有多少人受到了伤害
is how many people were wounded by it.
妹妹
The younger sister.
作为演员的母亲…
The actress mother…
艺名为 雅顿·琳达
stage name, Linda Arden.
[诚挚地感谢您睿智的来信] [雅顿·琳达]
我猜她的祖先也是犹太人…
I suppose she, too, was of Jewish ancestry…
那么谁最有可能有一个艺名
as who is most likely to take a stage name?
就无法推测了…
Is it too far to suggest…
她的原名是戈登堡
her original name was Goldenberg?
尤其是我们发现了一位年轻的女士
Especially when we find a young woman,
年龄相仿…
the same age…
作为她幸存的女儿…
as her surviving daughter…
生活在恐惧之中
living in a world of fear?
他的妹妹 索尼亚 阿姆斯特朗
The sister of Sonia Armstrong.
出去
Get out!
我听到声音就跑过来了 刚刚好 是吗
I hear noises and I run. Just in time, yes?
你现在一定认为伯爵和伯爵夫人是凶手
You must now believe the count and countess are the killers.
伯爵是自我防卫
The count is protective.
伯爵夫人连房♥间里的一只蜘蛛都杀不死
The countess would no sooner kill a bedroom spider.
你不用再装了
And you may desist with this charade.
你既不是奥地利人也不是德国人 更不是什么教授
You are neither an Austrian, nor a German, nor a professor.
而是一位出色的模仿者
But a good imitation.
是模仿了某个你认识的人吗
Was it based on someone you know?
我出生地的一位德国屠夫
A local butcher where I grew up was a Kraut.
一个好人 纯正的口音
Good man, great accent.
为什么这么说
What was it?
[都灵:意大利城市]
你说了 都灵…
You said “Tur-in…”
重音的音节不对
the emphasis on the wrong syllable
一个正统的日耳曼人会说
for a proud and proper Teuton.
都灵
“Tu-reen.”
你十分敏锐 我承认
You are one sharp knife, I give you that.
格哈德哈德曼教授…
Herr Professor Gerhard Hardman…
是我的假名
is my cover.
抱歉上演了一出种族歧视的戏码
I’m sorry about the colored folks cracks.
我也算半个犹太人
Hell, I’m half a Heeb myself.
塞勒斯 贝思曼 哈德曼
Cyrus Bethman Hardman.
你是平克顿的侦探
You are a Pinkerton detective?
三十年
30 years.
当时我在斯坦布尔 刚做完一个任务
I was in Stamboul, coming back from a job,
接到了公♥司♥的电报
when the office cabled.
雷切特需要一个人保护他
Ratchett asked for a man to tail him,
出三倍的价格
offering triple time.
而我就是那个人
Lucky me being nearby.
他让我注意
He told me to look out
一个矮的 声音很尖的黑人
for a small, dark man with a high voice.
我整晚都…
I watched that hall…
从门缝盯着走廊
all night through a crack in my door.
任何刺客…
Any thug…
都会先经过我
had to go by me first.
我发誓这是真的
I’ll take my oath on it.
那你是否愿意发誓…
And would you also take your oath…
你做了三十年侦探…
on your thirty years as a Pinkerton Detective…
还是继续向我撒谎…
or would you lie to me again…
然后否认你是一个警♥察♥
and deny that you were, in fact, a policeman first?
你的枪 枪托上的格纹 蓝色的漆面…
Your gun, the checkered grip, the blue finish…
是特警用的
produced for the Police Positive edition.
一九二七年的
1927 issue.
看来你为我准备了
It appears there are no end to the lies
一箩筐的谎言
manufactured just for me.
把枪留下你可以走了 教授
You can leave your gun as you go, Professor.
从他车厢的位置…
From the position of his cabin…
是不可能错过的
it would have been impossible to miss.
除非雷切特的门是开着的…
Unless Ratchett’s door was open…
正如皮拉尔 埃斯特拉瓦多斯说她开了
as Pilar Estravados claims she opened it.
这样的话 就有人可能…
In which case, someone could have been…
逃脱他的视线
masked from his view.
我亲爱的凯瑟琳
My darling Katherine.
这起惨案…
This is an abominable crime…
我陷入了困境 凯瑟琳
and I am stuck, ma Katherine.
我无法找到破绽
I cannot find the crack in the wall.
为什么他们中有人迷惑了我
Why does one of them elude me?
我一直都…
I have always been…
很笃定
so sure.
太笃定
Too sure.
但现在 我就像一个孩子一样
But now, I am very humble.
谦卑地说…
And I say, like a little child…
我不知道
I do not know.
我恨害怕 凯瑟琳
I am afraid, ma Katherine.
女士们先生们 我很抱歉
My apologies, ladies and gentlemen.
当在装引擎的时候
It is not safe on board
在列车上不安全
whilst the engine is put back on the tracks.
我们去隧♥道♥那边等一下 谢谢
We are to wait in the tunnel. Thank you.
他们要把狗带到哪里去
Where are they taking the dogs?
他们会很开心的
They’ll be happy.
不会的
That’s not right.
只是伸了伸腿 很好
Just to stretch their legs, it’s good.
不 不对
No, that’s not right.
冷死了
It’s freezing!
我们是困住了吗
Are we stuck?
你找我吗
You asked for me?
又要审讯吗
Another interrogation?
哦不 我非常开心有你的陪伴
Oh, no. I enjoy your company.
谢谢你 布克
Merci, Bouc.
啊 请坐
Uh, please.
我这里列了十个 我无法解答的问题…
I have a list of ten questions I am no nearer to answering…
这列车就要开了
and the train is about to leave.
你很聪明…
You have a clear mind…
我认为你可能可以看出点什么 请
and I thought that you might produce an insight. Please.
呃
Hmm.
手绢 烟斗通条
“The handkerchief. The pipe cleaner.
红色和服 制♥服♥
“The scarlet kimono. The uniform.
手表上的时间
“The time on the watch.
谋杀发生在当时 之前还是之后
“Was he murdered then? Earlier or later?
被一个人杀害还是多个人
“By one person or more?
哪些人
“Which of them?”
不好意思 我无法帮助你
Sorry, I can’t help you.
呃…谢谢你
Uh… Merci.
大概还有第十一个疑问
Perhaps there is an eleventh question
你现在不知道…
you don’t know to ask yet…
它会为你解答其他所有问题
that will give you the answer to the rest.
也许吧
Perhaps.
我可以轻易地说安德烈伯爵夫人
I could point an easy finger at the, uh, Countess Andrenyi.
我发现她是索尼亚 阿姆斯特朗的妹妹
I discovered she was Sonia Armstrong’s sister.
– 你确定吗 – 确定
– Are you certain? – Yes.
我估计她大概是清白的
I suspect she may perhaps be innocent.
只是可能
Perhaps.
但是列车上的很多人都
But so many people have lied to me
有意无意地对我撒了谎
on this train and do not seem to mind.
而你做得毫不费力
You yourself did so effortlessly.
我
Me?
你曾告诉我你从未去过美国
You told me you had never been to America.
你同样隐藏了
You also concealed the fact
当阿姆斯特朗惨案发生时…
that at the time of the tragedy…
你就在他家担任…
you were living in the Armstrong household…
她们女儿家教的事实
as governess to their daughter.
你也知道这一切
And you know this.
我也要生存
I have my living to get.
一个牵连进谋杀案的女人…
A girl detained in connection to a murder case…
不会有其他人愿意雇佣我的
no decent class family would engage me.
德贝纳姆小姐 是你一手策划了对雷切特的谋杀
Miss Debenham, you planned Ratchett’s murder.