哈丽特·赫伯德太太
美国中年妇人
Mrs. Harriet Hubbard
赫伯德太太 见到您总是我的荣幸
Mrs. Hubbard. It’s always an honor to greet you.
您最喜欢的数字 11号♥包厢
You have your favorite number, 11.
这儿 比安奇先生 欢迎您[意大利语]
Ecco, Signor Bianchi. Benvenuto!
9号♥包厢 和以前一样[意大利语]
Numero nove. Come sempre.
谢谢 皮埃尔[意大利语] 我知道你很忙
Grazie, Pierre. I understand that you are full up.
真是意想不到 先生 好像全世界都选在今晚旅行
It’s unbelievable, signor. All the world elects to travel tonight.
尽管如此 您还是得为波洛先生[法语]腾出一间包厢
Nonetheless, you must find room for Monsieur Poirot here.
赫尔克里·波洛先生[法语]
Monsieur Hercule Poirot?
-那位著名的 -正是
-The famous… -Precisely.
他也是我的好朋友
And he is also a personal friend of mine.
请问 我的包厢
Please be so good as to direct…
葛利泰·奥尔森小姐
虔诚的基♥督♥徒 瑞典人
Miss Greta Ohlsson
晚上好 奥尔森小姐 您在7号♥包厢[瑞典语]
Fröken Ohlsson, god afton! Plats nummer sju.
7号♥ 好的[瑞典语]
Sju, ja.
您丢了什么东西吗
Something is lost?
我的圣克里斯托弗小像
My little medal of St. Christopher,
能够趋吉避
to bring me luck and deliver…
避凶
Deliver me from evil.
夫人 夫人 希波的圣奥古斯丁的幸运牙齿
Madame. Madame, lucky tooth from St. Augustine of Hippo.
-招财佛像 夫人 -夫人 招财佛像
-Lucky Buddha, Madame? -Madame, lucky Buddha.
哦 感谢上帝 我的圣克里斯托弗
Thank God, my St. Christopher.
圣克里斯托弗
St. Christopher.
你看 伦敦方面急需我的朋友
You see, my friend has been urgently called to London
处理一些重要的国际事务
on a matter of international importance,
并且我个人也向他保证你会
and I have given him my personal assurance
在开往加来的车厢上为他提供妥善的食宿
that you will secure an accommodation for him on the coach to Calais.
-但是 比安奇先生[意大利语] 我已经 -赫克特
-But, Signor Bianchi, I have already… -Hector…
抱歉 抱歉 先生们 雷切特先生预订了包厢
Excuse me, excuse me, gentlemen, but Mr. Ratchett has reservations,
如能让我们尽快上车 我们将感激不尽
and we’d be grateful if we could board immediately.
雷切特先生
Mr. Ratchett.
欢迎您 您在10号♥包厢
Welcome to the number ten.
贝多斯先生 您在1号♥包厢下铺
Mr. Beddoes, the lower berth in number one.
赫克特·麦奎恩
美国商人的秘书
Hector McQueen
贝多斯
美国商人的男仆
Beddoes
麦奎恩先生 您在4号♥包厢下铺
Mr. McQueen, the lower berth in number four.
-我的上铺 -就当有人了
-The upper berth is… -As arranged.
皮埃尔 天气很冷
Now, Pierre, it is cold.
我们可以把波洛先生[法语]安排在16号♥
Now we can place Monsieur Poirot in the number 16,
那里总是空的
which is always kept vacant.
也有人了 先生 是一位哈德曼先生
It is taken, signor, by a Mr. Hardman.
那我就以公♥司♥董事的身份
Then as a director of the line,
命令你把波洛先生[法语]安排在
I command you to place Monsieur Poirot
4号♥包厢麦奎恩先生的上铺 你我都知道那里空着
in what we know to be the empty berth above Mr. McQueen’s number four.
先生[法语]
Monsieur.
至少你能拿到两份小费
At least you can get two tips.
请让一下 先生[法语]
Pardon, monsieur.
抱歉
Sorry.
对不起[法语]
Pardon.
对不起 先生[意大利语]
Excuse me, signor.
哼 我的第二任丈夫赫伯德先生肯定会讨个说法
Well, my second husband, Mr. Hubbard, would have raised hell.
化妆包没地方放 饮用水里也不加冰块
No place for my makeup bag, no ice in my drinking water,
热水放出来根本都不热
and the hot water burps as it comes out of the faucet.
借过[法语]
Pardon.
打起精神来 我的朋友 总比没有铺位好
Have courage, my friend. It is the last compartment but one.
借过[法语]
Pardon.
不 我 我
No. I… I…
我想是搞错了
I think there’s a mistake.
我想你一定是搞错了[法语]
Je crois que vous avez fait une erreur.
麦奎恩先生 车里没有别的空位了
Mr. McQueen, there is no other berth on the train.
波洛先生[法语]只能住这里来
Monsieur Poirot has to come in here.
来吧 先生[法语] 都安排妥当了
Voilà, monsieur, all is arranged.
您在4号♥包厢上铺
Yours is the upper berth, the number four.
我们一分钟后发车
We start in one minute.
对您造成的不便我很抱歉
I apologize if I have incommoded you here.
