please.
请你告诉我怎么才能帮你
Please, tell me how I can help you.
我不知道谁是埃尔希
I don’t know who Elsie is,
所以我没法扮演这个角色
and I can’t act her if I don’t know who she is.
你演得很到位啊
You have her precisely.
无论是内心世界还是表现
You understand her inside out.
我对你的天赋感到敬畏
I’m in awe of your gift.
-我们都佩服 -她不真实
– We all are. – She’s not real.
那你何不把你最拿手的拿出来呢
Then why not simply rely on your natural talents?
你的意思说不用我表演了
So are you saying you don’t want me to act?
玛丽莲 你只需要性感一点
Marilyn, will you just try to be sexy.
你不就是靠这个吃饭的吗
Isn’t that what you do?
我需要李
I want Lee.
我需要李
I want Lee.
-你已经有保拉了 -我需要李
– You’ve already got Paula… – I want Lee!
-我才是导演 -我是李的代理人
– I’m the director. – I’m Lee’s representative.
现在是纽约凌晨五点
It’s 5 o’clock in the morning in New York.
我需要李
I want Lee!
从今以后
Oh, now forever,
出自莎士比亚《奥赛罗》第三幕 第三场
永别了 宁静的心绪
farewell the tranquil mind,
永别了 平和的幸福
farewell content…
永别了 威武的大军
Farewell the plumed troops
和激发壮志的战争 啊 永别了
and the big wars that make ambition virtue. Oh, farewell!
保拉又不是演员
Paula’s not an actress!
也不是导演 也不是老师
She’s not a director, she’s not a teacher!
她唯一会的就是奉承玛丽莲
Her only talent is buttering up Marilyn!
拉里 她需要身边有关心她的人
Larry, she needs her people.
我们是她仅有的家人
We’re the only family she’s ever had.
你知道什么会让玛丽莲·梦露
Do you know what would make
成为一个真正的演员吗
Marilyn Monroe a real actor?
一个冷淡期
A season in rep.
要是在伊斯特本的竞技场
They wouldn’t stand for
他们根本不会容忍♥这种无理取闹
this nonsense at the Hippodrome in Eastbourne.
拉里 你需要对她耐心点
Larry, you have to be patient with her.
教玛丽莲演戏
Trying to teach Marilyn
简直就像对牛弹琴
how to act is like teaching Urdu to a badger!
我还是去看看她
I better go see her.
她需要借助些东西冷静下来
She’ll need something to help her calm down.
天啊 吃药睡觉 吃药起床
Christ! Pills to sleep. Pills to wake up.
吃药冷静 吃药提神
Pills to calm her down. Pills to give her energy.
难怪她永远都这么没用
No wonder she’s permanently ten feet underwater!
-可能她有点怕 -我们都怕的要命
– Maybe she’s scared. – We’re all scared!
我一半的职业生涯都毁在这不幸的噩梦中
I’ve spent half of my professional life in abject bloody terror!
演员不就是干这个的
It’s what actors do!
但你受过训练 知道怎么对付这些事
But you have the training to deal with it, sir.
我要是你就绝不会信”迷失的小姑娘”这套说辞
I wouldn’t buy the “Little girl lost” act if I were you.
虽然天知道 这话听起来多令人信服
Though heaven knows, it’s tempting.
我觉得玛丽莲完全知道她在做什么
I think Marilyn knows exactly what she’s doing.
你最好去帕克赛德那儿看一下
Look, you better get over to parkside
确定那个可怜的孩子没事
and make sure the poor girl’s all right.
玛丽莲没事了 她吃了点药休息了
Marilyn’s OK. She’s taken some pills and gone to bed.
他们就喜欢给她吃药 这样就好控制她了
They like to keep her doped up. It makes her easier to control.
他们怕他们的摇钱树会长腿跑了
They’re terrified their cash cow will slip away.
干杯
Cheers.
为什么所有人都觉得我疯了
Why does everybody always think I’m crazy?
我没疯
I’m not crazy.
玛丽莲 回床上来
Marilyn, come back to bed.
写的不是你
It’s not about you.
不是你想的那样
It’s not what you think.
就只是些想法
It’s just a few ideas.
作家素材
Writer stuff.
我们睡觉吧 顺便把我的书拿上来
Come on, let’s get some sleep and… bring back my book.
别碰我
Don’t touch me.
松树摄影棚
早上好 梦露小姐
Good morning, Miss Monroe.
都快中午了
It’s nearly lunchtime.
她没找到演戏的感觉
She’s not feeling the part.
不过是部轻喜剧 需要她怎么有感觉
It’s a light comedy. How much feeling can it possibly require?
给她点时间吧 拉里
Just give her a few minutes, Larry.
孩子 请你去问问到底是怎么回事
Boy, will you find out what the hell is going on, please?
是科林
It’s Colin.
进来吧
Come in.
梦露小姐 你没事吧
Are you all right, Miss Monroe?
-你多大了 -二十四岁
– How old are you? – Twenty-four.
快二十四岁了 现在二十三
Nearly. I’m… I’m 23. I’m nearly 24.
知道吗 我们觉得你像电影里王子
Do you know you remind us of the young king in the movie?
那么
And so, uh…
亲切
sweet.
又天真
And innocent.
我想我没那么天真
I’m not sure I’m that innocent.
你在这部电影里做什么
So, what’s your job on this picture?
我是导助 其实就是跑腿打杂的
I’m the third assistant director. So, it’s a gofer, really.
被人家支来遣去的
“Go for this, go for that.”
但你也是拉里的助理
But you’re Larry’s assistant, too.
没错
Yes.
你昨晚去我家做什么
What were you doing in my house last night?
是他派你去的吗
Did he send you?
他担心你
He was worried about you.
你是来监视我的吗
Are you spying on me?
不 当然不是 怎么会有人监视你呢
No, of course not. Why would anyone spy on you?
科林
Colin.
你站在谁那边
Whose side are you on?
你这边 梦露小姐
Yours, Miss Monroe.
喊我玛丽莲吧
Call me Marilyn.
玛丽莲有新男朋友了
Marilyn’s got a new boyfriend.
-拉里要嫉妒了 -什么事都没发生
– Larry will get jealous. – Nothing happened.
你在里面待了十分钟
You were there for ten minutes.
够你们亲热的了
Plenty of time for a kiss and a cuddle.
昨晚我以为在梦里听到了歌♥声
I dreamed last night that I could hear singing.
然后又意识到我根本没在做梦
And then I realized it wasn’t a dream.
有个男声合唱团
There was a male voice choir
站在我们窗下给玛丽莲唱小夜曲
serenading Marilyn under our window.
那是凌晨两点钟啊
At two in the morning.
简直像看马戏团的畸形秀一样
It’s a circus. Freak show.
我要回纽约待几天
I’m going back to New York for a few days.
我需要休息一下 我想见见我的孩子
I need a break. I need to see my kids.
-这对玛丽莲没好处 -我帮不了她
– That won’t help Marilyn. – I can’t help her.
她想要我保护她 但我做不到
She wants me to protect her, but… I can’t.
她以为我能给她安全感
She thought I could smash all her insecurities.
我能把她变成一个全新的人
That I can make her a new person.
她读了一些我写的笔记
She read some notes I made.
根本没什么 只是些想法罢了
They were nothing. Just… just a few ideas.
是写她的吗
But about her?
她误解了我的意思
She took them the wrong way.
你爱她对吗 毕竟她是你的新娘
You do… love her, your new bride and all that?
我没法工作
I can’t work.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!