Two different matches.
一支抽剩下的雪茄
A smoked cigar.
-一根烟斗通条 -还有这个
-A pipe cleaner… -And this.
-首字母H -这个应该不难查到
-The initial H. -That should not be hard to identify.
不知这是教名还是姓
I wonder, Christian name or surname?
等我们查了护照再说
We must wait until we examine the passports.
比安奇 医生
Bianchi, doctor,
你们是否发觉 这包厢里的线索有点太多了呢
has it occurred to you that there are too many clues in this room?
咱们接着看 我相信这是最后一条线索
Let us proceed by examining what I hope will prove to be the last of them.
烧过的纸片
The burnt paper.
我用它来修整唇髭
I use it for the mustaches.
酒精灯和唇髭怎么扯上关系
What has that to do with mustaches?
把蜡熔化掉
To melt the wax.
仔细看 然后记住 你们是我唯一的证人
Observe, memorize, you are my only witnesses.
-AISY ARMS -这是什么意思
-A-l-S-Y A-R-M-S. -What does that mean?
意思是 我们知道雷切特先生的真实身份了
It means we know the true identity of Mr. Ratchett.
以及他为什么非离开美国不可
And why he had to leave America.
你记得阿姆斯特朗案件吗
Do you remember the Armstrong case?
当然 发生在美国的幼♥女♥绑♥架♥和撕票案件
Of course, the kidnapping of that little American girl, and the killing.
谁会不记得
Who does not?
你记得孩子的名字吗
Do you remember the name of the child?
当然[意大利语] 叫戴西
Certamente. It was Daisy.
D
D.
DA
D-A
ISY
I-S-Y.
空格 ARMS
Space, A-R-M-S.
戴西·阿姆斯特朗
Daisy Armstrong.
-雷切特就是杀她的人 -不 我们都知道
-And Ratchett was her murderer? -Well, no, the actual murderer
真正的凶手已经被执行死刑了
was tried, sentenced and electrocuted.
但他的背后还有个主谋
But he was only the number two.
这个主谋的部下 起初吓得不敢指认头头
The subordinate of a boss whom, at first, he was too terrified to identify.
直到电刑当晚 他才供出了头头的名字
Only on the eve of his electrocution did he give the name of the boss,
但那会儿 主谋早已拿着赎金溜之大吉了
who by then had disappeared with the ransom money.
我记得我当时颇感耻辱 因为那主谋有个意大利语名字
I remember feeling ashamed that he had an Italian name.
卡塞蒂
Cassetti.
禽兽[意大利语] 手上沾满了孩子的血
Che mostro. He had a child’s blood on his hands.
他的罪岂止这一点
He had worse than that.
孩子的尸体被发现后
After the shock of the body’s discovery,
怀着身孕的阿姆斯特朗太太悲伤过度
Mrs. Armstrong gave premature birth to a stillborn child,
产下死胎 自己也因分娩而死
and herself died in the process.
她丈夫阿姆斯特朗上校 举枪自杀
Her husband, Colonel Armstrong,
他在皇家步兵曾是多么英勇的军官
once a brave officer in the Scots Guard, shot himself,
还有阿姆斯特朗太太的贴身女仆
and Mrs. Armstrong’s personal maid,
因被冤枉为案件同谋
who came wrongly under suspicion of complicity,
从自己卧室跳窗自杀
threw herself from her bedroom window and she died,
五条人命 五条
so five deaths, five.
这畜生一辈子血债累累
Then I thank heaven that Giuseppe, who spilt so much blood in his lifetime,
该是血债血偿的时候了
should have his own blood spilt now.
非常好 皮埃尔 请把这些旅客
Excellent, Pierre. And could you summon the passengers to me here?
按此顺序一个个带来见我 好吗 除了公主殿下
One by one in this order except for the Princess Dragomiroff,
因为她有皇室血统 另外她的实际年龄比她打扮得要老许多
who is not only of royal blood, but also much older than she tries not to look.
皮埃尔 既然你已经在这儿了 那我们就
And, Pierre, since you are here already, we can conveniently start
从你开始吧
by questioning you.
你的全名是皮埃尔·保罗·米歇尔
Your full name is Pierre Paul Michel.
-完全正确 先生[法语] -两位圣徒的名字啊
-Correct, monsieur. -Two male saints’ names.
你肯定倍受神佑
You must be greatly blessed.
我自己的好运已经不少了 先生[法语]
I’ve had my share of good fortune, monsieur.
那么 也有不幸 我注意到尊夫人的照片
So… And of bad. I note the cancellation
大概在五年前被拿掉了
of your wife’s photograph nearly five years ago.
-她去世了 -她死了 先生[法语]
-She is deceased. -She died, monsieur.
我们的独生女得猩红热死了
Of grief at the death of our only daughter.
我妻子悲伤过度随她去了
From scarlet fever.
太遗憾了
I am truly sorry.
还是不要谈这些伤心事了
Let us talk of less distressing matters.
谋杀当晚 火车驶出贝尔格莱德后
On the night of the murder, after we left Belgrade,
最后回包厢的旅客是谁
who were the last passengers to retire to their compartment?
在图上指给我看
Show me on the diagram.
