1965年 事业处于顶峰的玛丽莲·梦露抵达英格兰
和劳伦斯·奥利弗爵士合拍电影
在那里 她遇见一个名叫科林·克拉克的年轻人
他写了一本电影的拍摄日记
这是他们真实的故事
当爱步入歧途
When love goes wrong
一切都不如意
Nothing goes right
此事我悉知
This one thing I know
当爱步入歧途
When love goes wrong
男人逃之夭夭
A man takes flight
女人自命不凡
And women get uppity-oh
热浪向我们袭来
We’re having a heat wave
热情的爱浪
A tropical heat wave
骤然升温
The temperature’s rising
不必吃惊
It isn’t surprising
你当然可以
You certainly can
我掀起这轮热浪
I started this heat wave
座位也为之摇晃
By letting my seat wave
以这种方式
And in such a way that
顾客们都说
The customers say that
我当然可以
I certainly can
无所不能
Can-can
热浪向我们袭来
We’re having a heat wave
热情的爱浪
A tropical heat wave
连温度计都撼动
The way that I move that thermometer proves
我当然可以
That I certainly can
无所不能
Can
我与梦露的一周
每个人都对第一份工作记忆犹新
Everyone remembers their first job.
这是我的故事
This is the story of mine.
我出生在一个人才辈出的家庭 是老幺
I was the youngest in a family of overachievers.
父亲是举世闻名的艺术史学家
My father was a world-famous art historian,
哥哥各方面都比我强
and my brother was ahead of me in everything.
而我总是扶不起的阿斗
I was always the disappointment.
我每周四晚都要去一家小型电影院
I found my solace in the
在那里我找到了安慰
small cinema I went to every Thursday night.
阿尔弗雷德·希区柯克
Alfred Hitchcock.
奥森·威尔斯 劳伦斯·奥利弗
Orson Welles. Laurence Olivier.
以下人名皆为著名导演和演员
他们是我心目中的英雄
These were my heroes.
我也想成为他们中一员
I wanted to be a part of their world.
二十三岁时 机会来了
When I was 23, I got my chance.
科林 进来 认识詹姆斯和安娜吗
Colin, come in. Have you met James and Anna,
-我的两个得意门生 -你们好
– my two very brilliant pupils? – Hello.
-我要去伦敦 爸 -你那愚蠢的面试
– I’m off to London now, Pa. – Your silly job interview.
祝你好运 孩子
Well, bonne chance, dear boy.
你要能成熟一点
I can always get you a research position at the V&A
不胡思乱想什么电影的事儿
once you’ve grown up a bit
我倒是可以在维多利亚和阿尔伯特
and got this film idea
博物馆给你找份研究工作
out of your system.
-我要走了 妈妈 -去哪里
– So I’m off now, Ma. – Off?
-工作面试 -不留下来吃晚饭吗
– My job interview, Mother. – Oh! Can’t you stay for dinner?
虽然没什么好吃的
There’s nothing to eat,
但我保证谈话会很有意思
but I’m sure the conversation will be charming.
我不想在早上迟到
I don’t want to be late in the morning.
他们肯定不会介意的
I’m sure they won’t mind.
你很快就要成为一位名导演了
You’ll be a famous film director in no time.
我竭尽全力向我的家庭证明自己
I had everything to prove to my family,
但更多的是向自己证明
but more to prove to myself.
和许多年轻人一样 我要走自己的路
Like every young man, I had to make my own way.
于是我决定离开家
So I decided to leave home
进入电影圈
and join the circus.
皮卡迪利大街144号♥ 制片人劳伦斯·奥利弗
-有何贵干 -下部片中给我一份工作
– What do you want? – A job on your next film.
你是演员吗
You’re an actor, aren’t you?
不 我想往制片人方向发展
No, I want to work on the production side.
我们接下来八周都没有拍片计划
We don’t start shooting for another eight weeks.
-到时候再来 -我能等等看吗
– Come back nearer the time. – May I wait until there’s a job?
瓦内萨
Vanessa!
-晚上好 -晚上好 先生
– Good night. – Good night, sir.
没有活儿
There are no jobs.
以防万一 我明早还会来
I’ll come back tomorrow morning just in case.
随你便
It’s a free country.
