We’re gonna find him.
我们要去找他
You want to help? Fine.
你们想帮忙? 很好
You don’t? You can stick it up your big, fat butt.
不帮忙? 不必挪动你肥大的屁♥股♥
Who said I didn’t want to help? Let’s go.
谁说我不想帮忙了? 我们走
Spread out.
分头行动
Look everywhere, and ask everyone.
查所有的地方, 向所有人打听
Skip been around here?
斯齐普来过么?
Not for a couple days.
这两天没来过
Here, Skip.
出来, 斯齐普
Skip, are you here?
斯齐普, 你在这儿么?
Here, Skip.
出来, 斯齐普
Come on home, boy!
回家了, 宝贝儿!
Here, Skipper!
出来, 斯齐普!
Sheriff, Jack Morris.
警长, 杰克 莫里斯
Well, my son’s little dog, Skip, has gone missing and…
啊, 我儿子的小狗, 斯齐普不见了, 而且…
Yeah, they’re all out looking for him, but he hasn’t turned up yet.
对, 他们都出去找了, 不过, 现在还没有找到
So I was wondering if you could just let us know if you see him.
所以, 我想你是否可以帮我们找到他
We would surely appreciate it.
我们无疑将十分感谢
Thank you, sheriff.
谢谢你, 警长
You bawling like a big baby because you lost that ball game?
输了球就像个大婴儿似的痛哭流涕?
What do you know about it?
你知道什么?
You didn’t even come, you big liar. Leave me alone.
撒谎, 你来都没来. 用不着你管
That’s how it is, isn’t it? You’re a hero today
事情本来就是这样, 不是么? 今天是个英雄
and you’re a goat tomorrow.
明天就成了坏蛋
Now, I didn’t come, because games don’t mean nothing to me anymore.
对, 我没去, 是因为球赛对我已经毫无意义了
It’s not the game.
不是因为球赛
It’s Skip.
是斯齐普
He’s gone for good.
他永远没了
For good?
永远?
How you know that? You some kind of fortuneteller?
你怎么知道? 难道你还是个预言家?
I got mad at him and I hit him. And he ran away.
我生他的气, 打了他, 他就跑了
Just like you ran away.
跟你一样跑了
Skip was never afraid of nothing.
斯齐普从来什么也不怕
You think I don’t know what folks are saying?
你以为我不知道人们再说?
That old Dink’s a coward?
那个老丁克是个胆小鬼?
Well, I know. And you know what?
啊, 我知道. 你知道么?
They’re right. I got scared. And I ran.
他们说对了. 我害怕了. 就跑了
You think it’s because I was afraid of dying?
你以为我是怕死?
Because I wished I was dead plenty of times.
我无数次希望自己死掉
Then what was it?
那是为什么?
It ain’t the dying that’s scary, boy.
死其实并不可怕, 伙计
It’s the killing.
杀戮才可怕
Now, look.
好了, 瞧
That dog ain’t lost. You just need to know where to find him.
你的狗没丢. 只是你要知道去哪儿找他
There’s gotta be at least one place around here…
这周围至少有一个地方是…
that you hadn’t thought of to look at, right?
你从来没有要想到过要去找的, 对吧?
Sometimes he gets mad and says things he doesn’t mean.
有时候他急了, 说的话并不是本意
He gets it from his mother.
这点儿像他妈妈
When I got back from Spain
我从西班牙回来后
I got into accounting.
找了份儿会计活
I figured I could hide this behind a desk.
我以为他可以藏在桌子底下
I looked down, and I didn’t so much as look up for a whole year.
我埋着头, 整整一年没有看其他人
When I finally did
等我最终抬起头
people weren’t staring at me anymore.
人们不再盯着我看
I guess they kind of forgot about it.
我想他们已经忘了
Well, Mr. Morris, you got a Purple Heart.
不过, 莫里斯先生, 你有枚紫心勋章
I got a yellow stripe.
而我是条黄束带
You can trust me. They don’t forget about cowards.
你可以相信我. 他们忘不了胆小鬼
Well, folks like to keep things small, Dink.
这个, 人们总是心胸狭窄, 丁克
Fit you into one pocket or the other.
