你用妻子的钱搞的股市投资
that your wife’s portfolio of stocks
在最近的金融危机中受损严重,几乎赔光了。
was seriously depleted in latest financial crisis.
一句话,你破产了,查尔斯顿先生。
In short, you are broke, Mr. Charleston.
过去两年中你一直在借钱,利息17%的高♥利♥贷♥, 债主是莱昂内尔·双先生。
You have been borrowing money at 17% interest from Mr. Lionel Twain.
破产了,迪迪,是真的么?
Dickie, is this true?
我一直不想告诉你,亲爱的。原打算等你过生日的时候。
I was waiting until your birthday.
一百万美元,你可以买♥♥一大堆笔挺的服装,
$1 million would buy great many tight suits,
是不是啊,查尔斯顿先生?
would it not, Mr. Charleston?
– 你就消停些吧,王!
– 全赔光了,迪迪?
– See here, Wang.
– Dead broke, Dickie?
没全光,亲爱的,我还有一块一毛七和一些邮票。
Almost, darling. I have $1.17 and some stamps.
可我没谋杀莱昂内尔·双!
But I did not murder Lionel Twain.
这点你不会怀疑我吧,亲爱的?
You believe that, don’t you, darling?
再说吧,看看再。
We’ll talk. We’ll see.
凶手可能是你们任何人,
It could have been any one of you.
我们当中每个曾离开过餐厅的人都可怀疑,都有充足的机会作案。
Each of us left that room, giving ample opportunity.
至于说动机,绝不止自大和金钱两种,
As for motives, there’s more than ego and cash involved.
比方说——报复。
For example, revenge.
意思什么,查尔斯顿先生?
Meaning what, Mr. Charleston?
意思就是,我决不是唯一一个过去与双先生有关联的人。
I’m not the only one who’s had experience with Mr. Twain.
你们知不知道,当年他也曾是个很有女人缘的人?
Did you know that he was once quite a ladies’ man?
你是不是暗示在座的某位女士?
Are you suggesting that someone here…
曾经爱上过莱昂内尔·双!
Was once in love with Lionel Twain.
实际上,他先是与其订婚,而后又甩了她。她就是——
He was engaged to and jilted Miss Jessica Marbles.
Mon Dieu!(法语:乖乖!)
(EXCLAIMS IN FRENCH)
老天大爷!
Jesus H. Christ!
54年前就在教堂门前甩了她,
Jilted 54 years ago at the altar
当时她就穿着这身宽松的花呢外套。
in that same baggy tweed outfit.
– 是真的吗,杰西?
– 我没被甩。
– Is this true, Jessie?
– I was not jilted.
是我当众甩了他。
I walked out on him.
他在婚前就想乱来。
He wanted to fool around before the wedding.
作为淑女,你当然坚决拒绝。
Being the lady you are, you refused.
也不完全是,只是有点失控。
Not completely. But it got out of hand.
他是讨厌,可我没杀他。
He was horrid, but I didn’t kill him.
她的解释我能接受。
That’s good enough for me.
你觉得呢,法国佬?
What do you think, Frenchie?
我不是法国佬!我是比利时佬!
I’m not a Frenchie. I’m a Belgie.
应该还有别的动机吧,比如杀父情结。
As for other motives, how about patricide?
杀自己的亲生父亲?
Killing one’s own parent?
你是说莱昂内尔·双是在座某人的父亲?
Lionel Twain was the father of someone in this room?
他不是我的父亲,
He wasn’t my father.
他是我的伯父。
He was my uncle.
他对我很好。
He was very good to me.
常带我去马戏团,还给我糖果。
He would take me to the circus.
他一直都带我去,直到我26岁。
We stopped going when I was about 26.
对不起,山姆。
I’m sorry, Sam.
26岁?你们看的什么马戏节目啊!
Twenty-six? What the hell kind of circus?
对不起,
Forgive me.
对不起,我刚才说的是“杀父情结”,不是“杀伯情结”。
I was talking about patricide, not unclecide.
你可以是双先生的侄女,斯凯富顿小姐,
Monsieur Twain may have been your uncle, Miss Skeffington,
但这不妨碍某人是他的私生子,西德尼·王先生!
but he was the illegitimate father of Monsieur Sidney Wang.
这不是真的。
Is not true.
我是他收养的。
I was adopted.
我有证明文件。
I have my papers.
所以后来我也只收养孩子。
That’s why I adopted all my children.
我说呢。
I was wondering.
噢……
Oh…
他很爱我,
He love me very much,
可他但他不是很善于观察。
but he was not very observant.
