-Which one? -This one here.
那很不错
That is grand.
看见吗 那为他赢得奖项
See that there? He won a prize for that.
-不错 -我让你看
-It’s lovely. -Wait till I show you now…
-那是什么 -没什么 好看吗
-What’s that there? -Oh, that’s nothing. Isn’t that lovely?
这个给撕掉了
And that one. Torn, but we put it together again.
那是他画的第一幅画
Ah, that’s his first one he ever did, there.
-小心走路 -我没事 谢谢
-Watch the stairs. -I’m fine, thanks.
有人来看你
Christy, there’s someone to see ya.
她是高医生
This is Dr Cole.
你好 克里斯基
Hello, Christy.
你是出色的画家
You’re a great painter.
谢谢
Thank you.
我是医生 专长是大脑麻痹
Look, I’m a doctor, like your mother says, and I specialize in cerebral palsy.
我们在都柏林开设诊所 你想去住吗
We’ve just started a clinic here in Dublin and, I wonder, would you like to attend it?
不 我们不用付钱
No, we don’t have to pay, Christy. We don’t have to pay.
怎样
Well?
-迟来的希望 -令人伤心
-He said “Hope deferred…-make the heart sick.”
我明白
I understood that.
来吧
Ah, come on.
好
Good.
进来 克里斯基 进来
Come on in, Christy. Come on in.
你想我怎样 拖走你吗
You have to. What do you want me to do, tow you behind?
想和司机一起坐吗
Do you wanna ride up front with the driver?
来 和我到前面坐
Come on, come up the front with me.
他说他没事
He said he’s all right.
-什么 -我想回家
-What? -I want to go home.
-你肯定吗 -对
-Are you sure? -Yeah.
克里斯基
Christy?
走开
Go away.
有人来见你
Christy, there’s somebody here to see you.
我不是孩子
I’m not a child.
你喜欢的话 可在这儿诊疗
Christy, if you like, we can work here.
滚开
Fuck off.
接受语言治疗后 你说 滚开 时可更清楚
With speech therapy, I could teach you how to say “fuck off” more clearly.
一 二 三 四
One, two, three, four, five.
五 从头再来
And over again.
一 二 放松点 放松
One, two…
三 四 五 对了
Three, four, five. That’s it.
一 二 三 吹
One, two, three, and out.
呼吸
Breathe.
你肺部太弱 算了吧
No. Your lungs are too weak.
试试这个
Try this instead.
对 你现在试一下
Right, now you have a go.
来吧 吹
Blow.
不用急 深呼吸
Steady, steady…And one big breath.
非常好 很好
That’s very good. That’s very good.
专注呼吸
Now focus the breath.
呼吸 慢慢的 并且
Breathe slowly, and…
三天了 我不知道出了什么事 他不跟我说话
He’s been like that for three days. I don’t know what’s wrong, he won’t talk to me.
你上去看看他 去吧
Go on up and see him. Go on.
我买♥♥了礼物给你
I’ve brought you a present.
我想你看一些演讲词
There’s a speech in there I’d love you to look at.
哈姆雷特的 生存 还是毁灭
It’s “To be, or not to be”, Hamlet.
别再自怨自艾
I wish you’d stop feeling sorry for yourself.
我也不想成为一名失败者
You know, I don’t want to be a failure either.
你为我看一下 好吗
Will you have a look at it for me?
也许吧
Maybe.
生存
To be,
还是毁灭
or not to be,
生存 还是毁灭
To be, or not to be,
这是个问题
that is the question.
思想会不会更高尚
Whether this nobler in the mind…
在忍♥受听完这些呢
to have to fuckin’ suffer listenin’ to that…
他爱上艾莲了
He’s in love with this girl Eileen.
只要他越来越好就行了
Well, so long as he’s gettin’ better.
他会受到伤害 柏堤
Could get hurt, Paddy.
身体残障不及心灵创伤痛苦
A broken body’s nothin’ to a broken heart.
-你好吗 -非常好
-Eileen. How’s it goin’? -Very well.
