我知道 妈妈 我仔仔细细考虑过了
Yeah. Believe it or not, Mom, I actually thought about it.
莎拉
Sara.
你疯了吗 看她干的好事
Have you lost your mind? What is she doing?
你到底在想什么 她又在想什么
What the hell were you thinking? What the hell is she thinking?
我真不明白…
I don’t understand….
现在一起喷水
Let’s hit it now, go.
菲茨杰拉德
Fitzgerald!
你老婆来电♥话♥了 叫你打给她
Your wife called, she said to give her a call,
很重要的事 十万火急
It’s important. 911.
你怎么现在才告诉我
Just telling me now?
我又不是你秘书 自己去打你的烂电♥话♥
I’m not your secretary. Get your own frigging calls.
该死的
Goddamn it, gus.
好吧 说来听听 怎么回事
All right, let’s hear it. What’s going on?
好
Okay.
先不说手术有多危险
Forget about the fact that the operation is dangerous,
或者有多痛
Or that it would hurt…
或者我不想被开膛破肚
…or that I might not want to have something cut out of me.
就说如果我只有一个肾 我该怎么活
But if I only have one kidney, then what happens to me?
如果我需要它怎么办
What if I need it?
永远不能去做运动
And am I really never allowed to play sports
不能加入拉拉队 不能怀孕
Or be a cheerleader or get pregnant?
不能喝酒
Can’t drink.
如果我想活很久呢
What if I just want to live a long time?
亲爱的 你可以活很久
Sweetheart, you’re gonna live a long time.
那你告诉我
Yeah, but tell me this.
如果移植手术不成功怎么办
What if the transplant doesn’t work? What then?
她是你姐姐
She’s your sister.
我知道 但我不想那么做 我不像你
I know that! But I’m not like you, Mom!
看看别的小孩 看人家都在干吗
I see the other kids, I see what they do.
人家去派对 去沙滩
They go to parties, the beach.
真不明白 你以前怎么什么都不说
I don’t understand why you didn’t say something earlier.
我该什么时候说
When? When should I talk to you about it?
你永远不在家 就把我扔给她
You’re never home. You leave me here with her.
你说什么呢
Excuse me?
你根本不用勉强自己做不想做的事
You’ve never had to do anything you don’t want to do,
你知道的
And you know that!
我根本就是什么都做
I always wound up doing everything, didn’t I?
-你把她惯坏了 -别喊了
– You spoiled shit! – Stop yelling!
都安静一下
Everyone be quiet.
她有话说就让她说
We said she gets the table, she gets the table.
继续
Go ahead.
记得医生说如果我动了手术会怎样吗
Remember how the doctor said if I did the operation…
我一生都得很小心
…I would have to be careful for the rest of my life?
可我不想一生都小心翼翼 谁想啊
But I don’t want to be careful. Who wants to live like that?
-安娜 听着 -妈妈 我也很重要啊
– Anna, listen– – I’m important too, Mom. I’m important too.
-现在… -别管我
– Hey, now– – Let me go!
妈妈需要静一静 她有点儿难过
Mom needs to cool off a bit. She’s a little upset.
我听到她说
Yeah, I heard her.
“让她滚 我再也不想看到她”
“Get her out of here. I don’t want to look at her face anymore.”
看着女儿 我在想事情怎么会走到这一步
I looked at my daughter and wondered how it got from there to here.
-说实话 -好
– The truth, the truth. – Okay.
你觉得怎么样
All right, so, what do you think?
有点淡
A bit more salt.
一点点
A bit more.
从我们决定人工受孕那一刻起
From the moment we decided to genetically conceive…
我想这一切就注定了
…I suppose this was the eventual outcome.
这是我们的错
It was our fault.
既然决定对抗自然 那么这就是惩罚
We went against nature and this was our comeuppance.
难道真是我们把她逼太紧了吗
But have we really pushed her too hard?
一直以来是我们在强迫她照顾姐姐吗
Have we forced her into helping her sister?
那些小小的安慰和鼓励都是现实吗
All those little encouragements and rewards, were they real?
还是我们只在乎了自己想要的
Or did we just want what we wanted?
事情发生的时候她还那么小
She was so little when all this started.
她是什么时候想要自己做决定的呢
When did she start wanting to make her own decisions?
-不要怕 -我要我爸爸
– It’s okay. – I want my Daddy.
-我要妈妈 不要啊 妈妈 -不用怕
– I want my Mama! No, please! Mama! – It’s okay. I know.
妈妈
Mommy!
答案就是现在
I guess the answer is now.
什么叫你不知道
What do you mean, you don’t know?
