-I’ll see ya later, Mam. -I’ll see ya later.
我认为毛嘉希是出色画家
I think Mulcahy is a great painter.
发自内心 有灵魂的
Inside. Soul.
我同意克里斯基的说法
You see? I agree with Christy.
我认为他太不羁
No. He’s too uncontrolled for me.
让克里斯基喝酒
Ah. Let Christy try the wine.
-他说什么 -拉丁弥撒
-What’s he saying? -The Latin mass.
我以为是乔伊斯的作品 酒是上品的
I thought it was James Joyce. The wine’s A1.
-你能说出年份吗 -我不是那么熟悉
-Can you tell us which year it is, Christy? -I’m not that sophisticated.
还不是
Not yet.
-我爱你 艾莲 -我也爱你 克里斯基
-I love you, Eileen. -And I love you, Christy.
不 我真的爱你
No. I really love you.
-我爱你们全部 -那就好
-I love you all. -That’s good.
我甚至爱彼得
I even love Peter.
我很高兴你喜欢彼得 因为我们会结婚
Well, I’m glad you like Peter, because we’re going to get married in six months.
你认为怎样
Well, Christy, what do you think of that?
恭喜 彼得和艾莲
Congratulations, Peter and Eileen,
太好了
on the wonder…wonderful news.
我很高兴你教我如何说话
I’m glad you taught me how to speak…
好让我能这样说
so I could say that, Eileen.
-说到哪儿了 -在谈论毛嘉希
-Well, where were we then? -Discussing Mulcahy.
-毛嘉希是空洞的 -我以为你说他有灵魂
-Mulcahy is empty. -I thought you said he was full of soul.
我说他空洞 威士忌
I said he was empty. Whiskey!
别喝得太急
Take it easy, Christy.
你不是我妈
You’re not my mother.
永远别忘记
Never forget that.
我知道酒是什么年份
And you know, I know what age that is.
十岁了
That’s ten-year-old.
和我同年
Same age as me.
-别再给他了 -倒酒
-Don’t give him any more. -Pour.
-把酒拿开 -你碰它
-Take that whiskey from him, Tony. -Touch it,
我会踢你
and I’ll kick you
身体上唯一
in the only part of your anatomy
有生气的部位
that’s animated.
别这样
Stop it.
-你何以说爱我 -因为我爱你
-Why did you say you loved me? -Because I do love you.
你是指柏拉图式的恋爱
Ah, you mean platonic love.
我一生中有的只是
I’ve had nothing
柏拉图式恋爱
but platonic love all me life.
你知道我说什么吗 妈的柏拉图
Do you know what I say? Fuck Plato!
妈的那些不是百分百承诺的爱
Fuck all love that is not 100 percent commitment!
倒酒
Pour.
-我不能让你再喝 -我们谈谈本性
-I can’t let you go any further. -Let’s discuss nature.
安静一点 克里斯基
Be quiet, Christy.
你会怎么做呢 彼得
What are you going to do about it, Peter?
你是个好人 你要怎么办
You’re a nice man. What are you going to do about it?
彼得 坐下
Peter, sit down.
我会把你推出去
I’m gonna wheel you out of this restaurant.
停
Stop.
把残障的人推出去
Wheel out the cripple! Wheel out…
轮椅的刹车
Where’s the feckin’ brake on this stupid thing?!
停止
Stop it! Stop it!
混♥蛋♥ 停止
Stop it, you bastard, stop it!
莎朗
Sharon!
进来喝茶好吗
Sharon? Come on in for your tea, will ya?
快进来喝茶 快来
Sharon, come in now for your tea, please. Come on.
好的 妈
All right, all right, Ma.
一切尽是虚无 因此虚无定要终结
起来
Get up, Christy.
你只是宿醉
You’ve got a hangover, that’s all that’s wrong with ya.
别烦我
Leave me alone.
你越来越像你父亲了
You get more like your father every day.
口硬心软
All hard on the outside and putty on the inside.
决胜在这里
It’s in here battles are won.
不是在酒吧
Not in the pub,
不是在孩子面前扮大人物
pretending to be a big fella in front of the lads.
对 如果你放弃了 我还没有
Right, if you’ve given up, I haven’t.
你在干嘛 妈
What do you think you’re doin’, Mam?
-给你盖房♥间 -别那么傻
-Buildin’ a room for ya. -Don’t be mad.
也许有自己的房♥间你会再画画
Maybe if you have a room of your own, you might start paintin’ again.
你令我很伤心
You have me heart broken, Christy Brown.
