Tell me a about the beach in Bombay, Uncle. Juhu Beach.
叔叔,告诉我关于Bombay海滩的事情,Juhu海滩。
Or the house in Lahore…
或者在Lahore的房♥子…
when Auntie Nina put the garden hose in Father’s bedroom window…
当Nina阿姨把浇花♥园♥的水管从父亲的卧室窗户伸进去的时候…
’cause he wouldn’t get out of bed, and Papa’s bed started to float.
因为他不想起床,所以父亲的床就漂起来了。
You look beautiful.
你美极了。
What about my laundrette?
我的洗衣房♥怎么样了?
Damn these stories about places you’ve never been to.
这些故事都发生在你从未去过的地方。
what are you doing, boy? – what am I doing?
你在干什么? – 我在干什么?
Lt’ll be going into profit any day now, partly because I’ve hired a bloke…
将来一定会很赚钱的,一部分原因是因为我雇了一个适应力很强的家伙…
of astounding competence and strength of body and mind…
很有劲,也很有想法的家伙。
to look after it with me.
让他和我一起看店。
Yasmeen, fiddle with my toes.
Yasmeen,按♥摩♥一下我的脚趾。
What bloke?
哪个家伙?
He’s called Johnny.
他叫Johnny。
And how are you going to pay him?
你怎样付他工钱?
Nasser, sahab.
Nasser,sahab,
Zaki!
Zaki!
Everything is good.
一切都很顺利。
But…
但是…
Speak in English, so he can understand. Doesn’t he understand his language?
说英语,让他也能听的懂。 – 他难道听不懂自己国家的语言吗?
Not only that, I’ve given him that pain-in-the-ass laundrette to run.
不仅仅是那些,我把令我最头疼的洗衣房♥都交给他管理了。
I know.
我知道。
But this is the point. He’s hired someone else to do the work.
但这才是关键。他雇了别人去工作。
Typically English, if I can say that.
典型的英国人,如果我可以这么说的话。
You haven’t fucked your uncle’s laundrette, little fool?
小傻瓜,你还没有把你叔叔的洗衣房♥给搞砸了吧?
I don’t think you should talk to him like that.
我不认为你可以用那种语气跟他说话。
Why, is he royalty? No. I don’t like it.
为什么不行,难道他是皇室成员不成? – 不,我不喜欢那样。
She’s a hot girl.
她可真是个性感的女孩。
In my small opinion, much good can come of fucking.
在我看起来,能跟她干一定会很爽。
Your mouth has become very big lately.
你的嘴巴可是越来越牛了啊!
Well?
是吗?
All right.
好吧,好吧。
Let’s all take it easy.
别紧张,放松、放松。
Who is that sitting in the drive? It’s bothering me.
坐在车里的那人是谁?他令我很烦恼!
Some friend of yours?
是你的朋友吗?
Zaki, please go and see who it is. It’s only Johnny.
Zaki,去看看他是谁。 – 他就是Johnny。
My friend. He works for me.
我的朋友,他为我工作。
No one works without my permission.
没有人可以在未得到我的允许的条件下工作。
Tania, bring him in.
Tania,带他进来。
How much good would come of us fucking, later tonight?
如果今天晚上我们两个上♥床♥的话会有多爽?
I know why you put up with them.
我知道你为什么跟他们那么说。
‘Cause there’s so much you want. You’re greedy, like my father.
因为那里有太多你想得到的了。你像我父亲一样太过于贪婪了。
He’s a great man.
他是个了不起的人。
Why did you leave him sitting out here?
你为什么让他一个人坐在外面?
He’s lower class. He won’t come in without being asked.
他是个下等人,他不会在没有被邀请的情况下闯进去的。
Unless he’s doing a burglary.
除非他是去偷东西。
My father wants to see you.
我父亲想要见你。
How’s Salim today? Wearing too much perfume.
Salim今天如何啊。 – 抹了太多的香水了吧。
Eyelash.
睫毛。
I said to Miss Street, “I’m the law. I create the world.”
我对Street小姐说:“我就是法律,我创造了这个世界!”
Tania, please.
Tania,拿着。
you like Tania? – Yeah.
你喜欢Tania? – 是的。
I’ll see what I can do.
我看看我可以做什么。
And now on to business.
现在我们来谈谈生意吧。
I’ve been to see the laundrette.
我已经看了洗衣房♥了。
You boys will make a beautiful job of it, I know.
你们一定会干的很漂亮的,这点我可以肯定。
You need nothing more there.
我想你那边不再需要什么了。
But in exchange…
但作为交换的条件…
I want you to do something.
我想让你做点事。
You look like a tough chap.
你看起来像个健壮的家伙。
I’ve got some bastard tenants in one of my houses that I cannot get rid of.
我有几个轰不走的混帐房♥客在我的一栋公♥寓♥里赖着不走。
No. I don’t do nothing rough no more.
哦,不。我不再做那些粗暴的事了。
I’m not looking for a mass murderer, you bloody fool.
我不是在找一个杀人犯,你这个傻瓜。
what does It involve, please? – Unscrewing.
