一个快乐的小房♥子
A happy little house
充满快乐的小配偶
Filled with a happy little spouse
孩子们如此聪明 一切都会回归正轨
And children so bright Will set everything right!
我希望你快乐
I want you to be happy.
亲爱的波 你已经获准在加拿大工作
Dear Bo, You have been approved for work in Canada.
立刻开始
Start immediately.
你得跟我一起去
You have to come with me.
但是加拿大大使♥馆♥怀疑东欧人想去那里干什么
But the Canadian Embassy was suspicious of Eastern Europeans wanting to go there.
他们不让我入境 除非我嫁给波
They would not let me in unless I was married to Bo,
波有工作许可证
who had a work permit.
因此我们去了瑞典
So we went to Sweden.
只有在瑞典 人们才能在没有体♥检♥的情况下迅速结婚
Only in Sweden could people marry swiftly, without medical examinations.
斯德哥尔摩 – 里加
泽尔玛 你愿意让这个男人成为你的丈夫
Zelma, will you have this man to be your husband
在婚约中♥共♥同生活吗?
to live together in the covenant of marriage?
你愿意爱他 安慰他 尊重他 守护他吗
Will you love him, comfort him, honor and keep him,
无论疾病还是健康
in sickness and in health,
只要你们俩还活着 就对他忠诚吗
and be faithful to him as long as you both shall live?
只要我还活着?
For as long as I live?
我… 我愿意
I… I will.
Bum, bum-bum, bum, bum, bum, bum
Bum, bum-bum, bum, bum, bum, bum
Bum, bum-bum, bum, bum, bum baaah-aaah-aaah-aaah
莫名其妙的是 光是说这两个字就让我筋疲力尽
Inexplicably, just saying those two words exhausted me.
瑞典 斯德哥尔摩
加拿大 多伦多
这是加拿大的应许之地(乐土)
This was the Promised Land of Canada.
我所有家乡的朋友都梦想着变得如此富有
All my friends back home dreamt to be so wealthy
这样他们就不用工作 也不用担心钱的问题
that they wouldn’t have to work or worry about money.
我不被允许在加拿大工作
I was not allowed to work in Canada.
没有工作提心吊胆 那会要了我的命
Not having work or worry was killing me.
啊哈
Aaaaah…
啊哈
Aaaaah…
啊哈
Aaaaah…
啊哈
Aaaaah…
神圣的《模范婚姻》书中写到
It is written in sacred “Model Marriage” books
一个好妻子要打扫卫生 还要做饭
That a good wife sweeps, cleans and she cooks.
你从早到晚都在床上
You are in bed from morning until night.
你不过是个懒惰的寄生虫
You are nothing but a lazy parasite.
啊哈
Haaaaah-aaaaaah
可耻 可耻 可耻
Shame! Shame! Shame!
可耻 可耻 可耻
Shame! Shame! Shame!
好 好 我起床了
OK! OK! I am getting up.
我可以把我的不快乐归结为一个源头 – 我的丈夫
I could pinpoint my unhappiness to one source – my husband.
他曾许诺过永远的完美和幸福
He had promised never-ending perfection and happiness.
但是随着我们在一起度过的每一天 他越来越不完美
But with every day we spent together he was less and less perfect
我也越来越不快乐
and I was less and less happy.
我不得不改变他
I had to change him
否则这种痛苦就会吞噬我
or this misery would swallow me.
把手从屁♥股♥上拿开
Take your hand off your hip.
嗯… 为什么?
Uh… Why?
这是一个中年女人的姿势 不适合男人
It’s the pose of a middle age woman. It doesn’t befit a man.
今天工作怎么样
How was work today?
和往常一样 没什么事
Same as usual. Not much going on.
他不会是个好间谍
He wouldn’t make a good spy.
这是撒谎者的典型姿势
This was the classical gesture of a liar.
他在掩盖什么
What was he covering?
别那样看着我
Don’t look at me like that.
和我说话时不要捂着嘴
Don’t cover your mouth when speaking to me.
我不喜欢你拿叉子的样子
I don’t like how you hold your fork.
我拿叉子的方式有什么问题吗
What is it about how I hold my fork?
它让我想起玛琳·黛德丽抽烟的样子
(玛琳·黛德丽, 1901-1992, 德裔美国演员兼歌♥手)
It reminds me of Marlene Dietrich smoking a cigarette.
玛琳·黛德丽没有任何错误
(玛琳·黛德丽, 1901-1992, 德裔美国演员兼歌♥手)
There is nothing wrong with Marlene Dietrich.
她很漂亮
She is beautiful.