有时候我认为你是我的心灵
Sometimes I think you are me heart.
若我能把双腿给你 我愿意接受你的双腿
Look, if I could give you my legs, I would gladly take yours.
你怎么了 克里斯基
What’s wrong with you, Christy?
对不起 妈
I’m sorry, Mam.
怎么回事了
What in the name of God is goin’ on here?
克里斯基和我在盖房♥间
Christy and me is buildin’ a room.
-你说盖房♥间 -对
-You are buildin’ a room? -Yeah.
你们看看这个
Will ya have a look at this?
你或许一个好画家 但不是一个砌砖工人
Ah, Christy, you may be a great painter, but you’ll never be a brickie.
你做的好
Fair play to ya, missus.
来 小伙子们
Right, lads.
你多拿些砖来
You bring in some more bricks, mix up a bit of muck.
给我拿水准仪
Bring me in me level, will ya?
布朗父子承建商 开工了
Brown and Son contractors are on the job.
你在那边开始 我在这里开始
Here, you start there, I’ll start here, and by the time you have three courses up
当你们有进展时 我就可以喝茶点了
I’ll be finished and havin’ me tea.
不会
Not at all!
水 多来点水
Water. More water.
我还不累
I’m not beaten yet, bejasus!
爸爸完工了
Listen. Brian, boys, listen to me.
听着 让你们爸爸赢
Let your father win. He needs it.
-什么 -他需要的
-What? -He needs this.
别太劳累 好吗
There. Take it easy, Father, will ya?
别太劳累
Take it easy!
我不能够不劳累 你们该知道的
Sure I was never able to take it easy. And you, of all people, ought to know that.
对吗
Right, lads?
完成了
That’s her finished.
他们要比老爸强 还差的远
They’ve a long way to go to be a better man than their father.
那是他表示疼爱你的 一个最接近的表达方式
Well, Christy, that’s the nearest he’ll ever come to sayin’ he loves you.
我口渴 我要沏一杯茶
I’m parched. I’m going to make a nice cup of tea,
我会做胡萝卜蛋糕 克里斯基
and I have a cherry cake here. Oh, Christy!
-我先烧水 -好的 妈
-I’ll just put the kettle on…-OK, mam.
然后做胡萝卜蛋糕
and get the cherry log, and we’ll be away.
谁在里面
Ah, come on, who’s in there?
这些孩子真无聊
Those kids, their tomfoolery!
让我进去
Ah, come on, let me in!
什么事了
What’s goin’ on?
我的天老爷 不好了
Jesus, Mary and Joseph! Christy!
你♥爸♥躺在地上 我无法进去
Your father’s lying on the floor and I can’t open the door.
柏堤 克里斯基 我打不开这门
Jesus, Mary and Joseph! Paddy! Christy, I can’t open the door!
-让开 -我进不去
-Get out the way, Mam. -I can’t open the door. Oh, Jesus…
推
Push, Christy, push!
柏堤 老天爷 柏堤
Paddy? Oh, Jesus, Mary and Joseph. Paddy!
柏堤·布朗总欠款
他欠我们七镑五先令六便士
Seven pounds five shillings and sixpence he owed, missus.
-请大家喝酒 -放松点 克里斯基
-Drinks for everyone. -Take it easy, Christy.
喝点酒并叫那老太婆闭嘴
Get some drinks in. Get one for Sadie, shut the oul’ bitch up.
好的 你♥爸♥不会死的
Fair play to ya. Your oul’ fella will never be dead.
-妈怎么活下去 -你别担心
-How’s me ma going to survive? -Don’t be worryin’ about that.
我们会没事的
We’ll be all right.
泰利 告诉我们
Terry, will ya tell us about when you and me oul’ fella
当你和那老家伙 抬工头上梯子时的事情
carried the foreman up the ladder, will ya?
一会再说
Later.
谁给我们唱一首歌♥ 汤姆 伟廉 唱首歌♥
Give us a song, somebody, for Jesus’ sake! Tom, give us a song.
克里斯基 唱柏堤最喜欢的歌♥
Christy…Sing Paddy’s favorite for me, would ya?
找个人叫他闭嘴吧
Will somebody shut him up?
你们别那么大声 孩子们
You’ll have to keep it down a bit, lads.
-他为爸爸唱歌♥ -他爸只会吹牛
-He was singin’ that for his father. -His father was nothin’ but a mouth.
姓布朗的都一样
Like all the Browns.
好了 大家别冲动
All right, lads, take it easy.
为了尊重爸