It gets me out of the house.
他让我走出了这间屋子。
Don’t get too involved with that crook.
别太过分的专注!
You’ve got to go to college.
记住你还要上大学的!
This is my nephew, Omar.
这是我的侄儿,Omar。
Auntie Fasia.
这是Fasia阿姨。
Auntie Farida.
这是Farida阿姨。
Auntie Salma.
这是Salma阿姨。
And this is Cherry, Salim’s wife.
还有这是Cherry,Salim的妻子。
Of course you remember our three naughty daughters.
你当然不会忘记这三个淘气的女儿。
He has his family’s cheekbones, Bilquis.
Bilquis,你看呀,他跟你家里人长的都是一个样。
I know all your gorgeous family in Karachi.
我认识贵府在Karachi的所有人。
You’ve been there?
你去过那吗?
You stupid.
你真蠢!
What a stupid.
真是个蠢货!
It’s my home.
这是我的家。
How could anyone in their right mind…
但凡一个正常人…
call this silly little island off Europe their home?
怎么会把这个靠近欧洲的愚蠢的破岛称为他们的家!
Every day in Karachi…
在Karachi的每天…
your other uncles and cousins come to our house…
你其他的叔叔、姑姑都到我们家来…
for bridge, booze and VCR.
他们打桥牌、喝酒、看录象…
Cherry, my little nephew knows nothing about that life there.
Cherry,我的小侄儿对那里的生活一无所知。
God, I’m sick of hearing about these in-betweens.
天啊,我已经受够了再听到这些了!
People should make up their minds where they are.
你们应该弄清楚你们到底身处哪里!
Your uncle’s next door.
你叔叔在隔壁。
Can you see me later?
你一会能来见我吗?
I’m so bored with these people.
我已经受够了那些人了。
Games room, okay?
在游戏厅,好吗?
I presume my brother, the boy’s papa…
我兄弟,就是那男孩的父亲…
was out screwing some barmaid, somewhere.
在外面的什么地方跟酒吧女服务员鬼混。
So, when these damn things went on…
当这些该死的事情发生的时候,
I got out of bed, went to the balcony and opened the door.
我走下床,到阳台上,打开门…
And there was my brother, standing outside with some woman…
就看到了我的兄弟,旁边还站了个女人…
and they were completely without clothes.
他们身上居然一♥丝♥不♥挂♥。
Blue with cold, like two bars of soap.
被冻的像两块肥皂…
This I refer to as my brother’s blue period.
这正是我兄弟当时乱搞的时候…
But what happened to the woman? – He married her.
那女的后来怎么样了? – 他娶了她了!
Come along.
来,过来。
Your father is a good man.
你父亲是个好人!
So this is the famous Hussein’s son.
这必定就是Hussein的儿子了。
The exact bastard.
就是他!
My blue brother was also a famous journalist in Bombay.
我那总爱乱搞的兄弟在Bombay可是个有名的记者。
And a great drinker.
他的酒量可不小。
He was to the bottle what Louis Armstrong is to the trumpet.
当他喝酒的时候,阿姆斯特郎还在吹♥喇♥叭♥。
But you are to the bookies what Mother Teresa is to the children.
但当特瑞撒麽麽照顾孩子的时候,你还在花钱去赌马。
Your brother was a clever one.
你的兄弟的确很聪明!
You used to carry his typewriter.
你曾经拿过他的打字机。
Isn’t he coming tonight?
他今晚不来了吗?
What ever happened to him? Papa’s lying down.
他后来怎么了? – 他在床上躺着呢。
I meant his career. That’s lying down, also.
我指的是他事业上的事。 – 也不行了…
What chance would an Englishman give a leftist, communist Pakistani…
什么机会将一个英国人给了左翼,共♥产♥主义巴…
on newspapers? – Socialist.
在报纸上? – 社♥会♥主♥义♥。
What chance would an Englishman give a leftist, communist socialist?
英国人会给一个社♥会♥主♥义♥左派分子一个什么机会?
What chance a racist Englishman has given us…
英国的种族主义者又给了我们什么机会…
that we haven’t taken it from him with our hands?
是我们还未得到的!
