or did you think about what I said…
确实是你这么认为的?
and answer cause you truly believe that to be right?
真心同意您的观点
I agree with what you said… truly.
我的什么观点?
What did I say?
态度很大程度上决定人生
That a man’s attitude determines to a large extent how his life will be.
根据我的观点
So since you agree…
你一定是个不在乎自己过的好不好的人
you must be a person who does not care about the good life.
怎么讲?
How’s that?
停下来反省一下吧
Well, stop for a little second and think about it.
拜托你这么做吧
Can you do that for me?
好的 我正在反省
Okay, I’m thinking.
你根本没在反省
No. You’re not thinkin’
你真的太自以为是了
You’re too busy being a smart aleck to be thinkin’.
现在 我希望你反省 不要再自以为是了
Now I want ya to think and stop bein’ a smart aleck.
拜托你尝试一下
Can you try that for me?
到底怎么回事?你到底要我怎么做?
Look … where’s this going? What do you want me to do?
假定有一辆双座车
There’s sometimes a buggy.
一辆双座车需要几个司机?
How many drivers does a buggy have?
一个
One.
假设我已经是那个唯一的司机了
So let’s just say I’m drivin’ this buggy…
如果你态度端正的话 你可以一起乘我的车
and you if fix your attitude you can ride along with me.
好的
Okay.
我希望你明天回去上班
I want you to go back to work tomorrow.
无论如何女主角得重选…
You were re-casting the lead actress anyway…
你要让许多女孩为角色试镜
audition many girls for the part.
而当试到那个女孩时 你得说
When you see the girl that was shown to you earlier today, you will say:
就是她了
This is the girl.
其他角色人选
The rest of the cast can stay.
仍然由你定
That is up to you.
但女主角不由你定
But that lead girl is not up to you.
你还能再见我一次…
Now, you will see me one more time…
如果表现出色的话
if you do good.
你还会再见我两次…
You will see me two more times…
如果干的不好
if you do bad.
晚安
Good night.
你还没走
You’re still here?
我又回来了 这不正如你所愿吗?
I came back. I thought that’s what you wanted.
没人想看见你
Nobody wants you here!
真的吗?
Really?
我父母就在楼上 他们以为你已经走了
My parents are right upstairs! They think you’ve left.
– 那又怎样?很吃惊罢了 – 我要叫他们下来 我要叫我父亲下来
– So… surprise… – I can call them… I can call my dad…
你不会的
But you won’t…
你威胁我是没有用的
If you’re trying to blackmail me… it’s not going to work.
你玩的游戏很危险
You’re playing a dangerous game here.
你知道我想怎么样的 也不是很难满足的
You know what I want… it’s not that difficult.
出去 否则我把父亲叫下来
Get out! Get out before I call my dad …
他很信任你 把你当最好的朋友
he trusts you… you’re his best friend.
一切都将结束
This will be the end of everything.
你呢?你父亲会怎么看你?
What about you? What will your dad think about you?
不要说了 你一开始就这样说
Stop! Just stop! That’s what you said from the beginning.
如果我把实情告诉他们 他们会把你送进监狱
If I tell what happened… they’ll arrest you and put you in jail.
请马上离开这 免得我…
so get out of here before…
免得你什么?
Before what?
免得…我宰了你
Before I kill you.
那他们会把你扔进监狱
Then they’d put you in jail.
然后我会哭 哭 哭 接着很动情地说
Then I cry, cry, cry, and then I say with big emotion:
我恨你 我恨我们俩个
I hate you… I hate us both!
好蹩脚的剧本
Such a lame scene.
不过你真的很棒
But you are really good.
[英国口音]谢谢你 亲爱的
Thank you dahling!
嘿
Hi there!
你是谁?
Who are you?
贝蒂 能到外面聊几句吗?
Betty, can I see you outside for a minute?
– 什么事?可可 – 你姨妈打电♥话♥给我
– What is it Coco? – Your aunt called
我就担心会这样
I was afraid of that.
她想弄清楚 到底是谁在她家里
She wants to know who’s staying in her apartment.
她不过呆一两个晚上就会走的
It’s just for a night or two, until she finds her own place.
