不是
No
我没什么男人运
I haven’t had very much luck with boyfriends
以前交过几个
I’ve had a few but
可依靠的都没有 更别提借钱
none that I could ever ask for anything, let alone money
你想知道那个人是谁
Now you want to know who the man in Vegas is
却不好意思开口
but you’re too polite to ask

No
那不重要
It’s not important
他是我爸
He’s my father
是他教我打牌的
Taught me how to play poker
其他小孩还在学数手指
He had me figuring odds around the same time
他已经教我赔率了
other kids were learning how to count
他老是跟人说
He used to tell people
我以为10后面的数字
that I thought the number that came after ten
是J
was Jack
我可以跟他要钱 但是…
So I can ask him for money or anything, but
我不会
I won’t
相信别人 但一定要切牌
Trust everyone but always cut the cards
这是我爸教落最有用的真理
Best thing my father ever taught me
你知道什么意思吗?
You know what that means?
就是不要相信任何人
It means never trust anybody
你那么会观察别人…
If you’re so good at reading people
为什么还会输?
Then why did I lose?
对啊
Yeah
因为你不可能永远都赢
Because you can’t always win
你能击败对手 但不能击败运气
You can beat players but you can’t beat luck
如果运势不佳
Sometimes your rhythm’s off
看透别人还是会出差错
you read the person right but still do the wrong thing
因为你信任他们?
Because you trust them?
因为你连自己都信不过
Because you can’t even trust yourself
妈的
Shit
我谁都不想接听
Nobody I want to hear from
谁都不想?
Nobody?
谁都不想!
Nobody!
你怎么会有这个号♥码?
How did you get this number?
这个月我已经换了三次号♥码
You know this is the third time this month I’ve have change it?
不要烦我!别再打来了!
Just leave me the hell alone! Stop calling!
可恶!
Dammit!
白丝 替我接听
Beth, answer it for me
你要我说什么?
What do you want me to say?
就说打错了 叫他们别再打来
Tell them its the wrong number and not to call again

Okay
喂?
Hello?
抱歉 你打…
Sorry, you have-
哪里打来?
From where?
好的
Okay
好…你肯定?
Okay… you sure?
好的 谢谢你 再见
Okay, thank you… bye
是赌城一间医院打来的
It was someone from a hospital in Vegas
他们说你♥爸♥爸入了院
They said your dad’s there
说他快死了
And they said he’s dying
王八蛋
Son of a bitch
那个男人 老是快死了
That man… always dying
骗人的 知道吗?
It’s a trick, okay?
之前已经玩过我
He’s pulled this on me before
说他必需见我 他快死了
Says he has to see me, he’s dying
结果…
And then
知道我上过多少次当吗?
you know how many times I’ve fallen for that?
但那是院方打来的 不是他本人
But it was someone from the hospital that called it wasn’t him
那又怎样?
So what Beth?
他不能付钱
You think he couldn’t pay someone
找人打电♥话♥吗?
to make the phone call for him?
这世上你有不信任的人吗?
I swear, is there anyone you don’t trust?
他一定很想见你才编这种故事
Well he must really want to see you to make up a story like that
哎呀!你有话很想问我
Geez, you are just dying to ask me something
是什么?
What?
我什么都没说
I didn’t say anything
你不必说 我看得出来
You didn’t have to. I can read you
我甚至猜得到你想问什么
I can even guess what you wanna ask
你想问
You wanna ask
如果他快死了呢? 如果口信是真的呢?
“What if he is dying?””What if the message is legit?”
如果真的又怎样?
Well what if he is?
问题是 白丝
The thing is Beth
我不在乎
I don’t care
他是死是活
He lives, he dies
都无所谓
whatever
我他妈的不在乎
I don’t fucking care
你说谎
You’re lying
我不会进去
I’m not going in there
什么?
What?
我不能去 如果我进去一看
I can’t. What- what if I go in there
他就坐在病房♥里
and he’s just sitting up in his room
和几个猪朋狗友打牌
with his dead beat friends playing gin rummy
或者只不过来排毒 或者脱痣
or, I dunno, detoxing, getting a mole removed
你明知事态严重得多
You know it’s more serious than that
我不知道 你也不知道
No, I don’t know that and neither do you
帮帮忙 你进去看看
Listen, you do me a favor. You go in there for me
我?
Me?
为什么是我?
Why me?
因为你安全 他不能伤害你
Because you are safe. There’s no way he can hurt you
去啊!
Go, c’mon
好吧
Fine
非常遗憾
I am sorry
我们打了两天电♥话♥
You know we tried to phone a couple days
却联络不到你
but couldn’t seem to reach you
他已经…
He was-
你应该早点来
You should’ve come earlier
他串同你来骗我?
He put you up to this!?
他给你多少钱? 吓!
How much he pay you huh!?
老天…
Jesus
你这么会看人
You’re so good at reading people?
难道从我的表情看不出?!
Can’t you see it in my face!?
莱丝莉 他走了!
Leslie, he’s gone!
你骗人!
You’re lying
白丝…
Beth
这部车不能给你
I can’t give you the car
为什么?
Why?
因为这部车…
Because the car
是我爸爸的
the car belonged to my father
他有一次在里维耶拉大赢特赢
Look, he won big one day in a Hold’em game at the Riviera, and
第二天就买♥♥了这部车
went out and bought the next day
他引以为傲的车
It was his pride and joy
后来我偷了锁匙 跟着偷了车
Til one day I stole his keys, and an hour later I stole his car
我也不明白为什么这么做
I don’t know why I did it
也许我只是
Maybe I just
想看看他的反应
wanted to see what he would do, you know?
他会不会报♥警♥
Was he gonna report it?
捉他的女儿呢?
Get his daughter arrested?
他做得更漂亮
He did something better than that
他等到查到我的下落
He waited until he found out where I wound up
有天早上
One morning
我收到一份速递文件
a FedEx guy comes with an envelope for me
里面是车辆授权书和登记证
Inside the envelope’s the title and registration of the car
那混♥蛋♥把车转了给我
Son of a bitch signed it over to me
所以…
So
这部车我要开到它破烂为止
I’m gonna drive this car until it falls apart
起码开到我死
At least until I do
那我怎么办?
So what am I supposed to?
这个嘛
Well, Beth
我说我输清光 对吧?
I told you I lost everything back at Harlan’s, didn’t I?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!