急于下结论的人,
Give a man a label
他们习惯给别人贴上标签
and you never really need to get to know him.
你根本没有必要去了解他们
My son
我的儿子
he looks up to you, Dink.
他非常敬仰你, 丁克
Not because you can run or throw a ball.
不是因为你精于赛跑和玩球
You’re his hero
你是他的英雄
because you’re his friend.
因为你是他的朋友
And that’s what he needs.
这才是他需要的
A friend.
一个朋友
All right, then.
好吧, 我知道了
Here, Skipper!
出来, 斯齐普!
Here, boy!
出来, 宝贝儿!
Here, boy!
出来, 宝贝儿!
What the hell?!
见鬼?!
Damn mutt.
该死的东西
What’d you do to him?! That’s my dog!
你把他怎么了?! 那是我的狗!
I told you to keep that damn mutt out of here.
我警告你, 你别让他到这儿来
Why, if it ain’t old Dink. Need a jar of hooch, buddy?
这不是丁克么. 想要瓶烈酒, 伙计?
Millard, fetch a pint for Dink.
米勒德, 给丁克拿一品脱
Listen, you boys need to get on out of here.
听着, 你们两个小子快离开这儿
This your buddy?
他是你的人?
You know how much he and that mongrel cost us?
你知道今晚我们的损失有多少么?
I said you need to get out of here.
我说了, 你们两个快给我滚开
Millard, listen to who’s talking.
米勒德, 听听谁在说话
Mr. Hitler’s best friend.
原来是希♥特♥勒♥的好朋友
It’s you who better get out of here.
我看该离开这儿的是你
Get your moonshine and get out of here.
趁天黑还不快滚
And I better never see you around here again. Got that?
最好不要让我再在这儿看到你, 听见了么?
Come on, Junior. Let’s go.
走吧, 朱尼亚, 咱们走
Come on!
好吧!
It’s getting too damn popular around here anyway.
反正这儿知道的人太多了
You better hope that dog lives.
你还是指望那狗活着吧
Any word?
怎么样?
It doesn’t look good.
情况不太好
Could you come on back, please?
你们到屋里来一下, 好么?
Do you want someone to go with you?
要我陪你进去么?
He’s a big boy.
他是个大孩子了
He’ll be okay.
不会有事的
Is he gonna die?
他会死么?
I don’t know.
我不知道
I’ve done all I can.
我已经尽力了
It’s in God’s hands now.
现在要看运气了
Please don’t die, boy.
求你别死, 伙计
What would I do without you?
没有你我该怎么办?
You taught me how to play football.
你教我玩橄榄球
You helped me meet the guys.
你帮我建立友谊
and get up enough nerve to talk to Rivers.
帮我鼓起勇气和韦尔斯讲话
And understand about Dink.
帮我理解丁克
I’ll never have another friend like you. Ever.
我再也没有你这样的朋友了
Skip’s gonna be all right.
斯齐普没事了
You’re all right!
你还好吧!
That’s my boy.
你是我的小宝贝儿
I love you, Skip.
我爱你, 斯齐普
I knew you’d make it.
我知道你能挺过来的
I almost lost old Skip that day.
那天, 我差点儿失去了斯齐普
Even as he was sleeping on the operating table
他即便是躺在手术桌上
he was still teaching me.
也仍然在教育我
That day
那天
I became a young man.
我长大成人
Why, in childhood and youth
为什么童年和少年时代
do we wish time to pass so quickly?
我们总希望时光快快过去?
We want to grow up so fast.
我们盼望快点儿长大
Yet as adults, we wish just the opposite.
但是, 成年人的希望, 却往往相反
You’re a good boy, Skip.
你是好孩子, 斯齐普
If, as the authorities often declare
如果, 像权威人士宣称的那样
a dog’s life in relation to a human being’s
与人类的生命相对而言
can be calculated by seven human years to his one
狗的一年相当于人的七年
then Skip was an adult when I was still a boy.
那么斯齐普在我还是孩子时, 就成年了
Sometimes it seemed as if he possessed the wisdom of a creature
有时候, 他的智慧, 古老成熟
as old as time.
就像时光一样