我向姨妈解释过的 但电♥话♥线路不是很好…
I tried to explain that to Aunt Ruth, but the connection was bad…
当时飞机正在起飞 她可能有点误会
and her plane was leaving, and she got it all mixed up.
我说过这是我的朋友丽塔
I kept telling her it was my friend Rita…
可她说不认识什么丽塔
and she kept saying she didn’t know any Ritas…
– 看着我 甜心 – 可可
Look at me straight, sweetie.
她人很好的
Coco… she’s very nice.
甜心 你是个好孩子
Honey… you’re a good kid.
你的话听起来不错
What you’re telling me is a load of horse-pucky
我却总觉的不是很踏实
even though it comes from a good place.
不过 我相信你会处理好这事的
Now, I’m gonna trust you to sort this thing out
– 谢谢 – 别让我失望
– Thank you. – Don’t make me out to be a sucker.
露易斯·波尼尔说过这里要出事
Louise Bonner says there’s trouble in there.
记得吗?就是昨晚
Remember last night?
她说的不一定对
Well, sometimes she’s wrong,
但如果真有什么麻烦 就得马上解决掉
but if there is trouble get rid of it.
没事吧?
Is everything all right?
我在这给你添麻烦了吧
Is it bad for you that I’m here?
没有 一切都挺好的
No, no, everything is A-okay.
我要去把三文治弄好
Now, I’ve gotta fix that sandwich!
还有一个小时就要试镜了
And my audition is in one hour.
两小时后应该能回来
I hope I’m back in a couple of hours.
– 别把可乐都喝光了 – 祝你好运
– Don’t drink all the coke. – Good luck!
等我回来后会叫车在外面等着 你做好出门准备
When I get back I’ll have the cab waiting, so be ready to go.
– 好吗? – 好的
– Okay. – Okay?
进来
Come in.
贝蒂·艾姆斯 给你介绍一下…
Betty Elms, I’d like you to meet…
杰克·土特曼 我的助手
Jack Tuptman, my assistant,
伍迪·卡特滋
Woody Katz who we’ve cast in the part…
他会和你一起表演
of “Chuck”. He’ll do the scene with you.
鲍勃·布鲁克 我们的导演
Bob Brooker, the director
还有朱丽叶·查德威克
and Julie Chadwick…
以及让人惊喜的嘉宾
Now, our surprise guest is:
里尼·詹姆斯
Linney James.
唉 我们请不起她演戏
Alas we can’t afford her to cast our show,
不过挑选演员…
but as casting agents go…
她也是最有眼光的
she’s the best.
谢谢 沃利…你好 贝蒂
Why thank you, Wally. Hello Betty.
幸会
Very pleased to meet you.
这是我的助手 尼奇
This is my assistant, Nicki.
还有可爱的马莎
Oh, and the ever lovely Martha,
马莎·约翰逊 以前你见过的
Martha Johnson, who you met out front.
你好
Hi.
可以开始了吗?
So shall we get it to go?
要不要先来杯水或是咖啡?
Would you like a water or a coffee before we begin?
不要了
No, no, I’m fine.
好的 那么大家各就各位
Well then, let’s everyone take a seat.
贝蒂 到伍迪那边去 准备开始了
Betty, why don’t you join Woody over there and we’ll play the scene.
鲍勃 你有什么话想要说给…
Bob, do you have anything you wish to say…
在我们走前交待贝蒂的?
something to Betty before we begin?
注意 不是争论
No… it’s not a contest,
两个人之间的
the two of them with themselves,
所以不要试图去演…
so don’t play it for real…
要自然一点
until it gets real.
好的
Okay.
告诉我哪受伤了 宝贝
Just tell me where it hurts, baby.
什么?
What?
嘿 波比 我看应该演得亲热点
Hey Bobby, I want to play this one nice and close,
就像和其他女孩试镜一样
like we did with that other girl,
她叫什么名字来着? 黑头发的那个 感觉挺好的
what’s her name? The one with the black hair. That felt kinda good.
– 你认为怎么样? – 很好 伍迪
– Whaddya think? – That’s good, Woody.
说那句台词别太快了
Just don’t rush that line again.
你说的是那句台词吧?“免得什么?” 告诉你吧
I told you… the line where you say, “Before what?”
波比 演戏其实是相互影响的
Bobby, acting is reacting…
我只是配合而已 她们都说的很快