Starboard bridges, aweigh with the anchors.
一切就绪 – 逆风行驶
Ship ready. – Give her lee helm.
逆风行驶 先生
Lee helm, sir.
把定航向 – 把定航向 先生
Steady. – Steady, sir.
船要开了 起锚了
There she goes. Her anchor’s up.
哦 玛丽 船太小了
Oh, Mary, it’s such a little ship.
我的汤姆会把它开回来的
My Tommy will bring her home.
万岁
Hurrah!
万岁
Hurrah!
万岁
Hurrah!
哦 我们又在一起了 克里斯先生
Well, we’re under canvas again, Mr. Christian.
这是我们第三次一起出海了 – 我是无法选择的
It’s our third voyage together. – Not of my choosing.
舰队司令问过我
So the port admiral told me.
哦 你在这儿 是我要求你来的
Well, you’re here. I requested you.
作为一个独♥立♥奋斗成功的人 我喜欢有个绅士做我的下属
I like having a gentleman as my subordinate, being a self- made man.
这就是我佩服你的地方 先生
I admire you for that, sir.
还有没有其它的呢?
And for very little else?
出海命令?
Sailing orders?
经合恩角去大溪地
Tahiti direct by Cape Horn.
风向允许的话
Winds permitting.
如果我们不能向西走 我们就得经过非洲
If we can’t make westing, we shall have to go by Africa.
然后在赛门湾得到补给
Then we’ll have to get supplies at Simon’s Bay.
我们得需要补给 这船的食物比运囚犯的船都要少
We’ll need them. This ship has less food than a prison hull.
而且我不信任你的办事员
And I don’t trust that clerk of yours.
谁让你管我办事员的事?
Who asked you to meddle with my clerk?
一个饥饿的人不能做多少事的
Can’t get much from a hungry man.
我得和吃饱喝足的人共事
I have to work these men we feed.
流氓 海盗 难道你没听见他们在皮鞭下号♥叫吗?
Rascals and pirates. Did you see them growl at the flogging?
我会让他们知道皮鞭是什么
I’ll teach them what flogging’s like.
我的建议是 先生 如果你能接受的话 不要对他们太严厉
My advice, sir, if you’ll take it, is not to be too harsh with them.
在以后的两年里 我们要在一起航行一万海里
We’re sailing 1 0,000 miles together for the next two years.
这船就象一个火♥药♥库 – 我不需要听你的建议
It’s like a powder magazine. – I don’t want your advice.
我有我自己的对待船员的方式
I’ve my own way with seamen.
他们只考虑一个原则 害怕原则…
They respect one law, the law of fear…
我的军官应该明白这一点
…and my officers should remember that.
我只是告诉你我是怎么想的
I can only tell you what I think!
虽然他们是从监狱和酒馆里出来的
They come from jails and taverns,
但是 他们是英国人 他们可以去任何地方
but they’re English and they’ll sail anywhere.
我对你是怎么想的不感兴趣
I’m not interested in what you think.
我希望无论我什么时候发号♥施令
I expect you to carry out whatever orders I give,
你都能按照我说的执行命令
whenever I give them.
我会执行你的命令的 布莱先生
I’ll carry out your orders, Mr. Bligh.
那么我们已经互相了解了吧?
Then we understand each other?
了解得非常清楚
Perfectly.
有什么命令没有?- 没有
Any orders for the deck? – No.
就这样吗?- 好吧 你可以走了
That all? – Yes. You may go.
谢谢 先生
Thank you, sir.
它在飞行 克里斯先生 – 大溪地方向 先生
She’s flying, Mr. Christian. – Tahiti direct, sir.
大溪地方向 克里斯先生
Tahiti direct, Mr. Christian.
传达下去 没有我的命令不许改变航向
Pass it on: No change of sail without my orders.
叫两个人去驾驶盘
Put two men at the wheel. We’ll carry on or carry under.
东偏东南 – 东偏东南 先生
Southeast by east. – Southeast by east, sir.
没有舰长的命令不许改变航向
No change in sails except for captain’s orders.
拜阿姆先生 准备上海军军官学校的课程
Mr. Byam, you’ll stand by for midshipman’s school.
是 先生
Aye, aye, sir.
喂 站住
You! Hold up, there!
不要顶风倒水
Never empty your buckets into the wind!
找到风向 傻瓜
Find the wind, you idiot!
找到风向再倒
Find the wind and then choose your rail.
下去
Get below!
我们动身环游世界了 兄弟们
We’re off around the world, boys.
轻松的心情和紧身的裤子 环游世界
Light hearts and tight britches. Off around the world.
哎 闭嘴 没规矩
Oh, dry up, you cub.
你看 这么做怎么样?
Is it human, or what do you think?
我讨厌在船上唠唠叨叨
I can’t stand yowling water babies.
我告诉过你不要晃这个灯
Blast you! I told you not to swing that lantern!
