求你了
Please.
你真的要这么做吗
You sure you want to go through with this?
祝你好运
Good for you.
世事难料
It’s hard to imagine now…
孩子还小 还没生病之前
But there was a time before all this happened…
全家都很快乐
When the kids were just kids, and everyone was happy.
宝宝
Hi, baby.
-姐姐呢 -在睡觉
– Where’s your sister? – Sleeping.
我叫不醒她
I tried poking her and everything.
小猫咪
Hey, katie-cat.
早上好 小宝宝 醒了吗
Good morning, sweetie. Are you awake?
睡得好吗
How you doing?
太阳晒屁♥股♥咯
Rise and shine.
贫血 对吧
Anemia, right?
孩子那么小不会得白血病吧
Kids her age don’t get mono, do they?
可能是病毒感染
Could be a virus.
要抽血检查
I’ll have to draw some blood and run a few tests.
凯特的白细胞含量太少
Kate’s white cell count’s much lower than normal.
-什么意思 -还不清楚
– What’s that mean? – I don’t know.
她可能有自身免疫缺乏症
She may have an autoimmune deficiency.
也可能是化验出错
Could just be a lab error.
肿瘤学?
Oncology?
那是癌症吧
But that’s cancer.
菲茨杰拉德夫妇
Mr. and Mrs. Fitzgerald?
我是伊莲娜·福柯
I’m Ileana Farquad.
-你好 -你好
– Hello. – Hi.
我看了凯特的化验单
So I took a look at Kate’s CBC.
她的白细胞值很低
Her white blood count is very low.
只有12‰的前髓细胞和5‰的胚细胞
She’s also presenting with 12%% promyelocytes and 5%% blasts
这是白血病的病征
Which does indicate a leukemic syndrome.
白血病?
Leukemic?
血癌
Cancer.
要做骨髓穿刺才能确定
I’ll need a bone marrow aspiration to confirm…
凯特患的可能是
But it seems that Kate could have what
急性早幼粒细胞性白血病
Is called acute promyelocytic leukemia.
抱歉
I’m sorry.
呼吸正常
Respiration’s normal.
圣乔医院懂个屁
St. Joe’s doesn’t know shit.
记得上次主任儿子和杰西玩
You remember when the chief’s son was
跌断了左手吗
Playing with Jesse and broke his left arm?
医生居然给右手打石膏
They put a cast on his right.
我不会让女儿死的
I’m not gonna let her die.
你知道 对吧
You know that, right?
我不会让她死的
I’m not.
喂?
Hello?
我们听到她咳嗽
We heard her coughing but
可她打不开门 你妈妈把门踢开了
She wouldn’t open the door. Your Mom kicked it in.
妈妈踢门了?
Kicked the door down?
我还没联♥系♥上他们 她大量失血
I haven’t gotten in touch with them, she’s lost a lot of blood.
要给她输液 输血小板
We need to get platelets and fluids into her.
-我不想她休克 -年龄体重多少
– I don’t want her going into shock. – Her age and weight?
15岁 约90磅 对青霉素过敏
Fifteen, she’s about 90 pounds, she’s allergic to penicillin.
血压168
One-hundred over 68.
大本营 急救11号♥
Okay, base camp, rescue 11 .
15岁女孩 体重约90磅
We have a 15-year-old girl, approximately 90 pounds.
-血压168 -我的天哪
– BP is 100 over 68. – Jesus christ.
大家不说话 但人都来齐了
Nobody’s saying anything but seeing everybody.
我也知道事态严重
Together lets me know that this is serious.
我们家亲戚不怎么来往
Our family is kind of disconnected.
爸爸的亲戚有钱但疏远
Dad’s relatives are wealthy and distant,
妈妈的亲戚都很崩溃
And Mom’s side drives her crazy.
所以除了凯莉阿姨外
So besides aunt Kelly…
非节假日或家庭大事都见不到他们
We never really get to see anybody except on holidays or disasters.
凯特的白血病又犯了
Kate’s leukemia is back.
她撑不了多久了
She’s no longer remissing.
血涂片上只有23%的白细胞
We’ve looked at her smear, and her leukemic cells are showing at 23%.