-早上好 -你真是不达目的不罢休啊
– Good morning. – You’re very determined.
为进电影圈我不惜一切代价
Well, I’d do anything to be in the film business.
真的吗
Anything?
劳伦斯·奥利弗爵士工作室
Sir Laurence Olivier Productions.
这周末前他都会在诺特里庄园
No, I’m afraid he’s at Notley till the end of the week.
-是瓦内萨让我 -是吗
– Vanessa asked me to… – Oh, did she?
我要诺埃尔·科沃德的电♥话♥ 号♥码本上没有
I need a number for Noel Coward. It won’t be in the book.
诺埃尔·科沃德
斯隆大街 2965
-你好 费雯 -你好
– Hello, Vivien. – Hello.
– 劳伦斯爵士 -休瑞
– Sir Laurence. – Hughie!
根本打不通玛丽莲·梦露的电♥话♥
Simply impossible to get Marilyn Monroe on the telephone.
这位大小姐一整天都在睡觉
The darling girl spends the entire day asleep.
你好 小伙子 你是哪位
Hello, boy. Remind me.
老公 他是科林
Darling, you remember Colin.
你们在克拉克的聚会上见过
You met him at the Clark’s party.
当然记得 你怎么在这里
Of course. What are you doing here?
你说你的电影里可能需要人
You said there might be a job on your film.
抽支烟 整包给你吧
Have a cigarette. Keep the pack.
奥利弗自己特制的同名香烟
谢谢 先生
Thank you, sir.
梦露小姐要是不把她的翘臀从床上移开
There won’t be a film unless
哪来电影可拍啊
Miss Monroe gets her splendid posterior out of bed.
内务委员会威胁说要扣留米勒的护照
The house committee is threatening to withhold Miller’s passport.
他们说他是共♥产♥党员
They say he’s a communist.
亚瑟不来玛丽莲就不来了
No Arthur, no Marilyn.
我会和美国大使沟通的
I’ll have a word with the American ambassador.
周四我带他去看费雯的剧
I’m taking him to see Vivien’s play on Thursday.
泰瑞重新写了 他们都来吗
Terry’s rewrites, are they in?
没有全来 什么时候他们全来过啊
Not all of them, of course. When did that ever happen?
他是继杜·毛瑞尔之后
He’s the first actor since du Maurier
第一个有自己香烟品牌的演员
to have his own brand.
他身价很高
They pay him an absolute fortune.
我担心他们负担不起
I’m afraid they’re rather ghastly.
他是不是很迷人啊 瓦内萨
Isn’t he gorgeous, Vanessa?
还好啦
I suppose he’s all right.
亲爱的 你得帮帮科林
Darling, you must do something for Colin.
你说过的
You absolutely promised.
休瑞 给他找点事做
Hughie, let’s try to find him something to do.
-好的 -走吧 亲爱的
– Yes. Of course. – Come on, darling.
你会照顾我的宝贝小拉里 是吧
You’ll look after my precious Larrykins, won’t you?
-走了 亲爱的 -天哪
– Come on, darling. – Christ.
你喜欢吗
Do you like it?
相当不错
That’s absolutely splendid.
-你天生就是干这个的 -关门
– You were absolutely born for it. – Door.
对不起
Sorry.
转一圈好吗 亲爱的
And could you turn all the way around, my darling?
谢谢 拉里很喜欢这条裙子
Thank you. This is the dress Larry likes.
-如何 -摄像机都要被你迷倒了
– There? – The camera’s ravishing you.
是吗 过奖了
Oh, dear. That sounds serious.
-非常棒 -太过了吗
– That’s wonderful. – Too much?
天哪 怎么会
Oh, God. Not for me.
亚瑟·雅各布 梦露小姐的经纪人
Arthur Jacobs, miss Monroe’s publicist,
明天飞抵
is flying in tomorrow.
他想看看她下榻的地方
He wants to see the house where she’ll be staying.
去找个合适的地方
Find something suitable.
知道了 先生
Yes, sir.
重要的是 你感觉如何
More importantly, how does it make you feel?
茶放下
And leave the bloody tea.
对不起
Oh. Sorry.
绝不可能
Absolutely out of the question.
我不会让那些乱七八糟的电影人
I can’t have a lot of awful film people
穿着脏鞋子在我房♥子里走来走去