You like her, don’t you?
对,我喜欢 反应真热烈
– I do. – That’s enthusiastic.
不,她很 她很棒
I mean, she’s– She’s great.
“不,她很棒”?
No, She’s great.
我是说 她五音不全
She seriously can’t sing a note.
但 做如此大的牺牲
But to make that kind of sacrifice–
什么? 退学?
– What? Leaving school?
一切 抛开事业跟着你的蠢工作跑
– All of it.Putting her career on hold to follow you around in this dumb job…
一年有五十二周到
where you travel 52 weeks a year…
德州大学这类地方
to places like College Station, Texas.
蠢工作? 不成熟的职业
– ” Dumb job”? – It’s not a grown-up job.
你没嫌过我的工作
My job never bothered you before.
现在我也不嫌 但我不是金咪
It doesn’t bother me now, but I’m not Kimmy.
她父亲有球队与有线电视
Her father owns the Sox and cable sports.
我很惊讶你没更换
I’m just surprised it hasn’t come up, that’s all.
换什么? 什么?
What?
豪华的办公室
The corner office with a view.
笔挺的西装,华宅豪邸
You in a nice blue suit.
住址离爸妈很近
Permanent Chicago address, somewhat close to Mom and Dad.
不!不会
Never.
她不会这么想
She would never even think of that.
你不了解她
You don’t know her.
但麦克爱他的工作
– But Michael loves his job. – Sure.
是啊!烂比赛、低工资、破城市
Bad games, bad pay, bad towns, bad flights…
烂班机座位、破旅馆、烂食物
badhotelsreal badfood…
没家、没根、寂寞
homeless,rootless,lonely
写的报导没被登
your copy makes it in one issue out of four.
有何不好?
What’s not to love?
他怎么不换个
Why would he trade that for running, say, a piece of the public relations…
像你父亲一样在大公♥司♥任职?
at a powerful complex conglomerate like your father’s?
我爸跟我谈过这事 我不惊讶
– That’s what my father and I discussed. – I’m not surprised.
你认为他会接受吗?
So do you think he’d really accept?
麦克?这种工作?
Michael? Ajob like that?
那将是他人生最大转机
It would be the greatest thing that ever happened to him.
除了你之外
Present company excepted.
我们该这么做 让你父亲说服麦克
This is what we do: We make your dad a coconspirator.
麦克帮华特的忙
Michael does a favor for Walter.
华特能重组公♥关♥部门
Walter’s reorganizing his public relations…
需要聪明能干的帮手 他能信任的
and needs a brilliant guy that he’s close to…that he can completely trust.
你求他:麦克帮爸的忙
Then you beg. “Michael, please do this for Daddy.
只要半年,对我很重要
It’s only six months. It would mean so much to me. ”
他一眼就会拆穿了 除非他想拆穿
– He’ll see right through it. – Only if he wants to.
半年后,他会
At the end of six months…
快乐 稳定
hewill behappy … settled…
成功
successful.
你好漂亮,有约会?
You look beautiful. Do you have a date later?
说不准的
Never can tell.
你今夜真美,记得吗? 记得吗?
Just the way you look tonight Remember?
好了 你说吧!
Okay, kid, you’re up.
我爸爸想请你帮忙
It’s really my father who needs the favor.
他想重组公♥司♥部分部门
He’s reorganizing some of the divisions of the company.
公♥关♥部门令他很头痛
Public relations is a real problem area for him.
只需要 半年时间
It would only be six months maybe.
或三、四个月 你知道这件事?
– Or three or four. – You knew about this?
你该听听她的 这也是她的人生
I think you ought to listen to her. It’s her life too.
你说是华特的主意?
You gonna tell me that Walter thought this one up?
可不可以别耍手段?
Why don’t you start by being honest one second.
我没耍手段
I am being honest.
突然间我得退学
All of a sudden I’m supposed to drop out of school…
放弃家人、事业及人生规划?
forget my family, forget my career… – forget the things I had planned?
抱歉破坏了你的计划 还好现在不算太迟
– Forgive me for screwing up your plans. Glad I heard this before it’s too late.
– 什么意思? – 我的人生怎么办?
– What is that supposed to mean? – What am I supposed to do with my life?
低薪水、没尊严的工作
I work in a low-paying, zero-respect job…
很不幸的是我爱这工作
which, unfortunately, I happen to love.
麦克,这是个好机会
– It sounds like a great opportunity.
是吗? 你怎么不去做这种工作?
– Does it really? How come you never took some sellout establishment job?