-多少算糟 -很糟糕
– How many is bad? – Any.
化疗有用吗
What about chemo?
化疗也可以 但凯特太虚弱了
It’s an option, but Kate doesn’t seem to take it very well.
现阶段化疗可能不起作用
And her cancer may be too far along.
要捐骨髓吗
So you need more bone marrow?
是的 但目前最严重的不是白血病
Yes, but the leukemia isn’t Kate’s biggest problem now.
她肾功能不全
She’s lost the function of her kidneys.
肾衰竭
They’ve quit.
已经不行了
They’re gone.
-都不匹配吗 -是的
– Not a match? – No.
我们是她父母 也不匹配?
We’re her parents, don’t we have to be?
每个人都遗传两套白细胞抗原
Everyone inherits two sets of chromosomes containing hla genes.
父母只有1/200的机会
Unfortunately, there’s only a 1 in 200 chance that parents
和孩子的白细胞抗原相匹配
And their children’ll be perfect histocompatible hla matches.
杰西呢
What about Jesse?
恐怕也不行
I’m afraid not.
也许国家骨髓登记处
It’s possible that a donor will crop up
会出现合适的选择
On the national bone-marrow registry.
你不是说无血缘的捐赠移植
I thought you said getting a
很可能出现排斥反应
Transplant from an unrelated donor was dangerous.
是的
I did.
但凯特的病情刻不容缓
But Kate’s situation is time-sensitive,
必须放手一搏
And sometimes that’s all we’ve got.
我有个非正式建议
I’d like to suggest something completely off the record.
兄弟姐妹中可能出现匹配者
Many times one sibling isn’t a match, but another is.
你们有计划再要一个孩子吗
Have you considered having another child?
别灰心…
Not to be forward…
脐带血治疗白血病
But umbilical blood can be an incredibly
功效卓越
Effective tool in treating leukemic patients.
堪称奇效
It’s like a miracle.
你怎么确定下一个孩子匹配
How would you know that the new child would be a match?
-我们可以控制 -试管婴儿吗
– We could make sure of it. – In a test tube?
没错 通过胚胎植入前基因诊断
Yes. With preimplantation genetic diagnosis,
匹配率可达100%
It would be a 100 percent match.
移植婴儿?
A donor child?
这机会可不是人人都有
It’s not for everybody.
法律上 我不能作正式建议
And legally, I can’t even officially recommend it.
但脐带血确实疗效显著
But like I said, cord blood would be invaluable.
我们要试
Well, we gotta do it.
我们得试试
We gotta try.
事情就是这样
That was it.
培养皿内受精发育的试管婴儿
Grown in a dish, they would have an in vitro child.
100%染色体匹配的基因救星
A perfect chromosomal match who would be Kate’s genetic savior.
有人要见你
Someone here to see you.
-莎拉·菲茨杰拉德? -我就是
– Sara fitzgerald? – Yes.
你被起诉了
You’ve been served.
这是什么
What is that?
“诉求医疗解放…”
“Petition for medical emancipation by….”
什么意思
What does that mean?
“独♥立♥决策医疗事项 不受父母控制”
“The ability to make future medical decisions independent of parents”
“不接受胁迫捐赠肾脏手术”
“Not to be forced to submit treatment including donating her kidney.”
安娜 这是什么 你搞出来的?
Anna, what is this? Is this from you?
是 我请了律师
Yeah, I got a lawyer.
你要起诉我们?
You’re suing us?
亲爱的 你这怎么回事
Honey, what the hell is going on?
我不想再这样了
I don’t want to do it anymore, Mom.
你不想再这样 你不想怎样啊 不想捐肾?
You don’t want to do it anymore? That’s it? You don’t want to do it?
是的
No.
你以为我想这样吗 你以为凯特想吗
Guess what? Neither do I and neither does Kate.
-别吵了 -我们别无选择
– Please. – It’s not like we have a choice.
我有选择 我可以选择
That’s the thing, I do. I do have a choice.
是吗 你不做?
Really? Is that so?
-对 -你忘了她是你姐姐吗
– Yeah. – That’s your sister. Have you forgotten?
-没有 -你知道不捐会怎样吗
– No. – Do you know what’s gonna happen?