她死了 她是个女人 不要这么做
She is dead. And she is a woman. Don’t do it.
这会让你看起来又丑又做作
It makes you look ugly and pretentious.
你能坐得更像个男人吗
Could you please sit more like a man?
什么… 我该怎么坐?
What… how should I sit?
像这样
Like this.
但是在我改变波的计划进行到一半的时候
But somewhere in the middle of my project of changing Bo
我开始注意到波试图改变我
I started to notice that Bo was trying to change me.
晚饭吃什么?
What’s for dinner?
我做了酿茄子
I cooked stuffed eggplant.
又是这
Again?
做过头的蔬菜太18世纪了
Overcooked vegetables are so 18th century!
我真不敢相信一个女人竟然没有受过营养方面的教育
I can’t believe a woman can be so uneducated about nutrition!
我们国家就是这么做饭的
That’s how we cook in my country.
恶心
Gross.
我希望你在我的办公室聚会上看起来漂亮
I want you to look pretty at my office party.
化点妆吧
Put some make-up on.
化妆? 我没有任何化妆品
Make-up? I don’t have any make-up!
对我来说 化妆就像戴个塑料面具
To me wearing make-up was like wearing a plastic mask.
这让我感到不自在 不舒服
It made me self-conscious and uncomfortable.
没有化妆的女人就像没有晨露的玫瑰
A woman without make-up is like a rose without the morning dew!
到了晚上 我们的街道上总是挤满了女人
In evenings our street would fill with women
她们让我想起了我的家乡
who reminded me of the country I was from.
一看到这些女人 波就会紧张起来 变得非常专注
At the sight of the women Bo would tense up and become very focused.
看起来他好像在试图通过心灵感应与她们交流
It looked as if he was trying to communicate with them telepathically.
我对你来说不够好吗?
Am I not good enough for you?
你想从她们那里得到什么?
What do you want from them?
没什么 我只是看看
Nothing. I’m just looking.
你不只是看看
You are NOT just looking.
人与人之间可以有亲近感 但与性无关
There can be an affinity between people without it being sexual.
和女人的亲近感? 你知道怎么做一个女人吗?
Affinity with women? What do you know about being a woman?
在我的国家 与女人的亲近感
In my country an affinity with women can only be earned
只能通过经期、怀孕、被虐待或强♥奸♥来获得
by having a period, getting pregnant, being abused or raped.
除此之外 就会让一个男人毫无头绪
Anything other than that makes you a man without a clue.
你知道怎么做一个女人吗?
What do YOU know about being a woman?
任何从远处看你的人都会误以为你是个男人
Anyone looking at you from a distance would mistake you for a man.
你的头发太长了
Your hair is too long.
这让你看起来精神错乱
It makes you look deranged.
我以为你喜欢我的头发
I thought you liked my hair!
喜欢过 那时它有金色的光芒
I did. When it had a golden glow.
现在看起来又油腻又稀疏
Now it just looks greasy and thin.
你一直在买♥♥那种不含护发素的便宜洗发水
You keep buying that cheap shampoo without conditioner.
我的头发现在当然油腻了
Of course my hair is greasy now!
这不是我想象中的婚姻
This is not the marriage I imagined.
我不快乐
I am not happy.
这不是我想象中的婚姻
This was not the marriage I imagined.
我不快乐
I was not happy.
我们不能再这样下去
We can’t continue on like this.
真让人难以忍♥受
It’s unbearable.
但我想到了一个办法
But I thought of a solution.
我们还是可以幸福的
We can still be happy.
一个办法?
A solution?
是的 是的
Yes. Yes.
问题是我们都很自私
The problem is we both are very selfish.
我们需要的不仅仅是我们自己
We need to have something that is more than just us.
我们应该要个孩子
We should have a baby.
孩子会解决我们所有的问题
The baby would solve all our problems.
我们会爱这个孩子
We would love the baby and through the baby
通过这个孩子 我们会再次爱上彼此
we would love each other again.
你可以留住她
You can keep a lady
如果你给她一个孩子
If you give her a baby!
你的男人将永远不会流浪
Your man will never stray wild
如果你给他一个孩子
If you give him a child!
我的两次婚姻都没能让我幸福
My two marriages failed to make me happy.
孩子能让我幸福吗?
Could a baby make me happy?
我用我的生命打赌 和波的婚姻会让一切变得完美
I had bet my life that marriage with Bo would make everything perfect.
但事实并非如此
And it didn’t turn out that way.
现在波要我拿自己的生命去赌他想要个孩子的梦想
Now Bo was asking me to gamble my life on his dream of having a baby.
但那只是个梦想
But it was just a dream.