to educate women?
没人听我的话
But nobody listened to me.
竟然跑个男朋友到家里来
Now we have a boyfriend in the house.
他是希腊人吗?
Is he a nice Greek boy?
不是
No, no Greek.
不是希腊人是外族
No Greek! A xeno!
一个外族人,还留着长头发
A xeno with a big long hairs…
就在他的头顶!
on top of his head!
老天爷
Kosta.
对不起,我骗你们
I’m sorry I lied to you.
好啦,图拉
Okay, Toula…
你是一时被爱冲昏头
maybe you are having a little romance.
马上结束
But end it now.
我爱他
I love him.
图拉,吃你的东西
Toula, eat something…
拜托
please.
你♥爸♥请人到家里吃饭
Your father has a friend for dinner.
这是哪里?
What’s this? Where are we?
我租的公♥寓♥
My apartment.
你要上来吗?
You wanna go up?
到了
This is it.
不错
Nice
别担心,他们会喜欢你的
Don’t worry, they’re gonna love you.
图拉这个名字不常听到
“Toula.” Now that’s not a name you hear every day.
希腊文是什么意思?
Does it mean anything in your language?
希腊原名“佛图拉”,意思是“上帝之光”
Well, my Greek name, Toula, means “Light of God.”
谁要咖啡?
Who would like a coffee?
你是希腊人
So, you’re Greek then?
姓什么?
What’s your last name?
波多卡洛斯
Portokalos.
希腊文是“橘子”
In Greek, it means “orange.”
是吃的橘子,有皮
Like an orange that you eat, the one with the peel,
不是橘子色
not the color.
真的是希腊文
Yeah, it’s really Greek.
老公你用过希腊人的柜台小姐
Rodney, didn’t you once have a Greek receptionist?
不对,她是…
No, Harriet, she was…
让我想一下
Just a minute.
她是亚美尼亚人
No, she was Armenian.
亚美尼亚在希腊旁边
Is Armenia close to Greece?
不是
Not exactly.
– 她是哪里人? – 谁?
– What was she? – Who?
我的秘书
My secretary, for heaven’s sake.
大家都吃起司蛋糕
Everyone like cheesecake?
瓜地马拉人
Guatemalan.
对,她是瓜地马拉人
That’s right, dear. She was Guatemalan.
我爱你
I love you.
我爱你
I love you.
我不…
I don’t…
我不知道该说什么
I don’t really know how to say this.
什么?
What?
你愿意嫁给我吗?
Will you marry me?
愿意
Yes!
很好,答应了才能戴上这个
I guess, now you can have this.
够了
Enough.
真是够了
Enough.
不准你逃走
What? Don’t you walk away from me.
坐下
Sit down.
老公
Kosta…
他们深爱对方
they love each other.
已经决定了
It’s done.
怎么会?
How?
她怎么会这样对我?
How can she do this to me?
她不是针对你或针对我
She didn’t do this to you or to me.
他们爱上了,没办法的事
They fell in love. It happens.
他人好不好?我不知道
Is he a good boy? I don’t know.
家庭怎么样?我不知道
Is he from a good family? I don’t know.
他尊敬我们吗?我不知道
Is he respectful? I don’t know…
我统统不知道
because nobody talks to me
你们没有人告诉我
about nothing no more.
正当的人应该来求我答应婚事
A respectful boy would come here and ask for my permission.
我女儿跟外族订婚
My daughter engaged to a xeno.
她应该在希腊正教的教堂出嫁
I always think she’s going to be married in the Greek Orthodox Church.
她为什么不孝?
Why is she doing this to me?
有时候空间太大
…and leave space. Sometimes their space is so big…
屋顶不能承受只好塌下来
that the roof can’t support itself, so it collapses.
失陪一下
Excuse me.
不要太大声
Try not to be too loud.

Hi.
– 嗨 – 嗨
– Hi. – Hi.
怎么啦?
What’s going on?
– 你没事吧? – 我们去拉斯维加吧?
– Are you okay? – Can we go to Vegas?
– 什么? – 去尼加拉瀑布,去斐济
– What? – Can we go to Niagara Falls or Fiji…
你想去斐济群岛?
You want to go to Fiji?
当然
Sure.
好,走吧
Okay, let’s go. Come on.
我们一走了之
Just go
过来
Come here.
怎么回事?
What’s the matter?
我们结不成婚的
I just feel like we can’t get married,
不能这样硬干
not like this.
我跟你在一起的时候
It’s like…when I’m with you…
我好快乐
I am so happy…
我家人却很不快乐
but my family is so unhappy.
我们婚礼应该是喜悦的
And our wedding should be this joyous thing.
但是我家人希望在教堂举♥行♥
But it won’t be for them, because it can’t be in our church.
不如我们私奔
So, let’s just go somewhere.
求求你,我们逃吧
Please, let’s just go.
我爱你
Hey, I love you.
为什么?
Why?
你为什么爱我?
Why do you love me?
我遇见你之后整个人活过来了
Because I came alive when I met you.
但是我的家…
But my family…
你是你家的一部分
You’re a part of your family…
我愿意做任何事
and I’ll do anything…
求他们接受我
whatever it takes, to get them to accept me.
你是我的一切
Because you’re my whole life now.
我们不可以偷偷溜掉
We’re not going to skulk off and get married…
好像见不得人似的
as if we’re ashamed of ourselves.
好吗?
Okay?

Okay.
你刚才说“偷溜”
Did you say “skulk”?
– 别说了 – 我们偷偷溜掉?
– Shut up. – Let’s just skulk off somewhere…
跟他谈谈
Come on, talk to him.
图拉爱他
Toula loves him.
为了图拉,来吧
Do it for Toula, come on.
他要在我们的教堂完婚
Come on. He wants to get married in the church.
– 去呀 – 好吧
– Go! – All right.
听说…
So,
你明天要受洗
you’re going to be baptized tomorrow?

yeah
能用希腊正教仪式受洗算走运
It’s your lucky day…to be baptized in the Greek Orthodox Church.
妮姬做你的教母
Nikki’s going to be your godmother.
你知道…
You know…
受洗这个字
the word “baptism”…
来自希腊文
comes from the Greek word “baftisia.”
婴儿泡在小银盆当中
That’s where we dip the baby…in a beautiful, Little silver basin.
没那么糟嘛
It’s not so bad?
开什么玩笑?
Are you kidding?
他随时会逃跑,心里想…
Any minute now, he’s going to look at me and go:
你不值得我这么牺牲
“Right, you’re so not worth this.”
你值得的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!