who I find intellectually stimulating.
我觉得他很有智力。
Want a piece of chocolate?
想要块巧克力吗?
Thomas J?
托马斯J?
I’m allergic to it.
我对它过敏。
To chocolate?
吃巧克力?
He’s allergic to everything.
他什么都过敏。
To chocolate?
吃巧克力?
To everything. To everything.
对一切。对一切。
Oh. That’s a pretty ring you’re wearing.
哦。你戴的戒指真漂亮。
It’s a mood ring. It tells what mood I’m in.
这是一个情绪戒指。它告诉我我的心情。
It doesn’t work. It always stays black.
它不起作用。它总是保持黑色。
It’s only black when you’re around
只有你在的时候才是黑色的
’cause you put me in a bad mood.
因为你让我心情不好。
Maybe black means you’re happy.
也许黑色意味着你快乐。
I don’t think so.
我不这么认为。
Shelly, how can I get $35?
雪莉,我怎么能拿到35美元?
She’s crazy. She wants to go to school over the summer.
她疯了。她想暑假去上学。
It’s not a real school. It’s a writing class. I want to be a writer.
这不是一所真正的学校。这是写作课。我想成为一名作家。
She only wants to go because her sweetie pie’s the teacher.
她只想去,因为她的甜心派是老师。
Shut your big fat mouth!
闭上你的大嘴巴!
I think you’d make a fine writer.
我认为你会成为一个优秀的作家。
Did you ask your dad?
你问你♥爸♥爸了吗?
He won’t give it to me.
他不会给我的。
Well, you don’t know that.
你不知道。
Ask him.
问问他。
Edith, what channel is Cronkite on?
伊迪丝,克朗凯特在哪个频道?
Channel 2, Archie, the one we don’t watch
第二频道,阿奇,我们不看的那个
’cause you always say Walter Cronkite is a communist.
因为你总是说沃尔特·克朗凯特是共♥产♥主义者。
(LAUGHTER ON TV)
(电视上的笑声)
ARCHIE: I never said that, Edith.
阿奇:我从来没说过,伊迪丝。
The man ain’t all red.
那人不全是红的。
What’s the matter with this? There ain’t nothing coming on.
这是怎么回事?什么都没发生。
GLORIA: I’ll help you fix it, Daddy.
爸爸,我会帮你修的。
Daddy, can I have $35?
爸爸,能给我35美元吗?
That’s a lot of money for a little girl.
对一个小女孩来说那可是一大笔钱。
It’s for school. A summer writing class.
是给学校的。暑期写作课。
Any more soda left?
还有苏打水吗?
Shelly thinks I’d be a good writer.
雪莉认为我会是个好作家。
Last month you wanted to play the violin.
上个月你想拉小提琴。
Then you wanted to be a ventriloquist.
然后你想成为一名口♥技♥演员。
Dad?
爸爸?
I love this guy.
我爱这家伙。
Dad? What?
爸爸?什么?
The money?
钱呢?
Well, maybe next summer.
嗯,也许明年夏天吧。
VADA: He forgot about the time I wanted to be a magician.
他忘了我想当魔术师的时间。
I was really great at making myself disappear.
我真的很擅长让自己消失。
Want to play?
想玩吗?
No. I got to go to the cemetery.
不,我得去墓地。
Keep your head up.
抬起头来。
Don’t look at the ball. Look at me.
别看球。看看我。
See? You were looking at the ball.
看到了吗?你在看球。
All right? Keep your head up.
好吗?抬起头来。
Give me some skin.
给我点皮。
All right.
好吧。
VADA: Please! Open the door! Please, someone, open the door!
瓦达:求你了!打开门!拜托,有人,开门!
Please! Please! Open the door!
拜托!拜托!打开门!
(SINGING DO WAH DIDDY DIDDY)
(唱道:多华迪迪)
(SINGING CONTINUES)
(继续唱)
Vada?
瓦达?
Vada?
瓦达?
What happened?
怎么搞的?
My ball. I lost my ball.
我的球。我的球丢了。
Come on, sweetie.
来吧,亲爱的。
Excuse me, Harry?
