Ah, crap!
一切都结束了。
It’s all over.
朱迪?
Judy?
她离开我们。
She’s leaving us.
为谁?
For whom?
这有关系吗?
Does it matter?
如果我是朱迪,我也会离开的。
If I were Judy, I would have left too.
乔安娜……
Joanna…
为什么?
Why?
告诉我,我很好奇。你为什么要离开?
Tell me, I’m curious. Why would you leave?
不,我真的很抱歉。
No, I’m really, really sorry.
我不是那个意思。我只是,嗯……
I didn’t mean that. I just, um…
我只是舍不得她走,仅此而已。
I’m just sad to see her leave, that’s all.
在你说出一个能启发我们的理由之前,
Well, until you can articulate a reason that will enlighten us,
你可以继续打字听写了。
you can go back to typing your dictation.
等你做完了再去拿丹尼尔的处方。
And fetch Daniel’s prescriptions when you’re done.
把门关上!
Close the door!
搞什么名堂!我简直不敢相信!
For crying out loud! I can’t believe it!
我还是不明白她到底在想什么!
I still don’t understand what the hell she’s thinking!
好吧,你认为当一个男人坠入爱河,
OK, you think that when a man falls in love,
他不看别的女人,对吧?
he doesn’t look at another woman, hmm?
但我要告诉你一个消息。
But I have news for you.
这个世界上的每个男人都在注视着每个女人
Every man in this world is looking at every woman
决定天气好坏,她……
and deciding weather or not she’s…
他想上她?
He wants to fuck her?
她很性感。对吧?
She’s sexy. Right?
唐,我觉得你有麻烦了
Don, I think you might be in a hole
你最好别再挖了。
and you might wanna stop digging.
你以为女人不看别的男人吗?我们所做的。
You think women don’t look at other men? We do.
我们甚至会看其他女人。
We even look at other women.
我们只是在做的时候不要流口水。
We just don’t drool while we do it.
布巴,布巴……
Buba, Buba…
我只为你流口水!
I drool exclusively for you!
嗯?
Hmm?
嘿!
Hey!
白葡萄酒?
White wine?
不,谢谢。我,呃……我要走了。
No thanks. I’m, uh… I’m gonna go.
不要离开。
Don’t leave.
哦,我知道。
Oh, I know.
我,我是来给你这个的。
I, um, I actually came to give you this.
这是什么?
What’s this?
这是卡尔。
It’s from Karl.
他要来华盛顿听音乐会。
He’s coming to Washington for a concert.
他真的很想让你去。
He really wants you to go.
你和卡尔有联♥系♥吗?
You’ve been in touch with Karl?
他给你写了封信,但你一直没有回信。
He wrote you a letter, but you never answered.
星期三在华盛顿。
Wednesday in DC.
是的。
Yeah.
它是什么?
What is it?
应该有人去华盛顿参加会议
Someone should go to the meeting in Washington
克利福德·布拉德伯里,
with Clifford Bradbury,
确保他准备好了
make sure that he’s prepared
给他讲讲局里的规章制度。
and walk him through the agency’s protocol.
他在电♥话♥里听起来确实有些紧张不安。
He did sound jittery on the phone.
我不能离开纽约。
I can’t leave New York.
但我想我可以派……
But I suppose I could send…
我!
Me!
—你呢?—给我!
– You? – Send me!
为什么?
Why?
做笔记,帮助克利福德。
Take notes and assist Clifford.
就让我为中情局这么做吧。
Just let me do this for the agency.
嗯……
Uh…
你要去华盛顿
You are to go to Washington,
做中情局的耳目
be the agency’s eyes and ears,
找出这个叫克利福德的人是谁。
find out who this Clifford person is.
你要事先和他见面
You are to meet with him beforehand
然后向他汇报,
and debrief him afterwards,
但你不能见杰瑞。
but you are not to meet with Jerry.
杰瑞一定以为他们是自己见面的。
Jerry must think they are meeting on their own.
理解吗?
Understood?
你不会后悔的。
You will not regret this.
我们走着瞧吧。
We’ll see about that.
嘿!等等!
Hey! Wait!
我有一个……我有礼物给你。
I’ve got a… got a gift for you.
我的生日是两个月前。
My birthday was 2 months ago.
哦,生日是给Hallmark的。
Oh, well, birthdays are for Hallmark.
这是,呃……
It’s, uh…
这是我的小说。
It’s my novel.
你做完了吗?
You finished it?
怎么,你不想看吗?
What, don’t you want to read it?
我当然知道!是啊!
Uh, of course I do! Yeah!
谢谢!
Thanks!
恭喜!
Congrats!
布拉德伯里先生吗?
Mr. Bradbury?
是的,乔安娜!
Yes, Joanna!
—你好!—你好!
– Hi! – Hi!
—很高兴见到你。—你。
– Nice to meet you. – And you.
我拓宽了脊椎,看,
I’ve widened the spine, see,
这本书太薄了,不能再长了。
to give the book some length because it’s too thin.
我还重新输入了《纽约客》。
I also re-typed it all from The New Yorker.
我没有扫描。
I didn’t scan it.
还有件好事,因为有一些小的拼写错误。
And good thing too, because there were a few small typos.
《纽约客》不打错字!
The New Yorker doesn’t make typos!
哦,是的!小的,但还是有拼写错误。
Oh, yes! Small ones, but typos still.
塞林格是一个如此执着细节的人。
Salinger is such a stickler for details.
我做了两个模型。
I made two mock-ups.
哇!
Wow!
你觉得我应该多做点吗?
Do you think I should have made more?
不。
No.
我想我应该多做点的。
Oh, I think I should have made more, yeah.
布拉德伯里先生,一切都会很顺利的。
Mr. Bradbury, it’s gonna go very well.
忘掉你听到的关于塞林格先生的一切吧。
Just forget everything that you’ve heard about Mr. Salinger.
我想你会发现他很直率。
I think that you’ll find that he’s very straightforward.
做你自己很重要。
It’s important that you just be yourself.
发生了什么事?
What happened?
杰里·塞林格付了我的午餐钱!
Jerry Salinger paid for my lunch!
但结果如何呢?
But how did it go?
我们什么都同意。
We agreed on everything.
太好了!
That’s great!
我想我只是想他了?
I guess I just missed him then, huh?
除了拼写错误。
Except the typos.
什么意思?
What do you mean?
他不想让我纠正他们。
He did not want me to correct them.
是啊,我修好了,他好像很生气。
Yeah, he seemed peeved that I fixed them.
我一度想,
I thought, at one point,
他会说:“让我们把整件事都忘了吧。”
he’d say: “Let’s forget the whole thing.”
他说为什么了吗?
Did he say why?
他想把它完全印在《纽约客》,
He wants it printed exactly as it ran in The New Yorker,
好像这些错字是故意的。
as if the typos were actually intentional.
这毫无意义。
It makes no sense.
嘿。
Hey.
不要再修改拼写错误了。
Don’t fix any more typos.
不要告诉任何人关于这本书的事。
Don’t tell anybody about the book.
没有面试。那会毁了整个交易。
No interviews. That would ruin the whole deal.
是啊,我们可不想这么做。
Yeah, we don’t want to do that.
干得好,布拉德伯里先生!
Great work, Mr. Bradbury!
我的老板会很高兴的,好吗?
My boss is going to be very pleased, OK?
再见!
Bye!
—乔!—你好!
– Jo! – Hi!
你收到我的邀请了。
You got my invitation.
是的。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!