Best phrased, yaar?
说的很好,是吧,yaar?
Zaki, you need a stiff drink, man, that good port.
Zaki,你需要一满杯,这可是好酒。
Nasser, please, God.
哦,Nasser,拿着!
I’m on the verge already.
不能再喝了,我已经快不行了。
Can I make you a drink?
你也来一杯吧。
Make him a man first.
让他做一个真正的男人。
Give him a drink, Zaki. I like him.
给他来一杯,Zaki。我很看好他。
He’s our future.
他是我们的未来。
It’s been years.
已经有好些年了。
And you’re looking really good now.
你现在看起来真的不错。
I think we understand each other.
我想我们能够相互理解。
Were they being cruel to you in their typical men’s way?
他们有绝对的男人的方法对你是不是太残酷了些?
You don’t mind?
你不介意吧?
I think I should harden myself.
我想我应该更冷酷些。
Wow. What are you into?
恩…对什么?
Your father’s done well.
你父亲很棒。
Has he?
是吗?
He adores you.
他很崇拜你。
I expect he wants you to take over the businesses.
我希望他愿意让你接手生意。
He wouldn’t think of asking me.
他不会想到问我的。
But he is too vicious to people in his work.
但是他对他手下的人可是很严的。
He doesn’t want you to take over that shitty laundrette, does he?
他不愿意你去接下那个破烂的洗衣房♥的生意,不是吗?
What’s wrong with it?
那怎么了?
And he has a mistress, doesn’t he?
他很迷茫,不是吗?
Rachel.
Rachel。
Yes.
就是她。
I can tell from your face.
我能从你的脸上看出来。
Does he love her?
他爱她吗?
Yes.
是的。
Please, Tania, can you come and help me?
Tania,你能过来帮我一下吗?
Families.
家!
I hate families.
我恨这个家!
Take care of him.
照顾好他。
Good night, Uncle.
晚安,叔叔。
Take my advice. There’s money in muck.
记住我的话,财富就在那个破烂的洗衣房♥里。
What is it that the gora Englishman always needs?
那帮英国佬们总需要什么?
Clean clothes.
干净的衣服。
Go on.
走吧。
Pick it up.
取车去。
Drive us back, will you?
送我们回去好吗?
You can pick your own car up tomorrow. Salim’s not feeling very well.
你可以明天过来取你的车。Salim今天不太舒服。
Hello, darling.
你好啊,亲爱的。
Fucking nice, man, I want to see it!
你真♥他♥妈♥的漂亮啊,出来让我看看啊!
Get off the car, will you?
从他妈车里出来呀!
Get off the fucking car!
快他妈的从车里给我滚出来!
It’s me.
是我。
I know who it is.
我知道是你。
How are you? All right? Working?
你怎么样了?在工作吗?
What are you doing now?
你在干什么呢?
This kind of thing.
类似这种事。
Omar, come back! Come…
Omar,快回来!回来呀!
What are you now, a chauffeur?
你在干什么呢?当司机?
No, I’m onto something.
不,我做些别的。
What?
什么?
I’ll let you know.
我会让你知道的。
Still living at the same place?
还住在老地方吗?
No, I don’t get on with my mom and dad.
不,我跟我父母合不来。
You?
你呢?
She died last year, my mother.
我母亲一年前去世了。
Jumped onto the railway lines.
跳到铁轨上自杀了。
I heard.
我听说了。
All the trains stopped.
当时所有的火车都停了。
I’m still there.
我还在那呢。
Got my number?
记着我的电♥话♥呢吗?
Like my friends?
这是我的朋友,喜欢吗?
Ring us, then.
到时候打电♥话♥给我。
I will.
我会的。
Leave them there.
不要管他们了,让他们走吧。
We can do something now.
我们现在还做些什么?
Just us.
只是我们自己。
Can’t.
那可不行啊。
What are you doing?
你在干吗?
I want to pee.
我想小便。
Can’t you wait for me to take you?
你不能等我回来帮你吗?
My tool will drop off before you show up, these days.
我要等你回来我就要被憋死了。
You know who I met? Johnny.
你猜我刚才遇到谁了?是Johnny。