贝尔格莱德 前南斯拉夫首都 现为塞尔维亚首都
不过毕竟只住一晚 到了贝尔格莱德站
However, it is for one night only at Belgrade Station.
哦 明白了 您在贝尔格莱德下 下车
Oh, I see. At Belgrade, you’re… You’re getting off.
比旅馆好很多吧
Better than the hotel?
好得我都想把菜单留作纪念了
I shall probably keep the menu as a souvenir.
赫克特 我订了三件13世纪伊♥斯♥兰♥穿孔陶碗
Hector, I ordered three Islamic 13th-century, perforated pottery bowls
以及六个大口杯
and six beakers.
但他们只送来五个杯子 一个碗还有缺口
They delivered only five beakers, and one of the bowls arrived chipped,
我付钱时可不是这样的
which it was not when I paid for it.
简直是敲竹杠
Through the nose.
-等到了贝尔格莱德记得拍封电报 -好的 雷切特先生
-Send a telegram from Belgrade. -Yes. Yes, Mr. Ratchett.
怎么了 你看上去很疲倦
What’s the matter? You look tired.
-我没睡好 -唉 怎么了呢
-I slept badly. -Yeah, why?
我上铺的那个比利时人鼾声震天
The Belgian in the upper berth snored.
是吗 信都回了吗
Really? Any other unanswered letters on file?
只剩那些匿名信了
Only the anonymous ones.
那种信想回也回不了 是吧
We can’t answer those, can we?
你最好去补个觉
You’d better go catch up on your sleep…
趁那位比利时绅士还没回包厢
…before the Belgian gentleman gets back to your compartment.
快去啊
Go on.
塞洛斯·哈德曼
美国剧院经理
Cyrus Hardman
嗨 我叫哈德曼
Hi. My name’s Hardman.
叫我迪克吧
Call me Dick.
福斯卡雷里
意大利裔美国汽车销♥售♥人员
Foscarelli
-福斯卡雷里 叫我吉诺吧 -你好
-Foscarelli. Call me Gino. -How are you?
贝多斯
Beddoes.
叫我贝多斯先生
Mr. Beddoes.
这场景若是在巴尔扎克笔下
For the pen of a Balzac.
三天中 所有这些彼此不相识的人
For three days, all these people, these total strangers,
在一列火车上相遇 引擎决定着他们的命运
meet in a single train whose engine controls their destiny.
是的 我同意 那个丈夫真让人妒忌
Yes, I know. We are both envious of the husband.
那
Is?
那丈夫穿着英式的花呢大衣 他是英国人
Is the husband as British as his tweeds?
哦 但愿不是 他是个暴脾气的匈牙利人
Oh, heaven forbid. He’s a hot-blooded Hungarian.
多看一眼他妻子 他就会不顾外交官身份跟你拼命
If you but look at his wife, he will cease to be a diplomat.
感谢上帝我们都已不年轻了
Thank God we are not young.
我第二任丈夫说 找钱时永远都要美金
My second husband said always to ask for change in dollars
退一万步也得是英镑
or at worst, sterling.
德拉克马 希腊货币
看在上帝的份上 德拉克马算什么东西
So for Pete’s sake, what’s a drachma?
这就是 你们怎么说的 通货
It is… What do you call it? The currency…
我的第二任丈夫还说”多带些餐券 妈妈”
“My second husband also said, take a book of food tickets, Mama,
“走到哪里都不成问题 一劳永逸”
“and you’ll have no problem, no problem at all.”
其实根本就不是这么回事
That just isn’t so.
用餐小费就得百分之十
First there’s this ten-percent tip.
-乘务员又得百分之五 -我想奥尔森小姐有些头疼
-Five would’ve done the steward more… -I think Miss Ohlsson has a headache.
请原谅我们得回包厢休息了 赫伯德太太
Would you forgive us if we went back to the compartment, Mrs. Hubbard?
请便 非走不可的话
Gladly, if you must.
要是需要阿司匹林 我总是随身带着
If you need aspirin, I always carry it on my person.
外国的药可靠不住
I mistrust foreign drugs.
请原谅我先走一步 赫伯德太太过来了
You must excuse me, Mrs. Hubbard is upon us.
他怎么了 晕车还是别的什么
What’s the matter with him? Train-sick or something?
葛丽泰·嘉宝[1905-1990] 瑞典女演员 奥斯卡终身成就奖得主
36岁退出演艺界 后过着隐居生活 “我想一个人待着”是其著名台词
用神圣的葛丽泰·嘉宝的话说 有些人”想一个人呆着”
Some of us, in the words of the divine Greta Garbo, “want to be alone”.
今天晚餐给您准备什么
And for dinner this evening?
请准备清蒸鳎目鱼
You will have the goodness to serve me the poached sole
外加新鲜土豆
with one new potato
一小份生菜色拉 不带调料 希尔德加德
and a small green salad with no dressing. Hildegarde.
那位颇具威严的女士是谁
Who was that majestic lady?
-德拉戈米罗夫公主 -我听说过
-The Princess Dragomiroff. -I have heard.
对不起 先生
Pardon me, sir.
不知能否借个火
I wonder if you could oblige me with a light.
当然
Certainly.