-我有消息要告诉你 -什么
-I’ve got some news for you. -What?
记得我说彼得和他的画廊吗
Well, remember I told you about Peter and his gallery?
他说可让你展出作品
Well, he’s offered you an exhibition of your own.
你认为怎样
What do you think about that?
我认为你了不起
I think you’re brilliant.
我和我的病人同样了不起
Yeah. I’m only as brilliant as my patients.
睡觉 或许会做梦
…to sleep, perchance to dream…
-在上面的是克里斯基吗 -什么
-Is that our Christy up there? -What?
那听起来像是 我们的克里斯基吗
Does that sound like our Christy?
听起来似乎好多了
Sounds a lot better.
我认为不是
Not to me, it doesn’t.
你疯了吗 女人
Are ya mad, woman?
你第一次了解你的孩子
You can understand your child for the first time.
-我一向都了解他 -没有其他人了解他
-I always understood him. -Ah, well, nobody else ever did.
至少他现在有在活动
At least he can function now.
声音中有些东西
There’s somethin’ in that voice that…
困扰我
that disturbs me.
什么意思
What do you mean?
有太多期望
Too much hope in it.
什么
What?
当中有太多期望
There’s too much hope in it.
不敢尝试那不可知的苦痛
fly to others that we know not of?
意识让我们都变成懦夫
Thus conscience doth make cowards of us all…
那血性
And thus the native hue…
敢作敢为的血性
And thus the native hue of resolution
给思前想后的顾虑 害得变成灰色
is sicklied o’er with the pale cast of thought,
惊天动地的大事业 也往往
and enterprises of great pitch and moment with this regard
因此而中途旁逸 壮志全消
their currents turn awry and lose the name of action.
你对哈姆雷特有何看法
What do you think about Hamlet?
一个残废的 不能演
A cripple. Can’t act.
-他最后能演 -太迟了
-He did in the end. -Too late.
艾莲
Eileen…
-我很喜欢你 -我也喜欢你 克里斯基
-I like you very much. -And I like you, Christy.
你有诗人的心
You’ve the heart of a poet.
不
No…
那么
Well…
怎么了
What?
没什么
Nothin’.
我最好走了
I’d better go.
各位来宾 谢谢
Ladies and gentlemen. Ladies and gentlemen, thank you.
本人很荣幸能为 克里斯基·布朗的画展
It gives me great pleasure to
主持揭幕仪式
open this exhibition of the work of Christy Brown.
有人说克里斯基是出色的 伟大的残障画家
A lot of people say that Christy is a great crippled painter.
-我认为那是对克里斯基的侮辱 -没错
-I think that’s an insult to Christy. -That’s right.
克里斯基只是一个完美 而出色的画家
Christy is simply a great painter, full stop.
他与素材挣扎 一如所有画家一样
He has struggled with his material, as every painter must do,
要把素材表达出来
to bring it under control.
若你今天看看周围的墙上
If you look around the walls today,
可看见塑造出 克里斯基·布朗的力量
you’ll see the forces that shaped Christy Brown.
他的母亲
His mother.
他的父亲
His father.
他的兄弟姐妹
His brothers and sisters.
以及令他获大众认同的女士 艾莲·高医生
And the lady who brought him to public recognition, Dr Eileen Cole.
只有两派的画
There’s only two kinds of painting:
宗教的和马戏团的
Religious and the circus.
-你喝够了 -我没事
-And you’ve had enough to drink. D’you hear me? -I’m all right.
我去吃东西 你来吗
I’m goin’ for a meal, Ma. Are you comin’?
不 我送你♥爸♥回家 他不舒服
No, no. I’m…I’ll take your father home. He’s not feeling well.
你是说没酒喝 告诉他那是好酒
There’s no pints, you mean. It’s good wine, tell him.
你♥爸♥爸不喝别的 只喝啤酒
Your father never drank anything but pints in his life. No, I’ll take him home.
-你坐计程车 -艾莲送我们
-You gettin’ a taxi? -Eileen’s givin’ us a lift.
-再见 妈 -再见