到底是什么事? – 就是搞点破坏。
Your favorite subject, Salim.
这可是你的拿手好戏啊,Salim。
For Christ’s sake.
妈的。
What’s this “unscrewing”?
到底是干什么?
You’re getting into some family business, that’s all.
你在做的是家族上买♥♥卖♥♥,知道吗!
What the hell else is there left for you in this country now?
这个国家还他妈留给你什么了!
Send him to the garage and call Tania. Ask her to bring some champagne.
送他去修车店,然后顺便把Tania叫来,让她带瓶香摈。
We’ll drink to Thatcher and your beautiful laundrette.
为Thatcher和美丽的洗衣房♥干杯。
Do they go together? – like dal and chapatis.
他们一起走吗? – 当然了。
to us. – Cheers.
为我们。 – 干杯。
Timber’s coming tomorrow morning. Getting it cheap.
材料明天早上就会送来,让他们便宜点儿。
I’ve had a vision of how our place can be.
我有一种幻觉,那里一定会很美。
Why don’t people like laundrettes?
为什么人们不喜欢洗衣房♥?
Because they’re like toilets.
因为他们喜欢厕所!
This could be a Ritz among laundrettes.
这可能是所有洗衣房♥中最好的了。
A laundrette as big as the Ritz.
最大的洗衣房♥。
Yes.
是的。
Clean it out.
滚开!
Why are you working for these people?
你为什么为这些人工作?
Pakis?
巴基斯坦人?
It’s work, that’s why.
因为这是工作,这就是原因。
I want to do some work, instead of always hanging around.
我不想总是闲逛,我想找个活儿干。
What, you’re jealous? No, I’m angry, Johnny.
怎么,你嫉妒了吗? – 不,我很生气!
I don’t like to see one of our blokes groveling to Pakis.
我不想看到我们的伙计屈从于巴基斯坦人。
They came over here to work for us.
他们是过来为我们工作的!
That’s why we brought them over. Okay?
这就是我们为什么带他们过来的原因。明白吗?
Don’t cut yourself off from your own people.
别断了和自己人的关系。
There’s no one else who really wants you.
这里没有其他的人真正需要你。
Everyone has to belong.
每个人都有他的归属。
I can’t ask you in.
我不能叫你加入。
You better get back to your father.
你最好回你父亲那里。
I didn’t think you’d ever mention him.
我不认为你提起过他。
He helped me, didn’t he, when I was at school?
他曾经在我上学的时候帮助过我,不是吗?
Yeah.
是的。
And what did you do but hurt him?
你除了伤害他还做了什么?
I want to forget all of them things.
我只想忘记从前的那一切。
I passed by the laundrette.
我路过了洗衣房♥。
So, you gave them the money to do it up?
那么,是你给他们的钱去装♥修♥了?
Where did they get it from, I wonder?
我真奇怪他们哪来的钱?
Government grant. Almost just like us, yaar.
可能像我们一样是靠政♥府♥补助金吧。
It’s your bloody family.
这就是你那该死的家族。
So, like you, God knows what he does for money.
就像你一样,天知道他为了钱能做出什么事情来。
Come on in.
进来。
That joker’s a bad influence on Omar, I’m sure of it.
我敢肯定,那个小丑没对Omar起什么好的影响。
There’s some things between them I’m looking into.
他们之间肯定有什么事情。我正在调查。
So they let you out of prison. Too crowded, was it?
那么他们放你出来是因为监狱爆满了吧?
Unscrew.
混♥蛋♥。
He’s changed the lock.
他换了锁。
You better take off the whole door, in case he changes it again.
你最好把整个门都卸下来以防他再换锁。
He’s only a poet with no money.
他只是个落魄的诗人。
I ain’t hurting nobody, okay?
嘿,我可没伤害任何人。
That door you’ve just taken off, hang it back.
把你刚卸下的门给我装回去。
Excuse me.
哦。
I’m just a poor man. This is my room. Let’s leave it that way!
我只是个落魄的人,这是我仅有的住所,你们就饶了我吧。
Thieving Uncle Tom parasite! I will kill you!
你这个偷Tom叔叔的东西的寄生虫,我要杀了你!
Glory of God!
天啊!
Throw this bugger out!
把这个要饭的踢出去!
Filthy, imperialist swine! Working dog!
哦,你这个卑鄙的帝♥国♥主♥义♥的走狗!
Enemy of the Third World!
第三帝国的敌人!
You and your kind, your days are numbered!
你剩下的日子已经开始倒数了!
Doesn’t look too good, does it? Pakis doing this kind of thing.
看起来很野蛮不是吗?巴基斯坦人就干这种事情。
Why not?
怎么了?
What would your enemies have to say about this?
你的敌人会说什么?
Ain’t exactly integration, is it?
总之不太确切,不是吗?
I’m a professional businessman, not a professional Pakistani.
我是个正经的商人,不是个正经的巴基斯坦人。
And there is no question of race in the new enterprise culture.
这在新型企业文化竞争中是毫无疑问的。
I’ll forward your mail!
我会给你寄信的!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!