Shall we go eat now?
嘿,老爸这一手露的……
Boy, Pop. You sure put your…
闭上你的日本嘴!
Shut Japanese mouth.
去掉臀部的手术一定很痛苦吧?
Must be ghastly to have a hip removed.
现在还疼吗?
Does your hip hurt?
只是在阴天下雨的时候。
Only in damp weather.
(THUNDER RUMBLING)
(SCREAMS IN PAIN)
你没事吧?
Are you all right?
别管他,你会把他惯坏的。
Pay no attention. You’ll only spoil him.
起来,起来!
Get up. Get up.
(METALLIC CLINKING)
上次我对你说……
As I was saying…
嗨, 老爸。
Hey, Pop.
诡异莫测的道路就像新鲜的蘑菇……
A treacherous road like fresh mush…
嗨, 老爸。
Hey, Pop.
我知道——狗舌头伸出画外。
I know. Dog stick tongue out of picture.
这诡异莫测的道路就像新鲜的蘑菇……
Treacherous road like fresh mushroom…
他可真英俊……
He’s a charming fellow.
非洲的死亡面具。我想这人一定死于种族间相互残杀。
African death mask. Died in some tribal ritual.
真想知道,其他人此时在哪儿?
Wonder where others are.
其他人?
Others?
其他什么人?
What others?
被邀请参加“谋杀宴会”这件事,王终于想明白了。
Invitation to dinner and murder finally clear to Wang with appearance
因为看到了皮埃尔先生。
of Monsieur Perrier.
这就明显说明,只有当世最伟大的侦探才可能出现在客人名单上。
Only the world’s greatest living detectives were invited.
确切点说共有五人,亲爱的。其中三位已经到场了。
Five of us, darling. Three already here.
还有两位随时会登场。
Two have not yet arrived.
一位是杰西卡·马布尔小姐,英格兰人;
Miss Jessie Marbles of England, and Mr…
山姆·戴蒙德,来自三藩市。
Sam Diamond of San Francisco.
你们我都认识,
know who you all are.
介绍一下身边这位一身租借服装的女士,是我的秘书兼情妇——
This lady here in the rented dress is my secretary and mistress,
苔丝·斯凯富顿小姐。
Miss Tess Skeffington.
山姆, 别这样……
Oh, Sam, don’t…
噢对不起,心肝。
Oh, I’m sorry, sweetheart.
斯凯富顿小姐不喜欢我这样口无遮拦,粗野的坦诚。
Miss Skeffington thinks I’m too brutally honest.
可我还要说,我们从事的就是粗野的生意,对不,绅士们?
But then, we’re in a brutal business.
从不把谋杀当作“生意”,戴蒙德先生。
Never consider murder to be business, Mr. Diamond.
是么,王先生?
Is that right? Mr. Wang,
这话不该你说,
Maybe not for you,
想想你是怎样把所有的钱都用来投资蔬菜的,从三十年代末就开始了。
because you put your money into vegetables in the late ’30s.
可能这里的朋友们都不清楚,在中国大♥陆♥你拥有50%的豆芽和竹笋生产基地吧?
You own 50% of the bean sprouts and bamboo shoots grown on the Chinese mainland.
你们这些人可以想想,那些源源不绝的罐装食品
So you folks can imagine
每年会给王先生带来多少收益。
how much chicken chow mein Mr. Wang has.
– 这些数据我没引用错吧,天使?
– 没错, 山姆.
– Am I right, angel?
– Right, Sam.
我看不出这和任何事情有什么关系。
That doesn’t seem important.
你也别装,皮埃尔。
Or you, Mr. Perrier.
你在法国酿酒业可谓是左右逢源哪,
You work both sides of the big drink.
一面为那些男爵伯爵们办案,
ou solve crimes for barons and earls
一面把高额佣金存入瑞士银行生息。
and put your fancy fees into Swiss banks.
每年跑三趟做巧克力生意,是不是啊,法国佬?
That buys a lot of hot chocolate.
你听我说,戴蒙德。
Now see here, Diamond.
不,你听我说,查尔斯顿先生。
No, you see, Mr. Charleston of New York,
你在纽约,棕榈海滩以及贝弗利山都有地♥产♥,
Palm Beach and Beverly Hills.
罪案对你来说不过是一种嗜好,对不对?
Crime is a hobby to you,
在奢华酒店闲情逸致地等房♥间服务时
just a game to pass the time while waiting
用来打发时光的游戏而已。
for room service in some fancy hotel.
同时还让你妻子的家族为你买♥♥单,让你喝马蒂尼酒,穿300美元的西服。
Your wife’s dough buys you gin martinis and $300 suits.
这种生活安排真是妙极了,你要做的事 不过是随时随地搜刮你的妻子,
All you do is give your wife a little grab now and then
还有每天两次牵狗出去遛街撒尿。
and walk the dog.
很抱歉夫人,在你面前失礼了,
Sorry if I’m shocking you,
可我这人没念过书,
but I never went to finishing school.