大约1点30分 我记得看见那位英国上校
About 1:30, I remember seeing the English colonel say good night
在3号♥4号♥包厢外同麦奎恩先生道晚安
to Mr. McQueen outside number three and four.
我看见上校回到自己的15号♥包厢
I saw him walk back into his compartment, number 15,
再也没出来过
which he did not leave.
在那之后呢 有谁出来过吗
And after that, did no one reemerge?
有的 有位女士打开了包厢门
No, but there was one lady who opened a door,
我不知道是哪一间
I don’t know which, and walked
她朝厕所去了
in the direction of the toilet
就是靠餐车那边的走廊尽头
at the far end of the corridor, next to the dining car.
-你有没有看到她回来 -没有 先生[法语]
-Did you see her return? -No, monsieur.
也许我正好去应铃了
It is possible I was answering a bell.
啊 这提醒了我最后一个问题
That reminds me of a final point.
早些时候 刚过12点30分 你我都听见
Much earlier, soon after 12:30, you and I both heard Mr. Ratchett
雷切特先生按了几次铃 然后他道歉说只是个噩梦
ring his bell several times and then apologize for having had a nightmare.
没事了 只是个噩梦[法语]
Ce n’est rien. C’était un cauchemar.
你在回答雷切特先生的时候 是谁在按铃
Who rang the second bell while you were answering Mr. Ratchett’s?
是德拉戈米罗夫公主 先生[法语]
The Princess Dragomiroff, monsieur.
她让我把她的女仆叫来
She asked me to summon her maid.
谢谢你 皮埃尔 目前就问这么多吧
Thank you, Pierre. That is all for the moment.
他有可供作案的工具 能打开雷切特包厢的万♥能♥钥♥匙♥
He had the means to do it. The passkey to Ratchett’s room.
-刀可以从厨子那儿借 -厨子也可能是同谋
-And a knife borrowed from the chef. -With whom he was in league.
然后又漫无目的地向叫不出声的
Which he plunged repeatedly and without motive into the body
受害者捅了一刀又一刀
of his suitably astonished victim.
何况 我们知道光有钥匙无济于事 因为里面挂上了链子
Anyway, we know the door was not only locked, but chained.
麦奎恩先生
Mr. McQueen.
自上次与您一叙后
Since our last conversation,
我已经知道了您已故雇主的真实身份
I have learned the true identity of your late employer.
不会吧
You don’t say.
正如您所怀疑的 雷切特只是个化名
Ratchett was, as you yourself suspected, merely an alias.
他真名叫卡塞蒂
He was, in fact, Cassetti.
就是策划那起小戴西·阿姆斯特朗
The gangster who masterminded the kidnapping and killing
绑票与谋杀案的匪徒
of little Daisy Armstrong.
您对此一无所知吗
You had no idea of this?
是的 先生
Oh, no, sir.
要是事先知道 我宁可剁掉右手 也不会给他当秘书
If I had, I’d have cut off my right hand so I couldn’t type his lousy letters.
我还会用剩下的左手杀了他
And I’d have killed him with my left.
看来您觉得自己本可以伸张正义
You feel you could’ve done the good deed yourself?
看起来我把自己说得像杀他的凶手
It seems like I’m kind of incriminating myself.
要是您因为雇主的死而过分悲痛
I should be more inclined to suspect you, Mr. McQueen,
我反倒会怀疑您 麦奎恩先生
if you displayed an inordinate sorrow at your employer’s decease.
悲痛
Sorrow?
我爸爸 我父亲当年是经办
My dad, my father, was the district attorney, yeah,
阿姆斯特朗案件的地方检察官
who handled the Armstrong case.
阿姆斯特朗夫人和她丈夫两次来我们家
Mrs. Armstrong and her husband came to our house twice
讨论付赎金的事情
for advice about the ransom money.
她很温柔 也很恐惧
She was gentle and frightened.
尽管如此 她仍旧对一个
But not too frightened to take an interest in a young man
喜欢舞台表演的男孩子表现出了关心
who wanted to go on the stage.
她说她会亲自写信
She even said she’d write to…
可还没来得及写 她就去世了
She died before she got around to that.
她对我的帮助好比
She was as helpful to me as a…
母亲一般
Well, a mother.
西格蒙德·弗洛伊德[1856-1939] 奥地利神经病学家 精神分♥析♥的奠基人
冒昧问个与弗洛伊德学说有关的问题
Forgive a Freudian question.
-您爱自己的母亲吗 -是的
-Do you love your mother? -I did.
她在我八岁的时候就去世了 一个敏感的年龄
She died when I was 8. An impressionable age.
-为什么这样问 -头天晚上
-Why do you ask? -We shared a compartment
您和我住一个包厢时
on the first night of our journey.
您睡梦中曾两度呼唤您的母亲
You cried out to your mother twice in your sleep.
是么
Did I?
我仍总是梦到她
I still dream about her.
接着说 说我有心理障碍
Go on. Tell me. I’m emotionally retarded.
说这就是我一直不结婚的原因
Tell me that’s why I never married.
应邀来此提供答案的人是您 不是我 麦奎恩先生
I am not here to tell you anything, Mr. McQueen. You are here to tell me.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!