打扰一下,哈利?
Mmm-hmm?
嗯,嗯?
Could you take a look at Mrs. Porter?
你能看看波特太太吗?
Yeah.
是 啊。
Didn’t I give you a picture of what she looked like?
我没给你一张她长什么样的照片吗?
Yeah.
是 啊。
You don’t like it?
你不喜欢吗?
This was the Reverend Porter’s wife.
这是波特牧师的妻子。
You have her looking like a two-dollar hooker.
你让她看起来像个两块钱的妓♥女♥。
I think she looks nice.
我觉得她看起来不错。
Her lips are very thin
她的嘴唇很薄
so I used the gloss to give them a more sensual quality
所以我用光泽给他们一个更感性的质量
and her eyes just needed a little definition,
她的眼睛需要一点清晰度,
and her hair… I’m sorry.
还有她的头发。。。我很抱歉。
Nobody wears this hairdo anymore in 1972.
1972年没人再戴这个发型了。
She did.
她做到了。
This photo was taken a month ago at the church food drive.
这张照片是一个月前在教堂食物街拍的。
I just wanted to get past this old schoolmarm image.
我只是想摆脱过去的校园形象。
That wasn’t an image.
那不是图像。
She was an old schoolmarm.
她是个老学生。
Fix it.
修好它。
Harry.
骚扰。
I was just wondering
我只是想知道
if there is anything wrong with Vada.
如果瓦达有什么问题。
What do you mean?
什么意思?
Well, the other night at dinner…
嗯,前几天晚上的晚餐。。。
Oh, that. She just likes to play.
哦,那个。她只是喜欢玩。
I don’t think so.
我不这么认为。
I think she’s confused about death.
我想她对死亡感到困惑。
She was raised in a funeral home.
她在殡仪馆长大。
She knows a thing or two about it.
她对这件事略知一二。
But Harry, I really think…
但是哈里,我真的认为。。。
She’s a perfectly happy 11 -year-old girl.
她是个非常快乐的11岁女孩。
Look, don’t give me any advice about my daughter. Okay?
听着,别给我任何关于我女儿的建议。可以?
* Late last night,VADA AND THOMAS J: not the night before
瓦达和托马斯J:不是前一天晚上,昨晚很晚,
a-knockin’ at my door 24 robbers came
有24个强盗来敲我的门
to let them in As I went out
在我出去的时候让他们进来
Yeah, this is what they said This is what they told me
是的,他们是这么说的
* Patty-cake, patty-cake, turn around… *
肉饼,肉饼,转过来。。。♪
There’s Shelly.
那是雪莉。
(PANTING)
(喘气)
Hi.
你好。
Can we look around in your camper?
我们能坐你的露营车四处看看吗?
Sure.
当然。
I’ll give you the royal tour. Whoa. Gosh.
我会带你去皇家旅行。哇哦。天哪。
(THOMAS J. IMITATING ENGINE NOISES)
(托马斯J.模仿发动机噪音)
Wow! This is the coolest thing.
哇!这是最酷的事情。
And you can really eat and sleep here?
你真的可以在这里吃饭睡觉吗?
Mmm-hmm.
嗯-嗯。
I’m going to drive us to Liverpool.
我要开车送我们去利物浦。
“Liverpool”?
利物浦?
Big Ringo fan.
大Ringo粉丝。
SHELLY: Oh! Right.
雪莉:哦!正确的。
Would you like a soda? I would.
你想要杯苏打水吗?我会的。
Thomas? Yes, please.
托马斯?好的,谢谢。
What are you reading?
你在看什么?
Oh!
哦!
You shouldn’t be looking at that. It’s a little too old for you.
你不应该看那个。对你来说有点太老了。
Did you read all these books? SHELLY: Uh-huh.
你读了所有这些书吗?雪莉:嗯哼。
What are they about?
他们在说什么?
Mostly love and romance.
主要是爱情和浪漫。
Ew! Gross.
电子战!真恶心。
They’re just fun to read.
读起来很有趣。
Here. Cheers.
在这里。干杯。
Are you married?
你结婚了吗?
No. I’m divorced.
不,我离婚了。