我的学校就是大街,
My school is the streets,
每天瞅着的黑乎乎左轮枪口就是我的老师。
and a pointed revolver is my teacher.
我每天的佣金是50美元,这还得挣得到手才行,先生们。
I get $50 a day and expenses.
我现在欠着这位斯凯富顿小姐三年零两个月的薪水。
I owe Miss Skeffington three years’ back pay.
我没记错吧,天使?
Isn’t that right, angel?
我不在意钱,山姆。
I don’t care, Sam.
我也不在意。
Neither do I.
好啦,不知哪位好心的先生肯为我这位女士……
Would someone give my lady friend
倒杯便宜的白酒?
a glass of cheap white wine?
我得去楼下大厅找厕所。
I’m going to find the can.
有时我话太多,把正事都忘了。
I talk so much sometimes, I forget to go.
请大家原谅山姆。
Please excuse Sam.
上星期他脑袋挨了一枪,
He was shot in the head last week.
按理说他现在都不该出院。
He shouldn’t be out of the hospital.
要我说,此人还真够他妈坦诚的。
I think the fellow is damned honest.
迪迪,注意言辞!
Dickie, language.
杰西卡·马布尔小姐,和她的护士。
Miss Jessica Marbles and nurse.
啊,马布尔小姐!
Ah, Miss Marbles.
我们终于见面了。
So we finally meet.
我一直崇拜你,自从我当上小小的侦探以后。
Have admire you since I was tiny little detective.
谢谢你,王先生。
Thank you, Mr. Wang.
我就是杰西卡·马布尔。
I am Jessica Marbles.
这是威瑟斯小姐,我的护士。
This is Miss Withers, my nurse.
她和我相处了52年。
She’s been with me 52 years.
我只好由我来照顾这个小可怜了。
I must take care of her now.
感觉还好吧,威瑟斯小姐?
Are you all right, Miss Withers?
你现在吃药吗?
Do you want your medicine?
不。
No.
噢!
Ow!
你看她。
She’s off.
安置妥啦。我要好好喝上一大杯烈酒,查尔斯顿先生。
I could use a stiff shot, Mr. Charleston.
你办案经常出没于酒肆,想必酒量不差吧?
I believe booze, as you call it, is your department.
乐意奉陪,夫人。
My pleasure, madam.
谁叫老“吉萨”?
Who’s the old geezer?
山姆!
Sam!
杰西,宝贝!
Jessie, baby.
山姆·戴蒙德!
Sam Diamond!
戴蒙德先生,你后背有个枪眼。
There’s a bullet hole in your back.
你该看看那家伙的惨样。
You should see the other guy.
(MAN GROANING)
请安静。
Quiet, please.
观察到奇怪的声音。
Observe strange sound.
(GROANING CONTINUES)
天哪,是那张脸!
My God, it’s the face.
是那张脸发出的声音!
It’s coming from the face.
(GROANING)
他似乎在传达他死前的痛苦。
He’s going through his dying moments.
会有什么含义呢?
What could it mean?
这个含义就是,晚餐准备好了。我们没有开饭锣。
Dinner, sir. We have no gong.
女士们先生们,我有几句祝酒词。
Ladies and gentlemen, I propose a toast.
我们的主人,莱昂内尔·双先生确实非常不一般。
Our host, Mr. Lionel Twain, is a unique man.
第一点:他成功邀请了当今最伟大的五位侦探
Point one, he has gathered the world’s greatest detectives
来这里调查一桩罪案,尚未发生的罪案。
to investigate a crime that has not yet been committed.
第二点:他设了一连串的陷阱——
Point two, he has set traps for us,
摇摇欲坠的桥梁……自空而降的雕塑……
a bridge that almost collapses, falling statues.
他要杀死我们么?
Does he mean to kill us?
至少眼下看来不是,因为他随时都可以办到。
Not yet. He could’ve done that at any time.
他仅仅是试图挫掉我们的锐气,
He’s merely whetting our appetites
以便为接下来的游戏做铺垫。
for the rest of the game.
第三点:为什么邀请五个侦探,而不是一个?
Point three, why five detectives instead of one?
因为他想将我们一网打尽,女士们先生们。
Because he intends to challenge us all,
迄今为止还没有哪位犯罪人,取得过这样的骄绩。
a feat no criminal mind has heretofore attempted.
鉴于此,在这个地狱般的周末开始之前,
Therefore, before this hellish weekend begins,
我建议大家举杯向他致意,他是个……
I propose that we toast
狡黠风趣的智者也好,是个……
either a most beguiling and charming man,
阴险、凶残的疯子也罢。
or an insidious, fiendish madman.
干杯!
Bottoms up.
请等一下!
One moment, please.
第四点:酒被下毒了。
Point four, wine poisoned.
(ALL MUTTERING)
一种古老的,无口感、无色、无味的东方药草……
An ancient, tasteless, colorless and odorless Oriental herb