有一天,当时我十九岁,
When I was 19,
他把我叫到书房♥,
he called me to his study,
一抬头,这才发现我是东方人,
noticed for first time I was Oriental,
当场就把我踢出大门,我当时真想……
and kicked me out of house. I could have…
杀了他,王先生。
Killed him, Monsieur Wang.
没你那么急切,皮埃尔先生。
As easily as you, Mr. Perrier.
莱昂内尔·双毁了你这世上的唯一所爱……
Lionel Twain killed the only thing you ever loved,
玛丽·露依丝 Cartier.
Marie-Louise Cartier.
(WHIMPERING)
你的情人?
Your sweetheart?
我的狮子狗。
My poodle.
他是个最残忍♥的家伙。
He was a most cruel man.
双先生每年要来法国四趟,
Monsieur Twain came to France every season.
专门猎杀狮子狗。
To hunt poodles.
那天他们找到了血染的项圈带回来给我,
When they brought me her bloodied sequined collar,
我发誓有一天我会……
I vowed I would…
– 干掉他?
– 我是想,假如有机会的话,
– Knock him off?
– Yes. Gladly, if I could.
可我没做。
But I did not.
现在有人想用这个陷害我。
Someone here beat me to it.
看来我们被邀请到这里来都另有原因,
So there’s more than one reason we was invited.
并不仅仅是要检测我们的侦探技能,
Twain was testing our skills as detectives,
而我们都有杀死这个老家伙的合理动机。
and we all have motives for doing him in.
还没听过你的动机,戴蒙德先生。
Have not yet heard your motive, Mr. Diamond.
我的动机不重要,
My motive is unimportant.
简单说吧,我也恨他恨到了想杀死他的地步。
Let’s just say I hated him enough to kill him.
关键时候三缄其口,戴蒙德先生,
You are closed man, Mr. Diamond.
城府很深啊。
You hide many things.
是不是被双先生抓住了什么把柄?
Could it be that Mr. Twain discover your secret?
不明白你在胡扯些什么。
I don’t know what you’re talking about.
我们知道的情况似乎不是这样,对不对,斯凯富顿小姐?
We know different, do we not, Miss Skeffington?
双在同性恋酒吧逮住了山姆。
Twain met Sam in a gay bar.
我在那儿办案!是工作!
I was working on a case. Working!
一连六个月每天晚上?
Every night for six months?
每天为了50大圆我容易么?
For 50 bucks a day and expenses.
我讨厌那些同性恋。
I hate them queeries.
双还拍了一些山姆的慢镜头短片……
Twain had Polaroid pictures of Sam in drag.
我在卧底!
I was in disguise.
有很多贵夫人去那种场所的。
Lots of dames go in those joints.
我从没和人接过吻,
I never kissed nobody.
我对女人都不做的事情,怎么会对男人做呢。
I never did nothing to a man that I wouldn’t do to a woman.
而且我也没杀双!
And I never killed Twain.
婊♥子♥!
Bitch.
非常有趣,
Most interesting.
都有杀双的完美动机,
All had perfect motives for killing Twain.
好奇到底是谁动手了呢?
Wonder which one was one who done it.
还有整整一个晚上呢,
We still have the night to get through.
不管这个案子最终是谁破的,
If anyone is going to solve this case,
我提议大家还是先好好睡一觉吧。
I say we all get a good night’s sleep.
我提议大家还要把房♥门锁上,
I suggest we all lock our doors.
我们当中有一个疯狂的凶手,
One of us is
a mad killer,
可不能大意了。
not to be trusted.
(THUNDER RUMBLING)
(DOOR LOCKS)
老爸?
Pop?
嗯?
Yeah?
你觉得谁是凶手?
Who do you think is the murderer?
睡梦中再思考。
Must sleep on it.
明早醒来时就知道了。
Will know in morning when wake up.
你要是醒不过来怎么办?
What if you don’t wake up?
那你就死了。
Then you did it.
睡吧。
Go sleep, please.
晚安,老爸。
Good night, Dad.
闭嘴,你这个收养的猫仔。
Should have adopted pussycat.
(HISSING)
我把暖气关了吧, 老爸?
Should I turn off the steam, Pop?
(HISSING CONTINUES)
不是暖气。
Not steam.
某人刚刚放了一条毒蛇进来。
Someone just put deadly snake in room.
等它靠近床的时候叫醒我。
Wake me when it come near bed.
我只想对你说,就算你是凶手,
Dickie, darling, if you’re the murderer,
我仍然还会爱你。
I’ll still love you.