你不是说这会让你晕船吧?象你这样的老海盗?
You don’t mean it makes you seasick? An old buccaneer like you?
小心我收拾你 要把你打的不省人事
I’ll knock more tar out of you than it’ll take a month to mix.
来 来打我啊 – 哦 别吵 好吗?
Come on, blowhard. – Oh, stow it, will you?
我还没搞清楚这航行是怎么一回事
I can’t make head or tail of this navigation.
别担心 要是你胡涂了 我会帮你弄清楚的
Don’t worry. If you get tangled, I’ll jump in and pull you out.
你最好不要欺骗克里斯先生
You’d better not try and fool Mr. Christian.
我才不怕克里斯先生哪
Mr. Christian holds no terrors for me.
我能涉水走过七大洋 也不会弄湿我的衬衫
I can wade the seven seas and never wet my shirt.
虽然海里有鲸鱼 能撞沉船只 但是我能撞沉鲸鱼
They have whales that can sink a ship, but I can sink the whale.
看 驾驶过一千多条船的人
Behold, the face that launched a thousand ships.
先生们
Gentlemen.
今天的航海问题是
Today’s navigating problem:
已知北极星的位置
Given the altitude of Polaris,
你能知道你的纬度吗 史都华先生?
could you find your latitude, Mr. Stewart?
在考虑这个问题之前…
To lead up to it…
…一般来讲
…ordinarily,
两点之间的最短距离是条直线
the shortest distance between two points is a straight line.
但是在航海上 这并不正确
But this is not true of navigation.
我们必须要考虑风向和海流…
We must consider winds and currents…
是的 你应该考虑我提的问题
Yes. Suppose you considered the problem.
是 先生
Yes, sir.
或许史都华先生意思是说…
Perhaps Mr. Stewart means that it’s…
… 就象这个灯 先生
…like that lantern, sir.
我们假设它应该是垂直挂着
We assume it should hang straight down,
但是因为这船在晃动…
but because the ship is rolling…
… 它也在来回摆动
…it swings to and fro.
但是通过仔细地观察它–
But by watching it closely- –
你不同意拜阿姆说的吗 海沃先生?
You disagree with Byam, Mr. Hayward?
他知道这灯会让我晕船的
He knows the lantern makes me seasick.
他那么说是想把这课给搞砸
He’s doing it to break up the lesson.
史都华不知道他的问题
Stewart doesn’t know his problem.
他的预备理论我还很感兴趣
Still, his original theory interests me.
抱歉 先生
Please, sir.
继续 拜阿姆先生
Proceed, Mr. Byam.
你刚才说到 通过仔细地观察这灯…
You were saying, by watching the lantern closely…
你是不是有点不舒服 史都华先生?
What seems to be the trouble, Mr. Stewart?
注意风向 史都华先生
Watch the wind, Mr. Stewart.
不是那儿 它在那儿
It’s not there. It’s there.
这就是那个驾驶过 一千多条船的人吗?
Is that the face that launched a thousand ships?
一个航海问题和三个笨蛋
One navigation problem and three wrecks.
你可真够聪明的
Smart as paint, you are.
嗯 你还不领情
Why, you ungrateful swab.
为了我们的荣誉 我把我知道的都说出来了
After I’ve given my all for the honor of the class.
拜阿姆
Byam!
不关我的事 他从后面过来打我
It wasn’t my fault. He came behind and struck me.
是不是这样 拜阿姆先生?- 我不想说 先生
ls that true, Mr. Byam? – I’d rather not say, sir.
那么是你想打架了?我要让你冷静冷静
So you want to fight? I’ll cool you off.
到桅杆上面去 没有我允许 不许下来
Get to the masthead and stay there until I call you down.
一直在上面吗 先生?- 是的
All the way, sir? – All the way.
下去 要不你也到上面去 – 是 先生
Get below or go aloft! – Yes, sir!
这么恶劣的天气 还让他在上面待着 合适吗?
Rather heavy weather to send him aloft, isn’t it?
他们要明白这儿不是公园
They must learn this isn’t a beer garden.
如果你不能教会他们 我来
If you don’t teach them, I will!
爬快点 慢吞吞的
Look alive, you crawling caterpillar!
拜阿姆哪儿去了?- 我帮不了他 史都华
Where’s Byam? – I couldn’t help it, Stewart.
当舰长看见我的时候 我差点掉到海里去
When the man looks at me, I want to jump overboard.
拜阿姆在哪儿?
Where’s Byam?
那个老家伙让他在桅杆上待着
The old man sent him aloft.
你让他受罚 嗯?
You let him take the blame, huh?
住手 住手
Here, here!
你惹的麻烦已经够多了
You’ve started enough trouble!
该学会遵守纪律了
Time you learn discipline!
在我发火之前 快钻进你的吊床
Get into your hammock before I put you over a gun!
起来
Get up!
你看到了 先生 不是我的错