Dinner. I’m supposed to go to Rhonda’s for dinner. I’m late.
晚餐 我该去朗达家吃晚餐的 我迟到了
Oh, God, help.
上帝 帮帮我
You know, she wouldn’t yell at me if you came.
要是你去的话 她就不会埋怨我了
Oh, very well.
啊 真不错
I can’t go.
我却不能去
I’m losing my mind. You’ve got me frazzled.
我快昏头了 你让我手足无措
Oh, there you go. You’re gonna love these. Thank you. That’s plenty. Honestly.
给你的 你会喜欢吃的 谢谢你 老实说太多了
Trust me, you’re gonna want even more than that. Say when.
相信我 你会还想要的 够了吗
When, when, when. Thank you. Thank you. That’s plenty. Thank you.
够了 够了 够了 谢谢你 太多了 谢谢你
One more. Trust me. No.
再来点 相信我 不了
Listen, now, I don’t wanna be presumptuous…
听着 恕我冒昧
…but I’m about to open a new Weight-Not in Boca…
我想在博卡新开家减肥咨♥询♥中心
…and I was wondering if maybe you’d like to perform.
我想你是否愿意去演出
Sounds wonderful. I performed at a fat farm once. They loved me.
听上去好极了 我曾在家减肥中心演出 人们很喜欢我
I threw out treats from the stage. They went crazy.
我从台上扔下去些零食 他们都疯狂了
It was like a dietetic Altamont.
就像是食物版的奥尔塔蒙特事件
That’s funny.
太有趣了
Honey, no cell phones at the table. Could be Jessie about the meeting.
亲爱的 吃饭时不准接电♥话♥ 可能是杰西关于会议的事情
If we break the rules, what’ll the kids think?
如果我们不守信 孩子们会怎么想
Don’t. Sorry, Alex. Very rude.
别接 对不起 亚历克斯 太无礼了
Weirdo, is there a way we could go to the Cora show?
怪人 我们去能看科拉的演出吗
That would be so cool. We could work that out.
那样就真是太酷了 我们能办到的 对吧
I believe we can. I believe we’ve become close friends.
我相信能的 我想我们和她已经是亲密朋友了
Don’t bug him with stuff like that.
别老那样子烦人家
Sorry, sorry, sorry. Apologies. I know the rules. Turn it off.
对不起 我道歉 我知道规矩了 我把它关掉
Oh, no, honey. You go right ahead. You’re a guest.
不用 亲爱的 接吧 你是客人
You sure? You want me to call Jessie back while I’m…?
你确定 待会儿要我回电♥话♥给杰西不
I’ll be very quick.
马上就好
Chris, yes? Say that again. Cora’s people what?
克里斯 怎么了 再说一遍 科拉的人怎么了
What? Is it about the song?
怎么了 是关于歌♥吗
Really?
真的吗
What does he say? It’s Sophie.
他说什么 是苏菲
Really?
真的
Okay. Okay, got it.
好的 明白了
Cora is back in town tomorrow…
科拉明天回来
…and wants to meet us at her studio to work on the song.
她要我们在录音棚跟她一起录歌♥
And she wants to know if we like wheatgrass.
她想知道我们是否喜欢麦草汁
Sounds ominous. Are you worried?
听上去不前景不妙啊 你担心吗
Well, I don’t… You know, yeah. If you’re not worried, I’m not worried.
唔 我不 真的 如果你不担心 我也不担心
You’ve got your worried eyes. You look like a little worried doggy.
你的眼神出♥卖♥♥♥了你 你看上去就像条焦虑的小狗狗
Sophie, bring those dishes in here, hon.
苏菲 把那些盘子拿过来 亲爱的
Okay, honey. You lead, I’ll follow.
好的 亲爱的 你带头 我跟着来
There you go. There you go. What?
就那样 就那样 怎么
Nothing. Just looking.
没什么 你看吧
What? What? What, what, what?
怎么了
Well, look. As your older sister… Seven years older.
听着 作为你大姐 大七岁呢
Now, that’s just uncalled for.
哎呀 别说那么直白
Why do you do that? It just… It hurts, you know?
为什么要那么说 真伤人 知道不
Look. I like Alex, you know. I mean, he’s Alex Fletcher. So hot.
听着 我喜欢亚历克斯 他是如此性感的男人
And he ate my mashed potatoes.
他吃了我的土豆泥
Yes. It was a magical evening.
是啊 真是个不可思议的夜晚
But look, hon, you don’t fall a lot.
但亲爱的 你别陷得太深了
And I’ve seen the way you look at him, so if you are falling for him…
我见过你看她的神情 如果你爱上他的话
…just please, please make sure he’s passionate about you.
拜托你明确一下他是否也对你有感情
Well, you know, I mean, I’m not falling. We’re just working together, you know?
要知道我没有爱上他的 我们只是在一起共事 明白吗
And besides, the one time we slept together, it’s been totally professional.
除了跟他上过一次床外 其余都是非常正常的关系
You did not. I did.
不是吧 真的
You slept with Alex Fletcher?
你跟亚历克斯·弗莱切尔上♥床♥了
Oh, my God.
啊 我的上帝
Don’t worry about it, all right?
别担心了 好不好
Besides, you know, how do you know who’s passionate?
此外 你怎么知道哪个人对你是有感情的呢
You know, I think you… I think you just see it in their eyes.