因为那不是你要的
I’ll tell you why, because that isn’t you.
– 金,我也不想要 – 你真这么想
– And it’s not me either. – If that’s the way you feel–
当然是这么想!何不直说
Damn straight that’s how I feel! Just come out and say it.
我的工作不好,我不好!
My job’s not good enough. I’m not good enough.
麦克,我没那么说! 你说了
– I never said that! – Yes, you did.
太好了
Great, Kim.
结婚前两天提出来 我得忍♥气吞声就范
Two days before our wedding, you lay this on me. I’m supposed to roll over?
很好
Fine.
我是混♥蛋♥,大男人主义混♥蛋♥ 最好离开我 不,麦克
I’m an insensitive. sexist asshole. You’re better off without me.
你 说得对 我错了
You are so right. I was so wrong.
说好了又变卦 我太不应该
We settled this, and I reneged. That just wasn’t fair.
原谅我,忘了此事 否则我会死
You have to forgive me and forget this happened or I’ll just die.
拜托
Please.
对不起 对不起 – 对不起 – 对不起
I’m sorry.
乔治和温纳不在 请留言
George and Werner are not in. Brevity is the order of the day.
乔治,接电♥话♥!
George, answer this, damn it!
她背叛我!
I’m in a meltdown here! She double-crossed me!
那个笨女人 她不适合他
The little twerp groveled! She’s so wrong for him.
麦克跟我合得来 相处融洽,爱慕对方
Michael and I are the same person: self-absorbed and vaguely loveable.
我们是一对
We deserve each other.
时间紧迫,我无计可施
I’m running out of time.I’m completely out of sneaky ideas.
我快控制不了局势
I have come to the end…of my rapidly fraying rope!
快帮我想办法!
You have got to think of something!
要咖啡? 太好了
– Coffee, anyone? – That would be wonderful.
飞机!飞机!
The plane! The plane!
乔治 你像马歇马叟
This is very Marcel Marceau.
放轻松 别把脸皮卸下来
Now, relax. We don’t want your face coming off with it, do we?
可怕的房♥间
What a hideous room.
天啊,喝酒寻死 真迷人
Death by a mini-bar. How glamorous.
你大老远赶来,你讨厌坐飞机
You flew all the way here. You hate to fly.
今晚赶回去,跟温纳有约
I have to go back this evening. We have a family thing in the Hamptons.
自找麻烦
You’re butting in.
我说她完美得惹人厌
What I mean when I say she’s annoyingly perfect…
事实上不惹人厌
is that there is nothing annoying about her perfection.
是脆弱又可爱的 令人厌恶极了
It is vulnerable and endearing. And that is annoying as shit.
你喜欢她
You like her.
若不必恨她,我会喜欢她
If I didn’t have to hate her, I’d adore her.
事关一生幸福
This is my whole life’s happiness.
必须心狠手辣
I have to be ruthless.
他爱了我整整九年
He was in love with me every day for nine years.
我比她更能使他快乐
I can make him happier than she can.
也许我现在伤她的心 其实是帮了她的忙
I am breaking her heart in the short run… but really doing her a gigantic favor.
她跟着这蠢蛋 不会快乐的
She would be so miserable tagging along after this insensitive doofus.
茱儿 你真的爱他?
Do you really love him…
还是只想赢?
or is this just about winning?
说真的
Seriously.
一开始只是 不甘心
In the beginning, it was mostly this prior claim.
认为他属于我
He belonged to me.
现在,当跟他在一起
But now, when I’m with him…
他太完美了
he’s just so wonderful
当初我怎么没发觉呢?
How come I never knew that when I could have had him?
快嫉妒疯了还如此清醒
It’s amazing the clarity that comes with psychotic jealousy.
乔治,相信我
George, believe me…
若他曾感受跟我一样 他会了解我的感觉
if he was feeling what I’m feeling… then he would know how I feel.
太可怕了
It’s horrible.
怎么了?
What?
告诉他你爱他
Just tell him you love him.
就说 说你爱了他九年
Tell him you’ve loved him for nine years…
但你不敢爱
butyou wereafraid oflove
说你畏惧爱,畏惧需要
Tell him you were afraid of love, afraid of needing.
– 需要什么? – 属于另一人
– Needing what? – To belong to someone.
我们都是
We all are, sweetheart.
很遗憾
I’m sorry about that.
说这是 最糟、最笨的表白时机
Tell him this is the worst, cruelest, dumbest moment to do this to him…
但是事实

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!