她什么都不说
She won’t talk.
她可能只是希望我们顾及她的感受
You know, maybe she just wants to be considered.
相信我 那是她的决定
Take the credit that it’s her decision,
我不知道 可能她做得并没错
I don’t know. Maybe it’s not crazy.
难道你不希望她做器♥官♥移♥植♥吗
What, you don’t want her to do it?
我没这么说
I didn’t say that.
但是那违背了她的意愿 怎么行得通
But it’s against her will, so how does that work?
-谁来抓住她 你还是我 -别激动
– Do you hold her down, or do I? – Don’t be dramatic.
你抓她的脚 我抓她的手吗
You gonna take her ankles, I’ll take her wrists?
-她不是小孩子了 你已经不能对她耍花招了 -我知道
– She’s not a baby. You just can’t trick her. – I know.
然后呢
So then what?
-我不知道 -给她吃安♥眠♥药♥吗
– I don’t know. – You want to sedate her?
用手铐铐住她 告诉她我们去给她买♥♥冰激凌吗
Get handcuffs, tell her we’re going to get ice cream again?
如果我们那么做 她一生都会觉得
Because if we do, every day for the rest of her life…
我们强迫了她 利用了她
…she’s gonna look at us like we forced her, like we used her.
她是对的
And she’ll be right.
布莱恩 我没那么做 你到底站在哪一边
For chrissakes, Brian, I didn’t do this. Whose side are you on?
哪一边? 我们还分派系吗
Side. What sides? Are there sides now?
她不想做手术
She doesn’t want to do it.
11点的预约到了
Your 11:00 appointment is here.
我11点没预约
I don’t have 11:00 appointment
等等 你不能进去
wait, you can’t go in there.
放手
Get your hands off me.
亚历山大先生
Mr. Alexander
我是莎拉·菲茨杰拉德 安娜的母亲
I’m Sara Fitzgerald, Anna’s mother.
行了 格洛莉亚
It’s okay, Gloria.
你确定? 我不想叫保安
Are you sure? I don’t mind calling security.
没事 谢谢你
No, no. Thank you.
可以为你做什么 菲茨杰拉德太太
What can I do for you, Mrs. Fitzgerald?
加州未成年人独♥立♥的法定年龄是14岁
The legal age for emancipation of a minor is 14 in the state of California.
这是法律 你可以去查查
It’s the law, you might want to check it.
安娜才11岁 早了3年
Anna’s 11, you’re three years early.
我知道 她要试试
I’m aware, she’s challenging.
不行 她太小了
She can’t. She’s too young to stand.
我做她的监护诉讼
I’m filing for her as guardian ad litem.
你算什么 家庭独♥立♥机关工作人员?
As what? A family independence agency?
我成为美国公民♥联♥合会的志愿者15年了
I have 15 years as a volunteer member of the aclu…
除了这个
In addition to which
我还有你女儿亲笔签名的委托书
I have this power of attorney signed by your daughter.
这根本站不住脚 甚至都不合法
This will never hold up. It’s not even legal.
安娜不想做器♥官♥移♥植♥
Anna doesn’t want to do it anymore.
不管她是不是11岁 她都有自己的权利
And 11 years old or not, she has rights.
所以只要她想继续 我就会帮她
And so long as she wants to move forward, I am going to help her.
为什么 对你有什么好处
Why? What’s your interest?
这不是你做的那种案子
This isn’t a case for you.
-她没钱 -对我有什么好处
– There’s no money. – What’s my interest?
在11年里经历了8次住院治疗
Eight hospitalizations in 11 years…
6次导管插入手术 2次骨髓吸引手术
…six catheterisations, two bone-marrow aspirations…
2次干细胞清除
Two stem-cell purges.
她是为了救她姐姐
She was helping her sister.
先不提及如流血 感染 擦伤之类的副作用
Not to mention the side effects, including bleeding, infections, bruising.
注射惠尔血 是促长激素 对吗
Filgrastim shots. Those are growth hormones, am I correct?
差不多
Something like that.
缓解呕吐的药 止痛的镇定剂
Drugs for nausea, opiates for pain,
缓释安♥眠♥药♥
Ambien for sleep.
并不适合青春期前孩子的药物
Not exactly the proper medication for a preteen.
任何治疗过程都可能会有风险和并发症
Every procedure had its risks and complications.
安娜理解 她觉得可以
Anna understood that, she was okay with it.
-是吗 -是的
– Really? – Yeah.
在她5岁的时候
At 5 years old.
天哪 你很厉害 你真的很厉害
Oh, my God, you’re good. You’re really good.