我想 你从他们的眼神
And you feel it in their touch.
还有他们的行动可以看出来
In Gary’s case,
拿加里来说
it was when he said to his mother, “I’m marrying her anyway.”
当他跟他妈妈说 “无论如何我就是要娶她”时可以看出来
God, I hate her.
上帝 我讨厌他妈妈
I don’t know. I think it’s just when they do something extraordinary.
我也说不清楚 我想就是当他们 有反常举动时可以看出来
Soph, just be careful, okay?
苏菲 慎重点 好吗
Okay.
好的
And bigger. And bigger. And bigger.
用力
With claps, and:
拍手
Ready to spin. And:
准备转身
Well, that was fun.
啊 太有趣了
It was, it was, it was. Except for those potatoes.
的确是 除了那些土豆泥
What I imagine eating insulation would taste like.
我想绝缘材料吃起来也就是那味道了
So Cora tomorrow?
那么明天去见科拉
Yes, tomorrow, 10:00, her studio, 19th Street.
是的 明天上午10点 在第十九大街 她的录音棚内
Should I meet you there? That would be fine.
我们到时候再见面 那样也好
Although I was gonna take a cab.
不过我打算搭出租车去
And seeing as I live further uptown than you…
鉴于我的住处比你远
…I could, theoretically, pick you up.
理论上来说 我可以搭你一程
You could if I was on the street at, say, like, 9:40.
如果9点40左右我在街上的话就能遇到
I would probably see you, depending how brightly you were dressed.
我也许能看见你 这取决于你穿多显眼的衣服了
I’d wear orange so you couldn’t miss me.
那我就穿橙色的衣服 这样你就不会看丢我了
You could get some road work done while you wait.
那么你等的时候还可以修修路
Well, goodbye and thank you. Thank you very much for this. I enjoyed it.
那么再见了 谢谢你 谢谢这一切 我过得很开心
And thank you for your support today. Thank you. Today was great.
还有谢谢你今天对我的鼓励 谢谢你 今天真是太棒了
It was. Okay. Bye.
的确 好吧 再见
Goodbye.
再见
Goodbye. Goodbye.
再见 再见
I want you to hear the new intro to “Way Back Into Love.”
我想让你们听听 “重新找到爱”的新开头
So imagine this:
想象一下
Instead of just starting the song with the piano…
换掉钢琴曲的开头
…we get this heavy Indian thing going, very rhythmic.
以极具节奏感的印度风取而代之
Derek, give me a beat: Steamy and sticky.
德里克 给我打个妩媚动人的拍子
Way back into love.
重新找到爱
She’s been living with a shadow overhead.
她活在阴影之下
She’s been sleeping with a cloud above her bed.
乌云伴她共枕
Go Cora, go Cora.
来啊 科拉 来啊 科拉
Cora Corman and Alex Fletcher got a new song that’s gonna get you.
科拉·考曼和 亚历克斯·弗莱切尔的新歌♥会让你
Way back into love.
重新找到爱
Way back into love.
重新找到爱
Way back into love.
重新找到爱
You know, I think that I will get some wheatgrass after all.
我想我还是去搞点麦草汁吧
You don’t like it? No. No, no, no, it’s not that.
你不喜欢吗 不 不是的
She had her eye on that wheatgrass since we came in.
我们刚进来时她就看上了那麦草汁
What you’re doing, that thing there, is great.
你刚刚表演的太棒了
It’s steamy and it’s sticky, you know.
既妩媚又动人
Which is… One is normally enough, but the combo’s just amazing.
通常来说一种表演形式就行了 但结合起来效果真是惊人
C, time for the press shoot.
科拉 该去拍封面照了
I really like what we came up with.
我真的很喜欢我们的新点子
Oh, and add another verse. It doesn’t feel like the song ends yet.
对了 再加上一段吧 这歌♥听上去感觉还没结束
Another verse? Right. That would be an honor, C.
再加一段 好极了 真是太荣幸了 科拉
I’m having a little pre-recording session party at my place.
我会在我家开一个预录阶段聚会
I want you both to come.
我想要你们俩都参加
Great.
太好了
I think though, that… That there… But wait…
但是我想 那个 但是等等
Cheers. Thanks a lot, Ray.
非常感谢 雷
Thanks, Derek. Nice one.
谢谢你 德里克 演奏得很棒
Don’t speak. Don’t say anything.
别开口 什么都别说
You didn’t actually like that orgasm set to the Gandhi soundtrack, did you?
你不是真的想把歌♥的高♥潮♥改成甘地似的风格 是吧
Well, I thought it was, you know, horrible.
我不想 那样太恐怖了
I mean, it simultaneously destroyed two musical cultures in under a minute.
我觉得那一下子同时破坏了两种音乐艺术风格
We have to tell her.
我们得告诉她
No, no. I don’t think we do.
不 我想不行
Honestly, if she wants to dance, let her dance.
老实说 如果她想跳舞 就让她跳吧
I don’t understand. Wait. I’m sorry. I don’t understand.
我不明白 等等 对不起 我不明白
Your heroes, the Beatles, Smokey,
你的偶像 甲壳虫乐队和史摩基
they would never let this happen.
他们绝不会让这种事情发生的
That’s a completely different thing. They were geniuses.
那完全是两码事情 他们是天才